Chambre Deluxe

Good

Okay, but ...

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"My wife and I stayed twice in this hotel transiting through Casablanca on both occasions. The first time the bellhop was showing us our room with no view when a younger female management person suddenly appeared and said no we can do much better than this and showed us to a room with a view of the side street. The first one must have been bad. The second time we overnighted in a room at the front of the hotel with a view over the medina which was better. Communication was a bit of problem and we had the impression some selective use of English was being employed, especially by the restaurant serving staff. Not that they were obstructive, you just had the feeling a couple of them were deliberately not being as helpful as they could have been. We ate breakfast and dinner in the hotel as we waiting for other connections. The food was adequate but no more which was disappointing as we love Moroccan cuisine. We really missed a pool. The location is good with the medina close by and other locations within walking distance. A little more consideration and service would have gone some way to making our stays better than they were."

• Travel date: 28th January 2008

Okay hotel for transit

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"This hotel was okay. The front desk staff was okay. They couldn't find our reservations which we had done through orbitz. I gave them our last names, and she told me that I had the wrong reservation because our reservations were under another internet company's name. I thought it was a little unprofessional to tell me I was wrong especially when I had the orbitz confirmation with me. The doormen were a bit unfriendly as well. The room was okay, a bit old, but there was A/C a luxury we had not had in a while. The bathroom was large. The room actually had a large balcony which was nice. The only good service was for dinner at night. The service was wonderful and the food was average. The servers at breakfast was another thing...not very friendly at all. If we had too, we would stay again, b/c I saw some other hotels around that I would never want to stay in!"

• Travel date: 10th July 2007

Not Worth the Money.....

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"i had my doubts and they were confirmed. this place is not worth the price. Two main complaints: the rooms are in need of a massive overhall.....grotty is the only way to describe the carpets and the bedding (did not have standard pillows, and i was afraid of what i would catch if i slept on the throw pillows). The second issue was the reception folks were most unhelpful (rest of hotel staff were much more amicable). Getting them to respond to a question is much like pulling on a bad cavity. This was not worth the money."

• Travel date: 30th June 2007

Lovely room

Good
Reviewed 29th November 2012

"Beautifully furnished room with large, modern bathroom. The entire hotel is attractively furnished. Hotel Kenzi Basma is located in the center of the city, which is not particularly appealing; but it is a good, clean place to stay. Many choices for breakfast, which was included. Dinner was good but not nearly as good as other meals in Morocco we considered exceptional."

• Travel date: 28th April 2007

mixed feelings

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"have mixed feelings about this hotel. i must start by saying that it was not our first choice but was offered this hotel as a replacement when our first booking was cancelled the day before we were due to stay there. hotel was clean and appeared ok on checking in. some discrepancies over the requested room tho. took 45 minutes from phoning room service to recieve 2 cups of coffee. then took 90 mins and 3 trips to the reception desk to obtain an ashtray for the smoking room and pillows which were not supplied with the bed!!!! some reception staff were barely able to speak english which lead to a few frayed tempers. good location, pleasant bell boys and lovely breakfasts. would think twice before staying there again."

• Travel date: 27th November 2006

An Okay place to stay

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"Good Location. We found the staff very pleasant and helpful. Room was okay. A.C. and TV worked fine. Nice breakfast and newly decorated breakfast room. We stayed in two different places in Casa. This was definately the better. Just would like a pool in the summer, which they do not have."

• Travel date: 27th August 2006

Awful, never go there. Rooms are dirty

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"The staff is crazy and awful. Rooms are very very dirty : dusk, insects, there is a dry liquid on the TV and .... well I prefer not to talk about what I saw there. Another point is the horrible food.... Electric plugs are completely destroyed. The worse hostel I ever visited (I made many hotels in the world for business purposes)."

• Travel date: 7th August 2006

Go Elsewhere

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"This place looks ok from the pictures but in actuality, it's awful. Thank goodness we were only here for 1 day. Some complaints: the room smelled like a toilet, the towels and sheets looked and felt like they were about 10 yrs old, ants in the bathroom. Bascially, this 4 star hotel should have been a 2 star hotel at the most. Very disappointed."

• Travel date: 4th June 2006

Acceptable

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"We stayed at the Kenzi Basma for our one night in Casablanca simply because I'd left booking a little late, and the hotel I'd really wanted - the Transatlantic - was all booked (we popped into the lobby of the Transatlantic to check it out while we were there, and it was full of tourists from TWO tourbuses, so I think we didn't miss out on the old-school Casa glamour I'd hoped for). Anyway, the Kenzi is well-located in downtown Casa. It's a little shabby, and wasn't the cleanest, but seemed safe and decent enough. The thing that bothered me the most was that on booking I'd specified one large bed, but on arrival we found our room had two smaller ones pushed together. They weren't even made up as one bed, as we'd encountered in other hotels, and they weren't even of the same height!!! The "crack" was a veritable crevasse. So much for cuddling. I suppose we could have requested a room change, but we were too tired from a long drive. Breakfast was included and was quite good."

• Travel date: 27th May 2006

What a disaster

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"My girlfriend and I stayed here in late Jan 2006, as an over night in transit to Marrakech. We decided to book this one based on some nice pictures and a review seen on the web, describing the hotel as 4 stars Well, what a DUMP and that is being conservative, and as far as a 4 star rating, this would only happen if it were a 20 star rating being 20 as the best and 1 the worst. We booked a room with a king bed, when arrived they tried to give us one with two singles, we asked to be changed so they did and at the time it was late in the evening (1.00 am) so we said OK with out checking the bathroom. This is where the whole thing went pear shaped in the morning. After flushing the toilet half of Casablanca ended up on the floor, when using the shower (No shower no curtain, shower head face 90 Deg to the bath and the head hose had holes in it) the only thing in the room that doesn’t end up getting wet is your self, there after causing some serious stress with the little woman, as we all know happens in these situations. Breakfast nothing but garbage however at the time we were not concerned as it was already included in the confirmed booking on the hotel. 1/2 hour later we go to check out I told the desk manager with the problems with the room, his response was hand me a bill for the slop served @ breakfast – which Hang on I we already paid for. Again I discussed with the management that we had prepaid confirmation (and had the print of that) and the best response was a sour smug and a good old shrug of his shoulders and a comment of you take it up with your CC company or with the company the booked the accom in the first place. At the end of this all I can say is if you really want to get disappointed whilst in Casablanca book are the Kensi Basma, if you want to enjoy the accom’s in Casablanca best you look some where else."

• Travel date: 22nd February 2006

Hotels near Hotel Kenzi Basma

Hotel Kenzi Basma is also called

• Kenzi Basma Hotel
  • kenzi basma hotel casablanca
  • kenzi basma casablanca