Cockroach Heaven

Reviewed Wed 27th of April 2011

"We stayed for one night in April 2011, on our way home. A very nice staff, yes, but the place is brokwn down (toilet seats not attched in any of the 3 rooms), there are cockroaches out and about, scary big black ones, the bedrooms are full of smoke stink, and the whole business very shabby and unhappy. The price was cheap and it was a flophouse in a bad neighborhood as well. Hoodlums ran up and down all night outside, making noise, and overall I would never stay in a place like this, again, for any price.

Showers did not work, tv remotes did not work, a/c did not work, it was a nightmare.

The only redeeming factors were the beautiful main floor dining area, salon, decent breakfast, however, again, I would not recommend this place to anyone who has any standards or expectations.

• Travel date: Sun 24th of April 2011

Cheap and Helpful

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"A centrally located hotel which is relatively clean and comfortable; though the bathrooms are tiny. The staff are all very friendly and exceedingly helpful. It is the ideal place to start a trip around Morocco from."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of August 2007

A good, friendly Hotel

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Its hard not to like Hotel Guynemer.

First of all, the staff are very friendly. Everyone is keen to help. The rates are very good, when you consider the standard of the rooms. Sure, its not the Sheraton, but we stayed here twice and our room was fairly modern, a decent size and had a fairly new bathroom.

They have an airport pick up/drop off service, which is very handy.

The downside is that rooms which adjoin the street can be a bit noisy. Both times our room was on the street, which can be loud till after midnight. But you could just shut the window and you woudn't notice.

If you are only staying a night or 2 in casablanca, then Hotel Guynemer is great. I had to give it 4 stars, just because the staff there try so hard to make you feel welcome.

Also, the breakfast was good. The guy that serves breakfast was very friendly and always up for a chat.

Its not luxurious, but you get much more than your money's worth here.

It seems to be more popular with Moroccan business people than with travellers. Its also in a pretty handy spot and you can pretty much walk anywhere in Casablanca."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2007

Not sure about this place

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Great internet booking and reliable airport pickup and return. Fair room price, and generally helpful front desk staff. Two serious problems: had requested far in advance based on other travel advisor comments to seek a large room, high up to avoid noise. Our room was on the second level, mid size, with an internal vent system wherein workers went up and down until early evening with views into the room. More problematic was exit early next pm, when waiting to catch the taxi to the airport the night desk clerk announced we were a room towel short and this was a very big deal to be resolved now. My wife explained nothing should be out of order, I offerred to pay for any missing towel to diffuse tensions, but the clerk was not to be assuaged; he appeared afraid of losing his job. In an attempt to find out what was wrong, I went back up into the room, looking for whatever towel, large or small was causing the anxiety. I found a small bunched up face towel under one of the twin beds, carried it down the steps and acheived what seemed to be a timirous peace until exit. What is the high anxiety in this place about this? What this weird experience and the misplacement of the room with voyeurs to boot (not that big a deal but not a professional touch) we can't recommmend this place."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of June 2007

Fantastic Hotel!!!

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"The hotel lived up to all the postive reviews i have read on this website and in the lonely planet book. The staff is amazing-very helpful and made our stay enjoyable. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Casablanca!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

A place to sleep......if you can!!!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Stayed at this budget hotel as the first night of a 14 day tour of Morocco. Firstly the staff were friendly and the place kept clean, so no problems there.
It is set in a fairly rough side street and can get noisy. There are various pizza places and clubs nearby, the windows do little to keep out noise so try to get a room as high up as possible.
We were on the 2nd floor. The room was small, the bathroom very small. In fact you had to sit sideways to get on the toilet.
The breakfast on offer was standard as one of bolied eggs, bread, coffee, juice, etc. If you are planning to tour Morocco - get used to this at nearly all budget hotels.
Doubt anyone stays here for too long but as an overnighter, get in, sleep if you can and move on. There are better budget hotels than this."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of March 2007

The best hotel in casablanca city

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"we went for a trip to morocco me and some friends of mine from texas, and i found about Hotel GUYNEMER in the lonely planet guide book and i sent them an e mail which i got the answer the same afternoon, with no charges of any fees or even askin about the Credit card number, the service was excelent from the first day: pick up at the airport at the price of 200 dirhams less cheaper than taxis , perfect and well decorated room, delisious food at the restaurant
I recomand this hotel for anyone who`s travelin alone or with family or friend to CASABLANCA"

• Travel date: Wed 24th of January 2007

Airport pickup is handy

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"This is a comfortable hotel although the rooms and especially bathrooms are a little snug. The restaurant serves a great lamb and prune tagine. They will organise airport pick up for you which is very welcome when arriving late. On the whole reasonable value for money."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of January 2007

A nice welcome to Morocco

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"Faded but perfectly acceptable for 450Dh double ensuite and breakfast. The Guynemer was the only one of several hotels to respond to a fax enquiry about room availibility. Picked us up from the airport for 200Dh, cheaper than the usual night rate, and whisked us to a very comfy deco-influenced room where we slept soundly. Breakfast was very good and they have a restaurant service which I imagine is also pretty good. We went to the Dauphin restaurant for dinner, however, which had great fish for a bargain price."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of December 2006

Good deal

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Decent option for a short stay in Casablanca

Positives:
- Good sized clean room and bathroom with shower
- Free internet access in lobby
- Good simple breakfast included
- Friendly staff
- Good location
- Good value

Negatives:
- street outside can be pretty noisy at night (kebab shop across the road)
- no air conditioning"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of September 2006

Made Us Feel At Home

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2012

"In July 2006 my daughter, sister-in-law, and I traveled to Morocco and stayed at the Hotel Guynemer on our first night. This was our first trip to Morocco and we were a little concerned about how we three women would be received. We picked the perfect place to stay as the staff immediately put us at ease and even found a guide who gave us a quick tour of the city. That evening I had my first tagine at the hotel restaurant and was delighted with the live entertainment. The rooms are small but very clean and it is the perfect spot for single women who are starting out in Casablanca. They even personally delivered us to the train station the following day. I was so impressed with the staff that I chose to return the night before I left the country. Not surprisingly, they all remembered my name and made me feel like I had returned home, not just to a hotel. I would recommend Hotel Guynemer to anyone who needs an inexpensive place to stay in Casablanca."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of July 2006

Hotels near Hotel Guynemer

Top traveller tips for Hotel Guynemer

• Unhappy Visitor by Unhappy Visitor

"Book a different hotel "

Hotel Guynemer is also called