Great service

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"I stayed here with a tour group this month. We only stayed one night so I did not have a chance to use a lot of the hotel's amenities. However, from the time we walked through the door, the service was great. Check-in was rapid, we were greated with cool towels and a welcome beverage. The hotel is beautful and had a nice conference room. I had a pleasant one night stay."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of May 2009

disturbing

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"well we never actually got to stay here and reading the other reviews it was probably just as well.
we booked and prepaid this hotel 3 months before our trip and with 2 nights to go we got an email from the booking agent that this hotel could no longer accomodate us. the agent managed to get us another hotel of similar price but this wasnt the point. how can a hotel just cancel a room when u have paid so far in advance?????"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of November 2006

Very Filthy

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I had no choice but to stop in the Hotel Farah as my client put me in there. But I have to say this is the worst hotel I have ever stopped in. I was on the 12th floor and it smelt of urine. The carpets in the room are disgusting; they don’t look like they have been vacuumed in over a year. In fact, my carpets at university house were cleaner.

It’s just so rough round the edges and all the things you would expect in a four star hotel are missing. The swimming pool has around 200 pigeons around it (See photo) and you can see their excrement floating in the water.

The food is absolutely awful – I’m not going into details but there is a big buffet spread with nothing, which even looks appetising. Even the coffee was vulgar. I ate in the Italian restaurant and it was dreadful. Absolutely no atmosphere and the only thing Italian about it were the pizzas, which were very poor too. The staffs are not that friendly and you have to pay for everything. E.g. if you forget your toothpaste or if you want to use internet.

To put the icing on the cake my floor was being renovated and so I had to put up with noise from 8am to 8pm. I think they’d be best off knocking this place down and starting again.

I moved up the road to the Sheraton for my final night, although this is not absolutely perfect for a 5 star hotel, it is very clean and the staff are very attentive. I guess you pay for what you get."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of September 2006

It's time for a refurbishment of the rooms

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"Stayed at the Farah as all hotels in Casablanca were fully booked and what a shock! This place is not worth being part of an international hotel chain: rooms are dirty, aircon barely work, location is loud, no light in hallway.....

I wish I didn't have to come to casablanca on that week."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of September 2006

Not a good location, pleased it was only a one night stay

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"The good things about this hotel stay; the hotel and room were clean, the room had two double beds and the toilet was in a separate room to the main bathroom. A few minutes walk from the hotel was a very inexpensive internet cafe, French speaking but friendly and we worked it out very easily.

The bad things; the hotel is a considerable distance from the Casbah (not worth visiting anyhow versus Fez and Marrakesh) and the main Mosque. The hotel location is in a dark, commercial area near the port, there is a beach a short distance away but people we were traveling with didn't enjoy walking there due to the aggressiveness of the hawkers. At the time we stayed (Jan 06) there was a construction site right across the street and we needed to ensure that our curtains were pulled as anytime we looked out the workers were looking back.

I didn't feel comfortable walking around the hotel, even in a small group and was pleased to only be staying for one night."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of July 2006

Much better than expected

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"I was very worried by the other reviews I had seen as I was staying at this hotel for six nights, while running a training workshop.

The reality was much better than I expected. This is not a four or five star hotel. But it is clean, the lifts are modern and efficient and it has plenty of hot water - the three things I really need for basic comfort.

My room was on the 14th floor on the side of the main road. I could just hear the traffic but only as a background noise. Not enough to be any kind of problem.

The service at reception can be a bit dozy but they try to help - eventually! If people get cross with them and shout they get a lot dozier... It was amazing how many of the staff turned out to speak English when my halting French and a big smile was deployed.

The room furnishings had seen better days and some of the enamel on the bathtub was chipped. But the sheets were clean, the shower worked well and so did the TV.

The unexpected bonus was the food in the Hotel's Moroccan restaurant - Very good indeed and reasonably priced. The Italian in-house restaurant was OK but not as interesting!

The main hotel restaurant did an excellent breakfast buffet - but the only type of eggs available were boiled, which upset some tourists. Try the two types of Moroccan pancakes made by the lady sitting at the end of the buffet - fantastic with the fresh Moroccan oranges! The buffet lunch was unexpectedly good too - plenty of meze style dishes, Moroccan main courses and very good puddings. However we never got to the evening buffet, as the Moroccan restaurant won hands down on most nights we were in the hotel.

I can see this hotel could be a disappointment to someone fresh from a lovely ryad in Marrakesh and expecting a similar standard. But taken on its merits I was very comfortable there and would happily go back when I next work in Morocco... or for a transit night on my way to the more attractive parts of Morocco for holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of November 2005

Quiet pigeon pool, loud road

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"The reviews really worried me. We were there on the first and last nights of our tour. On the first night we had a room on floor above the pool with the pigeons, it was quiet and a nice view of the fluttering pigeons. On the last night we had the street side - loud! The air condition maybe ventilated a little, but we couldn't open the window on the 7th floor which was dangerously low, and it would have been even louder.
The staff was quite nice when I spoke a language they know - french. But on our arrival it took us six hours to get towels, four times requested. At the end my husband, who has a strong voice, went to the lobby and shouted that people should bring towels from home.
The food was OK for tourists who don't know how tasty Moroccan food can be, it was maybe better that in our other hotels."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of October 2005

Not as bad as I thought

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"Stayed for 3 nights on a business trip. From the 2 reviews posted I was very concerned before I arrived (the hotel had been booked by business associates in Casablanca). However, whilst the hotel was not the best I have stayed in the room was relatively clean and roomy, although the carpet needed the vacuum running over it -but the bedding was clean and the bathroom acceptable, ready for refurbishment but ok. The staff all seemed friendly enough and the bathroom was restocked and cleaned and the bed made each day. There was plenty of choice at breakfast for all tastes. Yes the hotel is on a busy street but Casablanca is a busy business area, not the place for a holiday, so it's probably no more noisy than you would expect. I would agree that the pool area is dreadful but overall the hotel was acceptable."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of September 2005

bad choice

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"This hotel is a very bad choice. The location is not good, noisy, overlooking an industrial site and rail complex. The staff at front desk is rude and not interested in guests. The rooms are dark, dirty, nothing works. The "swimming pool" is a joke, is located on a sort of balcony, terrace, at a high floor, lots of pigeons, very, very dirty, I have not seen anyone using it. I felt very depressed and only staid for business purposes. Would never ever go back, not even on a business trip. And there are so many good hotels in Morocco and so many friendly people. Not in the Farah."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of July 2005

Terrible!

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"This hotel was offered by Royal Air Maroc as my flight back home was cancelled. It is terrible! The worst hotel I stayed at in Maroc! Do not even consider going there. And above all: staff is incredible unfriendly!

Service: lousy;
Furniture: worn-out;
Cleanliness: I used my sleeping bag!
Minibar: empty/not available;
Food: mediocre
Staff: never experienced such louse service in Maroc before, extremly unfriendly, arrogant and careless, one does not have the feeling of being welcome,"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of December 2004