This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Dar Itrit

Dar Itrit

Good

Look no further - Real Morrocco - Classy - Family

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"If you are traveling to Casablanca I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere but Dar Itrit. Estrella and Jean Pierre offer up their guest rooms in a great location easily accessible to everything by Petite Taxi and in close walking distance to great markets, and more. There are banks nearbye for money exchange too. I went as a single mother with my two daughters ages 10 and 7 and we were unsure what we'd find in Casablanca. I thought it might be a bit rough, but the people were so friendly and helpful overall and if you times that by 10 you get Estrella and Jean Pierre. My girls and I felt like we were staying with family. Great tips on what to do and where to go, good conversation and loads of genuine love. The rooms are tastefully decorated in traditional Morroccan prints, with comfortable beds, slippers and robes. A plate of dates and figs are waiting at your bedside table. Lovely courtyard to gaze on and a super deck to lounge on in the morning before going out for the day... We often enjoyed this in the late mornings after breakfast when we were so full we had to rent before moving much. Likewise it's a great place for an evening drink. The breakfasts were a mix of gourmet East meets West cuisine - Crepes both French and Morroccan style. Fruits from the area, fine cheeses and home made pastry. Even cereal for anyone who wants that regular type of thing. WHATEVER YOU DO, be SURE to arrange for a Morroccan Evening Meal which is a sumptuous 3 course meal. We had this our first night in from the airport and I'd suggest this to everyone. Get settled in, relax, be pampered and well fed, then start your next day roaming around the city. Jean Pierre arranged for a taxi to pick us up and bring us to their guest home. At the end of our trip the same driver came to pick us up and take us back. This can be a huge help when coming off the plane and out of customs finds a friendly face with a sign awaiting you. The cost is the same as if you'd hired your own, but without any hastle nor confusion on finding the address. We had a master room as well as a room with two twins for the girls. Both were lovely. The kids didn't want to leave. They hugged and hugged our hosts. They enjoyed watching how the morroccan crepes were made and being taken by Estrella to visit the local fish, meat, and vegetable markets. She even dropped us off at the Mosque on her way to town that day. Such a lovely woman. Jean Pierre put my girls up in their own room at no extra cost, just incase they didn't want to co-sleep with me. He showed us around their place (next door) and the art pieces they have were fascinating to my girls. There was so much genuine kindness to be had. Suggestions on best place to have a Haman Turkish Style bath, where to eat out, hidden gem areas of the big market were all right on and made our stay very easy and extra enjoyable. We liked feeling like locals in the know. We are hoping they will some day come and visit us in the U.S.A, but until then if we travel to West Africa again and have to change planes it will be in Casablanca with another three days to stay at Dar Itrit."

• Travel date: 9th March 2009

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"The idea was to stay in a decent place that doesn't cost that much for our 1 night stay in Casa before we depart to Dubai from our holidays in Marrakech. But when we got there, gosh it was absolutely gorgeous - a small guesthouse elegantly and painstakingly decorated by Estrella & Jean Pierre with items and paintings collected from their travels all over the world. Dar Itrit was like a art gallery in a warm home! Apart from the beauty of Dar Itrit, Jean Pierr & Estrella were most gracious and helpful, Jean Pierre personnally came to pick us up from the train station when no taxi wanted to take us! We were given the guestroom in their own (also beautiful) home next to Dar Itrit as the room booked in Dar Itrit was let out to another guest due to some miscommunication. As for breakfast, if only we had more time and bigger stomachs. Mmm should have stayed longer than one night, hopefully some other time...."

• Travel date: 24th January 2009

Perfect!

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"My boyfriend and I took a 2 week tour of Morocco beginning and ending in Casablanca. We were only in Casa the first night of our trip and the last night. We stayed at Dar Itrit both nights and it was lovely. What a wonderful and reassuring welcome to a country that was so far from home. The rooms are delightful, the owners gracious and the breakfast - the best we had on our trip. I highly recommend this hidden gem!"

• Travel date: 23rd March 2008

Extremely impressed

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We were only able to stay here for one night on our way out of Morocco - but what a way to end the trip! The owners are so warm and welcoming, you feel as if you are already home! The guesthouse is so cute and charming, clean, and filled with little amenities that really make it standout (like robes and slippers, and chocolates on the pillows). We stayed in the Marrakech room, which was so lovely and our bathroom was across the hall. The bathroom is filled with everything you might need and then some, and a hot shower with water pressure you wouldn't believe. As if all of this wasn't enough - we decided to eat dinner here...something you should ALL do if you stay here. Estrella is a phenomenal cook and it is a nice break from the tajine...you won't be dissapointed. The only glitch we found was that our driver had NO idea how to get there....apparently it is hard to find. so make sure you get good directions!!"

• Travel date: 18th May 2007

Gracious and welcoming

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"If you can manage with a shared bathroom, which was an inconvenience for me, this is just like home. Great value for the price, and the owner, Estrella, is a fabulous cook. Best breakfast in all of Morocco, and with advance notice, she will cook dinner for you. Definitely plan on this; it's better than any restaurant. Despite the lack of ensuite bath, we will happily stay there again."

• Travel date: 21st November 2006

Unexpected comfort and wonderful welcome

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"I sent one night in Dar Itrit, while on business to Casablanca. I wanted a change from the impersonal cold hotels and after browsing the net I ran into this small guesthouse. I felt like being at home. It has nothing to do with a standard hotel Incredible comfort and delicious breakfast. I'll definetely go back again if the opportunity arises."

• Travel date: 8th September 2006

Great little place!

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"We booked Dar Itrit as it looked like one of the only places to stay in Casablanca which had any character! We are glad that we booked it. The guest house is very small, with only three rooms altogether. We stayed in the Marrakech room which had its own small private veranda, perfect for relaxing with a beer in the evening. The owners were extremely helpful and gave us lots of tips about where to go in Casablanca. The only downside to this place is that it isn't centrally located, although petit taxis are so cheap that we really did not find this to be a problem."

• Travel date: 8th June 2006

Hotels near Dar Itrit

Dar Itrit is also called

• hotel dar itrit
  • hotel dar itrit casablanca