Very nice hotel

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Probably one of the best places to stay in hectic Casablanca. We booked a good deal through the internet and got a great room on the 12th floor. An enourmous room with a great view on the city. New and modern hotel. Fine location. Not that many special features though.

M and T,
The Netherlands"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of October 2008

An Oasis in Morocco

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"After a series of Riads located in Medinas all over Morocco, the Hotel Barcelo is a welcome relief. The hotel is located on a great street, close to everything, and you feel very comfortable and safe walking around. The staff is very helpful and pleasant. The hotel is easy to find. I would highly recommend it."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of September 2008

Nice Hotel

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Nice room. Friendly staff. Had a problem with the ATM machine eating my card and reception immediately went to the bank next door and fixed the problem. Room service was prompt, but wouldn't recommend the hamburger. The club sandwich is a safe option. Overall, it is a pretty nice hotel and would stay there again."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of May 2008

A very recommendable hotel

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"Stayed there for one night on ocassion of a quick business trip to Casablanca as my previous experiences with Maroccain hotel chains were not too thriling. I was alert by previous feedback from other travellers about lack of confirmation of the room booked thru the hotel website, but mine was okay. The hotel is modern, had a fantastic large bed, breakfast was good and I would definitely recommend this hotel for anybody travelling to Casablanca. Besides, there are plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of May 2008

Good basic hotel

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"I stayed in this hotel for one night before my flight back from Casablanca to the U.S. It was very good for this purpose and for business travel. I think it is above average for Casablanca, if only neutral/average if one were staying in a city with a better hotel selection. My room was simple, clean, and well heated, with a view of the mosque. The shower was good - strong water pressure, plenty of hot water. This hotel is less expensive than the Sheraton and Hyatt, but you still get what you need for a brief stay.

The hotel staff all speak English. They were friendly and helpful - e.g. when they gave me my wakeup call and I didn't answer (must have been in shower), they sent someone up to knock at my door and make sure I was up. The breakfast buffet was good. I had dinner in the restaurant and the food was fine, if not great. I had a funny Moroccan waiter who'd visited the U.S. once and really wanted to talk about the NY Yankees and "why they always win". (Told him this has changed!) The hotel is only a 25-30 minute drive to the airport, closer than many other hotels in the city. The cab that the hotel ordered for me showed up on time.

There is internet access in each bedroom and also a computer area in one of the public rooms. There are meeting rooms for business, if you need them.

I didn't explore the neighborhood of the Barcelo, but it looked decent and non-alarming. I noted they always seemed to have a guy or two standing out in front of the hotel for security.

I read the prior reviews about mislaid reservations. My suggestion is to call the hotel directly, then insist they send you a confirmation email after you reserve, and then before you leave on your trip call again to confirm and resend them the email that they sent you. This is what my riad in Marrakech did when they reserved me the room at the Barcelo, and it worked fine."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of January 2008

Really bad service, lost reservations...

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We booked a one-night reservation for Hotel Barcelo online, a few weeks in advance. We called the hotel directly about a week before our stay, spoke with the reservations person, and confirmed our reservation.

Then we got there as scheduled, and lo and behold, they couldn't find our reservation. What's worse, the proceeded to blame us for booking online and not confirming, as if booking online as bad. And we DID confirm ;)

The front desk staff, including the manager, were rude and unprofessional. Besides "not finding" our reservation and blaming us for it, they didn't offer to help us find another room or another hotel. They didn't offer us to hang out while they investigated the issue.

They didn't even have the concierge, who was standing right there with no work (probably because they had no other guests at all), to help carry our bags back to our car.

In short, a horrible place. I wouldn't stay here if they paid me."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

Reservation Not Honored

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We had a terrible experience at Barcelo Casablanca. I had reserved a room one month in advance through Priceline.com. I called the hotel directly one week before to confirm my reservation (which was confirmed by the clerk), and then arrived at the hotel with reservation in hand. Upon check-in, I was told that there was no record of my reservation and that all rooms were full. The manager and clerk made no efforts to help me find alternate accommodation in Casablanca and implied that it was my fault for not confirming my reservation (which in fact I had done). They simply failed to help. It wasn't until I tried the Hyatt Casablanca (which was full) that a sympathetic manager called other hotels in the area, and eventually his friend at the Sheraton provided us with a club level room at a standard price.

I found that Barcelo Casablanca lacked true Moroccan hospitality, and I recommend that others stay elsewhere. Both the Hyatt and the Sheraton helped us out when we needed it most."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of July 2007

Good location, good service, clean room

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I'm staying in this hotel every week. Rooms are clean and toilet with lots of amenities.
Staff very polite, breakfast standard.
A very good option if you're staying for business in Casa.
Maybe the bad thing is that there isn't a sport room"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

Nice business style hotel

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"This is a nice business style hotel. Its not big on entertainments in the hotel but the rooms are nicely done out in a vey simple style - neutral colours but the addition of a bit of a moroccan touch with a berber style rug.
Bathrooms nice and clean with the usual assortment of toiletries.
The staff were pleasant and helpful and the receptionist even noticed it was my birthday when I checked in and wished me a happy birthday - which was nice.
Breakfast is a pretty good european style breakfast buffet - I would reccomend it as a fill up for the day.
All in all I would reccommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice, clean and pleasant hotel - not particularly moroccan influenced but a very comfortable place to stay and it is in a good location for accessing things in Casa"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of February 2007

Good Deal for the Price

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"The new Barcelo Casablance opened in March 2006 and is a modern, minimalist tower hotel. The rooms, while small, are well-equipped and the windows are sound-proofed against street noise. Given the dearth of decent hotels in Casablanca, the Barcelo is an excellent addition. On the plus side are the reasonably priced parking garage, friendly staff and clean, new, modern rooms. On the minus side are the fact that the hotel is quite a distance from the sights of Casablanca (although there are some decent boutiques and restaurants in the area), breakfast is not included in the price of the room, and the bathroom tiles are already showing signs of mildew and age. The air conditioning in our room did not work and after the maintenance man tried to fix it and ended up blowing the fuses in the room, the hotel moved us to another room. Overall, the rooms are quite livable and the rates are very reasonable, so it is an option worth considering."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of November 2006