About Palais des Roses

• babysitting
  • tv channel one russia

Good value. Excellent service

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"We have just returned from 7 nights at Palais Des Roses (Jan 26 2007) Having read bad reviews before booking we were slightly concerned about the hotel, but decided to risk it as we had an extremely good value last minute deal.
What a pleasant surprise we had! The hotel was wonderful. The service was excellent and friendly at all times. The food was delicious and there was a huge choice. Everything was clean and well kempt.
If I wanted to be picky the things that were not up to 5* standard (if one was paying 5* prices, which we were not) were: Towels rather past their best. ( But clean every day)
Terracotta bathroom floor tiles had lost their glaze. Slight discolour on some tile grout. Shower leaked a bit on floor and bathroom had slight damp smell for first few days. There was an extra charge for the Spa (about £6.50 for one hour in lovely indoor pool.) Seperate payment each for gym, steamroom, pool. No hotel nightclubs as advertised (suited us!)
These minor shortcomings were far outweighed by all the other good things. The pool and gardens are beautiful. The reception and indoor lounges are stunning. Our room was lovely. Nothing looked run down in the least ( apart from towels etc)
Loads of staff, all very attentive.
I would certainly recommend this hotel if you get a good deal. If I had paid top prices I would have been disappointed by the niggles in bathroom. Bear in mind also we went at a quiet time and the hotel was probably only half full. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay"

• Travel date: Wed 31st of January 2007

Excellent Stay,very relaxing

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We are a couple in our mid twenties wanting to catch some winter sun. We found Palais Des Roses to be very relaxing and comfortable with excellent service. The star rating of the hotel was stated as 5 star but we believed the rating should have been a 4 star. Rooms were very nice except the bathroom was a little old and it didn't have tea and coffee facilities in the room - a little odd.The clientele seem to be mainly an older crowd (40+), definitely not a party resort.
The food was catered towards the German and French tastes but it all fresh and we thought very yummy. Recommend going out for lunch as the prices in Agadir town are very reasonable; fifteen minute walk into town or two pound taxi return.

Overall we had a great time and thought the resort was amazing, right on the beach and if your into surfing you're in luck."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of January 2007

Extremely Over Rated..

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"The building is definately amazing, the decor is great and the pool looks fantastic. However, thats as far as it goes. I have just been with my girlfriend and we are both in our mid twenties - a quick note, do not go to Agadir if you are expecting any kind of night life.

Also, i thought it was ridiculous that you had to pay (we made sure we didnt) to use the jacuzzi etc, as it states that this was meant to be included.

There was only one friendly waiter, all of the other receptionists are extremely rude. THE FOOD IS ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL, no way near a five star hotel. The hotel itself is very much secluded, you have to get a taxi wherever you go.

The worst thing was that even though the food was disgusting, we still left tips and at the end of our stay they said we owed them money, when we sure as hell didnt!! they are not at all customer orientated. PLEASE STEER CLEAR OF AGADIR, NO JOKE."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of December 2006

Terrible... avoid!!!

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"The service was poor, some waiters actually rude! The food/drinks overpriced and v poor quality. Pool was dirty - even found chicken bones in the bottom!!! It was a beautiful building and lovely pool but all in all a v disapointing stay. Also do not rate Agadir... rest of Morrocco is amazing."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of November 2006

Average rating

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"I was disappointed with the Palais Des Roses. I found that being English was a bit of a handicap as the staff only understood French and the breakfasts were geared for the french taste and not the English. I thought that the hotel could have passed for a good three star. Sleeping at night was a problem as all the rooms are based on an annexe and you can hear people coming and going, doors slamming and cleaners during the night. I had to put the air conditioning on every night to drown out all the activity during the night hours - we are not talking about evening here, we are talking about 1.00 - 6.00am.
I was amazed that I was asked to pay £12 to use the gym facility and another £12 to use the pool when the brochure stated that this was all included. Needless to say I didn't pay it.
The hotel facilities are lacking. There is no where to get a snack during the day and the drinking lounges lack atmosphere.
the hotel is a little bit out on a limb as well. It is located right at the end of a road next to a busy round-a-bout. You cannot walk anywhere - you have to get a taxi everywhere. This was also a bit disappointing.
Another thing that put me off hte hotel was that smoking was allowed during breakfast, which I found very unpleasant.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone that thinks they will be getting five star treatment - the hotel, in my opinion, comes no-where near a five star standard."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of November 2006

I needn't have worried

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"I was so worried about going to the Palais Des Roses after reading the bad reviews. We arrived Sept 2006, I had booked for friends and felt resposible. We were really thrilled with the hotel. Good size , clean rooms where the maids made an effort by decorating your bed with petals. The grounds were superb and beautifully manicured, Hence the name Palais des Roses!
The waiters were friendly. If I had to be picky the hotel is on the edge of town, but the taxis were cheap.
The breakfasts were very good but the evening meals were always luke warm.
We had a very good time and my friends were impressed with the hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of October 2006

Nice Hotel - Not a Five Star

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"I come to Agadir on business on a regular basis. I try to vary the hotels where I stay. I have stayed in this particular hotel several times. It's not a bad place, actually very nice as far as its location, access to the beach, and value for what you receive. It is also the only hotel in Agadir I am aware of that has wireless internet available in the reception area. I'm actually using it now to write this review. The hotel is clean, the rooms are serviced regularly, I found no mold or other problems that have been mentioned in previous reviews. Also, I think some people confuse the large pool area in the central courtyard with a swimming pool. The hotel has a beautiful indoor pool and access directly to the beach. I find the staff here to always be very friendly and kind. They respond to any reasonable request that I make. I have not been disappointed with the hotel. It is not my first choice in Agadir, I stay here when my first choice is booked complete like now; but it is my second choice for a reasonable place to stay. It was clearly a five star hotel at one time, but is probably more like a three star plus hotel now. For value received, it certainly beats the aweful European hotels I have stayed in Spain, France, and Italy. I am happy with the hotel and believe it to be a nice place to stay in Agadir. If you take it for what it is then you will not be disappointed."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of June 2006

Palais des Roses, feel missold as a 5 star hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"First visit to Morrocco, mixed feelings hence booking into what we were advised was an excellent hotel. Sold as 5 star would be lucky to rank a 3, Dirty pool area, unsupervised, Bathroom covered in mould, mini bar filthy inside reception staff very cold. Charging 5 star prices, no towels ever available at pool, woul not recommend this hotel at all, overpriced for below average hotel. Only good thing - the food! Have to say excellent food."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of May 2006

Avoid.. Avoid.... Avoid... Avoid

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We arrived expecting and having booked a 5* hotel, this hotel is 2 or 3* at best. The Meridian group pulled out of this hotel 4 months ago. The hotel from the outside looks amazing but once you go inside it is disapointment after disappointment. The reception area is cold, unwelcoming and dirty. We were given no orientation to the hotel, no information about breakfast where its served or what time etc. We were shown to our room by a bellboy with no english. we'd booked a double room and arrived to find twin beds, on phoning reception 40 minutes later same bellboy returned and pushed the 2 beds together and turned the single sheets sideways accross the bed and that was our double bed for the week long stay.Breakfast was unappealing, selection was poor, flies on fruit salad and saussages and rashers were horrible.
Overall the hotel was unmanitained and in need of an entire interior renovation.
Service especially poolside was diabolical. Ordering a drink was an ordeal. You had to anticipate when you would be thirsty cause by the time you caught the waiters attention, gave the order, got your drink and he returned with your change over an hour had passed.
Pool was infested with insects with caused seagulls to float on, feed of and bathe in the pool. Getting a sunbed, a matress for it and towels to lie on took and eternity so like most of the hotels other patrons we resigned ourselves to the fact that if you wanted to sunbathe you went to the tent and got the above items for yourself.
Our first day was rainy so we spent the day in the bar as nothing else to do. We tried to order a sandwich/snack and were told that they do not serve food in the main hotel lobby. This was 3pm in afternoon, we were told that if we wanted to eat we could go to our room and order from room service. Unbelieveable 5*???? Room service only operates from 11pm to 6am so this wasnt an option either.
The noise levels at night from staff and locals partying is horrendous. Tiled floors in corridors mean that late check-ins, are escorted and luggage is dragged through the halls at 3,4 & 5am waking other patrons in the process. Some days it was 4pm before our room was serviced other days it was serviced and we were left no clean towels, 4 calls to reception and house keeping got us clean towles 3 hours later!!
Overall experience of this hotel was a horrendous ordeal so I have written this so that outhers do not have to endure the same."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of May 2006

Relieved to be home!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"My husband and I stayed at this hotel from 20th to 28th April 2006. We arrived from Marrakech where we had stayed in a lovely, 36 room hotel in the Medina. What a difference! The welcome was non-existent from Reception, although the person who showed us to our room was warm and friendly. Our room had a nice outlook over the pool, but was a very long way from reception and the main hotel. It did not smell very nice when we got in to it, but my husband was not well and having had a 4 hour taxi ride from Marrakech all he wanted to do was lie down. I should have made more of a fuss next day, but I had already unpacked and couldn't face the hassle. The bathroom, although cleaned well each day, needed some attention as there was black mould around the bath and rust where the shower screen joined the wall. Also the floor tiles were unglazed which is not very hygienic in a bathroom. Fortunately we had been given towelling slippers in Marrakech which we had brought with us! The staff were all friendly (other than Reception) and the food OK, although very limited for a vegetarian. We ate in the town a few times which was good. I was ill for 3 days and we had to get the doctor, who came very quickly. Even so, the Reception staff were very unresponsive when we wanted to keep our room until we needed to leave for the airport as our flight was not until 22.00. The hotel was only about one-third full at most, but they made a big deal of it and eventually gave us a different room and charged us. We had a reasonable rest which is what we wanted, but I would not return to this hotel, or to Agadir for that matter."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of April 2006

Hotels near Palais des Roses

Palais des Roses is also called

• Helios Palais Des Roses Formerly Le Meridien Hotel