Friendly!

Reviewed Mon 11th of May 2009

"I went to this hotel in september with my boyfriend and his family, there were 8 of us altogether.
On arrival we went to our rooms and was a bit dissapointed that it was a back one with no view of the pool. never mind was very spacious and had side view of the sea.
The pool area was huge, the beach was lovely and felt very safe (had security guard!)
The food was different but what do you expect in another country! I have to say the breakfast didn't do much for me but the other meals were wonderful.
The only down side was the evening entertainment. Very boring! The staff did try their hardest though. Spent most evenings walking along the beach and taking advantage of the all inclusive option! Wonderful cocktails!
Not much around as in night life but was perfect for us as it was meant to be a relexing holiday. went on a day trip which was fantastic but scary on the cliff edges!
Overall wonderful staff they are unbelieveably friendly. A very relaxing holiday - perfect."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of May 2009

our honeymoon

Reviewed Wed 6th of May 2009

"we spent a week at the resort with our 4 year old son in march 2009.We were a bit sceptical when we first arrived as the drive from the airport takes your through some very poor districts.BUT once we arrived at the resort...WOW!! Very friendly and helpful staff who couldn't do enough for you,especially our little boy..Food was a bit unusual,but if you were willing to try something a bit different,you got quite a surprise..It was very similar all week,but if you wanted something a bit simpler.the stone baked pizzas were freshly made to order,and there was always a pasta dish of some sort.Breakfast was sometimes a snotty fried egg,but the omelettes were superb!! The only slight down side was the kids club..not much interest and a bit basic.Fortunately little 'un was happy to spend all day in the pool,or on the beach,playing on the immaculately clean sand or the crystal clear,warm sea.Would go back again tomorrow..Plenty of day-trips going on.The local 'souks' or markets are an experience,but a trip to marrakesh is an overnight stay.Didn't got but was told there is a 'small marrakesh' nearby which is a lot nicer and cleaner.if all else fails..mcdonalds is a 20 minute walk along the beach..."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of May 2009

Founty Beach

Reviewed Mon 3rd of November 2008

"We returned on the 29th October, fantastic holiday! Great hotel absolutely spotless. Happy children equal relaxed and happy parents and the mini club and junior clubs kept our 2 kids very active and entertained. Food excellent with lots of variety. Bit chilly in the evening but great weather during the day. Will definately be returning."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of November 2008

we spent a week all in in sept 07 was v...

Reviewed Mon 12th of May 2008

"we spent a week all in in sept 07 was very clear pool was out of this world beach is beautiful stuff were ok a guess lovely hotel if u was going self catering the food is ranced iv never seen any thing like it and the smell the fruit was rotten the only food that was half way ok was from the beach bar so be perpered 2 eat out in my opinion morrocco is a dirty rotten county my worst hols ever "

• Travel date: Mon 12th of May 2008

What a fantastic place to stay! We were...

Reviewed Sun 10th of February 2008

"What a fantastic place to stay! We were immediately taken by the welcoming staff, the cleanliness and the chilled-out atmosphere. We checked in late, plumped our bags down, and tottered off to the restaurant, thinking that they'd be closed. We were wrong! Welcomed in, shown to a seat and then nosh ahoy! Brilliant.

I've read comments elsewhere on the web about the food, and I'm ashamed that fellow Brits are so uptight in their openness to experiencing meals which consist other than pizza, chips and pasta - surely, you eat more varied meals at home? (Although, Founty Beach does cater for these limited pallates, too). From a non-limited pallate, I am happy to say that I found the food to be wonderful - always hot, plenty of choice and as hearty or as light as you wished. The restaurant staff were always welcoming and accommodating - tip them well, and you'll catch on to being looked after super well!

The bar staff rocked - we could always rely on them to keep our glasses topped up or refuelled. They never failed to make us feel welcome and had a great sense of humour. And their English was fantastic when our French and Arabic was limited. Such a chilled atmosphere in the bar - a quiet respite from the haggling and bantering streets - although even this was fun.... we didn't encounter one local who was a problem; they were all really friendly, even when you politely turned down their offer of a bargain...

Oh, by the way, tip the bar staff well - you might just get extras - nibbles, flowers and surprise drinks!

Hotel room - always super clean and the chambermaids always did a cute trick with quilt covers and towels when we weren't looking!

Ents team - we didn't really catch up with alot of the entertainment events - some nights we dined out (of choice, not preference) and we had no kids in tow - although all the kids we saw interacting with the team by the pool seemed to absolutely love them!

All in all, we had a really super week in Morocco - and a good chunk of that is most certainly credited to the staff at Founty Beach. They worked so hard - for so many hours, and I never saw a frown or a frayed temper. They were adorable - they made us feel right at home and we'd have packed them into our suitcase if we could have, so they could come and party with us in the UK."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of February 2008

I was very dubious after reading reviews...

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2007

"I was very dubious after reading reviews but what a great holiday! Hotel clean, friendly, good selection of food from shark to pizzas - so much choice. Staff were so friendly and helpful, animation team very talented - they work from 9am till 11.30 pm and they go beyond the call of duty to make your holiday special. We went through Ramadan and they would get so hungry yet were so devoted to their jobs. The evening shows were really good especially with the time they had to rehearse (wonderful dancers). I think they need a talent spotter to see them.

I’ve stayed at a lot of hotels, some grander, yet it’s still very smart and one of the best looking in Agadir. We went on trips and other people admired the hotels especially Founty Beach when we were dropped off and I was glad we stayed there and not some of the others. We had a taxi driver 1126 Ali who was lovely and didn’t take us to his friends shop like some of the others or take advantage at all. He parked down the road 5 mins walk from hotel. The noddy train comes every 45 minutes and costs 18 dh (about a pound). Loved 2 day trip to Marrakech but was I’ll on fishing trip as others were, never got sea sickness before!

When we went to Marrakech, we went to Essoauria where I bought more in 2 hrs than in two weeks in Agadir. They let you go in the shop and look without hassle. I wish the market /shop people in Agadir would learn that that was the one thing that drove me nuts as soon as you looked at something so I just walked away. Other than that they are lovely people and lovely beach.

• Travel date: Fri 12th of October 2007

We stayed in The Founty Beach at Easter...

Reviewed Tue 25th of September 2007

"We stayed in The Founty Beach at Easter this year, what a pleasant surprise Morocco was. For a 4star Moroccan hotel it was excellent, I don't know what people want, you cannot compare star ratings with other countries star ratings.

There was so much choice of food for everyone's needs. The entertainment team worked very hard and there was something for every age group if you didn't want to join in then that was fine. My daughter loved the pools and the hotel was just lovely, very clean and the staff most helpful.

The beach was very clean but of course being on the Atlantic it was windy which was just perfect for cooling down and ideal weather for a little sight seeing.

Being a travel agent people always whinge about getting hassle in some countries, having travelled far and wide I have also witnessed this, usually if you politely say no thank you then you will get left alone, why be rude....? They are just trying to make a living and if you are rude obviously people will be rude back.

I would return again to Morocco and to the Founty beach, open your eyes to different cultures, be open minded and you will see just how fantastic these other counties are.

ps In reception pre dinner there is a gentleman making traditional mint tea....its a must!"

• Travel date: Tue 25th of September 2007

We were so happy when we arrived at the...

Reviewed Wed 4th of July 2007

"We were so happy when we arrived at the hotel - it was about 10pm at night but everything looked beautiful! The reception area is lovely and everything is there!

The staff are lovely and couldn't be more helpful, the entertainment staff are a little in your face but they mean well.

We had a lovely week sitting around the pool and laughing at the Germans - lots of Germans and French but it was a great game guessing someone’s nationality!!

The food is great - especially the Pizza - I couldn't think of anything more they could of had in the way of choice, no bake beans but I survived!

The one bad thing about the whole holiday was the Berber night - hygiene was not top of the list there so didn't really eat a lot but the wine was drinkable, and we all just laughed about it in the end! Eat before you go though!

All in all a very good relaxing holiday - oh the beach is to die for - my boyfriend proposed to me on the last day on the beach so it definitely has something special about it.

Go - eat - drink - and be very merry!"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of July 2007

Had a fantastic time at this hotel. The...

Reviewed Wed 30th of May 2007

"Had a fantastic time at this hotel. The hotel was clean and the atmosphere was friendly.

Daytime:
In the day you can do as much or as little as you want to. You can either relax around the pool or on the beach, or join in the many activities ranging from water polo to dance lessons. All of the animation team are pleasant and funny, and try to make your holiday the most enjoyable it can be.

Evening:
The entertainment is good, and if you’re like me and been on lots of holidays, you know not to expect much. The same animation team put on a show at 9.30, with a mini disco for children at 8.30. The child’s animator has to be the best animator I have ever seen. He's called Momo, and gets all the kids involved to the point where they're absolutely loving it. After the main show, there is a disco which goes on till about midnight.

Also, within some of the shows (child and main), there are different times where you have to cheer for a winner. This ends up being a bit like the Eurovision song contest where everyone votes for their own country, or any country against England. So make sure you cheer loudly and for a long period of time for and English person - even if they were totally rubbish!!

Staff:
As I said all the animation team are nice and friendly. They speak all languages and make sure your all having a good time. The waiters are friendly as well and also have a laugh with you. The pool guys are also nice and get you everything you need.

Obviously, like any other holiday, people (mostly Germans) get up at the crack of dawn to get a sunbed, but there is no need to do this, as there are plenty of sunbeds stacked in an alley. If you ask the guys to get you some they will, meaning you get more sleep!

Food:
The food was lovely with a wide variety of dishes. However, the food does get a bit repetitive as it is similar every day, but you usually find something to eat. There is fresh pasta and pizza cooked everyday in front of you which is tasty. Also a little piece of advice... eat the rice as it prevents you from getting the runs!

Country:
Overall the country is nice. If like me, you have been to countries like Tunisia, Egypt and turkey, you will find that morocco is a better place to go on holiday. Expect some hassle from shop keepers and people on the beach, but unlike the other countries they do actually take NO as an answer.

Do be aware though, this country is very poor, so please respect that and it is in their culture to give tips for little jobs. They are grateful for tips that are little as 10p, so there isn't really any harm done.

Weather:
Weather was lovely and hot, with a nice breeze. Due to the time of year, it was quite cold in the evenings, so am not sure if this is the case more in summer.

Men:
People may be aware that these types of men can be a little pervy, but they are better here than the other countries. This is mainly due to the fact that there are not many practicing Muslims out here. This means they can wear what they like (women included), and tend to drink alcohol. However, like most men, they do like to give women a lot of attention!!

Overall:
This hotel has to be one of the best I have been to. Before I went I was a bit nervous about choosing morocco as a destination but now I want to go back!! It is good for couples as well as families as there is all sorts going on.

The hotel is situated on the beach, which makes a lovely walk to the corniche (promenade). On the corniche you will find the very sophisticated restaurants named McDonalds and Pizza Hut!

There are some small shops around here where souvenirs can be bought. If you get tired and feel that you don’t want to walk all the way back, you can catch the little white noddy train which will take you back to the front of the hotel. This costs about a fiver, but is an enjoyable experience.

There are some small shops up the road from the hotel where you can buy all sorts of things. Before you buy anything from these shops check the prices in the ones next door as they do seem to differ - as I found out. Lol.

Yea so anyway... I give this hotel a 10, as it is a brilliant holiday which you will never forget and will always want to go back to."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of May 2007

Whilst the Founty Beach is a very nice h...

Reviewed Mon 26th of February 2007

"Whilst the Founty Beach is a very nice hotel, the rooms are very basic for a four star plus.

We went all inclusive but we ate out after the second night because although the hotel is Iberostar and advertises that it is international cuisine, the food was terrible.

One morning they dished up cauliflower for breakfast and one tea time they dished up pigs private parts. The food is only luke warm.

At breakfast they are serving fried eggs that are not even cooked.

All in all it is the worst food I have ever had on holiday. I would not recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of February 2007

I was slightly nervous about visiting th...

Reviewed Thu 5th of October 2006

"I was slightly nervous about visiting this country as I had heard some bad reports. We found Agadir and the hotel very welcoming. I cannot say enough about the location of the hotel. It is set at the more quiet end of Agadir, directly on the beach front. The hotel was very well presented and very clean and tidy. The company employed a lot of staff to care for the hotel including gardeners, decorators (didn’t really need repainting, but they were, and it didn’t get in the way of your holiday).All staff were friendly and polite.

Our room was large with a good seating area and an additional bed/settee. The bathroom was clean and bright. Linen and towels were changed every other day and the room was cleaned daily. The food was plentiful and catered for all kinds of nationalities and tastes, including daily portions of chips for the people who refuse to eat anything other than British food. We found the Moroccan food nice although most dishes tasted the same after a while. You can basically eat from about 7.00am through until 22.00pm at either the main restaurant or the pool bar. The pool bar was again very clean and tidy.

The beer was a local beer, and at first didn’t taste very good, but once you had drunk a couple, it was very pleasant. I would deter anyone from drinking the white wine as it tasted like vinegar, but the red and rose wine were better. All of the staff were polite and you could get some banter going with them. The private beach (next to the main beach), was well kept, and a security guard was present all times of the day and night. This is to stop the hawkers bothering the holiday makers.

The main beach is large (about 10k long), waves were suitable for surfers, but the current could be dangerous, so we didn’t venture out too far. he hotel is situated about 3km from the centre of Agadir, which can be accessed via the main road or down the beach (nice walk in the late afternoon, people came to the beach to watch the sunsets). If you stand outside the hotel, every 30-35 mins a little white train arrives to take people into the centre. This was great fun and all of the Children loved it. It costs about 30 Dirhams (£2.00) and if you hold onto you ticket you can also use it for the return journey.

The bad points - There are always some! These are not necessarily bad points, just things that could be improved upon. The music around the pool area was far too loud, especially if you are trying to read a book. We found it better on the private beach as this was more relaxing. At the start of the songs they did tend to turn the music up and then slowly lower it, but it was still too loud. Most of the pool staff were young men, so I guess they were just trying to have some fun. Each of the pool staff could be a bit over-friendly. They would come and talk to you all of the time, sometimes for 20-30mins at a time.

You could watch them doing the rounds of the sunbathers. Again, this wasn’t too much of a problem but if you are just trying to relax and have some family time (like I was with my husband), it could be a bit over-bearing. The only other criticism was the evening entertainment. This was, in our opinion, dreadful. On the balcony in the evening the entertainment staff would come out and shout that the show was about the start and expected everyone to jump up and attend. We did on our first night, stick our heads in for a few minutes, but to be honest.

I would have been more entertained at a children’s nativity play. It was the usual show that you would find in a holiday resort - dancing, talent contest, jokes etc, all performed by the pool staff and performed badly. Again not a major problem if, like us, you wouldn’t normally go to those sort of things anyway. They would have been better off employing a good singer. We did do the day trip to Marrakesh. Beware, if you go on this. Morocco is a very poor country and it shows. Marrakesh was dirty, smelly and full of beggars.

I'm glad we went for the day as we felt this was the 'real' Morocco, but I'm glad we stayed in Agadir. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Agadir, and we will definitely consider using the Iberostar chain of hotels on our next holiday. So its thumbs up for this hotel, we had a great time."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of October 2006

I went here on my honeymoon in Apri of t...

Reviewed Wed 26th of July 2006

"I went here on my honeymoon in Apri of this year and it was fantastic, the hotel itself was immaculate, the food was delicious, the service was faultless.

I cannot praise this hotel enough. If you wanted something to do there was activities throughout the day and night, but if you just wanted to sit and chill that was possible too.

There were many excursions that you could take and the staff were all very helpful informing you of things they think you might like to do.

All in all this was one of the best holiday I have ever had and would definitely come back. Since being home we have recommended another couple to go and they though exactly the same.

I loved the Founty Beach."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of July 2006

Hotels near Iberostar Founty Beach

Top traveller tips for Iberostar Founty Beach

• "the local markets and "

• becky19 by becky19

"not much night life, perfect for cheap shopping - haggle as much as you can! "

• becky19 by becky19

"Definately go on the trips available, well worth it! "

Iberostar Founty Beach is also called