About Hotel Sud Bahia

• arabic amenities
  • baggage storage
  • car hire
  • express check in check out
  • currency exchange
  • billiards
  • private beach
  • evening entertainment
  • entertainment staff
  • paid private parking nearby
  • valet parking amenities

Awful and filthy

Reviewed Mon 25th of August 2014

"This hotel is a hotel from hell. I do not advice no one to book it. It is filthy, noisy, unfriendly staff and awful atmosphere. I & my family had a holiday from hell. "

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of August 2014

hotel spoilt our holiday

Reviewed Tue 5th of March 2013

"we know that the holiday was not expensive, but even so we found it it to be awfull. on arrival we had no lights in our room, after 25 mins they changed the bulbs,no plug in the wash basin, and for the whole of the 2 weeks we did not have hot water, it was a waste of time complaining, ur room was dirty,and the glass shelf in the bathroom was not cleaned once during our stay, altogether we had to ask for towels on 6 different occassions,we went to a local shop and bought cleaning material so we cud clean the bath ourselves. never again"

• Travel date: Mon 4th of March 2013

cheap cheap cheap you get what you pay for

Reviewed Tue 23rd of November 2010

"this hotel did not have any fans let alone air conditioning, the dining area was very hot no ventilation, fans or ac.
so you had to boil in the summer, staff were not polite, food was very basic not that good at all.
breakfast was lame.
reception lounge was good.
we were expected to sleep on a room that was on a main road with fumes coming into our room with a baby!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of November 2010

Not a Bad Hotel

Reviewed Wed 8th of September 2010

"i dont know what people expect from this hotel - i stayed ther for seven nights - its pretty basic i.e no fridge, kettle or A/C - but clean , friendly and helpful staff
not english breakfast but acceptable - food just good too.i will choose this hotel again.
and if you intend to go to morocco please take cash with you as traveller cheques are a problem to cash."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of September 2010

very bad hotel

Reviewed Wed 18th of August 2010

"this is not a 3 star hotel. very dirty, bad service, unkind waiters. I've stayed there August 2010. it were the worst holiday hotel i met... don't try to save your money booking here, the cheap stays very expensive..."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of August 2010

stay clear

Reviewed Fri 17th of July 2009

"this hotel is a shambles booked a pool view got put over the entrance opposite some local carpark, very 1960's carpet had not been cleaned since hotel was built shower did not work properly staff were very abrupt and rude food disgusting, never again would we go there have to put your hand up for tea and coffe like in a school canteen, litrally beg for a 20 year old mattress for your sunbed"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of July 2009

Basic but solid

Reviewed Mon 16th of March 2009

"Sud Bhia hotel was built in the 1960s after the earthquake that devastated Agadir; as such it does look very 1960s package orientated, and is a little in the Euro 60s brutalist syle.

While it might not be the prettiest hotel on offer, it was well run, the staff are on the whole freindly and helpful, and it was clean.

The decor and rooms are basic and do not offer much more than the averga eorom, but they are well kept and comfortable.

The pool is a good size and very refreshing, cleaned every day and the water is very clear. Plus, the bar is cheap and the food is perfectly acceptable, if not brilliant.

Perfect for travellers on a budget, but perhaps if a had a little more money would go for something with a little more style and more facilities."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of March 2009

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel f...

Reviewed Tue 19th of August 2008

"Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for a week in June.
Our room was spotless and cleaned everyday. We had fresh towels everyday and they were white not grey. I did not see any bugs in or around the hotel.
The pool area was lovely and cleaned everyday. There were plenty of sun loungers and cushions to go around.
Breakfast was basic the usual breads, croissants, meats, tomatos and olives. There was plenty of tea and coffee. We didn't eat any evening meals in the hotel but we did eat from the snack menu. The meals were fresh and very reasonably priced around £2 for burger and chips.
The staff were very helful and pleasant at all times. The reception staff were very friendly and helped us to book taxis and excusrsions and managed to get them much cheaper than the companies in the town or on the beach.
The hotel was constantly being cleaned and there was also painting work going on in the communal area.
As for the disabled facilities durng our stay there was a wheelchair basketball tournament and there were several of the teams staying at the hotel. There a ramps in the restaurant and outside the hotel also lifts and on speaking to other guests they said they had enjoyed their stay and had no encountered any problems. Beware around Agadir if you have walking diffculties though as the pavements can be quite steep and the easiest way to get to the beach is down about 30 steps.
The hotel is in a great location 10 minutes walk from the beach and centre of the town.
I felt very safe I did not see any prostitution or crime and there were police directing traffic on most roads who were very nice stopping the traffic to let us cross the road.
We paid £50 each for 7 days bed and breakfast and I think it was excellent value for money. If you stay at this hotel don't expect 5* facilities but if you want a basic hotel with great service in a great location then I recommend the Sud Bahia."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of August 2008

Hi, I never write reviews, but I had su...

Reviewed Sun 10th of February 2008

"Hi, I never write reviews, but I had such a great experience with this hotel I felt I should share it. Myself and my friend ( both females) stayed at this hotel for a week.
The staff are so friendly and helpful and you can have a great laugh with them.
The hotel is spotless. The cleaning staff are always washing windows, and floors.
Wasn't too fussy on the food however its so close to everything we ate out most nights.
the night disco is a brilliant laugh, it went on till 430am. It was mostly full of locals but they were more than friendly and we danced the night away to the moroccan music.
on my next visit I will be staying the this hotel. You can't go wrong with the price and all staff are so nice. "

• Travel date: Sun 10th of February 2008

We was a party of 10 and stayed for 5 ni...

Reviewed Mon 6th of August 2007

"We was a party of 10 and stayed for 5 nights in May 07 and must admit was pleasantly surprised.

Basically for what we paid it was excellent value and location was great - 5 minutes from beach!

But would not recommend breakfast, tried it once and since had no plan to go back for brekky!

Rooms are a decent size and pool is pretty large too, quite basic though!

All in all if you looking to travel on a budget then this hotel is ideal.

• Travel date: Mon 6th of August 2007

Well we got to Morocco just after the Ea...

Reviewed Tue 29th of May 2007

"Well we got to Morocco just after the Easter holiday season.

Got there early in the morning, first impression well its 3 star hotel, so did not expect too much, the lobby was nice plenty of big comfy sofas, pool table, and 2 large TV’s in both corners of the room.

Went to room it was tiny, had two small beds we had a swimming pool balcony view, the bathroom was basic had a few cracked floor tiles.

The room had no a/c, I thought oh no, it’s going to be so hot at night, in Africa with no a/c. How am I going to get to sleep at night? But as I found out as the week went it was damn cold at night, so luckily no need for a/c.

We had half board, but the breakfast was very poor coffee, break, and jam with scrambled egg.

The main meal at night was like a choice of 2 set menu's all in French, so had to ask the waiters for translation (not like a buffet style am used to in hotels) starter, main meal and desert.

Drinks/water were all extra (there should have been like local soft drinks free) and the food was not very nice at all, my friend after the second day did not even bother going there for dinner.

The food in Morocco was very cheap so eating out as we did most of the time was fine.

We did not go into the hotel pool as it was so cold, most we did was sit on the edge of it and dip our feet in it.

The hotel had a late night club at the back of it, we found out on the last day that was okish, full of locals but was open till about 4am."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

not the best, but definetely not the worst

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Discount travellers of all countries unite! We've seen people from almost all countries in Europe and some Moroccan tourists as well. Most of them a bit horrified when seeing the breakfast buffet (a bit trashy).
But with a real good price we still see it as a good choice.
We booked it for two weeks, staying three das at the beginning and at the end and travelling one week to marrakech an safi and essaouira. It was cheaper tha the flight alone and it was fairly well. After changing the room from the first to the fourth floor we had a clean, spacious and quiet room with sea view. not bad at all paying € 800 for a family of two adults and two babies.
it might not be a European 3* hotel, but Morocco is not a European country.
So - WE would come back!"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of March 2007

Hotels near Hotel Sud Bahia

Top traveller tips for Hotel Sud Bahia

• mcnonk by mcnonk

"Quite westernised; not a taste of hostorical Morocco "

• pedrod by pedrod

"the worst holiday experience in my life "

• amnalondon by amnalondon

"cheap dunno about chearful "

Hotel Sud Bahia is also called