Good

We have just come back from a wonderful...

Reviewed Tue 19th of August 2008

"We have just come back from a wonderful two weeks stay in the Hotel Kamal with our two teenage sons. We arrived on the day of the Moroccan Independence Day and also the start of their summer break too so the whole town buzzing with lots of people and music.
The staff were all friendly and helpful and nothing was too much for them. The hotel was spotless and they cleaned all day, everyday.
The pool and pool area was spotless too and the pool man worked really hard keeping the area clean the whole time and also ensuring that all the children were safe by making sure they did not go into the deep end and gave them arm bands to borrow if they were not confident swimmers.
We ate in the hotel restaurant a couple of times you could get three courses for £5.00 each and then an a la carte menu. The chocolate cake and profiteroles were to die for.
We booked with First Choice and our hotel rep. Paul King was excellent, he told us exactly what we needed to know about our stay in Morocco and that if we wanted the experience of the Moroccan people,culture and food that we had picked the right hotel.
We are definetly considering going back next year and staying at the Kamal again, what a great hotel and experience and we have recommended the hotel lots of our family and friends too."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of August 2008

Second time at the Hotel Kamal, lovely p...

Reviewed Mon 4th of February 2008

"Second time at the Hotel Kamal, lovely people,nice and relaxing.Cannot wait to go again. Not much else to add, its just a great place.
The location is ideal you can walk down to the tourist part of Agadir or walk up to the old part of town for traditional Morocon meals, or try the great little place next door "The Scampi" great food and great staff.There is a local suk (Market) that is well worth jumping in a taxi to visit, the taxi ride alone should not be missed.
There are some great trips out Marakkech is all its made out to be!!! but be on your gaurd if you go

• Travel date: Mon 4th of February 2008

We have visited this hotel twice, 2003 &...

Reviewed Tue 14th of August 2007

"We have visited this hotel twice, 2003 & 2005 and have booked to go back again 2007. It is a wonderful hotel which is very clean and well maintained. The staff are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast is continental and is just what you need in a hot country, extras are available at a small charge. The pool area and bar are well looked after and maintained to a high standard. In our opinion this hotel is well worth its rating and if its a relaxing holiday you are after we would recommend Hotel Kamal every time. "

• Travel date: Tue 14th of August 2007

I have to give them 10 as the hotel was...

Reviewed Mon 6th of August 2007

"I have to give them 10 as the hotel was not posh but perfectly clean, the rooms were cleaned every day and the staff were amazingly friendly. The breakfast was nice and you could order extra if you wanted to and it wasn't expensive. We haven't tried the pool but it looked nice and it was only 5 minutes walking to the nearest beach. The staff at the reception were very helpful and so was the rep. I would definitely recommend the trip to Marekesh, its a little bit pricey but worth seeing.

We stayed in Agadir for a week with my friend and we fell in love with Morocco and definitely want to come back."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of August 2007

Hotel overall good. Was very clean and...

Reviewed Thu 31st of May 2007

"Hotel overall good.

Was very clean and the staff were nice however the breakfast became a little sickly and very repetitive by the end.

All they gave you were some choc croissants, few rolls and jam - the bread wasn’t particularly fresh and as your eating that for 14 days you do feel like a change. I know it’s only a 3* but still, they could change the breakfast abit.

Pool was freezing and the beach was about 20 minute walk.

The pool bar restaurant was excellent. Wouldn’t be jumping to go back there but I would recommend it."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of May 2007

The hotel was great! I had read the rev...

Reviewed Thu 1st of March 2007

"The hotel was great! I had read the reviews on here before choosing Kamal and was pleased with my choice. I would be hard pressed though to call it a 3*, more like a high 2. The reasons for the downgrade would be two things.

1. Only a handheld shower. 3* says something about the comfort level and having to hold the water above my head does not say comfort. At all.

2. Dry croissants and coffee (juice extra!) is not breakfast. We went on the first day and didn't bother after that.

I must say though the staff were incredible. Very friendly and the woman who cleaned our rooms didn't miss an inch - literally (the beds were moved and she cleaned behind/under them at least once during our visit - it's the type of thing you hope usually gets done in a hotel but likely doesn't, except at the Kamal!)

We didn't eat at the Kamal because to be honest it was a bit expensive compared to the other options that were so close by.

Fresh OJ can be had at most places nearby for about 8dh and a 'large' one at Kamal was 25dh!

Just thought that was a bit odd for a place that obviously caters to more of a budget conscious clientele.

I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Try and get a room on the 3rd floor - there is a private sundeck there with a few sun beds."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of March 2007

I went with my mum and dad and it was re...

Reviewed Fri 5th of January 2007

"I went with my mum and dad and it was really good, actually better than I expected.

The breakfast is some rolls and croissants, which they could vary a bit because after eating the same thing for 2 weeks, it does get a bit boring - even though they sold extra things for an extra cost, like omelette's etc.

Its near lots of restaurants and the beach is just down the road.

Food by the pool bar is fresh and tastes good, but so are the local restaurants around the resort.

We stayed there December-January 06-07. The sea wasn't warm nor was the pool, only the 5* hotels had heated pools. The staff were really friendly and the hotel is very clean.

We were sad to leave and most definitely come back to Agadir and Hotel Kamal."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of January 2007

I couldn’t fault a single thing about...

Reviewed Thu 26th of October 2006

"I couldn’t fault a single thing about my stay at the hotel Kamal. For a 3 star hotel I would highly recommend it and will be returning there again.

All the staff are extremely welcoming and helpful. The maids do a fantastic job keeping the place spotless. The hotel is situated in a fantastic location in the heart of the town with beach only a 5 min walk away.

There is also a great selection of restaurants located close to the hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

Well... what a holiday. Great people. Lo...

Reviewed Tue 18th of April 2006

"Well... what a holiday. Great people. Lovely weather, and most of all a great hotel to accommodate your every need!

We had previously visited there last October so knew what to expect and they treat every guest like royalty.

If you want a good hols with great atmosphere and friendly staff. This is the place to go

This hotel does not offer entertainment, but with the friendly smile and warm welcomes of both day and evening staff what else do you need to ensure that your holiday will allow you to get a great tan and have a good holiday!!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of April 2006

Pleasently surprised.

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Just got back from a week in Agadir, staying at the Hotel Kamal. Like most travellers I wasn't expecting too much from a three star hotel, but I told myself it was cheap. However I was extremely surprised when I got there. This is THE cleanest hotel I have stayed in and it put many 'up market' ones to shame. Like other reviewers I have to agree that the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. As we were on the third floor we kept the balcony door open at night which kept the temperature down a bit, and there was a welcome lack of mozzies (or any other unwelcome creatures for that matter). Breakfast did the job, and staff will happily replenish your coffee cup and coissant plate. Bar snacks again were good value and quality. Didn't try the resturant as the sea front is only a five minute walk and there are pleanty of resturants to choose from. We found the service and food at Camels particularly good, my wife thought the rose she was given after the meal was a nice touch.

Some of the locals can seem pushy but they understand no means no (eventually), although there are one of two dodgy people who claim to be hotel workers who have a week off and will show you the sights, just stand firm and they'll soon go away. However if you go with the flow a little you will meet some of the most friendly people around, just don't be in a hurry 'cos before you know it you'll be drinking tea a swapping family stories!!

If you're thinking of going to Agadir then go, and try the Hotel Kamal...if you can squeeze a day or two in Marracesh then so much the better. I'll certainly be going again."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of August 2005

Hotel Kamal is a very clean and well run...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"Hotel Kamal is a very clean and well run establishment. The staff are particularly friendly and ready to help. Rooms are basic but everything’s there and again they’re very clean.

The breakfast is also basic (extras can be bought but I don’t think it's necessary), the poolside bar serves the usual snacks (burgers, toasted sandwiches etc) that are very well priced and of good quality. There are also some very good restaurants on the sea front, which again offer excellent value for money and good service. All in all Hotel Kamel makes a very good base for a week or two & I’ll certainly be staying there again.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

Excellent Basic Clean Hotel -Recommended

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Stayed 7 nights at Hotel Kamal. Chose hotel from TripAdvisor comments. We were not disappointed. Great Location in the heart of the 'Culture' area. We had a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the town square. Having visited the 'tourist' area during the week, we were so pleased we had chosen the Kamal at least we felt we were in Morocco. The tourist area had no character at all, in fact you could have been anywhere - Spain, Canaries etc. it was just hotel after hotel!
Amazing staff at Hotel Kamal, from the second day the reception staff knew our room number. Hotel very clean and extremely friendly. Basic but what more do you need on holiday for a week. Towels changed daily and sheets changed during the week. No air conditionng or fan, but due to the location of the room and the curtains being drawn, this was not a problem - the room never got too uncomfortable. The room was a good size. Loads of hangers and storage space.
Only one negative comment - the bathroom ( all bathrooms seemed to be the same on speaking to other guests) The bathroom has a bath with a hand held shower attachment so you can bend over the bath to wash your hair, but not stand up to shower. Also there was no shower curtain. (now I know why the bottom of the bathroom door was rotten!) During the week we got the knack of holding the attachment with one hand whilst washing with the other, when standing in the bath, without a shower curtain the water obviously washed the floor at the same time. The only improvement required to make to this hotel to make it a perfect stay, would be to install a clip on the wall for the shower hose and to install a shower curtain.

We ate in the restaurant on two evenings. The food was extremely good as was the service. As good as any restaurant outside, unfortunately just lacking in customers and atmosphere. A shame they do not promote the restaurant more to its guests.
I would definately recommend this hotel. Great location and staff and of course cleanliness. Neither of us got any tummy bugs and we even ate lunch in small restaurants where only the locals frequented!
We Pre-booked a hotel in Marrakech on the internet before we left the UK and when we got to Agadir we went and booked at ticket on the bus to Marrakech with Supra- tours one of the local bus companies. The hotel we pre-booked a 4 * cost £38 for a double room and the bus cost us £10 each return - so far cheaper than an organised trip with the tour company and much more freedom. My only regret was that we should have booked 2 nights in Marrakech.
Overall what a great holiday and really nice hotel - Recommended."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of July 2005