Good

My third time at this hotel, had to go b...

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2007

"My third time at this hotel, had to go back as it is where the kids wanted to go - the only time they have asked to return to a hotel. There are some bad reviews of the hotel on this site and I cannot understand why. When you stay at this hotel the one thing you notice is how many people have stayed there before, I have stayed at many hotels and this definitely has the highest percentage of return guests.

The hotel is clean, the staff are great and the entertainment is first class. A good hotel for couples but its the kids that love it the most - there is always something going on for them. Would go back again and would recommend it to others."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of December 2007

What a wonderful place to holiday. Weath...

Reviewed Sat 2nd of June 2007

"What a wonderful place to holiday. Weather fab. Entertainment top class couldn’t be better.

Did have a few probs with tummy upsets but nothing major. Children loved it. Plenty of choice in restaurant staff couldn’t do enough for you especially the 2 Mohammed’s.

Mimo the entertainer was funny. Rooms are basic but all you do is shower and sleep in them.

There was always plenty of sunbeds at 9am so no probs. Will return again in the near future."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of June 2007

I returned on the 26/7/06 this is a copy...

Reviewed Sun 3rd of September 2006

"I returned on the 26/7/06 this is a copy of a letter that I have sent First Choice regarding the Occidental Caribbean Village Agadir.

I have just returned from Occidental Caribbean Village Agador in Morocco after looking forward to our all-inclusive holiday how very disappointed we are.

THE ROOM
We stayed in room G42 at the Tamlelt part of the complex the room was very basic but for 3* this was expected, but even at 3* you expect a certain standard the hand basin was cracked the tape leaked leaving a puddle of water over the worktop this was reported to the reception on several occasions but never repaired.

The bath tape was also broken and would not turn of properly this was also reported and was repaired. The T.V in the room was propped on top of the wardrobe so if you did watch it you needed a neck massage after 10 minutes of viewing. The room did have daily maid service and although the room looked clean on closer inspection this was not so with the louver door to the bathroom being filthy and covered in a sticky substance. The balcony was as big as a postage stamp with 2 cheap plastic chairs filling it.

In all the room was very dated and in much need of a good makeover to bring it up to 3* standard and looked nothing like the pictures we had seen on various web sites.

THE COMPLEX
The garden and tennis court areas look nice and are very well maintained unlike the rooms, but there was a smell of sewage daily sometimes very strong. There are 4 outdoor pools on the complex all of which the water seamed very cloudy and dirty, sun beds were very limited and like Lord Lucan hard to find if you’re an insomniac it’s not a problem but for anyone wishing to stay in bed later than 6.30am don’t bother trying by then they all have towels on them. The pool man is happy to layout mats for you so if you don’t mind laying buy the steps with the world and his wife walking over you or right buy the pool getting soaked every 30 seconds this is the perfect solution. The pool areas are far too small for the size of the complex and their is nowhere near enough sun beds and the one that are there are filthy and broken.

THE FOOD
Served in two main restaurants this is an ornithologist dream with small birds often flying around in the restaurant along with the above expectable level of flies and the occasional cat.

The food was well presented and a varied choice but there are some very serious issues with the food preparation and handling with all of us suffering from sickness and diarrhoea with my wife being taken so ill she never used the restaurant for the remaining 8 days of our holiday. The reps put this illness down to holiday tummy or a bug brought over from England this is complete rubbish everyone I spoke to had someone in their party suffering from the symptoms this was food poisoning on a large scale. As for the four a-la-carte restaurants tried two not impressed.
The snack bar was good between 1pm and 4pm but at night it’s stated that unlimited snacks available from 10pm till 1am but in reality this is pizza from 10.30pm till midnight.
THE BARS
There are 6 bars 2 of these are at the lobby at the Agodor end of the complex one being a cocktail bar the service is slow with the bar staffs time taken up by logging what drinks you have had on a computer. Unless you are French then you have non queuing rights you just have to walk up order you drinks in French and there you go no need for all that queuing lark.

The fact that there are six bars on the complex sounds impressive and you would think getting a drink would be easy but most of the time in the evening only the lobby bars and the bar where the so called entertainment was going on were open so if you where after a quiet drink the only place was the lobby bar which closed at 11pm on the dot with all the lobby light being turned off as well. I have used several all-inclusive resorts over the years and this has got to be the first where the need to login all you drink on a computer is more important than serving them.

THE BEACH
A very nice well maintained beach with the hotel having its own private section but just like the pool area far to small for the size of the complex, the guys on the beach were just as helpful as the pool man and would lay a matt out for you normally in the walkways so you can have a nice bit of sand kicked over you or they are quit happy to put them next to anyone’s sun bed so you can get up close and personal with you fellow guests.

If your not happy with this then you can pick a spot on the beach itself not recommended if you wont to relax or read because your day will be taken up with constantly telling the donut man, rug man, jet ski man, sunglasses man, watch man, the camel ride man and the henna tattoo lady no thanks to buying there wares but this translates into Moroccan meaning come back in ten minutes and ask me again.

In all the years I have been going on holiday this is only the second time I have felt the need to complain over the years, this is the first time that I have used First Choice and I am very disappointed with the holiday to the point that the holiday I have book with you for April 2007 will now be cancelled. I will also be writing to the Occidental this is a company the according to its website prides itself on giving the best all-inclusive holidays at fantastic locations and resorts, I think they need to revisit the Caribbean Village Agador before making this claim.

My advice is do not go Occidental Hotel and Resorts is a trade name for a company that prides itself on all-inclusive holidays I have contacted this company and I have been informed that they have now have no dealings with this hotel.

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of September 2006

Our son was ill for 3 days with sickness...

Reviewed Wed 30th of August 2006

"Our son was ill for 3 days with sickness/diarrhea and did not appear to be alone. First impression of hotel is good but on closer inspection notice finger prints everywhere, flies in restaurant unpleasant smells. Cockroaches in our bedroom. The gardens are lovely and most of the staff are very friendly.

Not always easy to get served at bar, and only ever seemed to be two of the six bars open at one time.

Difficult to get a sun bed unless you get up very early. This is the first time I have ever complained about the quality of a holiday, usually make the most of any situation. Did not expect a 5 star holiday at a 3 star price and am not normally bothered by the size of room /storage or if it is basic. In fact the size of our room was good with adequate storage and a nice terrace however had to spend far too much time confined to room with illness."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of August 2006

Where do I start, there were 14 of us an...

Reviewed Wed 23rd of August 2006

"Where do I start, there were 14 of us and 10 were ill, the rooms were basic and dirty, the all inclusive doesn’t mean all in, we paid for ice cream, tennis and the day we left we had our bands cut off and then had to pay for drinks until we left, (if the children's bands come off then you had to pay for them too and be up early to get sun beds.

When you put your towels on don’t leave them, there are big towel bins for people to remove your towel if you’re gone longer than an hour, there are good sides, the weather is hot and don’t forget Massa the camel he was great, we won’t be returning!

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of August 2006

All inclusive complex with spa, not quit...

Reviewed Wed 9th of August 2006

"All inclusive complex with spa, not quite!

Not all facilities open:

Sushi restaurant closed. Vegetarian restaurant closed. Some of the spa facilities closed.
Unable to get a booking in all of the restaurants that were available throughout the duration of the trip. Did not manage to get a sun bed by the pool at all whilst there, full of towels at the crack of dawn each day.

Met with some rudeness towards English guests (actually heard one waiter apologise to a French family for sitting them next to an English family).

On waking on five of the seven days of our holiday we had no running water for washing or toilets.

All three of my party came home and had to visit the doctor with upset stomach and sickness that resulted in time of work and hospital tests)."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of August 2006

Bad Points: Upon arrival the hotel room...

Reviewed Sat 29th of July 2006

"Bad Points:

Upon arrival the hotel room was not cleaned properly which we did ourselves.

The towels were taken most days whether we left them in the bath or not and not always replaced.

You have to fight to get the Al la carte restaurants booked each morning (they will tell you at the beginning of the holiday that they are booked for that night and the following night - they are not, you'll see for yourself when you eat).

You have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a lounger by the pool (if indeed you want to be by the pools).

The pools are noisy and busy, packed with children who run riot.

Don't bother trying to use the internet in reception.

Plus points:

This is a resort for families with 8-14 yr old children. Your children will be entertained from dawn to dusk.

The food is plentiful and the drinks flowing. You may get a tummy upset however it is not severe and easily cured.

There is a spa attached offering treatments at reasonable prices.

The beach is close by and the hotel has it's own private section with a bar (although this only sells soft drinks and food has to be ordered from reception before you leave).

Agadir itself is within walking distance.

You don't get much hassle and this can be ignored easily - just don't get eye contact.

Overall:

Please don't book to go to this hotel if you are an adult couple or group you won't enjoy it. If you are a family then this is a nice cheap hotel that will keep the young ones entertained."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of July 2006

It annoys me seeing the bad reviews writ...

Reviewed Sun 23rd of July 2006

"It annoys me seeing the bad reviews written about this hotel. My family and I have returned here twice as it is so lovely. The location, the people and the entertainment are all wonderful. Excellent and fun for children, teenagers and adults.

Firstly, who goes to a 3* hotel expecting a palace for a room? Nobody. 3* is what you paid for so put up with what your room is like, yes they are basic - but if you are so disappointed you should ask to move to a more modern, recently updated room in the adjoining, sister hotel Pueblo Tamlet next door. The hotels are joined together and share use of the facilities, which is even better in my opinion, as you meet more people.

All of the staff here are so friendly, absolutely adore young children and the pool man works so hard giving everybody sun beds and mats to everyone.

The food selection is incredible, you can try almost anything. There are 4 different restaurants. They are all good except the Chinese, do not go there! It isn't Chinese lol. The Chinese just up the road outside the hotel is very nice.

But the best thing about this hotel is the animation team. They work so hard to give the guests a fun holiday and you do make good friends with them. Most hotels have 5 or 6 entertainers; well here you get about 20! You don't get cheesy, repeated cabaret shows - the animation team is practically a cast, who all put on spectacular shows. There is a massive, indoors amphitheatre, which is better than any other hotel I have been to. Shows include Lion King, Grease and Prince of Egypt any many more, and they are so good for hotel entertainment, the best I have ever seen and I have traveled to more than 14 hotels around the world.

The only downside is the 'lull' period from when the show ends until the onsite disco Le People opens. For about an hour you need to entertain yourselves or go and have a drink in the bar. The Disco is brilliant for a hotel, younger children should go with adults and here you can party the night away with the animation team.

Fabulous hotel if you can see past the odd dodgy shower fixtures, lovely people, great beach, need I say anymore - returning again in October.

I have so many good things to say about this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

Loved it!

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I stayed in this hotel with my mum, dad and 2 younger sisters, we all thought it was brilliant. We had great weather, nice rooms, the food was nice and the cocktails were great 2! The entertainment was brilliant we always had something to do. The animation team were brilliant and the shows were unmissible, they had us in stitches!!! We would definately go back again."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of April 2006

We read some really negative reviews of...

Reviewed Tue 18th of April 2006

"We read some really negative reviews of this hotel but were not put off, as every hotel we have ever been to has had some bad reviews. We found nothing to complain about, the food was worthy of 4* status and we all had a brilliant holiday once again.

As a family with a 14 and 12 yr old we couldn’t have hoped for anything better. they had such a good time we hardly saw them, which left lots of time for my husband and I to relax and enjoy it too. After all, when you go on holiday as a family you put the needs of your children first, and ours could not have been better catered for, in fact they asked to go back, and the only other place they have wanted to go back to was Antigua.

One of the reviews said to keep an open mind, I don’t think you need to as long as you remember that its Africa and not the med. the standards here are higher than other parts or Africa we have traveled to. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of April 2006

Booking to go back!!

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Ok peeps! First off this hotel has so much bad critism it got me really worried as I was setting off with my mum for my 21st birthday, and boy were we plesantly suprised.I had the time of my life, The food was divine apart from the chinese (just dont bother!) the first choice reps were great (thanx Mel see you again soon hopefully need the Johnny Bravo gossip lol) made some great friends with the bar staff and Animation team (you know who you are) who took care of me clubbing even when I went alone. I must say the animation team were exellent considering they work a 84 hr week these guys just dont stop smiling and dancing! ok the rooms were basic but who goes on holiday to stay in there rooms, they did their job, fantastic pools and the cocktails were something else (thankyou Jamal) All I can say is a few manners can get you so much! I missed the politeness and smiles that England is so sorely needing! see you in the summer guys!!"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of April 2006

Average but would go again...

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"When we arrived everything was very quick, we filled out the forms and we were shown to our rooms.
Rooms were very basic but clean, tv did not have many english channels but thats not what your there for. We were in room 2619, was not far from pool or recepetion a nice place and the balcony overlooked one of the smaller pools used for the shows!
The pools i found were all cold but thats ok because during the day it does get very hot. The animation team were not very good, they had no enthusiasm when doing the dances or shows never smiled round the pool apart from one trainee who was great!! A lot of the animation team like flirting with all the girls but its really annoying so watch out. There were lots of activities during the day my favourite being basketball, it was meant to be on 11am and 4pm each day but because he was a trainee often the boss made him do other jobs instead so he couldnt do it.. other activities included darts, water polo, football, table tennis, aqua gym etc.... the guys on the microphone can also get annoying we nicknamed one "motor mouth" as he said everything is so many languages they all blurred into one as he spoke so fast. The shows at night were very average again not much enthusiasm apart from a couple of people..
Anyway moving on from the animation team.. the food was average if that... the same things in the buffet all the time and not much selection. The restaurants you have to book for are not really worth it as all the food the same practically as in the buffet. Also the drinks tasted very watered down, bar service was slow round the pool and the pool bar closed at 11pm and lobby bar at 12pm so not much do to afterwards... take a short walk out of front of hotel down and up the steps, turn left and there is a lovely restaurant on your left hand side... the drinks taste real and they constantly bring you snacks out which are fantastic!!
Overall i think this hotel is average, the activities, and a few members of staff made my stay worthwhile and thats why i would return but really its not worth the money!!"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of April 2006