Constance Belle Mare Plage

Constance Belle Mare Plage

Good

Visited this resort in last week of Augu...

Reviewed 12th September 2006

"Visited this resort in last week of August 2006. Excellent layout, beautiful location, and fantastic architecture. The staff are really great, the food good (with 7 restaurants to choose from) and the environment truly relaxing. Great for water sports even though this time of the year can get a little too windy for a nice swim and a little chilly in the evening. The spa and gym are well equipped as well. A truly great resort! "

• Travel date: 12th September 2006

Superb , worth the travel.

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"My wife and I visited for one week in February 06. A long way from Glasgow but travelling with EMIRATES the journey was pleasurable. Rained for the first three days but did not put us off playing golf on two of the nicest golf courses you will ever play. The caddies are the finest caddies you will find. Excellent young guys who know the course so well. NEGATIVE - Not a thing other than me being the big deep fisher (£350 half day) POSITIVE - Go for a Junior Suite , they are stunning. Food is superb , there is no real reason to move away from the buffet restaurants because the food is so good. The Deer Hunter restaurant at the Golf Club House was very good though. Travel 5 minutes by Taxi to St.Julien Village and go to Chez Manuel. This is a superb Chinese Restaurant serving the best of SeaFood. Lovely restaurant and £62 for six including wine , it speaks for itself. If you are thinking about going to Mauritius , go to Belle Mare Plage you will not be let down."

• Travel date: 28th May 2006

2 week Heaven

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"We are just back from Cuba (Feb 06) and had a dreadful time. It was allegedly 5* but would struggle to get 2* in any capacity versus BMP. So to the Belle Mare Plage. We stayed there in May 04 and May 05. This place is extremely good. Excellent in fact. Considering the remoteness of this Island and the location of the BMP we found the prices very reasonable. The food is varied and essentially of high quality even in the buffet where they cook fresh food (no food hanging around all night for the unsuspecting travellers) and most dishes are cooked to order. It represents the world with Asian, Italian, Local, Grill etc etc. Even in this maelstrom of a buffet you will be provided with service and escorted to seating. Staff will often carry the ladies supper back to the table for them. There is a variety of seating either indoor or out on the terrace situated right alongside the pool. Breakfast takes place here also and the walk alongside the beach each morning is a touch of paradise before being fed. We had Junior Suites on both occasions and in the latter visit were fortunate enough to be sited right on the beachfront on the 3rd floor. I dont know what your view is each morning but this really is spectacular. For early wakers you can witness the beach being raked and cleaned each morning by staff. Rishee and his colleagues will help you to the beach each day and change beach towels and carry your beach luggage. Getting service on the beach is expedient and friendly. Drinks and complimentary cold towels are welcome arrivals. Our only grumble would be access to the sea. Watch out for Lava rock (it is the islands source after all) and it can be devilish under foot. The Deer Hunter and Spaggio (sp?) are A La Carte but you can use your Half Board prepayment for Table de H'hote. Food is blooody marvellous here and the service attentive but not overly intrusive. The Blue Penny is really not worth the money as its cuisine is not really any better than the two mentioned restaurants but a lot more expensive and less atmospheric. To the golf courses. If you are a golfer, of any standard, this place is magic. I doubt you will ever find better service as both courses are loaded with green staff and caddy master personnel. The newer course is a good test and also very scenic with great variety. The older course is a true test. I play off 5 and still required a healthy supply of balls. The lads running the place are great craik and will often make up a 4 ball when numbers are short. My good lady informs me the Spa was very very good. One thing to mention is the people that go to this place, be they Brits, French, Italians or whomever really are a good bunch based on our visits. Professional people being respectful of other visitors but enjoyable and varied to talk with. Zero drunks in fours weeks unlike Cuba. I have not stayed at either the One and Only hotels but my senses tell me that it could be a little austere and one-up-manship. Maybe an injustice as we only walked through St Geran. Night times are relaxed with discrete entertainment at a Cocktail bar. Do not expect a party atmosphere. More a case of folks having a digestive and good conversation before bedtime. We will go back I know and rest easy in the knowledge that a wonderful holiday will ensue. If you are considering the BMP I suggest you invest in a Junior Suite as the rooms are very very good, well decorated, spacious, ample bathroom space for the Mrs and her multitude of products and whilst she bathes like the Queen of Sheeba one can run around the power shower. PS If you want to see Mauritians with passion go to the horse racing if in season."

• Travel date: 5th March 2006

We stayed Nov 2003 the 2nd week of renov...

Reviewed 24th February 2006

"We stayed Nov 2003 the 2nd week of renovation hotel was not ready by a long shot, but even though we a little bit disappointed with resort not ready staff was fantastic, friendly. The food was fantastic so was the golf. Even though the resort was not completely ready for us it did not spoil our vacation. The setting was beautiful our part of the accommodation was fantastic .rooms always clean, room staff were wonderful, the views were stunning. I would say 60% of the resort was ready this has not put us of as we like to go back and see the full beauty i.e. flowers, hotel surrounded by water not yet then filled. The local people friendly, went round the island by taxi available outside hotel. Set price before using taxi can book taxi for day good rates. Also hired a speed boat for day this was fantastic as took you to many places really good fun good value between 5 of us. One of the best things we did was to do the under water walk fantastic not to missed, this can be booked at the beach next door a lot cheaper than booking from hotel. All in all I would of scored 9 -10 if it hadn’t been for all pools and facilities not been available that is why we are definitely going to go back. "

• Travel date: 24th February 2006

A perfect Golf and Beach Hotel Resort

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"The Belle Mare Plage and Golf resort is beautifully located along a mile long stretch of sandy beach. Treat yourself to a Junior suite as the "prestige rooms" are small with a tiny toilet and shower - the junior suites however are the reverse. Try and get one in blocks 4 or 5 which overlook the beach. Previous reviews on Tripadvisor have criticised the food at this hotel - no longer is this the case. The main breakfast and dinner buffets were superb with excellently cooked and presented food with plenty of variety. Service throughout the hotel is friendly and unobtrusive. Go to Spiaggio's beach restaurant or take in the Lobster feast at Indigos - you will not be diappointed, but you may be disappointed by the pretentious and overpriced Blue Penny Cafe - over fancy food at very over fancy prices. The two golf courses are over the road from the hotel. Both are in excellent condition and a delight to play, but take plenty of spare golf balls with you. The Belle Mare management clearly care about their guests - they incorporate lots of little surprises, cold flannels on the beach, little daily news sheets, a bag for your wet swimming gear before you leave, a great ice cream service on the beach. This is a hotel which is superb."

• Travel date: 1st February 2006

Best Beach Holiday Ever

Reviewed 17th October 2012

"We completely enjoyed our stay at Belle Mare Plage Resort 19-31 December 2005. We are active 50-somethings looking for an active but relaxing vacation from hectic work schedules. The food and service were good to excellent. Our room was on the ground floor just a few steps from the beach. We enjoyed the swimming, spa treatments (couples treatment was very special), golf, golf lessons, snorkelling, beach volleyball, windsurfing, and sailing. The weather was perfect the entire time -- raining only at night. Pluses: o The service -- Well organized, punctual, friendly. o Food -- breakfast and nightly buffet: wide variety, nicely presented. La Spaggia ala carte restaurant for Christmas dinner - excellent seafood. o Activities -- Spa and golf exceptionally well run ... like clock work. Water sports -- great; good swimming beach. Deltas: o Cost -- If you are cost conscious, don't go during the holiday season. Warning: drinks and snacks at the resort are expensive. o Lots of children at the resort during holidays. OK so long as parents keep them in check. o Evening entertainment - spotty, but improved during the stay. Latin Night dancing was quite good. o An hour by taxi to Port Louis for shopping, restaurants, nightlife. We never bothered. We're already planning our next trip to Mauritius and Belle Mare Plage."

• Travel date: 8th January 2006

Loved It

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"Fabulous hotel, attentive and friendly staff, good food, good choice of restaurants, great golf. Spent 2 weeks at the Bell Mare Plage in October. We stayed in a junior suite which was faultless. The person who cleaned our room Jessen was fantastic - the room was always immaculate. The hotel has two fantastic golf courses. Once you take your golf clubs to the Legend course you only see them again when you are playing your next round. Bag and shoes are taken from you and cleaned and are waiting for you the next time you play. The golf courses are very contrasting, one is tight and the other has more open fairways - both a challenge (stock up with balls. Back to the hotel. Towels are changed twice a day and beach towels are left in your room. If you need more there is a man in a booth beside one of the pools who will supply more if required. Activities include water ski-ing (classes for beginners Tue and Thurs) snorkelling, a well equipped gym plus other things that we did not have time to explore. The main restaurant is buffet service with loads of choice. If you want to be waited on try the other 4 restaurants (2 of which you can have the h/b option if you prefer). Tried them all and would give them all 10/10. Yes drink is expensive but no more expensive than a 4/5 star hotel in the UK - what I did object to though was paying 695 rupees in the golf shop for a 10ml tube of factor 40 lip sunscreen (approx £14). I had read some very negative comments on this hotel but I can honestly say that after being there I cannot understand what the complaints were about. Hope you enjoy the hotel as much as we did and make sure you explore the island there is soooo much to see. We booked a car with driver (John) through Mauri Tours to take us round the island. We did this over two full days and John was a splendid guide."

• Travel date: 27th October 2005

fantastic hotel, you must go

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"Just got back from honeymoon at the Belle Mare Plage. From the minute we arrived it was brilliant. cool scented towels handed to you on arrival and early access to our room. Staying in their cheapest rom - called a prestige room. It was a standard sized rom but perfectly formed, loveley bathroom and ours was right on the beach with uninterupted views of the ocean. The pools, all four of them, are stunning and contrary to an earlier review were spotless all the time. All the resort is spotless and beautifully furnished. The staff were impeccibly trained and took amazing care of us, nothing was to much and I don't think I ever even had to pour my own water or wine. The golf courses were very good and free apart from a bugg charge on the links. My husband who plays off 14 found them great and still a challenge. I used the spa which was great and spent alot of time on the beach, using my flag provided to request a cold beer without leaving my lounger!. We visited other hotels and the only other I would recommend is the Prince Maurice although this is much quiter if thats what you prefer. Le Tousserok was more expensive and not nearly as beautiful. The food buffet was excellet and we didn't even bother with lunch most days after having a good breakfast. Everyone we spoke to at the hotel couldn't find anything to complain about except the drinks prices, which are high £3 for a beer and £5 for a glass of wine, but this is the case in all the resorts. Go to the local supermarket or take some duty free with you for drinks on the balcony. Will definatley go back as we didn't even get enough time to try all the watersports. Can be windy but this can be good as it keeps you cool in the intense rays. Highly recommended"

• Travel date: 6th October 2005

Fabulous for the price - great value!

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"Our plane landed at 5am so we weren't too hopeful about being able to check into our room that early. However, when we reached the hotel, I was taken aback by the beautiful lobby - so open and peaceful, looking directly out onto the ocean. We were shown to some couches to check-in, and were so happy to find that we had been upgraded to a junior suite because we were on our honeymoon. We didn't even have to ask! The honeymoon package is wonderful - includes tshirt for the groom, pareo for the bride (which I wore to death!!), magnum of champagne with canapes and candlelit dinner at the gourmet Blue Penny restaurant. If you can afford to, definitely get the junior suite - the furnishings were wonderful. It was decorated with dark wood and glass, and the shower was one of those rainshowers - my husband was always looking for an excuse to use it! The breakfast buffet is alright, but be warned, the spread doesn't change much - the only thing that seemed to alternate were the sausages and potatoes (mutton or chicken, and hash browns or new potatoes). The dinner buffet on the other hand was great - so much variety! The 'stores' remained the same, but within each store the ingredients were always different. For example, the bbq would always have fish, but it would be a different type of fish, the Italian had different sauces/pizzas. There is always 1 rotating 'store' though - different every night. The Indonesian night was the best! However, the only gripe is that the dinner buffet gets crowded so banish any thoughts of intimacy! We tried the Blue Penny and the food was great - if not, too much! Another guest told me that the honeymoon menu at the Blue Penny is completely different and from the a la carte - but we didn't get to try it. The clientele at BMP is quite young, and there were quite a few kids. We played golf at both the Links and Legends course - nothing to write home about though, I must say. The Links course is expensive (1400 rupees) as you're forced to rent a buggy whether or not you want one. The Legends course offers you the choice of carrying, caddy or buggy. The caddies cost 1/5th (about 200-400 rupees) the price of the buggy and helps the young guys earn some money - so why would anyone opt for the buggy? The sea is quite choppy on this side of the coast, but maybe it's due to the season. So if you're trying to learn to wakeboard/waterski, good luck! The boathouse men are brilliant though - and were very patient with me as I struggled to learn how to waterski! I was on half board basis and spent about 1000rupees a day on lunch and non-alcoholic drinks - so it might not be worth getting the all-inclusive rate. Service here was impeccable - always coming up to ask you if you needed anything rather than you having to prompt them. PS: The drive from the airport to BMP is winding and long - eat your travel sickness pills before getting into the crazy Mauritian taxis!!"

• Travel date: 4th October 2005

Married at Belle Mare Plage - Absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Belle Mare Plage from the 3rd - 17th September 2005 and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. ARRIVAL We had a lovely welcome at the hotel after a very long flight. We sat down in reception and there was a lovely view over the pool, beach and the turquoise seas. We were both speechless at this point, this hotel certainly has the wow factor. We were given refreshing flannels and an iced tea. As we were getting married at the hotel we were upgraded to a Junior Suite, which was a gorgeous room with a lovely bathroom and a terrace overlooking the pool. The only negatives were no tea making facilities and the hotel does not provide an iron & ironing board which I would have expected. BEACH & WEATHER The beach was lovely powdery white sands but it was very windy at this time of the year. The wind did die down in the second week, but people should bear this in mind if they are going in the Mauritian winter months, as for the first week we were unable to do any of the watersports due to the high winds. When the sun was out it was very warm, but at this time of year it was quite cloudy and there were some days of rain. This did not ruin our holiday though. SERVICE The service was very good at the hotel, there were tonnes of staff they seemed to outnumber the guests at times and they were all polite and helpful. The service can be slower than I'm used to in the UK but there is a slower pace in Mauritius which suited me on holiday. The staff who cleaned the rooms were very good and often decorated the bed with petals which was a good touch. FOOD & DRINK The food at this hotel was lovely. We were on half-board so there was a breakfast buffet which had everything you could think off, danish pastries and croissants, fresh bread, meats, cheese, olives, bacon etc. There were cooking stations where you could have your eggs made exactly to your specification and omelettes etc. There would then be an evening buffet which changed frequently. We were there for two weeks and it had different things every day. There was Italian, Indian, Indonesian, seafood. It was all delicious. The buffets were at the main restaurant La Citronella. There are also half-board menus at La Spiaggia and Deerhunter. The food at La Spiaggia was lovely and the BBQ night at the Deerhunter is recommended. I thought some of the drink prices were reasonable but the wine was quite expensive so we spent a lot on this. If you want to do it a bit cheaper get a taxi to Winner's Supermarket at Flacq and stock up. THE WEDDING Our wedding day was wonderful. The ceremony was held in one of the private villas which was decorated and very intimate. The bouquet for my bridesmaid and I were fabulous. We had a chocolate cake made which everyone enjoyed. The wedding co-ordinator Annabelle was very helpful. The wedding day was informal which was what I wanted. We had our wedding meal in the private room at the Blue Penny Cafe which was absolutely first class. As a lovely suprise we were allowed to spend our wedding night in the private villa which is absolutely beautiful and very private, it had two double bedrooms, kitchen, large dining room, private pool, ensuite and outdoor shower and bath and a villa master who looks after you whilst you are there I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. We had the holiday of a lifetime. There are a lot of honeymooners and some children and if you love golf you will love the two golf courses here"

• Travel date: 21st September 2005

A Shame To Leave

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"I was dismayed to hear that some people have not had a good experience with Belle Mare Plage. I understand that travel is a very subjective experience however...... I must stress we had the most wonderful time at BMP and yes, I would certainly stay there again and recommend it to my equally fussy friends! By all means, please do not let the negative reports affect you too much. Go on, go for it! You'll love it too........."

• Travel date: 1st September 2005

Fantastic experience

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"Simply, a superb resort with fantastic staff, food and facilities. Went in their winter due to daughter's wedding at Prince Maurice (sister hotel but expensive resort). We both play golf and the courses and locations could not be beaten at a non -US or European resort. Wow, fabulous place - go!"

• Travel date: 19th August 2005

Hotels near Constance Belle Mare Plage

Constance Belle Mare Plage is also called

• Belle Mare Plage Resort
  • belle mare plage
  • constance belle mare plage hotel