Heritage Awali view

About Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

• shuttle bus service
  • sauna
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • tennis court

Good
Good

Fantastic Hotel

Reviewed 28th December 2008

"This is the 3rd time i have stayed at this hotel, from the moment you walk into reception, to be greeted with a beautiful smell that is throughout the hotel, you know you are in paradise. The food is superb especially the French restaurant and the Chateau.. We also loved the beachfront restaurant. The entertainment is low key, but this suits me fine! Its the perfect honeymoon and a fantastic wedding venue. I would highly recommend the All inclusive, its fantastic and although everything is priced in rupees rather than Euros the drinks can be expensive, but no more than you would expect of a 5 star hotel in Mauritius. The staff are also superb and really make the holiday extra special."

• Travel date: 28th December 2008

The most wonderful honeymoon we could ev...

Reviewed 11th September 2008

"The most wonderful honeymoon we could ever have dreamt of. I would return to this hotel every year if I had the CASH! The food, service, drink, rooms and spa were out of this world, I have never been pampered so much in my life. The champagne never stopped flowing. The only problem was that we only went for ten days, could easily have stayed three weeks if work had permitted. Totally recommend it to those who want peace and quiet."

• Travel date: 11th September 2008

What a fantastic hotel and resort! The ...

Reviewed 23rd October 2007

"What a fantastic hotel and resort! The hotel is beautiful and has everything you could want for. The spa on site offers a vast range of treatments and if you opt for the premium all inclusive option then your treatments are included. The food was of excellent quality and champagne by the glass was included in the premium package. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. I could not find fault with the hotel!"

• Travel date: 23rd October 2007

I have just returned from my honeymoon, ...

Reviewed 18th December 2005

"I have just returned from my honeymoon, of which 7 days were spent at this hotel. It lived up to all expectations of a 5 star hotel. Service was impeccable (I now expect all chairs to be pulled out for me!) and food was excellent. Rooms were extremely well appointed and staff even pulled down the blinds for you in the early evening. Room service food was also very good. We took advantage of activities and these were professionally conducted and where we booked private lessons these were very reasonably priced (equiv of £8 for a private archery lesson for both of us). Entertainment was varied and of a reasonably high standard and drinks are of international brand (French champagne v.nice). My only piece of advice would be: as soon as you arrive book the fine dining restaurant as it was fully booked when I tried 3 days in. However, the hotel is aware of this, and they had already booked one night for us in advance. However, the food at the other restaurants was excellent. Overall, this hotel was perfect for my honeymoon - staff, facilities and location - wonderful, I would have no hesitation in returning."

• Travel date: 18th December 2005

Paradise!!!

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"To coin a Phrase, " Simply the Best". We have just returned from our Honeymoon at the Heritage and I can honestly say that this is the Jewel of Mauritius. The Resort Staff, from the Maitre De's to the Ground Staff are wonderfully helpful and courteous, nothing is too much trouble. The Room we had overlooked the pool and the ocean, and it was wonderful to wake up each morning and look out over the Indian Ocean, where we occassionally took breakfast on the Balcony. We had the premium package, which is excellant value, it included Spa Treatments every day, use of the Golf Course,Watersports ( excl Scuba Diving), Excellant Wines and faboulous food.( Some spirits are not included ). We managed to eat in the Fine Dining restaurant on quite a few occassions, which is classed as a Michelin Star restaurant, to be fair to the Beach restaurant ( Infinity Blue), the food in there was just as good and we preferred this one. Mahen the maitre de of the Infinity Blue was not only outstanding at his job, but would go that one step further to make your stay as wonderful as possible. The Spa treatments were to die for, I felt as though I was on cloud nine every day, on the premium package your treatments for your entire stay are already booked in at certain times, one piece of advice, change the times to suit you as soon as you can. The Golf course was challenging, especially with the Wind and the Water, if you want to play Golf at a reasonable hour book in early. This little Gem has been open just over a year, and they have everything right, it holds around 300 guests so you never feel crowded, it will be one of those places where it will be hard to get into. A faboulous place to visit and be pampered, an absolute must for all Honeymooners, what a Wonderful way to start married life !!!"

• Travel date: 7th November 2005

Heritage Bliss!

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"My husband and I visited the Heritage Golf and Spa Resort in August with our two daughters (aged 19 & 22). We had a wonderful time - I meant to review this hotel much earlier but but caught up in the daily grind on my return and have only just found some time - sorry! What can I say? We have been to Mauritius before so we were looking forward to the friendliness of the people once more and we were not disappointed. Everyone at the resort made us feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble for anyone. I had been worried before we left because I heard the spa was being refurbished but the manager contacted me to explain it was being expanded and upgraded and that the treatments were in another part of the hotel. The temporary spa rooms were excellent and very tastefully decorated and furnished - in fact they were nicer than the permanent rooms at LeSport, St Lucia (my last holiday). The newly expanded SPA opened during our second week and it was beautiful. My husband is not a SPA person but after a game of golf most days, he had a few massages to get rid of a few aches and pains. I would recommend the Thai massage - I felt much more supple after being stretched in all directions. It was so wonderful I went back for another before I left. All the staff in the SPA were superb and they were flexible with treatments and made time changes where possible. The gym next door to the spa was small but well equipped and an instructor available at points throughout the day. One of daughters who already has her padi certificate went diving - it has been some time since she did this and she thought she had lost her confidence but the dive coach was great with her and she was delighted to be rewarded by seeing a giant turtle. My other daughter and I went on a day's walking expedition to the Black River Gorge. The guide was superb and extremely knowledgeable about native wildlife and fauna and the views were fantastic. It was steep and muddy in parts so we were glad we had brought our walking boots and I had stuck my walking poles in with the golf clubs 'just in case'. The golf course and club house were excellent. My husband played most days and I walked round occasionally (another day my daughter accompanied him and drove the cart which you do not need to take). The scenery is lovely. It isn't too much of a hike unless you aren't used to walking. It was windy but living near St Andrews, we have loads of Links courses so it wasn't too bad. It was nice to sit on the balcony of the golf course and chill away some time. We thought the beach was better at the Heritage than it was further along the shore line. In one direction, there was no shelter and it was far too windy. We took a day trip to Grande Baie and decided to opt for a BMW 4x4 rather than a local taxi for comfort and I'm glad we did as it was a longish drive. It didn't cost the earth and the guide knew the history of his country and I learned much more from him than I had from reading through the guide books. The rooms at the Heritage were lovely and immaculately kept. We were given a wonderful suite on the beach with our daughters having a great room next door. We had the opportunity to view the Villa and it is to die for! Next time I must have this - even just for a few days! If you are getting married here - definitely try to spend even a night or two. We saw a few weddings and they were all special. Times and locations varied - they were tailored to whatever the couple wanted. Food was superb in all restuarants. The staff made an effort to remember things that guests enjoyed and would go out of their way to ensure their time at the Heritage was special. My husband enjoyed a dish at the pool bar and had mentioned he enjoyed spicy food ... the next day we had a phone call asking him to pop by the pool bar as they had made something specially for him. That was one of the unexpected things which made this holiday so enjoyable. Staff looked after the little things. You can buy nice presents and things you need at the well stocked little shop - not too expensive either and the laundry service was efficient and quick so you don't need to overpack. Internet is available should you need to touch base. In all we had a brilliant time. It was great to spend time with each other at such a relaxed pace and enjoy the variety of activities on offer. The manager and his team get to know their guests and they model and set very high standards for their employees and as a result, this is a very happy place to be for staff and the guests benefit from this. We all came back feeling recharged and we hope to return in the near future."

• Travel date: 23rd October 2005

Go to the Heritage

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"We went to the Heritage at the end of September 2005 for 10 days - and loved it. Rather than go through all the fantastic things concerning this resort which are covered by every other review here, I will limit myself to passing on 10 top tips - these are not negatives but knowing them may make your holiday even more amazing: 1. Get the Premium package - it is incredibly good value at the moment but will certainly go up once the word gets out on how great this place is. 2. Note that not all wines are included - so don't just accept your waiters suggestion - check it is on the list first as there are some beautiful S.African wines to choose from. 3. If you fancy the French restaurant (we actually preferred the beach front one) book before you arrive as gets booked up about 5 days in advance. 4. Get to know the maitre d' at the beach front Asian-fusion restautant and he'll get lobster for you whenever you want! 5. All watersports are included in the package except scuba diving. Whilst reasonable, I was personally not too happy with the thoroughness of the preparation or planning but then I am a relatively inexperienced diver. 6. Be aware that the beautiful breeze that blows off the mountains also creates a very strong current in the sea - so if you have kids, don't let them head off in a sailing boat or pedalo if you want to see them agian. 7. The golf course is gorgeous (tho young) and very challenging. Pack more golf balls than normal whatever your handicap as neither the rough nor the club house price list is very forgiving - you can buy 'lost' balls cheaply off locals walking the course. You may even get to buy your own ball back! 8. The Spa is serene and professional - but once on the table the masseurs are not too worried about your modesty. If you find this uncomfortable you can ask for paper underwear but your other-half may never find you attractive again! 9. We went at the end of September and the weather was mixed - out of 10 days we lost 2 to rain and due to the resorts location between mountains and ocean, you can expect a short sharp downpoor almost every day. Most last for a max of 5 mins but not all. 10. Go to the Heritage - the resort is beautiful, the service exemplary and the relaxation total."

• Travel date: 23rd October 2005

Exceptional Heritage

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"Having read a lot of earlier reviews of the Heritage, we were looking forward to finding out for ourselves just how good it really was. We returned yesterday from what turned out to be the best overall holiday experience we have had. We flew from Gatwick with Emirates via Dubai as an alternative to flying with Air Mauritius direct from Heathrow. Not a lot in it, but the stop off at Dubai broke the journey somewhat. Having experienced Le Tousserok earlier this year, we knew that Mauritius hotels provide wonderfully personal service. In our experience the Heritage staff were as good, only more relaxed, in that they would have time to talk, and you really felt you got to know them. Our room valet Ranjeeta went to extraordinary lengths to make my wife's birthday special, including bringing flowers from her home to decorate the room, which was comfortable and spacious. The in-room TV was mainly South African programmes, but football fans will note that most big premier league matches are shown, some live. All the staff were friendly, helpful and (as are most of the Islanders) unfailingly curteous. Look out for Mahen and John at Infinity Blue, the beach front seafood restaurant, which was our personal favourite. The fine dining at Le CdeC was also excellent, if somewhat formal. A word of advice...book early for the fine dining restaurant, as it had a lead time of a week when we were there. Booking the premium all-inclusive package at Heritage is a must....the inclusive package includes an excellent range of wines, decent Champagne, and lobster should you want it.....with at least 24hrs notice. You are asked to sign for all your food and drink...very gratifying to see zero alongside the cost each time!! The Spa treatments were plentiful and varied, with staff well trained and responsive to individual needs. You can arrange extra treatments such as manicure at extra cost. The golf course was in good condition, and a very fair challenge. I hired good quality clubs (Mizuno), and with a buggy it came to about £35, which included a few balls and water. The course overlooks both the sea and the nature reserve, which is well worth a visit, and measures just over 6500 yds. Finally the beach was white soft sand, and the water on most days clear. As others have said, there is a fairly strong current from left to right, but as the water is shallow it is not dangerous at that point. In the two weeks we were there, we had two days of strong winds, but to put it into context, not once did the wind blow the sand around. We will return in the future, and certainly recommend Heritage to our friends. If anyone would like specific details of our experience, including car hire, shopping and other beaches we visited please feel free to e-mail."

• Travel date: 21st October 2005

Wonderful Heritage!

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"Just returned from 15 days of pure relaxation. Yes there was a couple of days when it rained but nothing that spoiled the holiday. We were of course prepared for some rain (after all there isn't meant to to be ANY month in Mauritius where there is no rain at all) but the amount we experienced was far less than we had been led to expect by the posts on this site. All in all weather wise we were pleasantly surprised (as evidenced by my stunning tan never before achieved on any other holiday!). The hotel went out of its way to make my birthday and wedding anniversary occasions not to be forgotten and I can truthfully say it was all very special. I particularly liked the way EVERY member of staff we encountered knew who we were before we introduced ourselves! This level of personal service created a lovely calm environment where we never had to be worried that something would go wrong (and believe me on our holidays normally if it can go wrong it does!). From the drum roll upon our arrival to the parting gift from the hotel, we could not fault it. Contrary to other posts we found the water sports staff helpful and informative and we were very pleased in particular with their safety knowledge and our concerns. The level of education we received from them on the watersports we undertook was excellent as well. The only negative that I could see was indeed the quality of the water around the hotel, with the currents being a problem for swimming on occasion and also the surprising lack of live coral in the area. Having said that the staff handling the scuba and snorkelling trips did endeavour to find suitable areas to carry out the dives and plenty of fish were seen. The quality of the food in all three restaurants was high, however the food at CDC was to die for. At the beach the waiting staff worked hard for long hours yet still maintained a cheerful outlook and nothing was too much bother for them. Anyone going please say hello to Warren who made our holiday special. The all inclusive is tremendous value, we could not find anything to spend our money on and apart from a few trips around the island ended up spending our spare cash on golf lessons! As neither of us had even hit a ball before we did not hold out much chance of succeeding but Gary the pro at the course soon got us hitting, chipping and putting. We're hooked now and are looking into further lessons here. On this point we met a lady who was learning at home and she took a lesson with Gary. Her opinion was that she learned more from him in the hour than she had on ten private lessons at home! I can't recommend this hotel highly enough, just go and enjoy it. Don't get hung up on the weather if you are travelling out of season and just go with the flow. The beautiful island and its people should make up for any rain that comes your way - after all the island does need water to stay looking like it does."

• Travel date: 9th October 2005

Stunning!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"What can I say! It looked stunning before we went but it's nothing like the real thing. It's a long way but certainly worth the effort. It was raining when we got there but was fine the next day. Being greeted by cold face towels in that weather was a little surreal, but the efforts they go to to make you feel welcome are extraordinary. We played golf the next morning at Golf du Chateau. They take you on the 4 minute journey by shuttle bus and you are greeted and treated like kings when there. After your first time there they look after and clean your clubs and shoes every time you play until you leave. The club facilities are excellent with showers etc. and are of an equivalent quality to the hotel. Be warned though....this course is VERY long and that wind!!! It makes it even longer!!! That first morning there was standing water on the course from the rain so we had to take trolleys rather than a buggy. After 4 holes on a very long and hilly (but excellent!) course we thought we'd have to call the paramedics!....and the 17th hole....for those of you who've experienced it, you'll know what I mean. Unfortunately it rained for the next four days....so we took up a wet weather sport...scuba diving! Not quite in the plan and scarey to say the least! But we studied and trained in the cold pool, then in the lagoon and outside the reef in front of the hotel down to 15m and we are now PADI Open Water certified and hooked on it! Julien at the pool house was absolutely fantastic and coaxed us through our nerves. Thanks to him we kept our nerve (just!!!) and passed. Try it, you won't forget it. They really look after you there. Thanks to Steeve and everyone in the animation team...watch him when he scores beach volleyball and table tennis! The tennis there is excellent with two good astro turf courts we used...during the rain again! The gorgeous rooms are cleaned and beds turned over daily. Thanks to Michael for ours. The guys there, at guest relations and at reception were excellent. The bar staff learned our order pretty much after one night, and the food at all of the restaurants is excellent as is the service. Don't forget to order lobster at Infinity Blue but give them 24hrs notice (it's included in the All Inclusive option). The variety of meals and different types of buffets such as Asian night, Indian night and a Mauritian night. The food is wonderful! The spa treatments were fantastic and welcome everyday after playing tennis, or golf or lugging heavy weights and air tanks around! Anoushka sorted us out at the start and if you wanted to change anything they would accomodate you if possible, but our 2 week daily plan was sorted for when we got there! As for Vishal...try his Thai Shiatsu massage....I didn't think I could stretch to the limits he made me! Ask for him, he gives best massages I've ever had....be prepared to grimace with pain...no pain no gain remember! We couldn't fault this resort and can type forever about it. We weren't on honeymoon and I don't think I've ever had such an active holiday. To be honest, the 12hr flight home came as a relief so I could have a rest!!! If you have any questions...feel free to mail and ask."

• Travel date: 8th October 2005

we loved the heritage and mauritius

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Just came back from our honeymoon at Heritage Golf and Spa in Mauritius. From the moment that we arrived everything was beautiful except the weather. We stayed for 8 days and it was raining the 6. The people at the hotel and Mauritius are really friendly and make you feel like home. The room was excellent at the second floor. They would make our beds every time that we would go out. And change the towels sometimes twice a day. They provided us with shampoo, body lotion, and shower gel twice a day. So you don’t really need to take your stuff. The all inclusive package is super. You will not have to spend any money at the hotel. Everything is included. The SPA treatments witch are included in the package are ok but from 7 that we had only 2 where 45 minutes the rest where 15 minutes. The restaurants were very nice. Try the kitchen nuggets and the hamburger from the beach restaurant. The hotel is about 50 minutes drive from the air port. The only thing that wasn’t nice was the beach and sea quality. If you are looking for really nice beeches you should go to Le paradis hotel, or Dinarobin hotel. You can also stay at the hotel and take a taxi to go for a swim at Le morne beach it is 15 minutes by taxi and the cost is 500 rupees for the taxi to take you in the morning and come and take you back in the afternoon some time. We also had a local taxi driver which would charge us only with 1800 rupees (which is about 50e a day) and he was taking us around the island.. For any one that wants his telephone or to know any thing else feel free to contact me at: [email protected]"

• Travel date: 27th September 2005

Absolutely wonderful resort; the perfect place for our wedding

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"We chose the Heritage for our wedding and honeymoon. It was fantastic. The people at the resort were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The accommodation and food were excellent. All three restaurants were really good as was the Chateau (which you pay extra for, but it is worth it!). On our wedding night we hired the Villa for our evening meal and it had all been decked out with candles and was very very romantic, we had our own waiters for the evening and it was fabulous - definitely a night to remember. Can't wait to go back next year for our anniversary!!"

• Travel date: 18th September 2005

Hotels near Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Top traveller tips for Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

• by poppy2k

"chamarel and the waterfalls"

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is also called

• Heritage Golf & Spa Resort
  • heritage hotel bel ombre
  • heritage resort bel ombre