Kenya Bay Beach Hotel

Mombasa Malindi Road Bamburi Beach, Bamburi, Mombasa 80101 Kenya

fantastic

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I have been going to Kenya for 9 years now working in my clinics and takeing parties of paramedics and nusres to work in them hard work so at the end of each tripe we head for Mombassa and we always stay at the Kenya Bay hotel i could say it is the best hotel around well for us it is the cost is fantastic we are just working chaps so money can be tight but at there price we can aford it and it is great with good food and service always ready to hepl we even did a wedding there and it was great they went over the top to help in every way we will go back well I have been many times and will continue to go there is everthing you need white sand sun good food quality assistance at hand all the times even doctors on hand if required well it happens and i was greatful to the quick service but young and old I am 61 and it has all i need and believe me i have fun try it you will get hooked like me i can not wait to get back but if you do dont take my room its no 400 have a good time roger"

• Travel date: Sat 13th of October 2007

nice and cosy

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"Just got back from a beach and bush expedition in kenya. excellent country ! The amboseli game reserve is simply breathtaking. Managed to get close range snaps of the snow peaked kilimanjaro.

In mombasa stayed at Kenya bay on the Bamburi beach, nice hotel and extremely friendly staff, including bakari the gardner, speaks many languages including german ! Booked directly through the hotel website and got an immediate confirmation by email. Part of the hotel was being renovated and looked like a major renovation, managed to get a peek and the renovated new rooms looked like any 4 star in Dubai! We stayed in the garden wing which was also quite pleasant and spacious, and contrary to an earlier review, we did get a double bed. Food quality was high although the selection was slightly limited, i guess this was due to the low season. All in all, it was a great holiday and a pleasure being in bamburi one of the greatest beach locations in Africa.

The staff made us so welcome and we will definitely stay at this hotel again and hope that the new rooms will be ready by then."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2007

Loved the Kenya Bay Beach Hotel

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I had read the reviews of Kenya Bay Beach Hotel on Trip Advisor and decided to check it out for my self - Here are the findings after a three day very relaxing holiday.

1. The hotel does need a refurbishment and i was thrilled to see that the management has actually started refurbishing the place - I was taken on a small tour of the works in progress and was very excited to see the rooms and especially the bathrooms being upgraded to 5 star luxury!

2. The german lady who i understand is head of the management at Kenya Bay is a pleasant person and helpful - The staff is very friendly and also very helpful. My personal thanks to Mina for making my stay a truly memorable one - I will be back!
David the Head waiter also deserves a special thanks.

3. Food is good and fresh - as as reported by others earlier, it does have an asian european theme.

4. Entertainment - typical Kenyan, acrobats dancers etc but Kenya Bay is located right next to (1) Il covo (2) Yuls (3) Kahama Hotel - so go ahead an entertain your self in any of these places.

All in all I would recommend this hotel for a fabulous holiday to Kenya at a very afordable price and in a great locational at the north coast! The hotel website is kenyabay.com and i believe you can make direct bookings with the hotel via email and the website."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of September 2007

Loved it

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"We have just come back from 2 fantastic weeks at this hotel. I was a bit unsure as no british tour operators use the hotel but I had a good feeling.
We arrived to be greeted by Mina & a very welcomed fruit juice, checked in with Stella (both really welcoming) & then escorted to our rooms. My first reaction was 'have I made a mistake' - the hotel looked 'tired' & in need of some TLC. Anyway rooms were fine. Went to the pool & it was empty (of people not water!!) we then realised half of the hotel was closed for rennovation & David (our waiter informed us there was only about 20 guests!! It must have taken about 1hr for us all to totally relax and appreciate that a lick of paint was not going to make much difference & we were going to love this place!!

Rooms - We stayed in the 'deluxe' rooms - which are not deluxe by UK standards.....but this is not the UK. They were spotlessly cleaned every day.

Food - Buffet style, not a huge choice but always very nice - an indian/asian theme very apparent

Entertainment - typical Kenyan, acrobats dancers etc - very low key.

Staff - Amazing

Hotel in general - Needs a bit of TLC - but if you can look past the faded whitewash......it's fabulous.

We had decided to renew our wedding vows & Mina helped so much - it was a fabulous day. The chef also did a small BBQ in our honour.

All in all I would recommend this hotel for a fabulous 'no frills' holiday to Kenya"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2007

Indian Ocean Oasis

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"We stayed at the KBBH in July. The hotel was undergoing renovations, so we were put in the suites. We had a nice room with a view of the Indian Ocean. Mosquito nets were in the suites. The beach access at KBBH was better than some of the other hotels that were also located on the ocean. The dinner buffet was reasonably priced and there was a good variety of options. We would definitely go back again. You can't beat free internet access! Only complaint was that I had to pay to use the iron (??)."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

Fantastic!

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I would like to extend my utmost gratitude and thanks to your hotel. Our stay there was fabulous and everything was as described on the website! We had a wonderful time and I would like to commend the staff for their professionalism. The buffet breakfast was to die for and the entertainment was great! I will recommend this hotel to all my family and friends, I will be back! Debbie, Texas, USA."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of April 2007

Enjoyed Our Stay at Kenya Bay Beach Hotel

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Kenya Bay Beach Hotel two weeks ago and im happy to report that we had a really pleasant time. The hotel website is kenyabay,com where we had booked directly. The managress of the hotel is a friendly german lady who really made us feel welcome. The hotel is located very close to the Whitesands Beach Hotel and is right next to the Ilcovo Italian Restaurant.
The hotel has a kiddie centre and also a small childrens pool which is located near the larger pool so i could swim and also watch my 5yr old son nearby.
The food was very good and, in my opinion, overall the place is extremely good value for money. Would we stay there again? Deffinately yes!"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of March 2007

Not a great hotel

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"The Kenya Bay Beach Hotel is okay in a crunch and for a very short stay. I would not recommend it for a lenghty stay. We were there Jan. 15 and 16, 2007. I agree with a previous reviewer that the staff has little control over anything. You have to speak to the one manager who is on duty and she doesn't seem to keep regular hours. I was on the bed and breakfast plan and the food was okay, but each day it was the same. And not that this has anything to do with the hotel itself, but the flies around the restaurant are horrifiic, almost unbearable. You have to watch your food and drink AT ALL TIMES. I also didn't like that the hotel has a lot of cats and those cats can be aggressive sometimes, sitting by your feet and in one instance climbing up on the side of my chair!

I also agree that the music by the pool could change up every now and then. It's all American all the time. It would be nice to hear some Kenyan music.

Not all of the rooms have mosquito nets, and they need them. We went over to the Serena Mombasa Hotel one night for dinner. Now that's a hotel!"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of January 2007

Not great!

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"This hotel is not worth the price. For starters, all the rooms have only 2 single beds (not nice for us newlyweds) - no doubles available! Unfortunately, the mattresses on the beds are OLD and VERY uncomfortable. We were both bitten by bugs, even with mosquito net in place. Air conditioning was not working the firt night we were there, and the front desk refused to move us to another room! I think this hotel is poorly run because the staff have absolutely no power to do anything for guests, everything has to be requested through the ONE manager on site, who is rarely available. The beach was full of seaweed and i cut my foot on some garbage when swimming in the ocean. The pool closes at 6 pm and opens at 9. The food was ok, but limited selection and the same thing every day. Lastly, the hotel insists on blaring the same twenty terrible pop songs repeatedly over the loudspeaker all day long.... save your money and try somewhere else!!"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of January 2007

Hotels near Kenya Bay Beach Hotel

Stayed at Kenya Bay Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Kenya Bay Beach Hotel is also called