About Sol Taba Red Sea

• tv channel one russia
  • diving

brilliant hotel

Reviewed Mon 4th of October 2010

"had a wonderfull holiday. staff are very polite .and the food was brilliant entertianment by pool funny say thanks to baddoo. "

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of October 2010

Firstly I would like to say that I am a...

Reviewed Mon 6th of October 2008

"Firstly I would like to say that I am a world traveller and have visited and eaten throughout the globe so I would like to think I am giving a fair review. I am also not a fussy drinker or eater.

I have to say on first impressions the grounds and layout are impressive. The resort itself is litter free and spotlessly clean. The resort is very large so lesser abled visitors should not stay here, its was a ten min walk from our block to reception.
The room I have to say was very spacious, basic and clean. The water pressure is non existent and the lighting is a night mare as it is very dim. Hats off to the cleaner though, no moans there, apart from having to pay for the minibar. Try and ask for a first floor room as they are bigger and have fantastic views of the surrounding mountains. I was overlooking the cactus bar pool.
The beach was an absolute disappointment, it was extremely small and overcrowded and unless you are up at 6 you do not have a chance of getting a sardine tin sunbed. However the snorkelling was amazing. If you want a bed around the pool , tip the pool man, money talks remember, he will chuck your towel down every morning.
Ladies you have been warned! If you go with your girlfriends as I did, tell the waiters that you are married even if single. I had waiters professing their undying love in the Dome and my breast was actually rubbed by a waiter in the god awful casablanca! this put me off the restaurants as much as the food! These members of staff let down the obviously dilligent cleaners and hard working managers.
This hotel has simply not grasped the all inclusive concept. It could be such a successful place but the ill choice of food recipes, (themed nights a joke!) the embarassingly inept animation team and lack of good food and drink I can honestly say it let itself down in every way. In conclusion if its good, then you have to pay, if its repetitive slop food and left overs from the night before, its in the all inclusive package. A single shot of baileys from the lobby bar was £4.60! If you like cheap branded , watered down spirits and beer you are ok, the wine is nothing short of warm vinegar. A single shot of any branded spirit drink? £5.60. A bottle of basic wine from the lobby bar? £16.00. Rip off. I spent more money here on diving (the only saving grace, the Red Sea) and eating out and drinks then I did going to Sandals in St Lucia in January. You want excellent all inclusive? Look elsewhere.
With all the places to eat detailed in the brochure, you basically have the dome and the citadel buffet restaurants serving the same food. I sat with my friend in the Casablanca and there was noone else, why we had to reserve 24 hrs in advance I have no idea, the food was indescribable, well absolute rubbish. we should have heeded the advice of a couple who left their meal and whispered "dont even bother". I lasted 3 days until I couldn't stomach anymore. Meatballs and peppers for breakfast anyone?
I then spent the rest of the hol. eating in naama bay but still did not escape the ruthless tummy upset. You will only get rid of it by using antinal the Egyptian anti biotic, trust me, dont even waste good money taking out English tummy upset remedies. However in true old fashion Egyptian culture, you have to also haggle for your drugs as well as everything else. Money money money thats all they want. For female hygiene products ladies, I was asked for ten english pounds for a small packet which I promptly threw back at the shop owner. I never get upset tummys anywhere but here everyone got it. The heat is also merciless, I certainly wouldnt put a young child through the hassle, heat and tummy upsets, it was nearly in the 50's during the day and late 30's at night. Also parents don't let your teenage daughters out here, the taxi drivers had their hands up our friends skirt before she could sit down. By the way pay NO MORE than 20 egyptian to go to Naama bay, they will go up to 60 if you let them. If you are uncomfortable in haggling ,either choose another location or you will be skint.
If you are a benidorm enthusiast and think that this is an uprgrade because of it's price then you will love this resort, personally I would not return and will keep my loyalty to Sandals and the like. If you enjoy luxury and full all inclusive at an excellent standard do not go here. I would not like to single out Sonesta however, from reports of guests staying at other places it seems to be the same old story. The resort of Sharm I believe reminds me of Southend on Sea with the addition of heat, hassling men and shisha's. I will only return to this place on a liveaboard to dive as diving seems to be the only thing that doesn't involve hassle, sexual assaults and endless demands for money.
So, due to to the abysmal food, the unpalatable drink and the trots, I not only lost pounds, the paper kind, I now dont need to join weight watchers, I actually lost weight rather than gained it! Always a silver lining.."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of October 2008

I found that this hotel was lot further...

Reviewed Fri 29th of August 2008

"I found that this hotel was lot further out of the way than i had expected it to be, so to get into taba or dahard that would take about half an hour, so if it is going out and about that you want, then i don't recommend this at all as your stay will be hotel based.
The standard of accommodation was good, my room was clean and spacious with a view to the pool and the sea. It had a TV and a small fridge in the room also.
The pool and beach area had adequate amount of sun loungers and umbrellas with beach towel service included.
The beach was great for snorkeling.
The entertainment could be a lot better because everyday was the same as it got a bit repetitive after a few days.
The most disappointing thing about the stay was the food. I found that the quality and the standard of the food being served was poor and in the main dinning room (parima), it was awful because the food kept running out and it took ages for it to be replenished. The choice was also poor. The drink service was OK but again the standards weren't good.
To sum up about meal times at this hotel, it was unpleasant and unenjoyable!!
There were a few gift shops at the hotel that can be quite expensive so do barter on prices.
Overall, this hotel has been a let down and does not deserve 5 star, shall not be returning any time soon.

• Travel date: Fri 29th of August 2008

The hotel was very remote, nothing else...

Reviewed Sun 13th of July 2008

" The hotel was very remote, nothing else in the area unless you get a taxi which costs about £20 Food was very repetitive same food served up evening time in different dishes. Chicken was under cooked and hardly any meat on it. Had a stomach upset from 3rd day which lasted until I got home. Not enough places to sit at night so ended up going back to the room. Staff were friendly and helpful but had my mobile stolen from my room so make sure you use the safe!
Will not be returning to this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

we arrived( party of 9, 4 adults, 4 chil...

Reviewed Thu 26th of June 2008

"we arrived( party of 9, 4 adults, 4 children and a baby) the hotel and its staff were the best i have ever experienced in a well travelled life.
everything about this resort is first class, i really cant think of going anywhere else and neither do the children.

dont take any notice of negative comments, who cares about taxi fares when you are staying somewhere so good, why go elsewhere.
who cares about the price of a chocolate or missing macdonalds. why do these people bother to go, they should stay at home or go to benidorm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Sonesta Beach Resort and its staff are all A1 "

• Travel date: Thu 26th of June 2008

It took over an hour to be issued with v...

Reviewed Sun 13th of April 2008

"It took over an hour to be issued with visa’s etc in the airport and another 20mins sat on the coach waiting for all the other coaches to be filled. All the coaches were then escorted, in convey, off the airport (security measure). It took around 1hour to reach the hotel. The transfer was uncomfortable, we were crammed onto a minibus and the pile of luggage that had been wedged in at the back almost buried one of the passengers as the bus came to a stop.

The check in at the hotel was good and the bar and reception area looked impressive. The room was clean and of a good size. There was a small fridge, TV, hair dryer, shower over bath. There were a few shops onsite selling a small selection of confectionary, cigarettes, beachwear and jewellery. The nearest shops were in the next resort 20mins away.

The beach was clean and there were activities such as volleyball, pedalo’s, canoe’s, snorkelling and diving and speedboat and banana rides. Most of the sunbeds and parasols were reserved by 6.30am so it was an early start or take pot luck (the area nearest the water sports was less busy).

The food was very poor and repetitive. We had an upset stomach for half of the holiday. The wines and spirits were poor and the soft drinks warm. There was only one bar near the pool serving drinks throughout the day which often meant queuing.

I would not visit this hotel or area again as have experienced much higher standards of all inclusive in Sharm el Sheikh and Hurgharda.

• Travel date: Sun 13th of April 2008

The rooms were clean and of a good size....

Reviewed Fri 11th of April 2008

"The rooms were clean and of a good size. There was a small fridge, TV with poor reception, hair dryer, shower over bath. The hotel sold bottles of soft drinks and water for around £1. There were a few shops onsite selling chocolate and crisps (over priced), cigarettes, snorkels, toys camels etc (the cigarettes were cheaper at the airport but they only had a limited selection).

The beach was over run with Russians and if you wanted a sun bed you had to be up at the crack of dawn as they were down there with their towels at 6am!! The Brits retreated to the far end of the beach next to the watersports area leaving the Russians with a clear route to the pool side bar where they congregated throughout the day attempting to drink it dry.

The beach was nice and the snorkelling around the reef was fascinating – beach shoes are a must and can be purchased for £5 in the hotel shop. The Bedouins set up camp daily at the perimeter of the beach which was guarded around the clock by a security guard. They offered kaftans and scarves that were £5 (most things were ‘five English pounds’!!) At the end of the day they could be seen counting up their takings and catching up on the days gossip on their mobile phones!!

The food in the all inclusive restaurants (floors 1 and 4) was very poor. The salad bar included some yogurt based salads, bowls of iceberg lettuce, cold rice mixed with chunks of frankfurter sausages and cabbage swimming in oil. The main dishes were poor – the meat sparse in some dishes or of very poor quality. We witnessed one of the staff take out a lump of gristly meat and throw it on the floor behind where the food was served. The chicken was very poor quality and under cooked – we had eaten some of it before realising that the meat near the bone was bloody. Mashed potato and mixed vegetables served hot at lunchtime were served that night at dinner mixed together as a cold salad.

Breakfast was poor the only fruit available was tinned melon with roughly chopped orange pieces in it. The scrambled eggs were watery, the bread stale and the pastries very dry.

There was only one bar outside serving drinks which created large queues. The mixers were warm and the local spirits and wines were like paint stripper. The beer was served half a small beaker at a time. Ice creams were served for 1 hour after lunch, the fridge was unclean.

Not being able to face the slops in the canteen style dining areas we ordered from the room service menu. The cheese and tomato toastie was not toasted, the bread was stale and the garnish inedible.

Most of the guests we had spoken to had complained at the poor quality food. Several had also complained of upset stomachs – Imodium is essential!!

The Italian restaurant onsite provided slightly better food. There is also a fish restaurant.

The animation team offered a full program of entertainment; volley ball, water aerobics, bingo in the disco from 9.30pm. There is a tennis court, spa, small gym and a small climbing frame area and club for the kids.

• Travel date: Fri 11th of April 2008

just stayed at the Sonesta Beach Hotel i...

Reviewed Wed 5th of March 2008

"just stayed at the Sonesta Beach Hotel in Taba for the 3rd time, this hotel just keeps getting better!!!!! the staff are surpurb, nothing is to much trouble, the hotel is very quiet, but this is what i want, the food is good you can always find something to suit your palette, i would recommend this hotel for a quiet relaxing break, i am going back later this year as i enjoyed myself so much!!!! do try the massage, it is wonderful, the best i ever had"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of March 2008

Fabulous Holiday! It was a late arrival...

Reviewed Sun 3rd of February 2008

"Fabulous Holiday!

It was a late arrival, they had put on a late supper for the guests which was a good start. We was taken to our room which was very spacious and well decorated.

There are 2 pools, one very quiet and peaceful up on a terrace and the other in the main area which had music playing and a bar. Stunning surroundings, sea view from the room and the pool!

The hotel is directly on a private beach, plenty of sun loungers available and amazing coral reefs just 50m out in the sea.

The staff could not do enough to help you and were all very friendly, some speaking very good english.

The meals were plentiful and there was a good selection avaiable.

Cant wait to go back!"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of February 2008

We went to Sonesta Beach resort for our...

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2007

"We went to Sonesta Beach resort for our honeymoon, although they knew this there weren’t any special niceties in our room that we were told to expect. Although we really enjoyed the holiday itself, we were misguided and we weren't told about the dangers in the sea, how best to enter and exit, as it was protected marine area. We could have been badly injured by negligence. The reps were more interested in selling the expensive excursions to get their commission on these.

Other than that the hotel itself was perfectly clean, the rooms were tip top, and the pool areas were well kept. The entertainment team did a good job, but if I had taken the children on this holiday, they would have been bored. Nothing for them to do during the day, in their defence it was out of season, but no excuse, you pay your money, and you should get the service.

The food was cooked to a high standard and was well presented, a bit repetitive but to a high standard none the less. The catering crew were most helpful, always on hand with more drinks and clearing the tables, very welcoming and friendly. We really enjoyed our holiday; it is after all what you make it. Made some good friends, and would go again.

• Travel date: Thu 13th of December 2007

On entering the hotel, it is very grand...

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2007

"On entering the hotel, it is very grand and clean, and the staff are really nice and helpful.
The rooms were grubby, not really what I had in mind for a 4 star resort.

The weather was fantastic, but you would have to get up at least 6am to get a bed especially on the beach. People seemed to put anything from stones to tea towels on the bed to reserve them, and as I was on my holidays I didn’t want to get up that early.

There is nothing around the resort so it’s ideal if you just want to chill.

The evening entertainment was rubbish. We played bingo with tooth picks one night and then just gave up and watched TV instead, it was that bad. And there wasn’t that many British guests so we didn’t really speak to many other guest (they were Russian guests).

The food was ok, something for everyone, but did get boring. It was like a rugby scrum trying to get food (alot of people seemed to forget their manners!).

On the last day, we had asked what time we had to leave our room and were told we could stay in all day, this was not the case. They tried to charge us $50 for extended room time. We didn’t have to pay, as it was there mistake, so be careful.

I would go to Taba again but I would not go to the Sonesta.

• Travel date: Wed 17th of October 2007

Wow!!!! This is the best holiday I have...

Reviewed Wed 3rd of October 2007

"Wow!!!! This is the best holiday I have ever been on and I would recommend the hotel to anyone. I had an amazing time, and I have just booked to return again.

There was only two bad points.

1. The flight. Very cramped, first choice should have had first class section on flight, but never mind.
2. The holiday wasn't long enough (need more than 2 weeks :( ).

To begin with my rep Shelly was very good. Very enthusiastic about her job and helped us as much as she good.

As we arrived at the hotel I was stunned by how beautiful it was outside. Beautiful flowers surrounded the entrance, and the reception area was beyond 5 star. We were greeted by a bellman who took our luggage and lead us to reception desk. We were then offered a refreshment, and the receptionist took our passports to check us in. He spoke very good english, and was very polite. He treated us like royalty.

Next was our room. Our bags were brought to us, 3-5minutes after arriving in the room. The bellman was very polite. I tipped him a small tip, and he was very thankful. Our room was very clean, smelt nice and was actually quite cool. Most hotel rooms are hot until the air con is switched on, but this hotel has done that for us. The room was nicely set up, with everything we needed. The wardrobe was nice and large, but only a few hangers were available. We took our own anyway. The bed was so comfortable, very firm and rather big. The bathroom was beautiful. Excellent condition and the shower was brilliant.

The food was excellent. There was a lot of choice, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You always left feeling full. At around 4pm there was also snacks available. The food tasted very nice, and usually I am very picky about food. Rice was served along with pasta, at lunch and dinner. And fresh soup and rolls were also provided. Only thing I missed was bacon, but there was always lots of chicken, beef and fish. The service in the restaurant was fantastic. At breakfast drinks were selfserve, but dinner and lunch you will be greeted by a very polite waiter. All they expect is a thank you.

The pool area was very clean, and I absolutely loved it. In the morning and from 1-3 it was very quiet. The towel boys are lovely, always take your towels to where you would like to sit, brush the sunbeds down and place you towel in place - not one of them expected a tip. The sunbeds were comfortable and I fully enjoyed every moment.

The animation team though, made my holiday as good as it was. They are all very very friendly, and try their best to entertain you. Sheiko, Jamaica, Mavo, Hani, and Kareka. Lovely gentleman, who were always happy and smiling. I will miss all of the a lot.

Evening entertainment was always good. Some nights the hotels brought in entertainers, but other nights the animation team did the shows. And they did them brilliantly. They are all very talented.

I would recommend this holiday mainly to couples, although they do have a kids club for children. It not really a holiday for young, single people and the nightlife is low key. But I will be returning in April."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of October 2007