This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Radisson Blu Resort

Good

Would choose other hotel in Taba

Reviewed Thu 9th of June 2011

"We recently stayed in this hotel and had very mixed feelings on it.

If you are thinking of going to this hotel, i would recommend you pick one of the other hotels in 'taba heights' which in in the main part of taba. as the other hotels have more of a holiday resort feeling to them, with hotels, shops, entertainment etc. however this hotel has nothing around it. you only have to hotel, bar, restaurant,pool and your room. I thought this would be great, but we found our evenings very boring. There was no enetertainment, and nothing to do except drink alcohol, which stopped at 11 or 12 at night.

The pool was VERY cold, but once you took the plunge you could get used to it. Although, it was completly full of bugs, lots of wasps, flies and cockcroaches could be seen swimming around you- this was only in the deeper side of the pool as no one went into this part coz it was so cold!

The all inclusive was good, with a great selection of deserts. however, if you stayed more than a week, i can imagine it would get very boring with the same things!

You get alot of the staff coming round to sell you excursions, massages, and beauty treatments. DO NOT book a beauty treatment! We booked for a pedicure, which we were told would involve a little foot massage. when having it done, the man went to put polish on and i asked why there was no massage like the man selling it had said. The man doing my pedicure then started arguing with the man who sold me the massage. He obviously did the massage after this but you could see he was very unhappy to do it. The main reason I advise against the massage is due to the razor they use to take off the dead skin on your feet. They cut my feet using it, and it was very painful to walk on! When chatting to the two men about the treatments, they told us youtube is the best place for them to learn how to do it. Which is obviously very reassuring when you have a cut foot and a razor sharp blade against it! It was also very odd to get it done by a man wearing jeans....maybe a more professional approach would be better!

We went on an excusion with one of the egyptian men called Saeed. He was a fantastic tour guide! he went to alot of effort to make sure everyone was happy, and it was great that he took all our pictures for us on our camera. I defiantly recommend booking with him!

The room was great, it was HUGE! nice big bed, with a great view of the pretty gardens. The room service was also exceptional! He went to alot of effort everyday to make the bed with animals, and straighten/tidy our things up.

So although we had the one bad experience in the beauty salon, everything else was good. I enjoyed my time at the hotel, but feel another hotel would be better as there would be something to do in the evening. "

• Travel date: Tue 7th of June 2011

avoid unless its a very cheap deal, even then pack low expectations

Reviewed Wed 24th of November 2010

"I saw the "Radisson" name and figured this would be a decent stay, I've travelled the world east to west and stayed in a few before but it seems the BLU brand or at least the Radisson Blu in Taba is a mere shadow of what one expects of a hotel that's supposed to be five stars.

Luckily for me we were there to scuba dive so only had to eat at the hotel in the morning and at night for 6 of our 7 days, the food was very poor, repetitive and sub standard, it was on par with 3 star at best, if it had been a paid for restaurant it would have been empty it was so poor, on the plus side there were plenty of staff on who were efficient and friendly though but sadly it didn't make up for below average food.

The all inclusive spirits to drink were local copies (I use the term loosely) of named brands like fenland vodka (instead of finlandia) and tasted like they were made of chemicals, I couldn't drink them so had to stump up £4-£5 for a finlandia vodka, the price kept changing depending who served me, the bar was adequate but certainly not 4 or 5 star, the service here was terrible, they let russians push in, they served women instantly (prettier ones got served faster than not so pretty too) and spent way too much time talking to them clearly trying to charm them... all very boring when waiting 7-10 minutes to get served when there are three barmen on and around 5 men waiting to be served THAT slow!!

the hotel shops selling toiletries had no prices on anything, I ended up paying 50 egyptian (over £5) for two snickers and cheap plastic toothbrush, everything I picked up seemed to come to 50 Egyptian pounds, felt ripped off here again.

on our final night we couldn't even face eating there so decided to go to the flying carpet restaurant in taba heights which is approx 4-5 minute drive away and so asked the hotel to order us a taxi, I was told it would be $25 return, which bearing in mind this is egypt is a joke, the cash machine in the hotel had 20, 40, 60, 80 egyptian pounds as default settings which is around £2, £4 etc. so you can see how much things actually cost the Egyptians .. I felt the hotel were ripping me off wiht this $25 return fare but I actually couldn't face another night of hotel food so paid it, only to walk out and see them NOT pay the taxi drive the money I just had to give the guy, no doubt he'd see $5 if he was lucky.

will NEVER and I repeat NEVER stay in a Radisson hotel again unless the only other choice is a flea pit type hotel, I despise being ripped off and this stay was not value for money, food was terrible, hotel was NOT 5 star in any way and being ripped $25 for 10 minutes of taxi rides is a joke in Egypt.

Radisson should be ashamed to have their name on this hotel, the local (english dive instructors etc. said the Hyatt and Marriott were the best hotels there so check those out! as this one is ok for a clean room to rest your head but it would have been a very long week stuck here eating 3 meals per day if we hadn't been diving in the day!)

• Travel date: Wed 24th of November 2010

Dont Ever Go There

Reviewed Mon 13th of September 2010

"1. the royal suite does not have a path rope or sleeper as mentioned in there site.

2. the food in the restaurant is the worth part - the first hotel in the world that i visit which don't have white honey in the breakfast menu when i asked for some they got me 2 small packs on a plate and given it to me like drugs so no other guest can notice - the daily menu they put in front of the restaurant never the same and when i ask why they said it is changble i told them then remove it and there was no reply - the first hotel i see some person standing to cut the chicken and beef to the gusts to a very small peacs and if you ask for more you got a very bad look - the first place i see the chicken shaurma made with the chicken skin on it apart from that the food has no test at all and i suggest to you the chef of a very close hotel to you called soly mar sea star and it is 4 stars only but the chef there can teach your kitchen stuff a lot.

3. my daughter cougt a fly inside the desert cake.- my other daughter saw a rate in the corridor to our room and my lucky sun saw a cockroach in the restaurant WC i have a photo of all that stuff including the trash can of that WC where all the toilet paper falling out of it to the floor and i will put theme all in all the traveler site .

5.i wanted to watch a very important football match in the african champions league on 29/8 and i told them that from the first day i arrived to the hotel - at the day of the match they were hunting the maintanance stuff to do any thing but i ended up calling my friends in cairo to know the result while i am staying in a 5 stars hotel does not have 1 cable channel - by the way i was watching the african cup of nations while i was in malysia and thailand over 14 hoeurs flying ?

4. on my first day i went to the cuccina restaurant asking if i can have my dinner here i was told by the inch urge no those people are paying more money ?

5. on my last day i was standing on the pool bar waiting for a drink and 1 of the recreation team ask the bartender for soda he told him use the soda machine then he looked at him and insist to got the soda from the bottle then the bartender told him in front of me don't wary we are not mixing it with water any more ?

5 . the animation team i don't mind if they are funny or not it is a matter of test but what made me mad is one of the team is an Egyptian guy his name is turkey all what his doing is chasing the very young girls 14-15 yrs old and touching there body inside the sweeming pool which is not profficinal at all from a member of the animation team at any decent hotel in the world.

6. one day during my stay i went to the mirage restaurant at lunch time and there were so many guests waiting for an ice cream and no one of the stuff attending for about 10 minutes i went from the stuff entrance at the back an i found all the three stuff of the restaurant sleeping inside and when they saw me they panic and told me sorry we all very tiered because we are fasting ?

that is some of the bad points at your hotel not all because i cant remember the rest of the negatives and to be honest there are very few plus points like the people working on the beach and pool bar and coral bar they are working very hard and mr . taha the front office manager he is very profficnal .

as you see most of the negative points shows that there is no management follow up to there stuff any where in the hotel

• Travel date: Mon 13th of September 2010

Fabulous Relaxing Week with Radisson

Reviewed Mon 21st of June 2010

"I stayed for 1 week in June and had a lovely time.
I've just read a previous review for about the same time and cannot believe they were at the same hotel!

I'll begin at arrival...do not expect much from Taba airport, it's small but it does the job. The rep met us and we went to our coach. Within about 30 mins all the coaches were on their way to Taba. The sun setting gave a pinky glow to the mountains we meandered around as the road descended to the coast.
45 minutes later we arrived at the Radisson Blu (holiday watchdog needs to update the hotel name!). As we entered the reception we were handed a delicious fruity drink and ushered to a side room where we filled in a form and were handed our key and towel cards. It was easy and efficient. We then pointed out our bags to the porters who took our room number. Then we were directed to our room and within 20 minutes our bags arrived.

The room was lovely. We had booked early so chosen the upgrade to the marine club room. From our balcony we could see across the hotel and out to sea, Saudi Arabia twinkles at night. The bed was big, the room was cool and the bathroom was perfect. It was clean and smelled fresh. A lovely quirk was the towel art created on the bed each day by the staff - my favourite was the crocodile.

The food is as expected at an all inclusive. Do your research and don't expect a gourmet banquet every night. I would say it was one of the best all inclusives I've done. We weren't even tempted to pay for the a la carte. Egyptian night is good. Various kebabs and sticky sweets. They even provided entertainment by way of a whirling Dirvish who's outfit lit up! I recommend the pancakes at breakfast and the pastry array was good.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They did occasionally come round the loungers and try to sell excursions or spa packages but they excepted a no and I think we were only approached a couple of times in our week. Not at all hassled by them.

I loved the pool. The staff were always keeping it clean and tidy. The best part was the swim up bar! I've never been to a hotel with one before and found it was the perfect way to cool off - cool water and a cool beer.
I never struggled to find a sun lounger that had what I wanted.
As for the beach, it again comes down to doing your research. The area is know for reefs so don't expect perfect white sands. Although the jetty no longer exists, they have placed large plastic tiles to enable you to get into the water without walking across the rocks (look for the camel, it's near there). The snorkling off the beach is incredible! I was amazed that I could see such tropical fish so close to the hotel. I recommend the boat trips organised by First Choice/Thompson. We did the VIP trip and did 3 fantastic snorkle dives off an amazing luxury speedboat.

The location of the Radisson is down the coast from the Taba heights complex. We went there on a Friday night for the "music festival". It was a good night. We stopped in the shisha tent, where the owner was friendly and got us involved by getting me dressed up in traditional bedouin gear.

Petra, go! I can't even begin to describe how this place blew me away. It's a long day but worth it.

There's not much to do that won't cost a lot (excursions) so this is a place for relaxing really. It was exactly what I wanted. I had a fantastic week and if I ever return to Taba, I will definitely be booking this hotel!

Best for couples wanting to relax in a friendly atmosphere with everything provided."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of June 2010

WORST HOLIDAY EVER

Reviewed Fri 4th of June 2010

"We booked the Radisson holiday through First Choice's website and the hotel was not was described at all for the following reasons:

· The food we were served for both lunch and dinner barely changed, We were glad we hadn’t booked to stay for 2 weeks to be served with the same food as the first night every night! The food was also very bland. If you have children their food each night will be dried out tomato pasta and chicken hot dogs.

· The beach was man-made and described as a sandy beach, nothing was mentioned about the rocks that covered the shoreline out to sea for approximately 2 meters and also went quite a way into the seabed. We were unable to go into the sea for this reason as we felt it was a hazard, at the VERY least you would need to wear some type of shoes to protect your feet from sharp edges. We have double-checked the brochure and the Internet site and notice that the rocks are conveniently hidden on the pictures. Apparently their used to be a jetty of some kind but they took that away.

· The entertainment was completely shocking, the first night consisted of some sort of riverdance including only 3 people and would say lasted no longer than 30 minutes before music was played on it’s own from a CD whilst people sat around wondering what on earth was going on. The second night was the same people as the first night doing an African dance to a CD that add skipped and eventually cut out. After this, on the third night we decided to skip the entertainment and have a few drinks in the bar, only to be told at 11pm that they were no longer serving drinks. There was about 4 members of an animation team that came up with this rubbish.....what a waste of money!

· We found we were unable to find an empty sunlounger after 9am either in the sun or the shade, we could understand if it was down to the fact that they were full of people but we quickly realised that some of the guests had loungers on BOTH the beach and by the pool and were swapping between them. On one occasion a couple next to us had 2 loungers in the shade and 2 in the sun and stayed on the ones in the sun for the majority of the day, the fact that the hotel provides beach towels and also allows people to use their own is just asking for this type of behaviour.

· We were constantly hassled by the pool and on the beach by hotel staff trying to get us to spend money on excursions and in the health club, when we say hassled we mean asked the same things at least 5 times a day, not what either of us would call relaxing. We eventually ended up giving in to get rid of these people and have to say that the massage was not at all relaxing, the "spa" facilities in the health club were far from clean, we turned on the Jacuzzi (hot tub)and soon saw a collection of dead skin gathering on the surface.....disgusting.

· On one of the evenings we were sat at the bar having a few drinks when 2 girls came in wearing extremely short skirts and very high shoes which made them stand out to start with, we noticed that they weren’t wearing their all inclusive bands and thought it a little strange considering that every other person in the hotel was wearing them. There were 2 men serving behind the bar and the girls asked one of them for a drink, at this he refused and said no because “they did not go to his room last night”, we were unable to hear the next part of the conversation but then one of the bar men disappeared for around 15 minutes with one of the girls and funnily enough when he came back the girls were able to have drinks again. We did discuss this with another guest at the hotel who was fairly friendly with a member of the animation team who had told him that they were in fact prostitues. Neither of us are people that would jump to conclusions but after what we saw ourselves I think it makes this a fairly obvious conclusion! It is an absolute disgrace that this type of behaviour can go on in a FAMILY hotel.

· At our evening meal in Olivio's restaurant we arrived usually around 8pm, every night except one we had no cutlery at any of the tables and had to ask at least twice each night to get a bottle of mineral water, very poor service for a supposed 5* hotel.

· On our last day we were told that we had to vacate our hotel room by 12pm, which we were absolutely fine with and understand that the rooms need to be cleaned for the next guests. Upon checkout just before 12pm, we were told that our all-inclusive service would be taken away at 2.30pm, we were getting picked up for our coach transfer at 6pm and our flight wasn’t until 10pm that night. As we were never told this before hand we had spent the bit of spending money that we had left so were left with no food, and even worse, no drinks from 2.30pm until 10.30pm on the plane, this is unacceptable especially in 40 degrees heat. We did explain the situation to a waiter and we were told that we could not have a drink. As far as we are concerned we paid for 7 nights all-inclusive not 6 and a half days, which is what we received.

I would like to say that our flights were absolutely fine and the staff here were friendly but we certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone, it's a complete waste of money and has ruined our summer holiday. Our room was also very clean at all times and we did tip the cleaner for doing such a great job.

I have raised all of the points with First Choice and hope that they take this hotel out of their brochure for next year!

• Travel date: Fri 4th of June 2010

Dear me . . .

Reviewed Thu 23rd of July 2009

"Well, high hopes were called for as a well traveled person with worldwide experience with Radisson. Sadly a massive disappointment. Il be honest and not over critical. Theres hardly anything to do unless you go on the trips which I feel are expensive for what you get. There is 1 bar open at night in the hotel, which is small, very small has about 20 4 seat tables thats it, and the"nightclub" is as small. So if your interested in doing anything after 12 midnight forget it here! During the day there are a couple of pool side bars open at 11 and 1 on the beach which shuts at tea time. The entertainment is usually some sort of dance collaboration by 5 or 6 staff who I admit put the effort in. The disco / 1 man karaoke thing is repetitive. There are a few shops in the hotel lobby, which if you need another pair of flip flogs, some egyptian nick nacks or greasy hand made perfume is the place to be! Forget buying cold drinks or food, the "shop" sells mars bars (Warm and melted) for a quid a go, pringles and warm pop. The food at the buffet is not the best (In my opinion) my parter made do with the pizza buffet during the day at the pool. The a la carte restaurant you have to pay in even if you are all inclusive, and the menu is the same every day and consists of 4 salads, 2 steak dishes, 1 chicken, and thats about it. This hotel is in the absolute middle of no where and takes an age to get to. The beach is man made (Sand on concrete) and the sea full of jelly fish. The water sports consist of snorkeling nothing else, no boats, no jet skis, no excitement allowed. The rooms are nice must admit, but around a 3* level and are not in the actual hotel. They are like 3 storey billets dotted around the main hotel building so you could end up a good walk away from the main hotel. The staff are friendly and kind and are always willing to help, but its pants to be fair. If you want a week away from EVERYTHING! this is the place, but I do mean everything. Not a place for the kids at all, they will be bored to death unless they just want to be at the pool every day and bored after 6pm. Overall a disappointing holiday, would never go back even if it was free. Dont worry about cash though, there is nothing at all to spedn it on unless you go on the long days traveling out on the day trips! And they are long, your miles away from everything, your 10 hours on a bus from the pyramids etc and luxor, and most trips they pick you up and take you on a 12 seater minibus with no luggage space so your cramped with your bags on your knees. Shame really, but I hear other resorts are great as they are with other hotels and shops etc.."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of July 2009

Absolutely fantastic!

Reviewed Mon 6th of July 2009

"I booked this holiday and was slightly scared by reading previous reviews, but i have to say, this holiday was definitely one of the best i have ever been on. The Radisson SAS is brilliant and the staff contribute majorly to this. They are friendly, polite, cheerful and always happy to help, no matter what the situation! The hotel is in Taba, which is in a quiet surrounding, but the mountains are gorgeous, the red sea is very salty but well worth a swim in, and the hotel has facilites and services which kill the boredom, so there is always something to do. There are lots of excursions offered, which are well worth doing, as i did absolutely loads, and don't regret it one bit. The food is on a themed night basis, so thereis always something new to eat, alcoholic drinks are alot stronger than those here, and the evening entertainment is amusing, although some nights it could drag. When we went, the weather was scorching, so alot of water is to be consumed, but the hotel has water drinking coolers everywhere and a handy tip is, when dealing with egyptian money, use hand sanitiser because i think that is where the upset tummys come from, due to there flithiness of the money. I would definitely recommend this resort and holiday to ANYONE! It really is brilliant and i haven't got a fault for it!!"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of July 2009

Having read some reviews before travelli...

Reviewed Thu 11th of September 2008

"Having read some reviews before travelling to Egypt I have to admit to being a little apprehensive. I need not have been. The hotel was fabulous. The staff were warm, welcoming, helpful and very friendly. The hotel and grounds were both clean and tidy and there was always an abundance of staff making sure it stayed that way. When we were there the hotel was fully booked and extremely busy but because of the grounds and the layout there was never a feeling of lack of space.
The food was very good and we managed to eat in the Italian Restaurant which was prebookable, so no queuing and plenty of attention from the staff.

I very seldom say this but I would return without hesitation. We were made to feel very special by all the staff even when they were working flat out.

A definite 10 out of 10 for the Radisson."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of September 2008

I wanted a week somewhere in the sun and...

Reviewed Sun 8th of June 2008

"I wanted a week somewhere in the sun and chill out and do as little as possible, in a nice envrionment. That's exactly what I got.

I was so impressed throughout our stay. The hotel staff cannot do enough for you. You always get acknowledged by every staff member. The rooms are very clean and spacious with very comfortable beds. The grounds are maintained very well, we saw staff working on them everyday. The standard and choice of food was excellent. The main restaurant offers a different theme every night. For a buffet service the quality of the food was faultless. They have an a la carte restaurant which you can pay a small supplement to dine in. I didn't get round to sampling this but by looking at the menu it looks like a seafood lover's paradise. They also have a snack bar by the pool which serves sandwiches, pizzas, chips etc.

The pool area was very clean and was constantly been cleaned throughout the day. I do find it hard to believe what I read in a previous post. The only thing I saw floating in the pool was a bunch of very happy holidaymakers. The long stretch of private beach was clean and had easy access as it is exclusive to the hotel guests. The hotel lobby was very spacious and clean with half a dozen shops selling mainly souvenirs and holiday essentials you may of forgotten to pack, be warned they aren't cheap and do take advantage of the fact that there is nowhere else near. I do agree with a previous poster regarding the evening entertainment. There is only 1 bar there with an egyptian guy singing who isn't the best singer in the world it can be quite amusing! I think another bar offering a more chilled out bakground music would be nice where you can have a drink and chat with your fellow guests. They had a nightclub open in the evening but always played the same style of music every night there was no variety.

They also had a great animation team which offered various activities throughout the day and evening. The spa which offers various massages and treatments is also very good value for money. You will find staff from the spa coming round the pool area during the day trying to give you the sales pitch. If you do book a treatment make sure you agree a price beforehand.

The only other thing which stops me from giving them a ten is that whilst room service was available they had no menu for the room service in the rooms.

I think the most important factor to consider before you book is that Taba is still a relatively small town and is still not yet geared up for mass tourism. Therefore everything is based around your hotel. However there are some excellent excursions on offer such as day trips to Cairo, Petra, Jerasulem to name just a few. Last but not least diving.

If you are looking for somewhere to relax in the sun with a couple of books blended in with a good quality accommodation, food and facilities then I highly recommend this. If you are looking for an 18 - 30's style holiday then this wouldn't be for you.

I work in the travel industry and have seen my fair share of good and bad hotels. I can assure anyone that this definitely falls into the good. Whilst in EU rating this may not be a 5* (more a 4*) it defintely deserves the 5* Egyptian rating. If you are worried about the food there is no need as there is something for all tastes. All the water they use to prepare their food is filtered so you are able to eat fresh fruit and vegetables. I did not suffer from any stomach complaints whilst I was there and nor did anyone else. People that moan about the quality of the food are perhaps better off enjoying the sun in Benidorm with their kiss me quick hats and have peace of mind that there is a McDonalds within a 2 minute walking distance!

There are very few hotels around the world which I would return to, the Radisson however is near to the top of my list to do so."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of June 2008

Took my two children (8 and 10) in the s...

Reviewed Tue 18th of March 2008

"Took my two children (8 and 10) in the school holidays. Never been to Egypt before and was not sure what to expect. I need not have worried. Anyone who finds reason to moan about this hotel is one of those people who goes on holiday just to spent two weeks moaning, or has had an isolated incident that tarnished thier view. From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we felt welcomed, valued as guests and safe. The food was excellent, even my two fussy eaters were happy. The room was clean, well furnished and it's the first time i have seen a hotel go to the effort of providing three separate beds for a single parent with two kids without me having to ask. The pool was superb, safe, clean and a perfect temperature. the private beach was clean and the snorkelling was out of this world. DON'T whatever you do miss the trips to Jerusalem/Dead sea, and Petra in Jordan, they are not cheap, and involved getting up very early, but were worth every penny. On the negative side......... can't think of anything to put here!! Where were all the rude Russians that people mention in their reviews?? I met a few very nice Polish people, very polite French people, and some very nice English people, but Russians.... Niet! Worth mentioning though that the hotel is not near a resort, but that is clear in the brochures, didn't feel the need to leave the hotel though, so it did not matter. All in all, best holiday I have ever had and I am well travelled. Can't wait to go back next year, and the year after, and the year after."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of March 2008

NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!! The Radisson SA ha...

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2007

"NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!! The Radisson SA has to be the worst resort I have ever been to. On booking the holiday we were advised that Taba Heights was very quiet, fantastic beaches, diving and lots to do. In fact the Radisson is not even in Taba Heights but in Taba. It sits a distance away from Taba Heights at the end of the run of hotels and next to some half built hotels. It is a fifteen minute shuttle or bus ride away, this doesn't sound much unless like in this case the shuttle bus is NOT INCLUDED in your package and they want to charge you £15 return trip. You cannot walk the route for various reasons, security and the heat would probably kill you!!

The hotel itself is in no way a 5 or 4 star resort for that matter. There are only two restaurants, one that seems to be for 'locals' and the other for tourists, both have a miserable selection of food. On our 1 week stay my partner passed out and had a severe stomach virus and we met three other people on the holiday who had been hospitalised.

Service: if you can call it service at the Radisson, pretty non-existent and the staff are very smiley but quite rude if you want something or have a complaint.

Cleanlinesss: the rooms are ok and cleaned every day, however the rooms are not in great shape and the noise from the air conditioning system is almost deafening. Catch 22, try to sleep in the heat which can reach 50 or try to sleep with the noise....

The pool areas are not very clean at all, in fact around the so called 'pool bar' area it was slimy and smelt of old feet. Not hygienic at all. Also you better get up early to catch a sunbed either on the beach or by the pool (that's if you fancy swimming in a pool with sanitary pads and faeces floating around in it). The sun beds are 'bagged' on a daily basis and at least a quarter of them sit with towels draped across them and no one actually uses them. It seems the clientèle have got used to this method and it seems to be the thing you do... that is if you are a brainless sheep with no regard for anyone else!

There is only one main lobby at the hotel and nothing to do as far as activities, the facilities offered are not in a good state. There are a few shops around the lobby and the shop keepers "psssst...." at you and say "hey where you from, you want to come my shop"... pretty much every time you walk past. The lobby is like one big living room of a large family and kids run around screaming and playing. Mums, dads, uncles, grandmas, grandpas and every other member of their associated families sit, stare and drink coffee, some the whole day and don't even venture outside.

The clientèle are NOT friendly at all, this hotel is very much used by people from Jordan, Egypt, Israel and there can be tension between them, there was some fighting on the beach and they don't seem to like or even try to communicate with anyone from European regions. There is no such thing as smile and a smile back, you just get a very odd disgruntled look back whenever you try to make a "good evening or good morning". The staff and holiday reps are quite happy to tell you this in conversation once you are there!!

We ended up upgrading to the Marriott, which is in Taba Heights and is fantastic, clean and the diving is wonderful. The Lazy Day Boat Trip was lovely and the Marine Centre was good too, at least there are people out there who are trying to preserve some of the coral reefs and sea life. Which at the end of the day is the main attraction for the area. Happy Holidays!!"

• Travel date: Tue 9th of October 2007

We have just returned (hols. 19th-26th M...

Good
Reviewed Fri 31st of August 2007

"We have just returned (hols. 19th-26th May)from Taba Heights after a holiday at the above hotel. We found the hotel to be comfortable and clean, most of the staff where very helpful, one or two had an attitude problem.

The hotel is ideally situated on the a long golden beach. During our stay the 'red' flag was out on three days so we could only enjoy the excellent snorkelling for 4days. The hotel is bright and airy, we found there to be a good selection of food catering for many nationalities. Wine and drinks are plentiful.

However, a few days into our holiday we heard uttering's of people within the hotel becoming ill with the 'Taba' trots, we are well travelled and stuck to only bottled water and ate a simple diet.

However on the last day of our holiday my husband started to feel queasy this we managed with medication, but since our return home we have both had persistent diarrhoea, stomach pains and I have also vomited on a number of occasions.

We had planned to return to the Radisson in October but after our experiences over the last week I don't think we will be now doing so.

There are so many positives about this hotel, its a shame that we have been left feeling uneasy about returning again, we heard many of our fellow travellers expressing the same view point."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of August 2007

Hotels near Radisson Blu Resort

Top traveller tips for Radisson Blu Resort

• ilovetotravel by ilovetotravel

"Banana boat and quad runners - brilliant! "

• haych254 by haych254

"The trip to jerusulam was great, a very very long day but worth it "

• Unhappy Traveller! by Unhappy Traveller!

"We would advise them to book somewhere else! "

• holly_reviews by holly_reviews

"Great for relaxing in the sun for a week "

• shane by shane

"clean rooms, poor food, terrible drinks, avoid "

Radisson Blu Resort is also called