Would return

Reviewed Mon 22nd of November 2010

"I visited here and had a week all inclusive. The staff are really friendly and welcoming. The pool is lovely. We spent nearly everyday by the poolside.
The food was buffet style and still good.
I found the hotel clean at all times, and I would certainly consider returning to this hotel.
My stay was very enjoyable and was one of the best holidays I have had. "

• Travel date: Fri 19th of November 2010

read this before you book the hotel:

Reviewed Tue 12th of January 2010

"well, some of the criticism the Hotel had obtained from various internet sites ratings, sceard the hell out of us. As we read a lot of negative criticism, we were so afraid that we almost wanted to cancel our stay at Zouara hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, we were positively surprised, because we expected a junkyard for everything we had read on various internet sites. The hotel actually did not look so disgusting as we thought.

We arrived at the hotel 18/12/2009 to 30/12/2009. We were positively surprised, because we had read much negative, but we felt that eventually much of it were true.

firstly, the hotels location was terrible. Yes, it was near the beach, but far from the two most famous streets in Sharm el Sheikh: Nama bay and the old market. We had to take a taxi or bus which is expensive if you are on vacation for 2 weeks.

Second, there was very disappointing, was a repsjonist named Ramy. He was extremely uncomfortable and not very helpful. He tried to fool us again and again which he unfortunately failed. We even had a private guide, but who failed to show up. The guide had an Egyptian number, and when we asked Ramy to call the number so we colud speak with our guide, he wanted us to pay. even if it was Egyptian number. We had to pay $ 4 for 1 minute, but it is free. So he tried to fool all the tourists for money in every opportunity he got.

but all in all we had a good time. "

• Travel date: Fri 1st of January 2010

the best 4* newish hotel

Reviewed Tue 14th of April 2009

"am not sure for those people who went and didn't like it..its amazing..ok its super high quality but its was good...and if any one searching for royal quality..you would pay more..but the prices was very fine for the king of service that we got..the pool was great and the sun bathes was amazing...they might took care of the hotel more knowaday coz i didn't suffer any thing i should pay for any extra tours or services but it is fine for me coz i don't expect every thing to come free.."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of April 2009

Hotel Zouhara

Reviewed Sun 15th of March 2009

"Went there June 2008 and would never go that hotel again.. Everything negative you read is true.. Very unhygenic.. shortage of crockery.. glasses re-used, lukewarm drinks. When we arrived it was 11.20pm in evening.. had to pay for a drink as all inclusive finishes at 11pm!! The food is horrible bland and the same everyday.. We ate out loads. Halfway through the holiday had very bad tums and up to two weeks after our return to the uk. Flies everywhere and in the food!! Snacks!! What snacks!! When you go to the beach you have to pay if you want any food i.e. burger and chips.. the only night we enjoyed our food was on turkish night when all food is served outside and cooked fresh.. that was lovely. The staff was lovely apart from the miserable arrogant manager.. Went snorkelling for a day was superb!! Nama bay beware of men mithering you and asking you to go to there shops to sign a postcard.. once they get you in their shop they lock you in till you buy something..The restuarants and food superb though. I would go to egypt again but wouls say in a much better hotel.. Please do not go to the Zouhara. "

• Travel date: Sun 15th of March 2009

Egypt at it`s best

Reviewed Tue 18th of November 2008

"We booked before we read the reviews,but on the basis that the Brits like a good moan we adopted an open mind attitude.We arrived on Oct.29th and were shown to our room very quickly,on entering it we decided NO WAY,so approached the reception and we were given another without any problem.The shower area left a lot to be desired but on the whole the room was acceptable.The food in restaurant was alway`s luke warm,but we alway`s found something to our liking.The management seemed to adopt an us and them attitude towards the staff,there was unrest in the kitchen,unrest with the entertainment team but the bar staff were priceless,I tipped them early on and we were well looked after,they were alway`s up for a laugh.Yes there is a shortage of glasses,Yes there is chipped and cracked crockery,Yes there is a shortage of some drinks,Yes there are quite a few miserable Russians in the place,Entertainment WHAT entertainment.We met some nice people,the weather was brilliant,the Quad bike safari in the desert amazing,never had the trots,this holiday was very cheap,so value for money it was okay,just go there and enjoy yourselves.My wife and I would like to thank mahair,mohammed,ayman(habeeby),Alladin,ossama,waed and all the staff who made our holiday very enjoyable"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of November 2008

Nice Hotel - Bit Out Of The Way!

Reviewed Sun 16th of November 2008

"We stayed at the Zouara Hotel from the 16/10 - 30/10.

There were 5 in our group, myself, husband, two sons and their friend.
Our sons and their friend are all 16 so they were a good age for us to allow them to do what they wanted.

The hotel and its grounds were lovely it is a newish hotel, so it seems untouched in a way, if i am honest i don't think it takes to everyone's fancy, but for us we loved it, it was really nice - we had two rooms one for us and one for the lads both the rooms were very spacious which were really impressed with, what we were also impressed with was the size of the bath tubs.

The food wasn't anything spectacular but it was nice, after two weeks it was a little repetive but thats what all inclusive is all about, i would disagree with people that say the food is re-used because we were first in the dining hall for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the food was always fresh.

The swimming pools were nice a little chilly though, and there was quite a few people at the hotel during our stay so the poolside could of done with being a little bigger.

On our 3rd day we went out for walk which was a little way out in the wild as the Zouara is situated on what can only be described as a ack road, we asked the security guard for directions to the shops and he gave us a vague idea,while on this walk a car went driving passed us and slammed on the brakes, out jumped a biggish bloke who said "how are you then guys" we found it hilariously funny that it was an english bloke, he gave us a leaflet for his Bar St Georges, and actually pointed us in the right directionof the shops, after he had driven off we read the leaflet and it was very informative, i.e it wasn't just a bar, they provided trips and taxi's plus there was a phone number too to contact them.

We called many times to use them as a taxi, as we found the one's provided by the hotel were very expensive, the tax is either the owner of the Bar Pete or his son Dave, i think the maximum we paid for a return trip anywhere was 100le and that was to Old Sharm.

The lads spent most of there time in the bar watching the football again they called Pete and they were charged 20le for a return to and from the bar, they also ate while there only basic bar snacks but both of my boys are very reliant on the bacon sandwiches so finding somewhere that had pork in Egypt was a god send for us as our boys would not of gone two weeks without.

Not sure if i can put Pete's email address or phone number on here, so contact me if you'd like it, because if you are staying at the Zouara you could do with a someone of this sort of contact.

We enjoyed Namba Bay on a few occasions where we ate at TGI Fridays' and the Indian House both were really nice and we throughly enjoyed them all and the food was really nice.

We did go to Old Sharm once which was a different experience, we were planning on trying some traditional Egyptian food but to be honest we couldn't find anywhere suitable and we ate in the Chinese there which was also very tasty indeed.

We bought all of our sourveniers at the Jasmine Centre where St Georges is reason being if you show the shop keepers there a St Georges leaflet you get 25% discount which we thought wa great and bought stuff like Shisha Pipes, Papyrus and other little ornumnets and it was a lot cheaper than anywhere else we had been.

Would recommend to anyone to visit Sharm el Sheikh and if you dont mind catching taxi's i would advise go to this hotel but please be aware if you are staying there, there literally is nothing around you so you will have to catch a taxi here and there.

Great holiday, going back in february cant wait.

• Travel date: Sun 16th of November 2008

welcome to a circus

Reviewed Mon 10th of November 2008

"We booked the holiday and then unfortunately read the reviews. We were a little apprehensive to say the least!
On arrival we felt relief, the whole hotel looked lovely, we arrived at night and went straight to our rooms. {We couldn’t get any refreshments as the all inclusive finishes at 23.00 and doesn’t start until 10a.m the next day}
On waking I went outside to sunbathe {the sun was nice and warm at 06-06.30) Once the restaurant opened for breakfast we went down to see what was available… cack on a plate, served warmish. Now I have read the reviews from customers that have said it wasn’t that bad, erm… yes it was! The plates have chips in them, In fact some of the ceramic chips are bigger than potatoes!!! The staff in there are all very friendly etc but there are not enough knifes, spoons and forks to serve every one. You wait ages to get a drink, its faster if you get up and go behind where the food is served up and get the staff to give you the drink yourself (god willing they have any glasses) And then your drink is room temperature-Egyptian room temperature, mmm delicious! Especially the lager!
We went back in for lunch. I ate a bread bun. Now I admit I’m a fussy eater but when it’s the same food, day in day out its unbearable. One of our party ate one night and about half an hour later she was bad. She suffered from D&V for 6/7 days and still isn’t right and we have been back over a week. As one of the three of our party who chose not to eat anything from there that night I thank ‘The colonel himself!’ (there is a KFC local which is a £2 taxi ride away- they also deliver :^)
I have been on my hols to Egypt three times before, the first was in a hotel all inclusive, yeah the food wasn’t great but I ate three times a day in the restaurant, so I know what to compare it too. The other two times I have travelled on the ‘red sea cruise’ I think it was with Thompson, absolutely FANTASTIC!, food, entertainment, cleanliness etc.

Any way back to ZOUARA.
• THE POOL: no chlorine used, which suits me fine as I only went into it twice. Mohammed the towel guy was constantly clearing around, using the net to fish out floating bits. If he wasn’t tiding around he was stood casting a shadow asking me to put my bikini top back on!! Yup, you got it, no topless bathing around the pool. You can sun bathe topless if you jump on their free shuttle bus to the ‘ZOUARA BEACH’ takes about 4/5 mins to get there– basic, sun beds, area to play football, bar for your drinks etc. I believe they serve food but after seeing the food on site, we decided to give it a miss.

WARNING- THE POOL DRAINIDGE SYSTEM.
All around the edge of the pool is an over flow drain. This is a line of bricks that allows the pool water to flow over and be taken away (probably to the kitchen to prepare the food with) these bricks are not secured. I was sunbathing one day as a couple passed me. A few seconds later I heard a gasp, I sat up and the Italian lady had walked on the bricks, the bricks had shifted and she slipped into a 30cm deep gully. She had gashed open all her leg on the brick work. PLEASE IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN, ADVISE THEM NOT TO PLAY ON THESE BRICKS. She was lucky she didn’t break her leg.

• THE ACCOMODATION: Spacious, Cleanliness could have been a bit better- the bedding wasn’t changed as often as I like- towels, when left in the shower to indicate you want them changing are made into shapes and left on your beds. Money and valuables where left out until we realised that underwear had gone missing from the room.
• THE ENTERTAINMENT: The entertainment staff do try, Michael the ent’s manager has his work cut out. He tried to rally the British to join in the games, karaoke etc but I think because of the standard of the place a lot of the British where a bit miffed off and he generally got it in the neck.

Now for the good things:
the sun, which reminds me… watch out for the paper guy, he tries to sell you a newspaper for about £6 (about 50 egyptian) The papers have the crossword already filled in and are generally about three days old.
La Strada, an area of shops, this has a KFC, McDonalds (both do delivery) and a café called ‘PRADA café’. Steak and chips here work out about £4. Great staff, great food. This place is a 10-15 min walk or 25egy £/ £2-3.
Some of the staff. There where a few of the bar staff I didn’t feel comfortable with, they would leave you standing whilst they finished up doing what they where doing-slowly. Serve other people etc. Italians or the Russians generally.
The Entertainment staff where good, three couldn’t speak English but always gave you a wave or a smile. Michael who is from Egypt also spoke Russian, English and Italian. There is a little shop upstairs near the lobby bar. A lad called ‘Omar’ runs it. He is great, very friendly and is more than happy to make you a coffee(and its free haha).

Naama Bay: Pasha night club, Two doors down is the’ Camel Bar’, the roof top terrace is lovely!! Motown music on the first level and funky chillout music on the roof terrace. There is also a gorgeous pizza-pasta shop that the Entertainment manager Michael told us to go to. Try the four cheese pizza yumm!!

There is a super market opposite the PRADA café which I think was called the ‘metro’. CHECK YOUR CHANGE! I bought shopping from there, crossed over the road to PRADA to pay for my take away pizza’s with the change. I ended up looking like a right dink. They gave me two ‘50’ notes. These turned out to be worth less than the scrapings from under my big toe nail. And left me out of pocket by over a tenner. It wasn’t a one off either. My friend went the next day and they tried to have her over by £5. It was only because I had been taken the night before that she checked her change.

• Travel date: Mon 10th of November 2008

zouara hotel 16-30th october 08

Reviewed Mon 3rd of November 2008

"This hotel has had a lot of bad reports and to be honest before we left Gatwick myself and my girlfriend were very apprehensive.
The hotel does have its flaws the poolside drainage system is very dangerous and the food on several nights of our stay was not up to very much.
However that aside the hotel was wonderful, the rooms were clean the pool sensational and the staff there could not do enough for you. You could travel into Nabq bay on the 'bad food' days and enjoy a selection of restaurants as this was only a 15minute walk or £5 return in a cab, it was as major experience of our holiday to do this. Also to go into Naama bay was £16 return so a bit more expensive, but you have to go there to experience the wonders of the egyptian way of life. I would recommend this hotel to my friends who are looking for a cheap no thrills break with plenty of sun sand and swimming."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of November 2008

What Can I say

Reviewed Mon 27th of October 2008

"Good Points The bar Staff Friendly & Ready For A Laugh In Such A Dismall Place
The people I Met On Holiday Kept Me From Leaving
To start Off With The Cleaners With Alterior motives Of Making Things Out Of Towels Nice gesture To start Off With, Then People Who Are going To Leave Have Items Of Clothing Go Missing & Possibly Other Items
I Was Warned & Still Items Of Clothing Went I Even Had To Lock My case Up ( So Disappointing)
The Food When Hot Was Bearable ( But Had Most Of Holiday On The Loo) But There Was A Pizza Place On Site If You Wanted To Pay ( ALL INCLUSIVE)
Breakfast Could Have been A Bit More Creative ( Not Rice & Eggs Again)
The Mini Bar Was So Mini It Ended Up Being An Empty Fridge
Good To Cool Your water & beer ( due To The Place Always Running Out, & having To Buy From Local Stores) A Guest Ended Up Buying Glasses & spoons At One Point ( Due To Running Out)
The Snacks as Advertised Were Left Over Breakfast Rolls
No Crisps Or Filled Rolls Or Fruit & veg Platters (Anything Savoury Would Have Been Great)
Wish I Had Known The 4 Star (2 Star Rule Before I booked)

• Travel date: Mon 27th of October 2008

loved it loved it

Reviewed Thu 23rd of October 2008

"IF you are looking for a 4* holiday you do have to bear in mind that after doing research in, Egypt 4* is a 2* compared to England and what do you expect for such a cheap price?! I took the ALL INCLUSIVE option with my mate the people at Zooara were so friendly event tho most people spoke to them like they were a peice of [--] they would alway smile and help as much as the could. Food wasnt fantastic but still ok and there was a Egyptian night aswell (as for people saying about being on the toilet it doesnt matter where u eat it will always happen as the bottled water is mainly to suite mostly italians so it would be like drinking tap water in italy or spain!). EntertainmentI thought it was fantastic , Karoke nights good music by the pool, animation crew coming round talking about what events are going on in the main town and getting loads of people together, everyday there was water games and water aerobics aswell to get everybody having fun. ROOMSWe had a twin room very spacious had a table and 2 chairs in room and also on the spacious balcony,air condition little bit noisy but working and effective, cleaner came round EVERYDAY towels were changed every other day and so were the sheets. Would leave stuff out like camera or wallet by accident and would get back and rest assure everything was still there. POOLPool was very big always being cleaned VERY nice!!!.Taxi'sYou can always get a good deal with the taxi operator if you talk to them rather then at them, return to the main town would be around 6 pound for the 2 of us. Even going quad biking the rep was charging around £25 English pounds each but the taxi driver got us a deal both of us for £10!!!. Overall i thought this was a great place to stay friendly, Clean, Efficient superb and planning to go back.IF you are looking for a 4* holiday research first and expect to pay alot more money and look for a 5A hotel.Hope you found this usefull. "

• Travel date: Mon 13th of October 2008

Not worthy of 4*'s

Reviewed Sat 11th of October 2008

"My party of four have just returned from this hotel. I slept in the same sheets for the whole of my stay, I had to go out to buy cleaner to clean the toilet and bathroom. The food left an awful lot to be desired, every evening it was beef and chicken and if you are vegetarian then you must be prepared to eat nothing but pasta and veg.

However, the pool is looked after by a really lovely man who is constantly cleaning the beds and parasols and making sure there is nothing in the water."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of October 2008

Well lets start with the plus points; Th...

Reviewed Tue 7th of October 2008

"Well lets start with the plus points; The pool is a great size with bar and varing depths, although "cleaned" every day no apparent chlorine treatment.The rooms are a reasonable size and air conditioned. (it's only a five minute walk to reception to get them to fix it on a three day basis).The beach,although a 10 minute bus ride away is clean, has a bar and does food (only £2.50 for a burger - even on all inclusive),a volley ball area and little footie pitch.The bus times are a tad hit and miss but you get back eventually.

Now the negatives, The main let down is the repetion of the food,same thing ,day in,day out.Although only one of our party of four got the trots,a lot of other people were getting tummy bugs. I agree with alot of the other reviews about the food being warmish, tepid at best some nights.Trying to get cups, spoons,plates for self service can get frustrating.
The entertainment was better organised for the italian crowd,but the english entertainment rep did try (brother was he trying!!).
Yes the hotel in general is geared more towards Italian guests, most of the staff had a bit of trouble understanding my finest cockney.
Be careful of drinking outside the agreed hours,can get expensive even on all inclusive.
We did see a few mice around in the evenings,but don't be put off ,there was a cat roaming around.
A change of bed sheets once a fortnight would be nice.

Overall, for what we paid per person for the holiday,the food aside ,i think we got what we paid for.Hotel is not a four star by any means, but the weather and the snorkling made up for it. We wouldn't go back to the Zouara but there is a hell of a lot worse.

• Travel date: Tue 7th of October 2008

Hotels near Zouara Hotel

Top traveller tips for Zouara Hotel

• anonym12 by anonym12

"the city itself is wonderful, but people are tiring. They arenearly exhausted and going . "

• emeraldgirl by emeraldgirl

"was great for relaxing by the pool "

Zouara Hotel is also called