Xperience St. George Homestay

Magless El Madina St Um El Sid Hill, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Good

Absolutely fantastic!!! would go back if i could!

"Let me first apologise for how long this is going to be.

Me and my boyfriend went to stay at saint George three corners 8th – 18th June, although not our original booking we were extremely happy with this hotel and we would not change a thing about our holiday. We did not want to come home.
First impressions of the hotel were amazing, very clean, modern, and spacious. A singing barman, greeted us in reception with a drink very friendly indeed, then we were given our room keys. When we got to our room our cases were already there, very quick. As we were not satisfied with the room (two single beds) we asked to be changed, however they were fully booked so they could not change us until a room became available three days later which was understandable, they were very helpful at reception and didn’t say anything about not being able to change and as we were told Sunday came and we were moved to an amazing room over looking the main pool (room 2073), it was enormous and very very clean, definitely worth the wait. All the rooms seem to be very modern and extremely spacious.
The cleaners are lovely and you can never find a fault when they’ve cleaned your room,
Every time we returned it was immaculate. They changed the bed sheets, towels, ashtrays, and glasses daily. Our cleaner made sculptures out of the towels and folded clothes into different shapes, it was lovely to see how much effort they made to keep us happy,
All the staff are very kind and almost always have a smile on their faces. It is fantastic to see how much they enjoy there jobs, as they get paid very little and don’t get time off very often. They deserve any tips they are given. Fady and Sheriff from the lobby bar are absolute gems, I miss their cocktails. Also fady and hany from le blue bar were lovely too.
The drinks at saint George are fantastic, I had white and rose wine, dark rum and coke, vodka and sprite, vodka and orange, beer, cocktails – pink lady, sex on the beach and pina coladas, all very nice….we even tried the oozo, not to bad.
The restaurant was lovely, all the staff are so kind and helpful and very chatty. The food was fantastic, Breakfast I cant comment on because I never had it but dinner and tea – buffet style, delicious. While we were there we had all the soups – tomato, spinach, carrot, chicken, vegetable, potato, minestrone etc. Main meals – rice, pasta, chips, potato’s, mashed potato’s, cannelloni, lasagne, macaroni, pizza, beef in pepper sauce, sautéed vegetables, cauliflower, broccoli, quail, chicken, beef, lamb, burgers, hot dogs, kebabs and much more. There were loads of salads and deserts too. I didn’t find anything that I never liked and I tried most things. Sometimes the food was a little repetitive but it wasn’t a bad thing for us, as we liked it all. I also took my boyfriend to chez pascal upstairs for a meal on his birthday, very nice food, and lovely view. We had a soup each, a starter each and a main meal each and it came to a very resonable £25.00 after all inclusive discount....drinks are still free up here which is good.
Only one person I heard had the stomach bug but the nearby pharmacy said it wasn’t the food it was more the change in temperature, he gave her some medicine and tablets which cost £10 and it was cleared within a day.
The pools were lovely with loads of sun beds so you DIDN’T have to get up early to get one, there was always a few free when we finally surfaced. We only used the quieter pool and it was gorgeous, very clean and lots of room. The saint George beach is lovely, there are lots of sun beds and your all-inclusive carries on here, as do the free towels. While at the beach you can relax sunbathing or sit up in the shade near the beach bar. You can also go on trips such as glass bottom boats. You can also book trips such as camel treks, quad biking and also hire out pedalo’s. We went on a glass bottom boat, which was fantastic, we hired a pedalo and pedalled into the sea and my boyfriend jumped off and went snorkelling. The coral near the beach isn’t that good so I would advise people to do this or just swim out a bit and round the corner, I stayed on the pedalo and I could see most of the fish through the water.
The excursion I would definitely tell people to go on would be the quad bikes, it cost £30 for a twin quad and it is well worth the money, we were out in the desert for two and a half hours it was fantastic, I also got a ride on a camel and had a Bedouin tea, would definitely do this excursion again.
Namma bay was an experience and a half, didn't really enjoy my time here as there were lots of guys gathering round asking my boyfriend to sell me for camels saying he was a lucky man,we just walked on and they left us alone but they do this to quite a few people, while in naama bay we went to the hard rock cafe which was nice and prices aren't too bad, we went to the camel bar and also a cafe off the main street, the prices varied really, we also went on to pasche which was ok, went on a tues, wish we'd waited till the fri or sat. Def worth going watever day. Taxis are an experience but good fun i suppose, £3 max from naama bay, say £3 and stick to it, thats what i found was best.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and if we do return to Egypt next year we will def see about staying here again, I can not find one fault with this hotel and I really don’t understand where people are coming from with the bad reviews, maybe there is another saint George hotel that we don’t know about. I can safely say the only thing that ruined my holiday here was people moaning about there holiday, this was really annoying and my advise to these people would be to stay at home as this hotel is beautiful and obviously are used to the Hilton etc.
If you have any questions feel free to email me – [email protected]"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of June 2006

Fabulous hotel

Good

"I went to stop at the hotel with my husband at the same time as other guests mentioning no names (Mr Rotherham) and I cant believe the coments that have been made. All I can say the the hotel was very clean and the staff were extremely friendly. The Pools were very clean and you saw them being cleaned nightly, I was actually in the pool at the same time as 'Mr Rotherham' and found it very easy to see my feet, this may be something to do with the fact that my stomach wasnt in the way!!!!! I actually had to go and spend my time in the other pool due to the fact that I was sick to the back teeth of hearing the moaning from certain holiday makers. At the end of the day holidays are what you make of them and if you go to find fault you will find it what ever you pay and where ever you stay!

Oh and try quad biking it was great fun!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of June 2006

Amazing

"This hotel is fabulous. I could be here all night talking about it but I'll try and limit it.

Went mid May with my fiance for a fortnight All Inclusive from Glasgow. Hotel is immaculate, rooms very modern and spacious and cleaned to a high standard every day.

Staff are wonderful, so helpful and friendly especially Fady at Le Bleu pool bar, he is a star and he works so hard for so little money. Drinks are not that bad, grab yourself a pink lady cocktail, they're really nice. The egyptian beer isn't bad either.

Restaurant was nice, food wasn't first class but you would struggle to starve. After a fortnight it did get a little repetative but the food was by no means horrible, always hot and fresh.

All in all I thought this hotel was fantastic and would recommend it to anyone. I would be back there in an instant."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of June 2006

avoid at all costs

"right where do we start with this place!!!!mmmm ok what about the sewerage works across the road from the hotel.what a stink at night when you go round to watch the entertainment if there was any on as they all got the sack!!mossies bite you in this side of the hotel as there are hundreds of them coming from across the road and peoples bites were getting infected.people were dropping like flys with stomach cramps and the runs which the in house doctor was only to pleased to see you then charge you £90 for an injection.the swiming pool was dirty you could not even see your feet in it.the food was very repetitive and was bland with no taste!!we were loving the mcdonalds delivered to the hotel manager was not to pleased.but we told him his food was crap.the st george beach is a joke it is like a building site around it go to the sister hotels beach the kirosiez it is much better and you get the all inclusive there as well.to round this hotel up is to say avoid at all costs there were loads of unhappy guests there and still are that cannot wait to go home.my kids wanted to come home after the 1st week its that bad.day trip to cario out of this world brill/hard rock cafe good food and drink look after the kids in there. any info drop me a line at [email protected]"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006

Saint George, Thgree Corners - The Best

"We had a wonderful holiday at the St George Three Corners, the food was very good, always a wide selection of different dishes, well cooked & varied. One of our party was vegetarian, and there was always plenty of choice for her. The staff were lovely, helpful and spoke English very well. The hotel was clean and well maintanied. The beach though a short complimentary bus ride away, was lovely. In all a brillant holiday, and we will go again."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of June 2006

Nice hotel

Good

"I had read some poor reviews of The St. George 3 Corners before my girlfriend and I went on holiday, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that this hotel was immaculately clean, the rooms were big, and the cleaning was done to a very high standard. The food was fine and the alcohol was on tap until midnight (after which time you had to pay).

A word of warning though - We were told by the hotel that the water coolers (same kind we get in offices at home) around the hotel were okay for us to use as drinking water as the water was bottled mineral. We later found out that this was not the case and that this water was in fact filtered Egyptian water. Subsequently, many guests at the hotel (myself included) got pretty ill and I would STRONGLY recommend that visitors buy all their bottled water fresh."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of June 2006

Good Clean Family Hotel

"Hi,
I have just returned from my first 2 week all inclusive trip to Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt with my family. We stayed at the St George 3 Corners after we agonised over numerous hotels in the area, but were eventually swayed by the advice of our travel agent who recommended the hotel for families. the hotel has only been open 6 months. On arrival we were met by friendly staff, who booked us in speedily and without any fuss in a very polite manner. The rooms were clean and very spacious. Each day our rooms were cleaned, to a very high standard. The restaurant is air conditioned, or alternatively you can eat outside the restaurant in the warm open air. The selection of food is very good, but ice cream for children is only served at the pool bar between 4 - 5 pm. The pools are very well maintained with attenants available throughout all times of the day, it is clean, and has plenty of sun lounges. Now the weather - is excellent during our stay the temperature in May was as high as 125 and throughout the two weeks we did not see a cloud at all, and certainly no rain until we returned to the UK. In relation to excursions shop around there are plenty of offers inside the hotel, dont be tempted to use the Thompsons reps etc as they are usually a lot more expensive and they are no better equipped than the local trip advisors. There is not alot to do in the hotel of an evening, but there are plenty of people in the bar and it is such a good atmosphere you will always find someone to talk to. There are markets / shopping areas nearby (costs no more than £4.00 for a one way trip to both namma bay or the old town) All in all an excellent hotel to which i will be returning in December. Any questions feel free to email me."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of May 2006

Great place to go

"Let me give you a balanced view of St.George, Three Corners.

I was very uncertain about Egypt, especially after the bombs, however, we were met with nothing but good service and great welcomes wherever we went.
The reviews are right, the food is fine but not first class, it is repetetive but you will always find something to eat. The staff are outstanding, especially Safwat in the main pool, Zico the entertainer. Remember, these guys do all this for £20 English pounds a month, and try really hard. I noticed when we were there, that most people didnt make the effort, nothing about the Animation Crew. Rooms are first class, cleaned daily, air con and absolutely no mozzis in our room. The mozzies are over in the other side of the hotel by the sewage plant [yes this may be a problem depending where your room is and which pool you use] all three of us didnt get bitten once and used no repellent.....E mail the hotel and ask for rooms 1001 to 1012 or 2002 to 2012, these are pool facing rooms and some of the best you will get, ideal for people with kids..

Naama bay is an experience not to be missed at night but walk down the middle of the road as they will try to get you into their shop. Security is great with Police everywhere. Taxis mad in their ancient cars, use the hotel ones they are fine.

Be warned, this is quite remote and out of town, walking outside the hotel feels a little strange. Medic in the hotel sounded quite good and Pharmacy next door who clearly knows what he is talking about.

Sun worshipers....you will love 35-40 degrees each day, and sun much more intense than Spain...so take factor 40..

For 5 hours flight, great place to go.. next time we stay we will go to a hotel with a beach, but dont let that put you off, this one is great... see some photos I have added...

P.s. It seems that this hotel doesnt attract the roudy crew so you should be in for a pleasant stay......ENJOY

Wirral Mob...."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of May 2006

nice hotel not a lot to do at night

Good

"hotel rooms very nice very spacious, food alright breakfast mainly eggs, lunch and dinner very repetitive, we ate out in naama bay every night, much nicer lot more fun nothing to do in hotel at night as entertainment was none existent,nothing to do for teenagers, the beach is nice supposed to be all inclusive down, there part of it is, but they are just opening a new bar and you get pestered by there people trying to sell you drinks, we used hotel taxis very good and reliable, lots of people covered in mosquito bites so make sure you plenty of mosquito reppelant with you, lots of people being bitten in lobby bar at night,pools nice the one beside the restaraunt gets very busy, the one at the back is much nicer,all in nice holiday, would go back, but to a resort nearer to naamaa bay,"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of May 2006

Fantastic

"Got back from the St George last week and must say it is one of the nicest hotels and resorts i have stayed in. I cannot understand how people can complain about the hotel.

The hotel is spotless, the rooms are beautiful, very spacious and are cleaned everyday.

The staff are very friendly and can't do enough for you, sometimes they can be a pain being a bit too over friendly but that's just the way they are and they just want you to enjoy your holiday.

There is plenty of choice of food and there is something one for everyone, it's not the best food in the world but it is egypt and does taste a little different to food in england but you cannot complain.

The pools are lovely there is a quiet one and a busier one. Both have lots of sunbeds so there is no need to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve a spot.

There is a free shuttle bus hourly that takes you down to the private beach which is fantastic. This is also all inclusive and the food is lovely. The snorkelling is fantastic too.
The entertainment on a night is ok not great but there is a free shuttle bus from the hotel into Naama Bay which is a must do. Naama bay is fantastic there's lots of shops, bars, restaurants and one or too nightclubs which are good too. There's hundreds of taxis around Sharm. Don't pay anymore that 20 Egyptian pounds(£2) into Naama Bay. I don't think they have any traffic laws over there either, it's a case of driving everywhere at 80mph!!!!! Which can be quite scary!!!
Make sure you take some upset stomach tablets with you, it is guaranteed you will end up with a dodgy tummy there is a chemist nearby and a trip to him will sort it out but best to go prepared.
Also take some mozzy spray with you, even if you don't normally get eaten by the little buggers. They are hungry little things over there
Cannot complainabout this hotel whatsoever and would certainly recommend a trip to this hotel. I will definately be returning to the St George this year."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of May 2006

7th time there and the best

"What can I say 7 times at this hotel and the best yet. Thanks to an incredible staff from the management to the bar staff ( Fadi and Nessim Carlos ) to the lovely Khalib and Alaa Mr. suitcase man and a fantastic animation team Nicola Claire Kimo and all the guys. To the wonderful friends we met you know who u are. All our love Joel Trisha Lene Joely and Nanny Mo. to anyone who has never been to Egypt get to this hotel!!"

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of August 2013

HOILDAY

Good

"Everywhere was kept clean,rooms restaurant,grounds and the pool Most of the staff were helpfull we stayed mostly on site.Around the pool bar we were looked after by NESSIM he was very helpfull.It was a shame we had to move out of our room for the last few days they did give us a nice room.They had a lot of maintenance work on site it was very unsettling with all the drilling,reparing the foor around the pool area.Overall a most enjoyable hoilday.For myself I found the food not suitable due to a stomach disorder because most of the food has spice's and herbs."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of July 2013

Hotels near Xperience St. George Homestay

Stayed at Xperience St. George Homestay? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Xperience St. George Homestay

• keranna by keranna

"we only tried the Hard RockCafe which was great "

• emmalou69 by emmalou69

"safari trip was great and the snorkelling trip "

• AndyJupp by AndyJupp

"Arrange to go to the beach, it's wonderful and the staff are very chatty and as they say "hassle free" "

• Glenda K by Glenda K

"night time in lobby bar with bar man faddy. "

• Zachy's Mummy by Zachy's Mummy

"Stayed at various hotels in Sharm & The St George is the best :o) "

• Nightingale by Nightingale

"Very nice place, we'll come again some day! "

• poka by poka

"its a nice quite city,i love that city. "

• shazz66 by shazz66

"love it and cant wait to go back "

• shazz66 by shazz66

"didnt do any trips, but will go cario next time "

• honarn2205 by honarn2205

"try and go to to fantasia you will love it there. "

• gladioli by gladioli

"Michaels City Tour, Picasso restaurant "

• brokeljoe by brokeljoe

"Take a thermal cup for drinks around pool areas "

• mrandy by mrandy

"just enjoy youself, its very hot so drink plenty of water "

• Exerset by Exerset

"Take thermo mugs for larger drinks. "

• corcoran by corcoran

"Snorkling and Indian Restaurants "

• Alouise by Alouise

"It was amazing for families. "

• tonihall028 by tonihall028

"snorkelling or scuba diving is a must the sea is great fish everywhere "

• millerfrog by millerfrog

"the people are lovely "

• millerfrog by millerfrog

"the beaches are brill "

• chebz by chebz

"fantastic great for chilling out after xmas "

Xperience St. George Homestay is also called