Good

Our lives were put at risk, Stay away!

Reviewed Fri 4th of September 2015

"I visited Viva Sharm in August 2015 for 11 nights with my 19 year old daughter and 11 year old son. Before booking this hotel I did a lot of research as I do every year to ensure that we have an amazing holiday. The reviews were amazing and the pictures made the hotel look very appealing. When we pulled up to the hotel, my heart sank a bit as it looked like one of them hotels that you pass and feel thankful that you're not staying there, however not to judge a book by its cover we kept an open mind. Walking into reception we were greeted by a cloud of smoke that was coming from the bar where smoking was permitted, there was no air conditioning either. The check-in was quick and our cases were taken to our room by a helpful porter. the room was standard, a bit outdated but on first sight it was fine for us, there was 3 of us and only 2 beds, when we pointed this out to the porter he quickly ran of and pulled in another bed and a mattress that was just sitting on the balcony. We then headed down to reception to ask if they could provide us with some food as we arrive late at night and were starving, they were quite happy to do so and showed us to the dinner hall where they gave us some bread and picky bits which were quite tasty. So far our initial thoughts on the hotel were good but what came next swiftly changed our minds. We went all inclusive so we woke up the next morning excited for breakfast. Unless you like eggs or croissants then you cannot eat, they do not cater for English people so we went for 11 days without breakfast. Also good luck on trying to get a cup or a plate as I'm sure they only have about 20 plates and cups for the whole hotel and they do not bring clean ones out any time soon. Lunch was even worse, yet again there was no English food, except for chips that were always under cooked and on one occasion there were some nice burgers. As for dinner, well the same story goes, no English food, and what ever was there was almost inedible. For 11 days we did not eat all day until the evening when we went out of the hotel for food which is not what you want to be doing when you have paid for all inclusive. On the second day my 19 year old daughter went up to the room by herself and was cornered by the male maid, who told her to sit on the bed and the asked for a hug and tried to kiss her, he left her scared, shaking and crying, when I reported it to the management they tried to justify his actions by telling her that she was beautiful and that is why he did it. The maid was sacked and we were told that our room would only be cleaned when we asked to ensure that nothing like that would happen again, much to my disbelief the cleaners came in the next day when we had not asked for the room to be cleaned, this did not put my daughter at ease and she was on edge for the rest of the holiday. Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse we had to get up on our third night at the hotel at 2am in the morning and move all of our stuff to another room because our mattresses were crawling with bed bugs. When we realized what they were, we were shocked and pulled back the sheets to further inspect the mattress, what we saw was just awful, the mattress was manky, it was covered in huge brown stains and was falling apart. The staff moved us to another room on the Arabic side of the hotel and I can tell you now this room was not much better, the bathroom was rundown and chipped all over the place, the shower was a trickle and the air conditioning was about 30 years old, by this point we all wanted to get on the next flight out of Egypt and return home. We were moved again in the morning to another room that was supposedly VIP, this is the room that we should have been given in the first place, it looked clean and modern and what you would expect at a 3* hotel. We settled in and try to enjoy the rest of the 7 days we had left. We still didn't eat in the hotel as the food never improved even after we had complained several times. The hotel offered us a discounted trip to compensate for the trouble we had, so we chose to go swimming with dolphins, we later found out that they had actually over charged us and scammed us out of £60. Once we started to actually relax and enjoy the holiday we were proven wrong, yet again we had bed bugs and when we reported it to reception this time they told us they couldn't do anything and we just had to live with it. Refusing to sleep in a bed riddled with bed bugs we all trekked down to reception to sleep on the chairs. The management weren't happy about this and came up to the room and inspected the mattresses, after looking over them quickly they told us they were clean, we were just so shocked as we could see them from where we were standing. After much stressing they finally brought 3 different mattresses in that were not much cleaner, safe to say we did not sleep much for the rest of the holiday. The final straw came for us when they laced our room and all our stuff with Kerosene which smells like petrol and has astronomical side effect such as respiratory problems and brain damage not to mention we all could have gone up in a blue flash as there were live wire everywhere in the room. By this point we were mentally and physically drained, I cannot tell you how many times we had been in tears, and how many times we had been to reception to complain. When we were sat there in tears stressing to the managers about how dangerous it was to put kerosene in our room they laughed at us. No matter how much i shouted or how much my kids cried they just didn't take anything seriously. I save up all year to take my kids on one holiday and every year we have an amazing time, never have I ever had problems like this. All I felt like I did on this holiday was complain which is very unlike me, were are an easy going family all we ask for is basic amenities and decent food. This wasn't just a bad holiday, our lives were endangered, the hotel NEEDS to be closed down. We also made friends with another family who also had a hell of a holiday, they couldn't eat, which was the general consensus anyway, their room wouldn't lock and nobody fixed it so they felt they had to leave their stuff at reception as it was the safest place. I told them to go and check that there passports and stuff were safe as i didn't trust anyone at the hotel after what we had been through and much to their horror one of their passports had been stolen, the hotel accused them of losing it and they would not let them call the police so they were forced to walk to another hotel at 1am. One of the girls was also sexually assaulted in the spa, she was pinned down and touched inappropriately and also made to touch his private parts. he intimidated her and she was terrified to tell anyone because she was in a room on her own. when she finally decided to report it they laughed at her and said she was lying because she didn't report is as soon as it happened, when she said she was going to report it to the police they begged her not to because it would be bad for their reputation, we also hear from another guest that had been sexually assaulted by the same man that she was paid to keep quiet. I have never wanted to come home so much in all my life, normally I don't want to go home. Please do not put you and your family at risk in this hotel and if you have already booked it i strongly advise you try and change it. It is full of corruption, sexual assault and seriously dangerous risks that are just not worth the couple of hundred quid you pay to stay here. The only positive thing that i can say is that the bar and restaurant staff are amazing, they were so supportive and helped you whenever you needed it, especially Yasser, Mohamed, the Bruno mars look a like and Ehab the pool guy who is outstanding, they are worth so much more than this hotel and they know it. Please Please Please stay away."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of September 2015

Viva Sharm. value for money.

Good
Reviewed Mon 10th of November 2014

"I arrived at Viva Sharm by 17.45 on the 06/11/14 For a 28 night stay, I was greeted with a smile on a Friendly face at reception, the booking in process was quick and efficient, I was Given my key, the WiFi password and the usual list of dos and don't.

My cases were carried to my room by another happy pleasant chap (and by the end of my stay I will remember all their names), we had to walk past the pool area to get to my room. Being of a “Certain age” the “Music” around the pool area was both too loud and shall we say not my kind of thing, however the younger people and families with kiddies were enjoying the entertainment.

After dinner I had a couple of drinks and returned to my room to read and catch up on some writing (I am writing a book, so quiet helps), it was then that I found that my room was perhaps not placed right for my needs of peace and quiet. The room itself serves its purpose it has all one needs as well as being clean, aged a little but one pays for what one gets and at the price I paid in cannot really complain. I slept when the music and fun had finished.

The next morning I spoke to the Receptionist and explained the problem I was having. There were no questions or debates, they told me to go back after 13.00 and I would be relocated to a quieter room, there was no fuss.
My new room is now much, much quieter and has the same qualities as the previous room, a few bangs and bruises but on the whole pleasant and very clean.

The WiFi is limited and as usual there is no Sky movie channel, but one can’t have everything, and thinking about it now, perhaps we shouldn’t take on holiday what we take for granted in the UK.
So on the whole one can pick holes in every hotel, but if you are getting value for your money, then what’s to complain about??

Note if you want it quieter ask for a room not around the main pool area, and if you have a complaint just take it politely to the front desk, the staff make this hotel, anything you want and service with a smile, from the “Wing men” up to management” Nothing is too much trouble! (As I found out myself). “Viva Sharm”
Dave Hall

• Travel date: Sat 8th of November 2014

one of our BEST holliday for the price

Reviewed Tue 11th of March 2014

"Viva Sharm hotel is i believe under new management and may i say what a wonderful job they are doing, The staff are brill the management are brill food served by very friendly chefs very good we had a great holiday Feb 2014 "

• Travel date: Sat 8th of March 2014

a happy holiday

Reviewed Mon 3rd of March 2014

"My wife and i stayed at viva Sharm February 2014 for 28 fabulous days the best value for money hotel we have stayed at and we are well traveled the staff brilliant management brilliant rooms first class food very good guests like family. gardens very very well kept pools very clean. valid and his team in the restaurant treat all guests like royalty can not do enough for you.one negative comment is it not disable friendly. hope to return September i really did not have a negative thing to say about our holiday. thanks to all the staff at VIVA SHARM "

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of March 2014

EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY

Reviewed Wed 13th of November 2013

"Have just read some reviews & wonder where these people stayed.

As for the place being dirty I must disagree Stayed @ VIVA Sharm back in April, was last minute booking & stop gap due to flight being altered, was a bit apprehensive after reading some reviews on Trip Advisor as I always stay in 5" hotels. Was not at all disappointed, in fact was extremely satisfied with the hotel, room, surroundings, food was edible though obviously not to the level of 5* but for a 3* i applaud the kitchen staff for delivery tasty hot food every meal time + a good selection of salad ... but above all I complement ALL the fantastic staff who work their socks off & go above & beyond to please ALL their guest. From the cleaners to the Management I could not fault 1 single member of staff, certainly couldn't imagine any being rude & definitely NOT physically abusing a guest. I've holidayed all over Europe & now see the low caliber of guest who were serial complainers starting to filter into Sharm. I witnessed some rude, offensive guest attacking staff but certainly never witnessed any staff retaliating. Don't know what they expect for such a low price!

Only difference between this hotel & 5* is:- No Private Beach, Choice of food, location. having said that i think it's the place to go for a very relaxing holiday with wonderful attentive staff.

That said I will be returning in December "

• Travel date: Sat 9th of November 2013

Viva Sharm Egypt

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"DO NOT GO! Put it this way do you want to go to holiday in Iraq? this was a torture camp, food horrendous we were dreadfully ill even after having our jabs prior to going there, dirty disgusting unhygienic, complete death trap, not fit for animals never mind humans. The pool was so dangerous and should be shut down immediately, I had a very bad accident in the pool due to their broken tiles, it took a chunk out of my leg and our holiday (honeymoon) was a complete shabbles at this so called 4* hotel, this honestly was not even a 1*. I suffered racist abuse by a member of staff and I was physically assaulted by another member of staff and I was verbally abused my 1 of the managers after he had 'girls of the night' entertaining in the bar infront of our 8 year old daughter. Please please please do not go to this hotel it is a wonder in our opinion that no one as died at the hands of Viva Sharm.

• Travel date: Fri 5th of October 2012

Health warning

Reviewed Sat 21st of July 2012

"Please please do not go here. Place is a death trap. Filters around the pool broken and a lady badly cut her leg while we were there, she trod over the filters and they broke very badly cutting her leg. WORST OF ALL the pool is very unsafe, it was so slippery and I slipped and broke my hip in 4 places, they blamed it on sun tan oil,instead of calling an ambulance straight away they lifted me onto a sunbed, which they should never have done, if it had been my back or neck I would now be paralysed. They called an ambulance 3 hours later, went to hospital(good place)for 5 days then flown home by air ambulance,then had operation to have femur and pelvis replaced.recovering now but cannot go out or to work for at least 12 weeks. In addition the bath was dirty, cockroaches in the room,food was crap, no entertainment, beach miles away. 2* plus not 4*. You have been warned."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2012

Two weeks wasted Mr and Mrs innard

Reviewed Mon 4th of June 2012

"This place has to be the worst I have stayed in.To be honest prison would have been better.water was brown.bath or shower tray was black with scum aroud it that you could not clean.pool had a scum mark around it similar to when you have a bath.filters don't work. Pool was not cleaned in the two weeks wewere there.food was fish or chicken every night. First holiday been on where I lost weight.plastic filters around pool were not fitted correctly or missing just waiting for someone to hurt them self. Loads of break inns and lap tops and money goes regular.when you complain you are told to tell police that you lost your items but who kicks the doors in.loads more wrong but I have evidence of all this and people should no that this is not 4 star and you are being conned. Sorry but this is true photos if required"

• Travel date: Thu 31st of May 2012

so bad it was good!!!

Reviewed Tue 20th of March 2012

"just returned from Viva Sharm, what can I say? The whole place needed a lot of maintenance and attention. Often at breakfast even if you were there for 7.30a.m(which we were) there were no cups when they were brought they were chipping and not always clean. We often had to ask for butter, bread(For slicing) off they would trot and come back with one portion, my husband, standing beside me would have to ask for more, the slicing bread was brought out one at a time and if the Russions got there first you got none. The 1st week we had a 2 slice toaster that took 8/10 mins. to half toast a piece of bread, then the 2nd. week we got a 4 slice taoster that did'nt do any better and looked as though it was dug up with the Pyramids! The pool area was dangerous with loose tiles all over the cannel round for the cleaned system was a dissaster with missed and loose slats. I never saw the pool cleaned and I don't think the filter system was on. The towels at the pool were threadbare as for the foam mattresses they were split and never washed down. Our rooms was reasonably comfortable and kept clean, beds channged etc.The bathroom was another story, this needed a lot of attention, the tiles were grotty, you had to be about 7 foot to manage in the hand basin it was so high, and in general not good. The food was well cooked and served although VERY reperticious. After having said all this we had a great holiday, meet some nice people and had a good laugh at the mishaps. In my opinion we spent to much on holidays to let anything spoil them and make the most of it. joyron"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of March 2012

our holiday in egypt

Reviewed Tue 14th of July 2009

"we went on holiday to egypt in june 09 and stayed at the hotel viva sharm, it was a lovely hotel,very clean & tidy in fact,they always seem 2b cleaning, our room was beautiful,and was cleaned with new bed linen every day,we were all inclusive and there was something for everyone i found the food 2b adequate.well presented and the deserts were 2 die 4. the staff could not do enough 4u,always smiling& chatting, there is a free bus that takes u to 3 different beaches which is a short distance away,altho u can walk to the reef beach which is the nearest.there isnt a great deal of entertainment but it was just nice 2 sit & chat 2 friends that we made & if we wanted to go out there is a free bus to naam bay, which is a must,we would recommend this hotel & will definately be going back......."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of July 2009

Viva Sharm

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2009

"Well overall, I must say I have enjoyed my holiday in Egypt. There were a few 'hitches'. I ended up having an argument with the pool guy because he blamed me for marking a towel that wasn't even mine, therefore he took my sunbed away. But when I threatened to speak to his manager I got one back. The pool guy, himself, was not abiding by the hotels rules as he was reserving sunbeds for people due to tips being paid. But in fact, it was not allowed to reserve sunbeds. So in the end, he kept upsetting people with the sunbed situation causing problems for himself.

I personally got along with all staff other than the pool guy. They were very nice too me and I could have a laugh with them. They seem to like young 'blond' girls - which maybe why I had ALOT of hassle from them. At first, the attention is okay, but after a while it can get very annoying.

One rule the hotel have, which is pathetic, and I can not even find a reason for it is: If you are all inclusive, between 10am-11am you have to pay for your drinks - including water!! I questioned why, there is no reason! One hour out of the day! It wasn't like I was asking for alcohol or something. It was a basic necessity. I explained to them 45 degrees isn't the heat I'm used to and that i feel ill. It was only until I couldn't hold back the tear from my frustration that I got water. I think that is RIDICULOUS! But 'that is the system'. It proved to them later how important water is, when I fainted. The manager was shocked and when he found out what happened he made an effort to help me in anyway and to see me happy. I was touched by his kindness, but we couldn't settle on the issue of the 10am-11am rule.

The entertainment was non existent most nights, other than the odd belly dancer that is on every Wednesday and Saturday, so i saw it four times!
Somehow I still enjoyed the holiday as it was relaxing.

The hotel is no way a 4star, id say a 2 maybe 3star.

• Travel date: Mon 29th of June 2009

Trying to be objective

Reviewed Tue 23rd of June 2009

"I booked a week all inclusive at the Falcon Inn last minute and departed, I hope, with an open mind. It was last minute cheap and cheerful and I adjusted my expectations to match.

The room was fine, the pool was fine, I eventually realised the secret to getting a sun bed was not how early you got up in the morning but tipping the pool boy (by then it was time to go home!!!). The food seemed OK until we all got ill, about 4 days in. I've been back about three weeks and I'm still not better.

At 6pm, on our last day, without warning, they alleged all inclusive facilities had ended, not great if you want water for a sick child with diarrhoea so I jumped at the chance of an earlier transfer to the airport.

If I could be positive, I would and it was less than one thousand pounds for three of us. My son will have remarkable memories of snorkelling with beautiful fish all around him. But wouldn't do it again for free..................

Sorry. "

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of June 2009

Hotels near Viva Sharm Hotel

Top traveller tips for Viva Sharm Hotel

• Prineethi by Prineethi

"Please research the hotels before making a booking "

• Prineethi by Prineethi

"Charleston in Sharm where the ambience was brilliant "

• kev003 by kev003

"Beware of taxi drivers who will try to con you, also shop owners who will try to get you in the shop "

• kev003 by kev003

"Excellent for diving even if you just snorkel plenty of fish to see. "

• mandaloo by mandaloo

"the snorkeling is a must as the fish are amazing, "

• mandaloo by mandaloo

"we loved naam bay both during the day & at night "

• LyndaBaz by LyndaBaz

"100 to the cleaners, waiters, bar staff & left over currency to reception. "

• David H by David H

"it depends upon what you want from your holiday. we are all different, and no Hotel can cover that 100% "

• Beth K by Beth K

"Get the hell out of there "

Viva Sharm Hotel is also called