About Verginia Sharm Resort

• swimup bar
  • tv channel one russia
  • adult pool

Good

The best holiday we've had yet

Reviewed Tue 9th of July 2013

"My family stayed hear for the two weeks and had a fantastic holiday,the staff were very very friendly and helpful they always had a smile for us.my son who was 13 loved it too,apart from trip to pyramids we rarely left hotel complex.the rooms were spotless as was rest of hotel and loved the towel shaped to be a swan on beds when we arrived would definitely recommend and will no doubt go back ourselves. "

• Travel date: Thu 4th of July 2013

Worst holiday ever

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"My daughter and partner saved hard for an allinclusive holiday here, place was a dump on arrival they asked to be moved but had to stay, food was slops, they only cater for russians, entertainment was rubbish, 3rd day in my daughter becomes very ill where she remained in her dismal room for 4 days,reps not helpful at all then dr had to be called on last day and she was put on a drip, diagnosed with bacteria in her stomach and gastroenitis(food poisoning), i was glad to get them home, going to be some complaint letters written to holiday company to try and get some money back, Do not not not go to this place....."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of November 2012

Bad Customer relations and services

Reviewed Mon 27th of February 2012

"We booked to stay at the Sol Virgina on the 16th February 2012 for a week, we arrived early evening, we were given our rooms which were on the 3rd floor, the stairs were in complete darkness, the bathroom stank like raw sewerage, the bathroom sink was dirty. We went down to dinner the restaurant Manager made a big fuss when we walked in, since we had been travelling since 5am we were hungry looking forward to dinner, Chicken and chips was on offer, the chips were stone cold and the chicken was rock hard, we had only booked half board. On the following day we went down to breakfast which was not to bad, being as we did not book for lunch we went to the bar to get a snack menu, the bar attendant gave us a drinks menu when my daughter asked for a food menu he laughed at her and handed over another menu, we had previously asked our tour rep to get us transferred which he did. I would not recommend this hotel to any one unless it has a complete overhaul and lots of customer services training for staff we have been to Sharm el Sheikh 3 times so it is not a new experience for us as a family. Reading other reviews it does not seem to me that the problems have been resolved."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of February 2012

wonderful week

Reviewed Wed 13th of April 2011

"a week of fun and relaxation. great room and balcony. staff were brilliant especially SAMY AND MOHAMMED. pretty surroundings. entertainment day and night was really good. had a fun week. plenty 2 eat. will go again. "

• Travel date: Wed 13th of April 2011

relaxing

Reviewed Fri 13th of February 2009

"Just come back from the most relaxing holiday.Totally enjoyed the atmosphere in the hotel. Staff could not be more friendly. Massage and spa treatments well worth having. Hotel spotless. Food is good although not enough variey for europeans but you are in Egypt so do not expect european food! Plenty of shops to see, no pressure from local shops but expect hassle from Old Market where they dont take no for an answer. All in all a most enjoyable trip and would most definitly go back."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of February 2009

Carol and Gerry stayed here

Reviewed Fri 10th of October 2008

"Stayed here from 24/9/08 - 8/10/08. Lovely accomodation. friendly staff. All inclusive was from 11am -11pm Big complaint was - no cold drinks. beer was always warm. The bar never had ice. The bar staff did not like to give cold beer. The beer was really warm and spoiled the stay at the hotel. No fridge in room, only a cool box to keep drinks cool. Otherwise a nice hotel and good location. "

• Travel date: Fri 10th of October 2008

This place was horrible!!! Food, room, s...

Reviewed Tue 2nd of September 2008

"This place was horrible!!! Food, room, swimming pool and bar it wasn't like a 4* hotel. We paid for all inclusive and we still had to pay for almost everything... If u don't want to waste your holiday just DON'T GO THERE!!! Only good thing about this hotel was entertainment and room cleaning service but that's not enough!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of September 2008

What an awful place to stay!!!! we have...

Reviewed Tue 12th of August 2008

"What an awful place to stay!!!! we have all arrived home with tummy upsets, food was awful and certainly not all inclusive! There wasn’t a kid’s club even though OTB states that it does, very poor entertainment. I wish I had read the reviews before I booked, I suppose a lesson learnt and I will not make the same mistake again. If anyone is reading this thinking i'm sure it wasn't that bad then you are badly mistaken....... the worst holiday i have ever been on!! Would not go back if you paid me!!!! Most of the guests there were Eastern European and Very, Very rude and actually a lot of the staff were rude and miserable. The hotel certainly was not set up for young families but again OTB said it was. I suppose the other lesson learnt is that I would NEVER book a holiday through OTB again!!!! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ACTUALLY ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY THEN AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!!!!! "

• Travel date: Tue 12th of August 2008

Where to begin!?? Food was terrible, mos...

Reviewed Mon 11th of August 2008

"Where to begin!?? Food was terrible, most of our party ended up with up-set tummies, and after talking to other English patrons most of them did too! NO KIDS CLUB at all, no entertainment for kids even though On The Beach site stated there was! Not even a hotel for families as no kids ent and loud music played till very late. Many of the patrons of this hotel were rude Eastern Europe people, not very nice atall. Only All Inclusive holiday we've been on where we have LOST weight! All Inc should make your life easy, but not at this hotel! But the biggest let-down was the lack of a kids club or any kids entertainement. Very dissapointed that OTB did not make this clear as kids club was the reason we booked this hotel and I even questioned whether we needed to pre-book kids club with OTB and they never once mentioned there wouldn't be anything for the kids!"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2008

I found OTB through google and was pleas...

Reviewed Thu 7th of August 2008

"I found OTB through google and was please with the prices.

i booked a 8 night break to Egypt through the website and went through all the steps you usually take the make a booking online.

We received almost instant automated e-mail response advising that we had made a provisional booking and that it was subject to change prior to receipt of the final booking summary.

After a few hours received another e-mail from OTB saying they had tried to contact us and please call back (I was at my desk all day, and I had no missed calls so unless I provided a incorrect number they didn't try very hard)

It took me several attempts to get through to someone. It would ring and the phone would be picked up but no one would speak I could just hear general office noise in the background including one woman complaining about work, and swearing.

Eventually when someone actually spoke they were quite rude, advised us that the flights had gone up and they were now a extra £200 pp. We wanted a cheap holiday so told them that we didn't want the holiday at that price. They said they would cancel and a refund would be issued, I advised that they hadn't charged me and that they could just stop the charge from going through. It went through 2 days after this conversation took place and we are still waiting for a £800 refund!

Avoid at all costs especially a £800 one! Then again if you have disposable money go for it! "

• Travel date: Thu 7th of August 2008

I found the hotel to be good value for m...

Reviewed Fri 27th of June 2008

"I found the hotel to be good value for money. The breakfast was fairly varied, the bar menu was enough for a light snack and reasonably priced, i prefer to go and eat out at night in Naama or Old market, yes i agree the streets are not as clean as at home but i was not at home so do not expect it, the staff were friendly but not over friendly which i have found in other sharm hotels which personally i prefer, the room was cleaned daily beds and linen changed, i had a large balcony room on the 3rd floor which was lovely.the pool was lovely and quiet unlike some other hotel pools where music blares out constantly, this hotel was just right for me and i have just booked it again for 2 weeks in october, so dont be put off , ive stayed at the cleapatra, amar sina, viva sharm. ocean bay,ocean club, mexicana and badawia and this is the best so far !!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of June 2008

avoid at all cost!!!!! this hotel only c...

Reviewed Sat 5th of April 2008

"avoid at all cost!!!!! this hotel only caters for eastern europeans!!! if you want to go for a week all inclusive prepare for no fruit, fish ans the snacks are all to pay for. sauna, massage, & gym are only available to those who are prepared to have a massage etc. there is nothing for children except-darts, table tennis and a pool. toddlers etc-there are no facilitys. prepare to be eaten alive by mosquito's, and go to bed at 11pm when the bar closes. on my departure i spoke to the manager who has given me a free holiday which i will not be taking."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of April 2008

Hotels near Verginia Sharm Resort

Top traveller tips for Verginia Sharm Resort

• Unhappy holiday by Unhappy holiday

"Customer service training, Cleaning training, and checking all lights on stairwells "

• Brian P by Brian P

"The pyramids are a must along with Cairo museum and the temples and valley of the Kings. "

Verginia Sharm Resort is also called