Good

More like a 2 to 3 star

Reviewed Mon 24th of February 2014

"We went AI and quickly realized that this was more like full board. It was practically impossible to get a drink due the hotel and pool bars being closed most of the day. This meant that you had to go to the beach bar to get a drink. The drinks, including beer where served in plastic cups a little bigger than a shot glass. There were no mid morning or afternoon snack. They wanted 2 Egyptian dollars to play an hours pool on an old tatty pool table using cue sticks without any rubbers. No variety to the limited food on offer. One chef with two small frying pans trying to cook pancakes, omelets and eggs for the long queue of waiting holiday makers. The staff were rude and took every opportunity to ignore you. They always seemed to be hurrying off somewhere but never doing anything. We were hassled day and night to spend money on massages, trips, camel rides. Woken up on the sun loungers to be coerced into playing darts or water aerobics or to become the nightly 'entertainment' participating in competitions or karaoke etc.
On the upside, the rooms and hotel were very clean and beds comfortable but a little firm. "

• Travel date: Fri 21st of February 2014

A week in hell

Reviewed Tue 17th of September 2013

"Lovely looking Hotel with own beach but food very basic drinks very limited and kept running out some of the staff were great the rest don't trust money taken peeping toms and the manager so far up his own area would not talk to any one avoid this place would be my view"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of September 2013

Nice location pity about the hotel

Reviewed Fri 7th of October 2011

"I have just returned from holidaying at the 'partner' Turquise Beach Hotel, it is located across the road from the beach, in walking distance of the Old Town. The beach is sandy and gently slopes to deeper water in the bay, alongside the sewage pumping station, three pipes go well out from the beach.
On arrival I was welcomed and as it was late food and drinks were provided after normal hours. The rooms were clean but very old and need modenisation' water pressure for shower at a trickle of sometimes brown water, a new block is opening late 2011, new wing and pool in 3 years.
It was particularly quiet only about 12 room of 70 in use at first arrival, the choice of food at all meals was very limited, flavourless, not hot with slow service, but you have to ask if you need anything (at breakfast I had to ask for fruit, orange or banana only) The initial reponce is, no! ,from some staff but you have to persist. {It's like bartering}
The hotel sprays daily for bugs but it is not fully effective, as in all hot countries, cockroaches and bugs are the norm, the hotel is also wick with cats.
The gardens are well tendered and the pizzaria ajoining hotel is fine. A short walk into old town try Kings or Fares to eat out.
No evidence of pool cleaning and a lack of chlorine smell
or indeed no evidence of sample water checks or filter changing whilst I was there.
The hotel is not of the standard of other 4 star hotel I have stayed at in Sharm, some staff here should get 'jobs worth' awards, while others try realy hard to please.
other notes; the Bar/Disco had no aircon working; the internet was down; no bus service to the other beach or Namma bay due to low occupancy; No curtessy room for late check out (told to use open beach shower and change in toilets); Very few ammeanities, pool table and air football in main bar in a very used condition, no lighting or air con'; no animation or entertainment.
Would I recommend this hotel? NO! however cheep.
Two guests HAD stayed before for location, close to beach and old town, but I will not be returning in any hurry."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of June 2011

One of the friendliest hotels we have ev...

Reviewed Sun 14th of September 2008

"One of the friendliest hotels we have ever stayed in. the cleaners were brilliant and very friendly, as were the waiters and restaurant manager. The maintenance guy, was always chatting away and very pleasant. The food was basic but good and we had no problems with illness. What people don't understand is that many cases of the "runs" when on holiday are not caused by the food but buy the effect of the extreme heat on the body.

The only thing i did not like about this hotel was the fact there were so many Russians there. They are arrogant, rude and downright nasty. They have spoiled many a persons holiday as we have been to this hotel three times and seen how they speak to the staff. One guy was asked to put his cigarette out as he was in the pool and he wouldn't do it, so as i was near him i splashed it with water and said "it's out now then". The look on his face was brilliant as the russians are not used to anyone standing up to them.

but they are the only drawback. the friendliness of the staff is great and they do anything for you.
we will go back here many times. To us its a home from home and from the second time we arrived there we were recogised straight away and are welcomed greately every year."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of September 2008

PLEASE PLEASE READ THIS........this was...

Reviewed Thu 11th of September 2008

"PLEASE PLEASE READ THIS........this was my 3rd time in Egypt and by far the worst, the hotel was clean and the manager was a very nice man but that is all the good hings i can say about this hotel. I have never had such awful food in Egypt, even at the Bedowin meal!!! this is mostly a russian hotel who were rude, arrogant, noisy and constantly drunk! there was pooh in the pool, YES POOH...when the manager was informed they netted it out and threw it in the bushes 2 foot away............ no entertainment (apart from the russians falling off the bar stools lol) there was a beach party held once a week but it started at midnight, im sure there was a man standing outside you bedroom door at 4am every morning praying, loudly....! we only stayed for 4 days and returned to our usual hotel The Conrad and had a brill time. i wish we choose the conrad in the first place but we decided to try somewhere different and cheaper, never again!!!!!! PLEASE read this and take the warning, 3 out of 4 of us were extremely ill, once arrived home 2 of us went to the dr and were tested for COMPILABACTA and still suffered with stomach pains two weeks on returning home"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of September 2008

Im 15 years old so im sorry if my lanuag...

Reviewed Tue 12th of August 2008

"Im 15 years old so im sorry if my lanuage isnt very good! This hotel was disgusting! I went with my mum. aunite and cousin. For 5 days my mum and auntie were in bed with what i think was food poisoning, and are still ill now. I was also serverly ill, but passed as we got tablets from a nearby chemist. The food was awful. The meat wasn't cooked. Mainly food for Russian's. Had to pay for bottled water! Two of the staff were friendly. Pool was unsatisfactory. There was two pieces of excretion (which was thrown into a bush). Tiles were falling off. Ladders were broken. Russian men were playing watervolley ball when told not allowed so no English could get into the pool as we were intimidated. Reception staff were rubbish. If you asked for help you would barely get it. The rooms were ok. Clean i must admit. First night we had a cockroach on our balcony, but that was the only one. Not very many English at all ! Absolute no entertainment. Had to pay to play pool and air hockey. Very boring for me and my 12 years old cousin.

Overall. I would never go back to this hotel. And i would advise people never to go. As i wouldnt be going there ever again. should be a ** hotel in my eyes."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of August 2008

we arrived at this hotel in Aug 08. the...

Reviewed Sun 10th of August 2008

"we arrived at this hotel in Aug 08. the room we were shown to was large and very clean. when attending breakfast the following morning, it was buffet style, fresh omelettes were made to order, there was a selection of fruit and breads. it looked basic but OK. when we returned for lunch there was a selection consisting of fish and chicken with rice or pasta, salads and some deserts. i decided to have the chicken but seeing it pink in the middle did not eat it and would not allow my son to either, we ate bread and jelly for desert.The evening meal was similar. My son had bread again, i decided to eat the beef, mostly fat but tasted OK. The following morning i had a stomach upset but thought it was through the travelling. Later that day the stomach pains began. My sister and her daughter were also suffering. we attended the local pharmacy and purchased some medication for diarrhoea. From then on we would attend for breakfast then take the bread for the lunch and evening meals but go next door to the Italian restaurant for pizza.
On our second day a group of six Russian people arrived, they sat around the pool bar and drank as much alcohol as they possibly could.Once they were all drunk they began playing ball games in the pool, this was prohibited,the management spoke to them on numerous occasions but they continued. It got so out of hand that anyone with children including ourselves left the pool area. Much to the delight of the Russian group. The following morning at breakfast my son went to the buffet for his bread rolls, one of the male Russians stood on his foot, then pushed him with his elbow out of the way, my son returned to the table upset, but it was not till later in the day i found out what had happened. From then on this Russian family of three males two females and a child seemed to take delight in upsetting anyone who was British.
We decided to make the best of it and all went to the pool to try and enjoy our stay, while swimming in the pool my son came over and said there was some feces in the pool. this was reported to the management who sent out someone from maintenance to deal with it. He arrived with a fishing type net on a pole fished out the feces then threw it in the bushes surrounding the pool.
I could go on forever, But to shorten , we spent four days with stomach cramps, sickness and diarrhoea.Once management heard that we had asked to move they were surly towards us (not that they were a bundle of laughs to begin with). we have taken photos of the broken tiles in the pool which myself and my son cut our feet on.
The food was geared towards the Russian pa-let.( and no we did not expect fish and chips, just cooked food).
The beach which was across the road looked fantastic with water sports available for payment. The water was brown which we later discovered was because of the sewage pipe running through it.
The rep was helpful but could not get us moved quickly enough so we made contact ourselves with another hotel paid the extra and moved that day.
Please be careful if choosing this hotel, our experience was not good, we have all attended the doctor and are awaiting results of tests, i am myself still suffering the effects."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of August 2008

This hotel was extremely friendly and cl...

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2007

"This hotel was extremely friendly and clean as a whistle. Nothing was too much trouble. The location of the hotel was perfect in my opinion and I have travelled quite extensively.

If you want to go on any trips then my advice to you is to see BONZO on the beach. This guy is 100% trustworthy and can arrange anything from quad biking/camel riding in the desert (highly recommended) to star gazing, the best places for snorkelling, trips to the aqua park etc etc. We found a good friend in BONZO and exchanged numbers so we could all stay in contact.

All the guys at the bar on the beach are so very friendly and have great advice on what to do / where to go in Sharm.

This was one of the best holidays I have had and it is because of the people I met that made it so special.

When you see BONZO, say Hi from Jason and Laura."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of November 2007

I simply cannot understand anyone who pr...

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2007

"I simply cannot understand anyone who praises this hotel at all, or anyone who claims to have had a quiet relaxing holiday.

Whilst the pool area and the rooms are clean and satisfactory, it's all downhill from then on, until you reach the nadir - the food!! Mostly quite uneatable.

Fortunately there are eating places within walking distance, but hardly ideal for an all inclusive holiday! The piped music from morn till night is very annoying and the beach quite uninspiring, across a BUSY road with fast traffic.

Biting insects and almost inevitable stomach upsets add to the miseries. No entertainment worth speaking of.

This hotel is certainly NOT 4 star. Please do not go there, book somewhere else - ANYWHERE else!"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of October 2007

Very disappointed with hotel, more like...

Reviewed Tue 18th of September 2007

"Very disappointed with hotel, more like a 2 star.

Staff unfriendly, pool dirty, pool steps unstable, food not good selection and like 2 star hotel, half pints beer served and could only get one at a time and had to sign for each drink.

Entertainment was on the beach which was across a busy road and you had to pay for drinks there (in hotel they were free but at entertainment you had to pay! or cross busy road all night!).

Worst hotel ever stayed in everyone there was very disappointed. Unfortunately we never got footage of this so got no compensation.

We never got meal after day trip which we had booked were so hungry asked manager for chips but would only cook if we paid them.

Beach there is man made so can't go snorkelling as can't see fish. So went taxi cab to other beaches. Ruined our holiday, but we were unlucky as other hotels there are good."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

Well, where do I start? I’m not usual...

Reviewed Mon 2nd of July 2007

"Well, where do I start?

I’m not usually the complaining type but there is a first for everything, so here goes.

No 1. On arrival I was very disappointed to find such an ugly looking hotel compared to all the other hotels that we had dropped other holiday makers off at.

No 2. Once checked in we went to our room and what did we find...dirty bathroom, dirty sheets, broken beds and no aircon.

No 3. Cockroaches galore...all running around the room ugh!

No 4. No nightlife whatsoever... just an uninviting bar with naff drinks and staff.

No 5. Food was rotten. Kids refused to eat and I don’t blame them, wouldn’t have given it to my Jack Russell.

Myself and the missus said no to this and paid an extra £350 to upgrade to the LTI Grand Azure, and what can I say, but superb.

A beautiful magical place of sheer 5 star fandaydosyness. A superb end to what could have been a nightmare of dream holiday.

Be warned, don’t take the risk and book somewhere else."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007

The hotel is absolutely superb. Upon arr...

Reviewed Thu 21st of June 2007

"The hotel is absolutely superb. Upon arrival our immediate reaction was to how clean the whole and surrounding areas were. They take a lot of pride in the presentation of the hotel.

We arrived very late due to a flight delay, around midnight, but the staff were still around in force and made sure we arrived properly. We were checked in fairly quickly and out bags were immediately taken to our room. Even at around midnight, the chef was still around, knowing we would arrive late, and had plates of food made up for us, even if we weren't hungry.

As we arrived in June the hotel wasn't very busy. This meant we would have the pool to ourselves on some days and there is very little noise. Very relaxing!!! The pool is a great size and there are plenty of sun beds.

The pool bar is very good and always has someone on it, even if there is no guests around. The staff are excellent and always willing to help. They always ensured each day was passed without any complaints or problems.

The beach is very good and very clean. There is a sewage pipe running out to the left of the beach.

On a hot day we hired a pedalo and actually followed this and the pipe went way out through the bay and out to sea a very long way, we didn't dare go too far. But those who complained about the pipe in previous reviews obviously didn't look that far and realise that is cannot defect the beach in any way. The staff at the beach are great and always look after you.

The rooms were fantastic! Our sheets, towels etc were changed daily and the whole room was cleaned top to bottom also on a daily basis. The rooms are fairly large and has a beautiful full width patio door opening onto the balcony. We were lucky and had a pool view, which incorporates the views over the beach. This was a wonderful view to wake up to every morning.

The food we had for the full board was very good. There was a good choice of potatoes, rice, veg, pasta, salad and meat for lunch and dinner and a great choice of desserts available. The only slight low point was that after a week they seem to repeat the menu, which was a bit repetitive. But, this can be solved easily.

There is a small Italian restaurant called 'Fernando's' next to the hotel. The food here is unbelievable and definitely up to Gordon Ramsey’s liking. the staff again are brilliant and the prices are very good. The portions are very large and very good value for money.

Overall, our holiday was probably the best I’ve had, and I have been on many!! I would definitely recommend this hotel and location to anyone thinking of visiting Sharm el Sheikh. "

• Travel date: Thu 21st of June 2007

Hotels near Turquoise Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Turquoise Beach Hotel

• Jewelsy by Jewelsy

"Take a 'do not disturb' board on the beach and around the pool. Also take your own drink and go full board. "

• Bruce at Ferry by Bruce at Ferry

"If all you just want a beach, some fish veiwed snorkling, boats or a base near old town OK - Local Egyptians use this hotel. "

Turquoise Beach Hotel is also called