Tropitel Naama Bay

Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 46628 Egypt

Not Bad but Not 5 Star

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"We booked this last minute thru teletext. Not going to go on for too long here. We travelled 2 blonde girls on our own. Got harrassed quite a bit to be honest. Both in and out of the hotel. No one is trying to make u feel uncomfortable and we soon got used to the new attention. Hotel staff are very helpful. Rooms are kept spotless. All inclusive is rubbish compared to Carribean. Food grim and repetitive. The rooms above the 700s are lovely but a massive walk back down to restaurant and reception. Not suitable for anyone with mobility issues, or infact pushchairs/kids as there are steps and no lift. Entertainment really bad. Right in the centre of town so no taxis required. Sunrise ( I think thats what it was called) lovely. Hotel very clean.
Would possibly return if it was a good enough deal .

Good 3 star...not even close to 5 star.

Have got some photos but wasnt able to load them as they were too big"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of February 2007

massive complex

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"Me and my dad travelled to the tropitel naama bay on 6th feb till 13th feb and booked through fleetway travel and flew with GB Airways (British airways)

we was told it was a five star property and we were the only two people from the flight and we thought this was either an exclusive hotel or a stitch up.

So we arrived to very friendly porters and bags carried into reception. As I checked in I said to the guy that we requested a ground floor room as my dad has walking difficulties and he politely said that no request had been made, without hesitation he said there was no rooms nearby (I will get onto the further rooms later) so he gave us the junior suite which was 2 floors up from reception area room 306. the room was massive and had 2 bathrooms. Next morning I asked how much is the upgrade and was told $30 U.S a night so we kept the suite. the cleaner kept the room spotless.

Now the all inclusive deal. (10am - 11pm) As you walk into hotel and check in you see a bar opposite end and you presume that that’s the main bar. It has all premium spirits and your face lights up as its like looking at a carribean bar based on imported spirit selection but as I went up there and ordered 2 beers and a rum I was told this bar was not all inclusive and a little bar near reception called the sunset bar, which isn’t open till 6pm. You get this bottled Luxor beer which gets too gassy and local cheap spirits. The gin was like a vodka tequila mix. Ali the main barman is such a friendly barman tip him 50 Egyptian pounds (roughly £5) the 1st night and you will not wait ever when that bar is packed.

Apparently its only been 3 months since they started doing all inclusive. There are lots of guests on half board and full board basis but its gonna be all inclusive to everyone soon

There is no coffee machine in room and the coffee you got was tasteless at the bars. If you wanted something near the mark you had to pay £1 at main bar or get coffee with your meals free. The food in the palm restaurant was plentiful and of very good quality and you'll like the fresh pasta dishes. We always went out to eat dinner as wanted to sample the untold restaurants that naama bay has. You also have to pay for bottled water at 80p a bottle

They serve snacks around 10pm which is basically just cakes which really isn’t what you may want to eat after you have had a few drinks etc

There is a pool bar outside the reception which opens at 10-4 which is all inclusive but there is a slippery footbridge that leads to it if you don’t fancy going into the pool to get to the bar. There is also the sunrise bar that opens 10-5 but it’s a heck of a walk from the rooms near reception and you have about 30 plus steps to reach the flat area before you continue up a hill to the bar. The rooms that start 700 – 800 are only good if you don’t have walking difficulties as they are located near the sunrise pool/bar so for meals etc you will have to make the journey 3 plus times a day. I also didn’t see any washrooms by the sunrise bar unless they were hidden behind the 2 storey apartments. So if you had rooms in main building you had a long way to go.

On the 2nd floor they are building a new all inclusive bar but not sure when it will be finished.

They done 5 out of 7 days entertainment with 1 being at the Mexican restaurant next door virtually which was a karaoke night. Although you were all inclusive you still had to buy drinks there even though the tropitel owns it.

The private beach is located probably 400 metres away from hotel. You cant miss it (we did at 1st) haha. You will see a cruise liner type design which is a casino and on the right hand side you will see a sign hotel naama bay, just walk under it and you will see the beach and a beach bar. As my dad had walking probs we stopped by a bar, its joined to the new tiran hotel. Bottle Heineken £1.50. we used that bar nearly everyday and one night we was given a fruit platter free. I recommend the mixed grill and steak sandwich there.

The location of the hotel for being in the main town you cant fault. So many places to eat. I recommend India house dead opposite the hotel entrance in the mall and if you like chicken tikka go for the chicken cubes red and green you wont be disappointed, the Mexican next door did nice tacos and fajitas and the other place you must try is ali baba’s 2, (just walk out of the hotel and turn left and takes about 4 mins if u take your time and its on left hand side) we never found number 1 but all part of same chain and the mixed grill there was fantastic. On average for 2 of u with drinks, starter main course it came to around £20 which is great based on the portions and quality. Your not too far from hard rock café, kfc,pizza hut.

Overall it was a good holiday, prime location, met some nice people specially Derek and Barbara who are probably laughing now over their cappuccino moment. All the hotel staff couldn’t do enough for you. The only thing that lacked was they needed to research the all inclusive side of things. Once this gets sorted out it will be an even better place. But beach lovers I would not recommend this place to as you will see by the pictures and anyone with severe mobility problems."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of February 2007

Fun hotel great value for money

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Travel Dates 14-21 jan 07. All inclusive
Our group consisted of 6 people, 2 adults 2 x 18 year old boys 2x 12 year old boys.
Sharm is a fantastic friendly, very safe family resort for all ages.
The hotel was great value for money clean, tidy not five star more like three plus but the freindly helpfull staff make up for the missing stars.
no complaints at all, the location is exellent, in the center of everything.
Food was good lots of it with plenty of variety.
The hotel and rooms do show some signs of wear and tear, but all are spotlessly clean, and all the bedding is changed daily.
Getting drinks at meal times was a bit of an art, but if you help yourself its easy, and a smal tip and a big smile to the right people at the start of the holiday goes a very long way.
Naama Bay Hotel (also known as Tropytel )cannot be faulted for the price.
We had a fantastic time and will be going back."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of January 2007

Naama Bay Hotel Sharm

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Arrived at hotel at 10pm at night on 30th Dec. Had to wait 1 hour for room to be ready but staff were very friendly, eventually they took our luggage to the room. The all inclusive is not really. The only inside bar is from 8pm -11pm & they have very little selection. during the day the all inclusive is from the pool bar - you have to pay £1 for tonic water & £1.30 for a tomato juice, but local spirits - well only gin/rum/whisky/vodka are available plus local wine & beer - so trapsing all round for a drink is not the best, the pool bar on the roof was nice, & a few English gathered there to share papers & magazines, lifeguard & bar man very friendly buy you really need to grease their palms daily -say 20 egypt pounds -£2 English - Rooms very very clean, we had clean sheets & towels every day, Food was of a good quality available from 6.30am til 10 - then lunch from 12 til 3 then dinner from 7 til 10. Beautiful bread, you should find something to suit everyone there
Hotel is central to shops & beach in Sharm, but hotel beach is very crowded & small
All in all great time.,..... & apart from all inclusive problems would in general recommend hotel but pls be aware IT IS NOT A FIVE STAR HOTEL - WOULD SAY 3 WOULD BE GENEROUS BUT IS CLEAN AND CENTRAL"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of January 2007

Superb hotel, well located

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"Stayed in this hotel for 10 days, the rooms were tidy and clean, my room had it's own safety deposit box which I thought was a nice touch. Mainly used the room as a B&B, because I was diving every day. Breakfast was fine and usually I was there at 7am, so no queues for anything which was nice.
I found the location of this hotel great, because Naama Bay's shopping centre is just across the road, also all the dive centres were close to the hotel too, along with the bars and nightclubs, so 10/10 for location! Everything was within walking distance.
I found the staff on the whole very pleasant, had some good conversations with them both in english and arabic, my arabic is improving every time I visit Egypt.
My advice to anybody staying in Egypt, as a whole, is tip the cleaner at least £100LE on the first day, you will notice great improvements to your room, like extra fruit baskets, more towels in weird and wonderful shapes, extra shampoo and soap, plus really anything you want. Well it may not work for everybody but it works for me, you are on holiday at the end of the day?! Another one to tip is the bell boy who delivers your cases on the first day, at least £100LE again, watch the difference, the door will be held open for you at all times, they will all stop and have a chat with you and generally be very welcoming.
Other advice to anybody visiting the Red Sea for the first time, do try out scuba diving, start off with a PADI DSD course, see if you like it before doing a PADI Open Water Course, it is seriously addictive. This is now my fourth trip to the Red Sea and I love it. The Red Sea can boast some of the best scuba diving in the world. Also watch out for the sun, it is hot and you will burn, Drink at least 2 litres of water a day to avoid dehydration and the jelly bellies!! Have a fantastic time!"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of January 2007

Exellent Hotel

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Have just returned from a weeks AI at Naama Bay Hotel and i must say it was a wonderful experience. I travelled alone with my two teenage daughters who also enjoyed themselves.
The food was fantastic although as its not expensive to eat out in Sharm i'm sure we didnt need to go AI. All drinks are included with meals although did find trying to get more than one drink with your meal quite hard at times, waiters just abit slow but then they are very busy and do work extremely hard!
Hotel itself is stunning and very very clean, rooms large and airy and we had a lovely balcony that looked straight out onto the bay.
Great for just sitting and people watching, although could be abit noisy at night as you could hear the music from the clubs until 4 in the morning!!
The pools are lovely and clean and warm! Best one was up at the Cliff Top with wonderful pool men to keep you your beds and look after you well.
Unfortunally not many english people stayed when we did but prehaps just one of those things. Staff all speak very good english though and seemed to like us!
Hopefully would love to go back as cannot fault the hotel and its right in the centre of Naama Bay."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of October 2006

With love to Sharm

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"I ve staid 2 times in naama bay , and the only thing i can tell you-this is the best hotel in sharm, with best animation team ever!! from 9.30 morning till 12 pm the animation team will be with you!! which is great. The food, rooms, service are pretty good-egyptian 5 stars :). Next time- just Naama bay!"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of October 2006

Great Hotel & Facilities

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"We enjoyed our stay at this hotel the staff are very friendly and helpful. There are 3 swimming pools which 2 are very quiet, breakfast is very good and plenty of choice. The beach is just a short stroll from the hotel and the staff see you get a sunbed, dont take beach towels as they are provided each day at the beach and round the hotel pool area. The rooms are quite large and vey clean the balconys are well furnished"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of October 2006

Best Hotel ever (Recomended)

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Naama Bay Hotel is the best hotel you can try in sharm,its in the center of the market ,1 minute from hard rock,bus stop,KFC ,Pizza hut,no need for a taxi ,the food is great there
there are 4 pools,hilton ,marriot is all far from the market ,me myself thougt from the reveiws here that hilton is better in location,but it seemed that hilton is far away 15 min from the market,and the beach is great there are always games there,oh and you can train in gym for free in the hotel.next year i will go to naama bay again
if you need any more info email"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of June 2006

Worth a look

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"I've stayed in this hotel 3 times, the rooms are large and very clean, breakfast is very good with quite a lot of choice. The hotel has one main pool which is busy, in the afternoon it becomes shaded and it has a swim up pool bar.

But the best bit, and my top tip, is there are, I think, 3 other pools which are located on the top of the cliff overlooking the hotel and Naama Bay! As you walk in to the accomodation block behind the reception, go to the 3rd floor (could be 4th) and make your way to the left. You will find a door to the outside and some steps to the cliff top (not many), Once on the cliff top walk up the road and to the right there is a Pool and a bit further on there is one to the left. These pools are empty and have a pool boy, bar/cafe with chef and waiter and all for a handfull of guests!!

The hotel is a bit Fawlty Towers but has a great location and the 'secret' pools make up for the service."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of March 2006

best holiday and hotel we have ever had

Reviewed Thu 27th of June 2013

"everything about the hotel and staff was first class. We went with our daughter and 17yr old grandaughter and were a bit apprehensive because we had seen a few negative reviews. We had paid for superior rooms but when we got there we were shown the small print which said we hadn't but the rooms we were put in were great, right next to the olympic pool.When we spoke to our rep he said that we had paid for superior rooms and straight away we were offered the most beutiful rooms ever but we were happy where we were so declined the offer of moving because we were settled and happy where we were anyway. Then 4 days away from the end of our holiday we decided we would like to change because it was getting hotter each day and the hill was getting too much, we were offered another superior room without any bother so it was like two different holidays. The new room was above the main pool and was more livlier and nearer the strip whilst up the hill was quieter. We were offered the 900 rooms but they were further up the hill and too quiet for us. There was good range of food in both restaurants but the food in the main complex seemed hotter, most probably because it was the busiest, They both catered for most cultures so we had a field time trying all sorts of different foods. The presentation was lovely and the staff were always so friendly, The only downside was the entertainment, but with so many different visitors from other countries it is hard to please everyone at the same time.We enjoyed going to the bars on the strip outside especially Aladdins. The beach was immaculate,towels were always clean,I liked the idea of not having to carry towels about, the towel card is a great idea. If you go on holiday here you only need towels if you go on the trips.The room towels are changed everyday and sheets as well.The clinic on the complex were really helpful when my daughter,husband and grandaughter had a few health problems,(not the tummy) like to say a special thankyou to Peter the nurse who was very helpful in many ways and also to Alison, our guest liasion who helped sort our rooms out. We will definately come again,my daughter and grandaughter keep trying to persuade us to come in August, but we need to save up again so perhaps next Easter. Thankyou to everyone for making our stay so enjoyable. highlight was trip to star gazing, not impressed with glass boat see more when snorkelling"

• Travel date: Fri 21st of June 2013

FANTASTIC HOTEL

Reviewed Wed 5th of October 2011

"We have twice stayed at the Tropitel Naama Bay and are planning to return again on Boxing Day. This hotel is fantastic and the staff are a credit to the hotel. The location is great and you are literally a stones throw from the beautiful sandy beach. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to have a truly relaxing holiday with NONE pushy in your face staff. The only downside unfortunately, is the onsite clinic. We had been there for 2 days when i got bit by a mosquito i visited the doctor on site and he said that it wasn't a mosquito bite but an allergic reaction to the swimming pool!!! (interesting as I hadn't even been in the pool). I went back a few days later with an upset tummy he immediately gave a wry grin and said I knew you'd be back its all to do with the allergic reaction, the only cure is for me to put you on a drip (at a cost of £170 - i declined and immediately went out and rang a chemist back home and was told down have that option go to the chemist and get some rehydration sachets and anti-dior
rhea tablets - which i did and within 24 hours was back to my old self - have since read of others who have had the drip inserted and have remained ill for the majority of the holiday!!!)"

• Travel date: Sat 13th of August 2011

Hotels near Tropitel Naama Bay

Stayed at Tropitel Naama Bay? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Tropitel Naama Bay

• niddaljamali by niddaljamali

"have'nt got the time to do so. "

• paz87 by paz87

"Naama Bay is a lively area and i would definitely recommend it to anyone. "

• paz87 by paz87

"Definitely the trip to "

• dand j by dand j

"Naami bay is like a foreign margate "

• dand j by dand j

"any restaurants apart from the hotels "

• asgreat by asgreat

"Hard Rock Cafe, Pizza Hut, TGI Fridays and quad bikes "

• fed423 by fed423

"Fantastic especially at night. "

• angelhair by angelhair

"Has everything you could want - Fab place!!! "

• angelhair by angelhair

"snorkling, paragliding, camel rides "

• steph_knight by steph_knight

"I think naama bay is an amazing place and would reccomend anyone to go! "

• steph_knight by steph_knight

"swimming with dolphins, quad biking in desert and ras mohammed trip "

• paul-moore by paul-moore

"Go to Cairo. It's a long journey by coach but worth it for what you see and really cheap. "

• jj by jj

"all its got going for it is location "

• Raheem by Raheem

"It is a very nice place to go to. "

• Shell_Joe by Shell_Joe

"haggle prices...they expect 40% lower "

• Corns Family by Corns Family

"Fantastic family hotel, excellent service "

• Susie Q by Susie Q

"Not to visit the onsite clinic - "

• lynandron by lynandron

"be friendly to staff and they be friendly to you.Don't be afraid to say if anything wrong they go out of their way to help. be careful if booking with your rep make sure he does what he says he will do, our one didnt y "

Tropitel Naama Bay is also called