Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club

Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Good

Not bad for the price

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"As with most places there are good points and bad points.

The rooms are very spacious and clean, our room had 2 very large beds and ample wardrobe space. Rooms also have a small fridge and bathrooms have a built in hairdryer. Most rooms have a balcony overlooking the pool. Water pressure for the shower was very variable dependant on what time of day you used it.

There are 2 swimming pools, we only visited the large pool on our visit. Very nice looking pool with a swim up bar and a waterfall. The bottom of the pool is painted cement and the paint is coming off in a lot of places leaving the bottom very rough . The hotel provide towels for sunbeds, but you will need to be up very early in the morning if you do want a sunbed. Most of the 'prime' spots were reserved before midnight on most days.

We thought the food in the restaurant was quite good, with the exception of breakfast which we found to be very poor with very little choice.. There are 3 theme nights per week, Mexican, Egyptian and Indian, however we did find that the food did become rather repetative, howver the staff in the restaurant were brilliant, we couldnt fault them.

The pool bars are open from 10 am until 1730 pm. We found the bar servrice very intermittant, some days average, some days very poor, with the bar staff pretending to be deaf and not hearing you ask for a drink. Unless you are lucky and manage to acquire one of the very limited supply of plastic tumblers, drinks are served in small vending machine cups. The snacks consisted of pizza, burgers and chips.

At 17:00 the lobby bar opens, service in there, again very hit and miss with the waiters forgetting to bring drinks after you had queued to order them, and they had then offered to bring them to your table. Glasses are also in very short supply in here, so if you get one, hang on to it, or suffer the vending machine cups.

The entertainment is pretty poor in the evening, the usual animation team antics of singing and dancing - not our cup of tea.

The hotel will also provide free safety deposit boxes dependant on availability, these are located in reception.

We thought the hotel was in quite a good location, its about 10 - 15 mins walk into the centre of Naama Bay. There is also a private beach at the New Tiran Hotel, however we chose to use the public beach when we visited, It was much quieter and only cost 10LE per day including towels. Drinks were also very reasonably priced there.

On the whole we had a very enjoyable 2 weeks at the Jasmine Club, and cant really complain for the price we paid."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of June 2009

Good hotel except for the bar

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"The rooms all have air con and are a good size, they are cleaned every day. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The 2 pools are very good and about the right size for the hotel. The food is all buffet style and after 2 weeks starts to get boring. The bar is in reception and can be quite hot, and they never have enough glasses so they use plastic cups, it makes it feel like going to a childrens party.

The hotel is about 10-15 minutes from the beach and town but is on a slight hill, In UK tempratures it would be ok but in 44 degrees it is like climbing a mountain.

We had a good time and I would go back there again but it would have to be cooler."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of June 2009

it was ok

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"I stayed at the hotel the weather was hot the pool was ok could do with the floor being painted, friendly staff lovel room cleaners, all inclusive finished at 11pm reception area was awful, food was ok done theme nights, waiters dont like you ordering more than 2drinks at a time, entertainment could have been a bit better, good animation team. the rosetta next door looked lovely. i would return to egypt but not this hotel was very plain."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of June 2009

Really enjoyed it :o)

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Good points about the hotel:
great loacation 10 mins walk from naama bay
food was pretty good, lots to choose from (im very picky)
2 swimming pools, livley one and a quieter one
the staff are helpful & friendly
rooms were tidied everyday
swiming pool bar serving rum,gin,vodka,ouzo,brandy, larger beer, 7up, pepsi, orangeade
towel hire
cleo waterpark is walking distance from hotel
fridge in rooms
you make friends with other people really easy everyones friendly
lots of small birds around ( i like birds)

Bad points:
all drinks were seved in small plastic cups day and sometimes night
vodka tastes wierd
the water in the watercooler was sometimes warm other that that you have to pay for bottled water 12 l.e
they stop serving drinks before midnight
the night time entertainment was VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV POOR, the reps make you play stupid games & its pretty boring.
no outside bar at night, you have to go inside to get a drink in a plastic cup.
no toilet in the lobby.

tips:
insect repellant is a MUST get boots aftersun with insect repellent great stuff!!!!!!!!!
avoid that man who has a pefume shop, he offers to write your name in arabic then he makes u buy perfume
barter barter barter

i really did enjoy this hol, i would go again"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of June 2009

Fine, very friendly staff

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"I had been worried about our trip, having read some of the reviews on this website which are very negative about this hotel. However, I had no need to be. I think the important thing to realise is that it isn't a 5 star hotel so if you compare it to one, it won't do too well! I think if you want a hotel where you're just going to spend all your time there, not leaving the pool and eating there all the time it could be quite tedious. But if you intend to go to the beach, or have drinks in town or anything then it's absolutely fine.

There is an odd mentality where people do get up at the crack of dawn to reserve their sun loungers round the pool. You either have to do this, or if you go down to the beach, there are always free loungers there. I found the beach much nicer as there was a breeze - and I love the sea!

The restaurant food: not 5 star but I always found food I thought was really good. They do themed nights and the food on each of these is definitely worth trying!!

Our room was fine, with air con and a balcony. The balcony chairs are a bit uncomfy so we cunningly moved our room armchairs out there (and the management didn't seem to mind). Room service (cleaning) was great and very friendly.

This was a theme really - the staff are very friendly and as you get to know them, they do bend the rules a bit for you. Going into the restaurant, I felt as though I was seeing friends. The same is true of the staff on the beach.
Another plus is hte location: it's not right on the beach but its only about a 7-8 min walk right into Sharm.

Downsides: no room service, would have been nice to wake up with a cup of coffee on the balcony.
It was my first experience of all-inclusive so I don't know if they're all like this, but it was quite regimented: you can't get drinks in bottles only in tiny cups. There is only ever one bar open at a time: the restaurant bar during breakfast, then the pool bars during hte day, then the lobby bar in the evening. I would say it's worth going ot a supermarket, getting soem really cheap beer and water and stocking them in the room fridges so that you can have drinks on your balcony etc.

Sharm el sheik itself: a bit tacky and touristy but not too bad. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like seeing MacDonalds in places like this.
We went to a lovely shisha bar right on the beach - so worth going to!!
Also worth doing a trip to the old town (about 5 mins in a taxi) for a fish meal: these restaurants are less touristy so very cheap and you get amazing fish: we had lobster, prawns, calamari....the one we went to was called Sinai Star but I think they're probably all pretty good.
Also worth going to an Egyptian restaurant (above the Hard Rock cafe) - but be warned the portions here are huge! order half what you expect to.

The biggest high point for me was the snorkelling and diving: the fish are amazing. Just off the beach, about 5 -10 metres out you can see amazing fish. Definitely worth getting a snorkel and fins for yourself.
But I was very upset to see people touching the reefs, feeding the fish, and collecting shells. You really must not do this."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of June 2009

it was just ok

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Hi, my husband and i are just back from 2wks at the tropicanna jasmine, bit dissapointed really , it was a special birthday present to my hubbie, and thought as a goodwill gesture the hotel wouldve made a effort with a bottle of wine on that day, however we made friends with 4 other couples from scotland at our hotel and thats what made our hol enjoyable,we met on the first nite and continued during our time there , oh not forgetting an english couple too who joined us in the evenings, we all got on well.I loved the pool area at the hotel and the 3 girls that were on the animation team were brill, julia, natalie,and saris i think.the hotel itself wasok, but there was a few things that couldve been better like other hotels eg, shuttle bus to beach ,freefood and drink at the resruant at beach as we were all inclusive, lobby bar only opened till 11pm, didnt have martini that i drink or even the usual coctails eg, pina colada etc thought it was ridiculous the small plastic cups they used,no toilet in lobby, didnt like the thomas cook rep James, wasnt very good at the welcome party , only interested in selling trips, then we had a problem with lost items , went to him , took him a wk to get us form , then we exchanged words with him on our last day as he disappeared, so we had to look for him .most of the staff were ok , still enjoyed our hol , but definately need entertainment at nite otherwise boring unless you meet lovely people like we did . thanks gang , you ll know who you are Jean&jim"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of May 2009

My wonderful holiday in Sharm el Sheik

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Have just retuned from Sharm el Sheik travelled independently and stayed all inclusive at the Jasmine Club .Good hotel and location very friendly staff very clean hotel food could have been betterand entertainment was poor.I was lucky to meet an english guy who has been living there for the past year and is doing some freelance guiding having been a holiday rep for many years.I would highly reccomend his services to anyone who want to do their own thing he will arrange any excursion and tailor make anything required a godsend to lone travellers like myself he can be contactedby ringing[--] amine of information i am so glad i met himhe made my holiday his name is Michael."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of May 2009

fantastic and relaxing hotel value for money

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"I went to this hotel march 23rd with 3 scottish friends, we were very wary after reading the few reviews that had been posted, we had the best holiday food was excellent,staff were friendly and helpful, always looking after your every whin, the animation team were great and we joined in their activities every day, rooms were clean and done every day, the location of the hotel was good and 5 minutes walk from the hotel and in to nahma bay, you only get hassle in nahma if you allow it, only one moan the price of drink in nahma is very expensive, we were all inclusive the hotel spirits i could not drink but the wine was alright we have to thank the pool waiter mustafa who kept us going for the week with drinks and cocktails, also the dining room waiters who could not do enough for you, the food was constantly probed for tempreture, which can only be a good thing for us brits.also in the complex there is a beauty parlour, the boys and girls their are friendly and one of the best massages i have ever had thankyou to shark and his friend, for the women also try getting your eyebrows threaded, value for money. if you like watersports this is the resort to be, a must to try is the glass bottom boat and its cheap, we have been coming to sharm now for 4 years and each time staying in great hotels look forward to our return and would go back to the jasmine club."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of April 2009

Great holiday

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Spent 2 weeks at the Jasmine hotel in March/April. The people are frendly, the rooms are clean, the food is mostly rice, chips, pasta, chicken. Lots of dessert. Bread is white bread, not enough energi bread for Norwegian people :). Lots of salads (witch we didn't eat because salad may cause stommace problems). Chef makes fresh omelette every morning, and fresh pasta every night. Small glasses, and sometimes they bring you the drinks almost after finished eating. And they take away the plates and glasses before you are finished. So hold on to your glasses. The pool bar serves snacks like pizza, hamburgers and chips. And soft drinks and beer in small white plastic cups. So you have to order all the time, or order a lot at one time. The sun beds are taken early in the morning, so we had to get up in the night put the towels om the sunbeds. Specially if we would have sunbeds in the sun all day. There are many sunbeds who have sun only half the day. We stayed in room 2518 (2.nd floor) and there was some noice from the building behild. We heard it in the night with the door closed. We moved to ground floor room nr. 2510. It was quiet, and easier with a child without steps to the room. The hotel has a private beach, but it is small. But we gave the towel guy some money the first day and he reserved sunbeds for us next to the sae rest of the holiday :) There are lots of nice people in Naama Bay. And if they ask you to come and look/special price for you, just say no thanks and smile, and they let you go. We stayed all inclusice, but we did buy beer, water and soft drinks in the supermarked. We like to sit on the balcony at night and it was easier having something to drink in the "mini-bar" at the room. Our room was a bit away from lobby bar, witch was the only place to get drinks in the evening/at night. And they served drinks in small glasses it you took it out from the lobby bar. The rooms in building 25 and 26 has balcony with poolview. Block 24 har balcony with garden/oscean view. Theese blocks is by the upper pool. It is cold, but great after being in the sun. Jasmine has another pool, next to the lobby bar and the reception. Some of the rooms here has balcony direct to the road or at the bacside of the entertainment tent :) Lots of noice and music. Not so nice. We think the upper pool and the block 25 and 26 was the best. So quiet in the evening/night. I had pedicure, manicure and facial treatment. It was great, and i payed about 450 LE.
Would you like more information, please ask. I have map witch shows the blocks and the pool. And i have a list over the all inclusive program. I can send this pluss lots of photo in e-mail if you want to."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of April 2009

Average Hotel

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"I stayed at the Tropicana Rosetta for 1 week 05/11/06 - 12/11/06 on a half board basis with my girlfriend, I did alot of research on hotels in Naama Bay as it was my 1st stay in Egypt as felt this was the best choice given the options i had as we booked only a few weeks before we flew out.

First impressions were good, nice welcome and help finding room etc. accomodation was basic and average but clean (which is main thing) There was no double bed but 2 single beds although they were big enough for us both and im 6' 3"!

the room had everything we needed, kettle, oven, sink, cuttlery, bathroom, air con, fridge etc etc.

After spending a week there i probably wouldn't go back unless it was the last hotel available! The reason being our room was located at the far end of the complex where work was still being carried out and underneath us was a storage or workers room of some kind so every morning we were woken up at around 6am ish. I didnt mind 2 much as we wanted to be up early as sunrise is around 6ish too and we needed to get to the beach but this would probably p*ss most people off! another reason is that my girlfriend left her mobile phone in the room hidden in her make up bag, which was stolen by the cleaner (this was the only time she didnt use the safety deposit box which everyone gets) so frist oppurtunity to thief an item it happens, he had to root through her belongings as well to find it! i reported him right away and the hotel did an investigation. the phone was never recovered and the only thing they did was be very apologetic and we was told we didnt have to leave the room at 12pm on the last day, we could use it untill our pickup time at 15:30pm. he did a report for us to take to our insurance though.

The food was just about ok for 1 week, it gets pretty boring and 2 weeks would be a struggle to keep an appetite for the same food. the food is nice and everything is set up perfectly, just could do with a bit more change after a couple of days.

Location of this hotel is good. only 5 min walk into Naama Bay centre, no point getting a taxi unless your very lazy! :) the hotel shares a beach with Gaffy's hotel and another, the beach we went on everyday was extremely busy and we had to be there for 8am ish to get a bed at the front. the beach entertainment is excellent though! this was the best thing about the hotel, the beach is about 5mins walk from Tropicana so no problems there.

Overall the hotel is ok for a weeks stay, just remember to use the safety deposit box AT ALL TIMES and for ANYTHING of value.

Even though the staff were nice and helpful, every average or above hotel should be the same as Sharm is run by tourism and it shows all over, every worker from cleaner , bar tender to manager is very helpful.

We are going back to Egypt in May but will be searching for a hotel with better reviews as our own experience was just average, not enough for us to return again."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of November 2006

Wonderful Stay

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"We absolutely loved our stay in Sharm el Sheik. After the transfer bus dropped off others at some pretty fancy hotels, I wasn't sure what to expect of the Tropicana Rosetta. But we were very impressed with what we found.

The staff are so lovely and welcoming. They all speak English and will do anything to help, in particular the poolside barman, the man who cleaned our rooms and the man in the Mini Market!

Our room was located near the second pool, which is about a 5 minute walk from Reception. Its a nice walk though, don't be put off by it. My only concern was that our room was a little bit shabby, but considering we only paid £350 each for a week, I didn't complain!! The poolside rooms seemed nicer. The pool area is lovely with plenty of sunbeds available. There are also a couple of slides attached to pool for little children at the second pool.

Breakfast each morning was nice but varied, so don't expect a Full English every day. We ate one evening at the downstairs restaurant (where breakfast is served) which was an open buffet and very nice. After a night out, we came back to the resort and there was some traditional dancing going on at the outside restaurant. Unfortunately I got pulled up on stage with the svelte belly dancer who put me miserably to shame! But it was fun, nonetheless.

When you leave the hotel to go to Naama Bay, there's usually a few taxi drivers willing to take you up - barter for a good price. Anymore than 20 Egyptian pounds, and I'd advise trying someone else. Its only a 10 minute walk anyway.

All in all, we had a marvellous time and by 3 days into our holiday were discussing coming back.

P.S. - make sure you go snorkelling at Ras Mohammed - its not to be missed!"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of October 2006

Tropicana Rosetta very good

Good
Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"My girlfriend and i recently returned from a 12 day stay at the Tropicana Rosetta.
The hotel was very clean, all the staff were very friendly, polite and helpful. we stayed in the top section of the hotel, the tiled floor to and from the room throughout the grounds could proove to be a bit tricky for those whom are not too steady on their feet, as they are quite steep and slippery in parts.
We had a great view of the pool from our balcony and there were allways plenty sunloungers on offer. so it was never any trouble getting one even if you woke up after dinner!!
the main restaurant had a great selection of foods for breakfast, lunch and evening meal each day. This varied each day with different themed foods. The outdoor restaurant was very nice and well worth a visit. It was good not to have to leave the hotel if you were tired from the days activities and still enjoy great food and entertainment, then some sheesha to finish!!! When in Rome The manager of this place, Mohamed, is a great guy, very helpful and friendly..
For diving and snorkelling, right next door is the Emporer Dive School. Which is mainly run by British Divers.
The hotel has two private beaches, but these are at least a 10 minute walk from the hotel, and be carefu;lm when crossing the busy Peace Road outside the hotel, as they drive a bit crazy there, often without lights at night!!
The Black Horse Nightclub is ok, but the better nights out are definately to be had in Naama Bay.
There are cashh machines in the reception area and the reception staff are also very helpful.
Overall this hotel was great and i would recommend it. But i would not recommend it to the elderly or anyone who uses a wheelchair or walking aids as there are a lot of steps and steep slopes throughout the hotel, also the busy road could be a problem. we would definately go back and stay there again though."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of October 2006

Hotels near Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club

Stayed at Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club

• danbeth by danbeth

"sharm is a great place to visit, weather was great even in november (mid 80`s) "

• danbeth by danbeth

"the centre of naama bay is great for people watching "

• blueberry175 by blueberry175

"absolutely brilliant, we will be back! people are so nice!!! "

• blueberry175 by blueberry175

"tandorri in namma bay! "

• Stueyorks by Stueyorks

"The Mexican, hard rock Cafe, the italian owned by Hitlon Hotel, "

• mandyread by mandyread

"quad biking in desert is great. "

• Luton Couple by Luton Couple

"relaxing, and friendly, with plenty of sun. "

• Mike by Mike

"A perfect location for a relaxing holiday "

• peter by peter

"check your safe deposit box "

• janeybaby59 by janeybaby59

"do not go here would be my best tip - avoid like the plague "

• Mary D by Mary D

"don;t go unless you know the large pool has been repainted as the smaller pools sunbeds are booked before 6am "

• Slongy by Slongy

"Don't bother booking until it has been refurbished "

Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club is also called