Fantastic

Reviewed Tue 9th of August 2011

"This will be my 3rd visit this year to the same hotel. It is out of this world. Relaxing by the pool, having a lovely massage & be waited on for 2 whole weeks is bliss. I am taking my nephew with me this year & know from the minute he gets there he will want to go back, like me. I am starting to think of it as my second home, everyone is so welcoming & makes you feel special.There was no entertainment there on my 2nd visit there last year, but hope there will be this time. the rooms are big & beds really comfortable. the cleaners are brilliant very efficient & always on the go. All the staff work extremely long hours & yet they still treat there guests well & you don't hear them complaining. 14hours a day 7 days a week they work in order for us all to have a special & wonderful holiday, i have so lovely memories & photo's which will be with me for ever.I found the food was very good & if you didn't feel like much you could have a snack. There is also a chinese & italian restarant further up, i did try the chinese which was very good but didn't try the italian. Just to say i would fully recommend this hotel, it is great for every body young or old.Look forward to seeing all my dear egyptians friends again in November 2011."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of July 2011

absolutely fantastic

Reviewed Fri 29th of July 2011

"We have just come back from our stay here today and absolultely loved it!! From arrival the staff were most attentive and helpful!!I am a single parent to three children aged 14,7 and 6 and felt there was something for everyone.

The room was very well appointed and very clean with air conditioning that was a godsend. The shower worked very well and the tiling was lovely and clean. The beds made up with nice clean linen and plenty towels that were soft. The room was cleaned every day and fresh towels provided when needed. I did laugh initially when we arrived back on our first day from an afternoon in the pool to find our clothes and belongings that we had scattered haphazardly around folded neatly and arranged on the beds and units complete with the childrens soft toys. It looked like a work of art and made me feel like a slob!!

The pools were amazing - lots of shallow water and a good choice of sunbeds albeit had to get up early to secure the best spots. The pool water was very very clean and did not seem chlorinated at all so we did not suffer from stinging eyes. I loved the way the that pools all linked together also the waterfall areas made it lovely. There was loads of shallow areas and great to take lilos or use snorkles and floats in. The
surrounding areas and sunbeds kept very clean and regularly cleaned by several staff on hand throughout the day. The children and I really enjoyed the waterslides - they were great fun!!

The drinks and pool snacks kept us going between meals and the drinks lovely and cool and a bonus the ice was safe to have in drinks, although the drinks were served cool anyway.

The all inclusive food and drinks were spot on and the restaurant staff wonderful. We had a fantastic choice of breakfast served buffet style and there was something for everyone - you could stay here for a year and have a different breakfast each morning. The choice of fresh and cooked food for lunch and dinner was brilliant, we ate salads, soups, pasta, traditional food and the deserts out of this world. I took immodium and medicine for the children as a precaution but this was not needed at all. I felt the standard of hygiene was second to none and it was obvious throughout our stay from observing the staff that they had undergone training and adhered to excellent hygiene standards.

We did not need/use room service but the staff were very attentive. We had an issue with the room key which was resolved instantly also I reported a problem with the flush not working on the WC and maintenance was at our room to fix this within 5 minutes.

To sum up I would say this hotel is extremely well run and has very well trained and efficient staff. Altogether a very lovely holiday and I would recommend especially to young families especially those who are concerned about hygiene abroad.

• Travel date: Tue 26th of July 2011

...

Reviewed Fri 8th of July 2011

"First impressions were the hotel was spotless and huge!

Yeh the cleaning does go on all the time but hotel is still not up to the standards it should be... pool was cleaned while people were inside so dirt and plastic bottles were just being moved while people swam...

Also food was poor variety and half the time you had no idea what you were eating "bird tongue soup" sounds nice...hmm

Everyone that we spoke to in the hotel was ill with stomach cramps to the point where people were bed bound (whatever you do don't go to the pharmacy accross the road he rips you off go to the one right along passed TGI Fridays "set prices")...

One thing we spotted was the chefs all use one pair of gloves and they touch raw meat then veg (this was happening everyday); which is disgusting and from then on we ate out so waste of money going all inclusive...

Also the Thomsons brouchure states you can use the Grand Azures facilities this is rubbish all you can use is their beach and snack bar on the beach... you weren't allowed to use their pool or use the toilets inside... (beach is very hot jetty is amazing and once you walk along its only about ankle deep and very clear)

There was also a lot of accidents in the hotel from slipping in the pool so be careful. (including the slide that had something sticking out and slashed someones leg)...

On the plus the staff are brilliant, all speak a lot of english and the entertainers are a good laugh. Room cleaners are great they make shapes with your towels and always do a fantastic job...

So much hassle of the streets and wouldn't reccomend anyone to go to Namma Bay every single shop gives you hassle (Then say "no hassle"). Say no to business cards as they will drag you in their shops and try to sell you anything and everything. Soho Square is peaceful and you will find all the same shops. If wanting to buy duty free you must take your passports as there are few shops that will sell you alcohol.

Weather was unreal hitting 45-50degrees for the whole 2weeks we were their so take lots of suncream as we went through a bottle every 3days (between 2 of us).

We would not go back to this hotel but would go back to Sharm... Date of travel 21/06/2011-05/07/2011"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of July 2011

brilliant

Reviewed Tue 14th of June 2011

"hotel brilliant everywhere was spotless, they were cleaning from dusk to dawn, the reps were very good always there for you the pools were great, good kids club to keep the kids entertained, loads of loungers we loved it, downside perfume guy in hotel propper pest every day , everyone else in there was lovely and not pushy. hird day there i did get diahhorea got some tablets that night 2 days later still poorly went to see the rep, who got onto the phone to pharmacy straight away and within ten minutes had new tablets , unlucky for me they didnt work so ended up goin to the doctor where i had to have a drip and more tablets that cost £230 in english money couldnt drink alcholol or eat much , so put a bit of dampener on things. my advice if u start with tummy troubles tell the rep who will ring for you,re tablets and if you,re no better in a few days go to the doctor i had gastroenteritous, was slightly worried that over ten people had to have drips, and nearly everyone you spoke to had some kind of tummy upset.after first few days, hotel were very good making us use antibacterial before we went in restaurant, they were trying to sort it out , but no one could pin point where it was coming from. after all someone could have had the bug and evey one got different strains of it, but we will never know. I didnt let it ruin my holiday i tried to get out as much as i could for my parnter and my son, apart from that i still enjoyed my holiday here and deffinately would go there again. big thankyou to jolene also dawn , danni n jamie were brill. madgy the waiter badr n shawkey ."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of June 2011

amazing

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2011

"Please do not believe any bad reviews on this hotel. The hotel is spotless, they clean 24/7 and that is no exaggeration. The choice of food is huge and all lovely, please don't believe anyone who says it is not hygienic, I always saw the chefs cleaning there utensils and chopping boards after preparing anything. The pool is huge, I don't think any hotel could beat this, there are always sun loungers available even at 11am. All of the staff are very friendly, I would recommend using tommy the taxi guy, he is reasonably priced and very reliable. Would definitely recommend having your photos done by omar the professional photographer, he is such a lovely guy and really doesn't earn a lot for what he does. If you want cheap cigarettes don't use the shop in the hotel use either the first shop on the left outside the hotel or the 24/7 across the road. This hotel is much better than its sister hotel which is meant to be 5*. You may get a bad tummy but It's not bad food or bad hygiene its just the heat and different sort of food. This hotel is a must, if you want to go to the Sharm pick this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of May 2011

going back in may

Reviewed Thu 17th of February 2011

" this was our 3rd time to sharm,went to this hotel back in oct with my husband,staff r all great food ok could do with being a bit hotter. pool is fantastic beach 5 min walk,loved it that much going back in may and taking rest of the family:-) carnt wait."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of February 2011

excellent hotel! june 2010

Reviewed Thu 4th of November 2010

"I went to this hotel with my boyfriend last June and was thrilled with it. We are a young couple and have been on wild holidays but wanted something a lot quieter and this was perfect. The hotel reception was so clean and all the staff were very friendly from the minute you walk through the doors. Check in couldn't have been quicker and then we were shown to our room. The rooms are amazing, there are really big and so clean (the opposite to our holiday the year before!)All the bedding and towels were clean and the room overall was spotless. There is always staff cleaning (even swotting flies in reception). I couldn't have asked for a better hotel and would recomend it to everyone!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of October 2010

Funny Tummy

Reviewed Thu 21st of October 2010

"first impressions of the hotel it was very big rooms were clean and big with all the things you need, pool was big however not as many sun loungers unless you are up very early.
we arrived on the friday night and were drinking the bottled water that we got free from the bar by monday morning myself and my partner were very ill with constant diarreoha and from listening to other people we wernt the only ones!
This carried on for the remaining on the holiday and was still not fit to go back to work the following week.
so were un able to leave the complex!"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of October 2010

Bring a clothes peg with you

Reviewed Wed 1st of September 2010

"I am not going to be too scathing, but as a university lecturer who teaches tourism and hospitality students I have to be honest. This hotel is lovely, as long as you get a good view. we were moved after the first night as we had requested, and were prepared to pay, for a pool view before arriving. Instead we got a view of a half buit wall. Ok bad start. New room was nice pool view. Lets relax and enjoy the rest. went to the cafateria (it is not a restaurant). The smell was apalling. Not knowing what an egyptian jock strap smells like, Im sure it is not as bad as the smell from the restaurant. This got worse as the week went on. We didnt eat after this in the restaurant. Not sure what pepople with thier footie shirts, tatooes and piercings are used to but this is not my idea of fun. On holiday I like to enjoy new experiences and nice food from foreign parts. you cant even go outside the complex to savour local egyptian cuisine. TFGI in Egypt . Wise up. Ypu can have this in Britain. On a positive note. Ciaro was good and the diving was spectacular."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of August 2010

Very good!!

Reviewed Tue 20th of July 2010

"Hi we stayed here 28th June for 1 week returned the 6th July 2010, i always read reports on sights such as this before we go, and was gutted at some of the reports needless to say i was stressed about going.... how silly was i!!!! it was FAB!!! The food was the best we have ever had AI and we have stayed in some nice 5* hotels in years gone by, the hotel was spotless and the staff could not of been any more helpful or freindly, the weather was 52 degrees and it was just fab!! this was my first time to Egypt as we usually do Turkey, its very much on a parr with Turkey.
The only down side was we went into Naama Bay one night and the Egyptians are really full on even more so than the Turks, if they just left you alone you would be more inclinde to go into the shops but they dont and if you have blue eyes like me... well they just love you!!!.
So not sure why all the bad reports as we had a great time, we have booked to go to the new Sensatori resort which opens Feb 2011 next year.

• Travel date: Tue 13th of July 2010

Clean but poor hygiene

Reviewed Wed 14th of July 2010

"The rooms are spacios and very clean but not a great deal of storage. The dining room is very bustly and be prepared to que at peak times. Whilst the hotel is clean andyou really could eat your food off certain floor areas, the hotel hygien leaves a lot to be desired. In the dineing room if you are not the first to sit at a table please check the water glassess and the cutlery to make sure that you are the first time user. At night in the bar after ten o clock, my husband asked that we were served our drinks in plastic disposable glassess, that way we were certain that only us had used them. The pool area is very attractive, but could do with more sunbeds and seating. This is also true of the bar/reception area. The food has a good variety and choice but the quality leaves a lot to be desired. We had it on good authority that the three crowns english bar across the road does a good value fore money steak. We found that most of the staff were friendly, happy to help and not because we tipped them either. We were also suprised at the little incidentals that had to be paid for that we have had included in our usual all inclusive holidays "

• Travel date: Mon 5th of July 2010

Amazing!!!!

Reviewed Wed 14th of July 2010

"just returned from one week stay, wasnt long enough!! HUGE rooms and so clean. Staff are friendly and always happy to help! CLeaners clean the rooms to a excellent standard! and the gardners do a spectacular job on the gardens! Shows every night that at times are good. Food is okay, chicken pie is out of this world! you will have the time of your life!!! "

• Travel date: Mon 5th of July 2010

Hotels near Tropicana Azure Club

Top traveller tips for Tropicana Azure Club

• SusieH by SusieH

"Naama Bay shopping and Snorkelling in the Red Sea - both a must! "

• chapellas by chapellas

"Like being on a building site "

• "quading in the desert boat trip to ras mohamad, "

• DahliaRose by DahliaRose

"A Must See Destination "

• lillyone by lillyone

"nice people beautiful place "

• davidbrownkris by davidbrownkris

"Camel bar, Quad biking and camel riding "

• greenday by greenday

"Hard rock cafe, book a trip to cairo and enjoy the sights. "

• molly50 by molly50

"the english cafe! located opposite the hotel. also onions 5 mins down the road.very cheap! AMAZING. "

• the waterman by the waterman

"favourite restraunt three crowns pub round the corner with sky sports tv "

• rhona198 by rhona198

"good if u just want pool and beach "

• sam by sam

"Not a place i would take very young children just incase they get tummy bug "

• honesty by honesty

"Very clean but beaware of the hygien "

• lizallsopp by lizallsopp

"Dont b put off its fab!!! "

• louise by louise

"be aware of poor hygine and where the bottled water that you are drinking is coming from "

• helz by helz

"excellent, amazing and sunny "

• kitten69 by kitten69

"bar up at the ampitheatre "

• dianne2011 by dianne2011

"Run away from the shop owners!!! haha "

Tropicana Azure Club is also called