fantasic holiday

Reviewed Tue 3rd of January 2012

"My family constisting of 2 adlts and 3 children under 10 have just come back from a hoilday over christmas at the sunrise for 11 nights.From the second you get off the coach whaich is less than 10 mins from airport it is spectacular,the whole outside is lit up with christmas lights.We couldnt falt the staff,cleaners,waiters and reception etc they cant do enough for you without wanting tips.The staff seem to work long hours and constantly busy but still very pleasant and always smiling and welcoming.If i had to have a niggle about anything it would be the childrens selection at evening meal that needs to be improved but my children never moaned.The cleaner would make an animal shape out of the clean towels every day for my little girl whilst cleaning.The poolside guys were very welcoming and polite.I really couldnt fault this hotel much at all.Most spectacular time is christmas it outstanding when they arrange a massive marque outside and decorate to the highest standard and entertain all night long.security is brilliant at hotal as well.Overall would recommend this hotel to all family people out for a lovely family hoilday."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of January 2012

really nice hotel

Reviewed Mon 10th of October 2011

"This was our first visit to Egypt and wasn't too sure what to expect, the moment we got to our hotel the staff couldn't do enough to help, the staff were friendly and polite.hotel was really clean, pools clean loads of choice of food. although they is a really nice English pub called the three crowns 10mins taxi ride down the road which will cost you £10 return, where you can get a really nice steak from for about £8.00. the staff and the hotel are always willing to help you and they don't want tips off you all the time,they could not have cleaned any more that's all they day to night. i would advisor any 1 to book up and go, av booked up already to go back next year. "

• Travel date: Sun 21st of August 2011

loved it

Reviewed Mon 25th of July 2011

"My partner my 3 year old and my 11month old and I stayed here for 2 weeks end of June with our family and we had a fantastic time. The staff were fantastic with my children and could nevr do enough for us. The food was lovely and nobody got ill even with taking a baby. We loved every minute of it so much so we goin back next year for 3 weeks. I got bit a few times over there but cant really see how u can blame the staff for that. The hotel and our room was spotlee cleaners there all the time. Everyone who work there seem to be there for all hours and yet still have a big smile and are polite which is more than I can say when you visit somewhere at home. Lovely lovely people and place "

• Travel date: Wed 20th of July 2011

Dirty/unorganised would never go again

Reviewed Wed 25th of May 2011

"Had 17 days as we have stayed at sunrise island veiw several times previous and could not get in there the dates we needed.thought as the same company we would be o.k.reception was fine clean,on arrival to our rooms a dirty flannel was still in our shower,so it had not been cleaned all surfaces were tacky and finger prints over all sufaces and mirrows.shower was broke ,my husband fixed it .the whole room was very dusty .thought hey it will all be better in the morning,the best thing apart from the sun was the beds they were very comfortable.then we hit the resturant or should i say the resturant hit us ,what a shambles people were running around looking for tables/cutlery/plates/just a cup of tea or coffee ,it was mayhem,then you think lets just get in that sun so you go to the pool areas to find bird poo over every sunbed and table.all this time you just want to rest in the sun .evening was a repeat of breakfast but food was not cleaned up and the food that was cooked outside in the dark was never cooked properly as it was too dark to see it.my husband got really ill and had to be put on drip and have medication,we say it was food poisoning and he had to see doctor when we got home.we were a party of 4 and we survied ,we all lost weight and my granson ate bread and chips most of the time .we are a well traveled family and this was the worst holiday we have had so much more to tell .the place has good surroundings and plenty slides/pools but could not cope with food prep or the amount of people cant write any more feeling depressed"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of May 2011

The worst customer service ever!!

Reviewed Thu 9th of September 2010

"We arrived on the 18th August about 4.00 pm in the afternoon...I was very apprehensive as I had read many bad reviews! However on our first arrival our perception was good, as the reception area was clean and airy! We were shown to our room promptly and it was clean. We went down to the restaurent approxmately 8.00 in the evening, as after reading the reviews we knew that it would be busy. The food was warm and edible, however the service from the staff in the restaurent was poor, poor, poor!! It took them nearly 10 mins to re lay the table, 15 mins to get us spoons at breakfast and I had a shouting match with the so called waiter handing out the drinks who did not want to give me a big glass!

They expect a tip in order to do anything for you and we found the majority of the men working there very rude! We had booked a trip to Cario on the Monday night and wanted to take pillows with us, when we asked at the conceigre we were given dirty pillows to take! It was only when my husband got really angry and then spoke to a manager was something done!

The men at reception are a waste of time and they do not listen. Also I have never seen so many peolpe injure themselves in a hotel. They have pool parties on a Saturday night, where people are allowed to take glasses out to the pool, they are drunk and there are youngsters jumping in the pool virtually on top of one another!! Hence the accidents!

I could go on and on, but just to finish as we were leaving we noticed that a little vanity case was missing, my sister in law went into the hotel to check if it was in there and low and behold there it was under the security desk with a mat over it!! Security guard present...I will leave you to your own conclusions....but the words 'would'nt trust them as far as you could throw them' come to mind!

• Travel date: Mon 6th of September 2010

never thought a four star hotel was so poor service!

Reviewed Fri 20th of August 2010

"I went to Sunrise tirana aquapark with my husband and 3 children - 13, 12 and a 8 year old. I didn't like the hotel servise at all. The rooms weren't clean, the cleaner just made the beds and didn't change the pillow cases and the bed covers. In the resturant the food wasn't good at all for example they didn't cook there vegetables properly and most foods were spicy so my children practicely didn't eat anything. while we were eating the clean was sweeping the floor which is not hyginic. if you wanted a table to eat you had to be there at 7:00. One evening I got there 7:30 and i waited for a table 45 minutes. the manger name is Basher, I said "can you please find me a table for 5 because I have been waiting for so long " The manger said "Go outside the resturant and wait because I'm so busy" The staff generally aren't friendly or simpatic. The reception staff was rude and had no manners to talk to you. The beach staff were nice especially the lifeguard Mohammed. There is a hotel in construction very near ours and he started making noise with machines 7:00 am, 7 days a week so we couldn't sleep. The hotel is far away from cities and shops. You have to pay public transport or taxi to go to the city. i payed for a double bed for me and my husband and they gave us 2 single beds, i went to reception and they didn't do anything about it. In the resturant there was loads of flies in the food area. The staff uniforms were dirty and smelt of sweat. The only thing that keeps you entertained is the Aquapark. there was only 1 good evening show every tuesday the rest was very poor either they didn't do entertainment or it was ver poor quality. my children and I had mosquito bites all over our body . we asked the staff to disinfect the rooms. I would not recommed anybody to got to this hotel, I will defentiley not go to this hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of August 2010

Do not go

Reviewed Wed 11th of August 2010

"We have just returned from this dirty badly run hotel.We had read the reviews but nothing prepared us for what was in store for us. The dining room was too small for the size of the hotel. It was dirty when we went for breakfast in the morning the floors were not cleaned from the previous night with leftover food under the tables pasta chips etc.In the morning the poolwater was used for cleaning.There was nothing for our son to do entertainment was non existant we were lucky he met up with others the same age 14 as he would have been bored to tears.We all had upset tummys as did most of the people we met.I would not recommend this hotel to anyone if you are booked please see if you can switch hotels as it has to be the worst hotel we have stayed.

• Travel date: Tue 10th of August 2010

Holiday From Hell

Reviewed Wed 11th of August 2010

"This hotel was unbelievable my son came home with Salmonella,all the family had tummy problems due to poor hygiene of food and crockery, my daughter and her friend were covered in over 60 bites and their room had to be sprayed daily by staff. The staff were overfriendly with young teenage girls at the hotel and for the first week the bar staff were happy to serve alcoholic drinks to teenagers until complaints were made.
The live entertainment was a man at a keyboard pre-set with music. The bar had only one beer tap for all the guests in the hotel so be prepared to queue for a long time if your wanting a beer. Would definatly not recomend this hotel to anyone, our complaint to the holiday firm has already been written."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of July 2010

diabolical

Reviewed Thu 22nd of July 2010

"i wouldnt recomend this place to a rat we have just returned from here it was a holiday from hell rude arrogant the food freezin or frozen thats if they want to part with it an hour and a half to get a drink rubble in your sink every morning exposed wires by the pools horrendous"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of July 2010

crap

Reviewed Mon 19th of July 2010

"please dont go too this hotel food very poor staff rude best thing about this holiday was coming home restaurant find a table then try and get knife and forks fawlty towers come to mind"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of July 2010

loved it

Reviewed Thu 17th of June 2010

"i went to egypt last year with my boyfriend, my mum and dad. i had a fantastic time, the rooms were gorgeous, and the bathroom was even better! the pools around the hotel were all very clean and fab, the food was ok, though for fussy eaters its probably not the best. all i can say is that i loved the holiday and didnt want to leave!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of June 2010

1st impressions WOW

Reviewed Thu 11th of March 2010

"We stayed between the 1/11/09 and 12/11/09 for our honeymoon. The hotel is only a short drive from the airport (10 mins) but you dont worry about too much noise from the planes. The reception area is lovely spacious and clean. We were shown to our room promptly and our room was very nice. Unfortunately i think we have already covered the good points!
The food was substandard for a 5 star hotel i certainly wouldnt rate it higher than a 3 star and that would be pushing it. The main restaurant food was monotonous, and didnt cater for the English or children, it was always very busy with Russians pushing in and pinching your table. We lived off bread chips and cheese toasties. The italian a la carte was not much better with only 2 menus in the restaurant your in for a slow meal- which if you received at home would have refused to pay for. The fish restaurant opened on the 1/11 we heard some very bad reviews for there so didnt even try it (most people got up and left before their main meals even arrived).

The glasses you receive are small and most are chipped all around the top, queues to get a drink are often long, however find a seat and tip a waiter and you will be looked after better. Evening entertainment is entertain yourselves! If we haddnt have been able to get chatting with others in the same situation i dont know how we would have managed to stay the duration. Naama Bay is a 20 min taxi journey away costing £15 return, many people went and ate there.

The water slides never seemed to all be operating at the same time-there was only 2 rings available and the shops in the hotel arent cheap. Pools are really cold if you do venture in you'll probably have it to yourself most of the time! The beach looks like a building site and still needs a lot of work doing to it- but good for scuba diving. We over heard the rep say it was the busiest they had been even in the summer, and we only thought it was about half full!

For families with children i felt really sorry, trying to keep them entertained and finding them food they would eat must have been hard. The thomas cook rep was inundated with complaints i just hope they do something with them all!"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of March 2010