The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh

Soho square PO Box 169, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Good

Excellent Hotel - Would Go Again.

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"We have just returned from a week at this hotel. We have stayed at 4 other 5 star hotels in the Shark's Bay area of Sharm El Sheikh, which were also good, but everything ran very smoothly for our stay here.
We stayed on a Bed and Breakfast basis, which suits our family better, as we prefer to eat at the restaurants on the sea front in Sharks Bay itself. (By the Sunshine and Umbi Diving Centres. - The food is excellent and very cheap - it's also a lovely location to eat, overlooking the sea and very quiet. A return trip in a taxi from the Savoy is about 70 Egyptian Pounds).
Breakfast in the hotel was good, and nice and quiet at about 7.30am, but a bit manic at the most popular time of 9-10am! However still plenty of food etc.
We requested inter-connecting rooms (and requested an ideal of 1 double and 1 twin) and that is exactly what we got. Rooms were very good with all the facilities you would expect from a hotel of this standard.
All staff were very polite and friendly and could not do enough for us. As usual, our room cleaner was fantastic and did some lovely towel sculptures for our children each night!
My only very small negative was that the security staff on the front gate and by the hotel doors were a bit 'surly' - but I guess that is the image they are trying to portray!
I would definitely return."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of April 2009

Relaxing and well looked after!!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"We arrived at the hotel to a cold drink and after half hour was escorted over to the reception at the "Royal Savoy". We were then given more drinks and canapes and introduced to the hotel, our rooms were very good, and very clean. We used the pool that was assigned to the Royal all week and was very well looked after by the pool attendant and the bars guy.The resuarants were all good especially the Italian, the tirana (buffet) restarant was a bit like a cattle market though, so only went there twice.We will definetley be returning, this was a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday!!   "

• Travel date: Wed 15th of April 2009

Fabulous, lovely location- a great choice

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"Just returned from spending 2 weeks here, the hotel is lovely, the staff friendly and attentive, nothing is too much trouble. Our little girl came out in Chicken Pox on our second day and we were confined to our room for 7 days! the management were very kind, sending fruit and cookies and even placing a DVD player in the room. We had to have all our meals brought to the room which was the only bug bear as by the time it arrived it was stone cold!. However this did not spoil our holiday and the final week we were able to enjoy all the amenities freely! We would definately go back but would choose the all inclusive offer next time as the buffet at the Tirana does get a little tedious, so we found ourselves eating at the lovely restaurants at Soho Square ( The Indian was fabulous and the service great). The Italian restaurant was very good though a little expensive. We would definately return."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of March 2009

An Excellent and very Professional managed Hotel

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"This hotel must be the best in Sharm it has Excellent Value for money and Excellent service. Staff are very professional and polite welcoming you with open arms, Having travelled many places i must say that this is by far one of the most spectacular stays i have had.
We Was there on all inclusive which included all the resturants and bars in Soho Square, which i recommemnd that you at least try and dine in every one of them, the food was superb, unlike anything i Have ever tried before,
Barbara who was our greeter on the evening of our arrival made us feel welcome and made it feel as much like home as she could along with the other members of staff.

I would just Like to say a big thankyou to everyone at the Royal Savoy Cant wait for our next visit which i will be booking in the next Week!!!!!!!!

Roy and Joyce"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of March 2009

amazing!!!!!

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"I have just returned from a fantastic week in the royal Savoy with five of my friends. The Hotel is outstanding, the rooms are 5 star and the service is fit for a queen! Every day we got fresh cakes in our room which was great if you were a bit hungry before dinner, or you could pop into the royal lounge for snacks and drinks.
I upgraded to the S Class which is their All Inc option and this is a must as the drinks and food is really exspensive and you would spend much more than the upgrade price per day I can assure you.
You get most international drinks till 4am, all food throughout the day, ice skating(yes they have their own Ice Rink!!) a free massage and spa facilities, bowling the list goes on.... I can't stress how much that the All inc option is fantastic value for money.
You have the choice of Seven restaurants and these were really nice the food was delicious, these are all located in Soho square with is right outside the savoy but is still owned by them so its very exclusive.
The pool area for the Royal is small but you get exceptional service and the two pools are more than adequate.
I am deffinately returning to the Royal next march as I really thought the hotel service and All inc option were fantasic.
Don't give this hotel a second thought book it!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of March 2009

very clean, wonderful rooms, excellent service.

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"We stayed in the Royal Savoy for one week, which coincided with my birthday. Service was excellent, and was made to feel very special, in fact it was all the small things that made it extra special, things like all the staff seemed to know our names from day 1. They even arranged for a birthday banner on our room door for me, I suspect they got the info from my passport but it was a very nice touch. I was even presented with a cake when we stopped by the Royal Savoy bar before going for our evening meal. I can honestly say its the best holiday we have had, and will definitely be back.

Late Feb/early March has nice weather, just around high 70's/low 80's which was nice without being umbarable. I loved the way it goes cool in Egypt as soon as the sun goes down, not like other places which stay hot/humid 24/7.

The only thing that we would like changed is that the shopping arcade within the Savoy is a little cheesy filled with tat. I would much prefered the shops to be stocked with better quality items, but its not a show stopper.

Food/Drink was excellent quality, absolutely no complaints as we went All Inclusive or 'S-Class' as they call it. We stayed there a week and never ate in the same restaurant twice, which isnt bad going for 7 lunches and 7 evening meals.

Pools were lovely but we didnt really use them, we just hit the private beach, which should just be for Royal Savoy guests but we found that alot of guests from the Savoy were using them, which I dont mind as there was plenty of room, but in high season when it is busy, I would be very peeved to think I didnt get a place when I had paid an extra premium for the privilige.

Transfer to/from Airport was also a dream as a courtesy limo is provided free gratis."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of March 2009

Nice rooms and wonderfull staff

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"We have just returned from the Royal Savoy. We stayed there for one week.
The rooms are nice although the bed is very hard.
The staff is wonderfull, very friendly and they give you great service.
We enjoyed our stay very much en will be back next year."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of February 2009

overall good

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"Stayed here for 1 week and upgraded to royal room,glad that I had done this as on arrival we went for our evening meal at the Tiran restaurant and it was awfull,the food was really bad and the service was appauling, we never went back for the rest of the week.
A la carte was really good and our room was fab,we we had a great holiday overall but would not stay in any other room type apart from the royal room.
only downside was if we took a drink to our room they charged us for it and we also had to pay for room service,this was not included in the cost."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of February 2009

Extraordinary hotel

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I was very sceptical of the Savoy at the outset. I had a travel agent book the stay for me. I thought Sharm would be trashy. The resort is near the airport, its website is scant, and the approach by car is far from what I would expect of a five-star resort. I checked in at the main reception, which was tastefully decorated though gaudily swathed in cliche, tacky Christmas decorations.

And then everything changed.

An efficient, polite steward in a suit arrived in a club car to whisk me away to a separate, small and quiet reception, which doubled as the entrance to the private lounge where we would be served complimentary breakfast every morning and drinks every evening. The stewards at the lounge remembered every day where I liked to sit, what I liked to drink, what food I wanted and how it should be prepared, where to set up my lounge beside our (private) pool, and they would even refresh my towels while I was swimming and angle the lounge to face the sun while I was away. And when it came time to arrange our tables for the New Year's gala dinner, I was placed at a table with other guests selected based on language skills and the likelihood that we'd get along.

Where dining is concerned, the resort now has around 8 or 9 restaurants. The worst of them is well above average, and the Indian is amazing.

One word of caution: the facilities that are shared with the Savoy (e.g., the gym/spa) can be overpopulated with Savoy guests."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of January 2009

Hotels near The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh

Stayed at The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh? Share your insight.

The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is also called