About Sultan Gardens Resort

The family friendly Sultan Gardens Resort on Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula has a lot to offer in terms of fun, food and drink and that all important relaxation. A mere 5km away from the Sharm El Sheikh International Airport, the resort is situated in picturesque gardens on the sea front. From here the view stretches to Sharks Bay and Tiran Island. Even with the vast array of activities to fill your time with, perhaps one of the best options is sitting and soaking up this wonderful view. The 5-star hotel offers an all-inclusive option and with such quality facilities, this is a worthy investment. Why not dust off the tennis rackets and get to work on your backhand with the resort’s professional tennis coach? Or, if tennis isn’t your chosen hobby, the mini golf course is guaranteed fun for all the family. This Red Sea resort has a fantastic reputation for ensuring its guests satisfaction in all areas of their stay. This is achieved through friendly, accommodating staff and an owner who makes it his responsibility to deal with any complaints in person. When such a high priority is given to ensuring your stay is memorable for all the right reasons, you can really get down to the business of relaxing.

Room Information and Room Facilities

Guest rooms come with views of the gardens, the pool, and the sea. You can choose from suite and 2 bedroom family rooms, all of which are thoughtfully furnished and tastefully decorated.  Modern features for your comfort and relaxation include a fully controllable air conditioning unit to give you that good night’s sleep you will need after the day’s activities. Also a Mini fridge, desk and chair, safe box, telephone, satellite TV and an en suite bathroom. Every thought has gone in to making the rooms comfortable so that you have your own space to chill when the excitement of the Egypt experience leaves you exhausted. For extra luxury when booking your room, ask for a newly refurbished one. It is also worth thinking about the location of the room when visiting a big hotel like the Sultan Gardens Resort – do you want to be closer to the pools or to the beach?

Facilities, Entertainment, Activities

The swimming pools at the Sultan Gardens Resort are a real selling point. Whether you fancy a dip in a cold pool or a heated one, a pool with music or one with blissful silence, or even a pool made especially for children, Sultan Gardens Resort has them all. In Egypt’s glorious climate, you will want to have a dip in at least one of the pools, or you could just head straight to the beach. Down at the seafront you can take part in water sports and diving and snorkelling in the protected coral reef. The resort boasts an additional 24 hour room service, bank and ATM facilities, and for a charge, a 24 hour medical service. A variety of spa and beauty treatments is available for those who want to indulge themselves, and an abundance of exciting day and evening activities for the thrill seekers.  If your curiosity takes you outside of the resort, the City Centre’s Bazaars are 7km away. Here you can also find the Sharm El Sheikh International Conference Centre, situated across from an 18-hole golf course.

Food and Drink Options

A good range of hot food is available at the resort, ranging from excellent buffet meals to up-market restaurants. As well as the main restaurant, Linah, you can chose from the Fish Market Seafood Restaurant, Casa Mia Italian Restaurant, House of Spice Indian food or the Fleur De Leis Cajun Restaurant and Steakhouse. Individual themed evenings are also available. You can expect Indian meals, Russian national dishes, and of course Egyptian speciality foods, depending on what night of the week it is. Afterwards (or before – it’s your holiday!) for a little something to wet the whistle, there are 8 bars spotted around the resort, serving a variety of beverages and snacks.

• shuttle bus service
  • smoking rooms available
  • sauna
  • free airport transportation
  • hot tub
  • heated pool
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • kids stay free
  • swimup bar
  • kids club
  • babysitting
  • tv channel one russia
  • adult pool

Good

Another brilliant holiday at Sultan Gardens!

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"2nd visit to Sultan Gardens and I was even more impressed than the first time! We were instantly recognised as returning guests, quite how they did this I don't know, but it was amazing. Casa Mia food and service was brilliant. Steak was to die for! Individual themed food evenings were a great addition. I really enjoyed the Eqyptian evening. Chinese, Thai, Russian, Italian, Eqyptian, Indian. Spa facilities excellent. Even my husband used the spa facilities and had a haircut which in his words "was the best haircut I have ever had". The happiest, smiliest staff I have ever come across in Eqypt. Nothing is too much trouble for them at all. Special mentions go to Ehab (restaurant booking desk), Amr (quiet restaurant), Sherif (quiet pool bar), Abdul (Sheika)(Al-Shalal pool bar), Julia and Evgenia at Guest Relations! Basel, your amazing staff are a credit to you. Looking forward to returning to my second family soon!"

• Travel date: 8th October 2012

Amazing!

Reviewed 25th April 2012

"words cannot describe how fantastic this hotel is. the main pool where the animation team is placed and is the best pool in my eyes. the staff are very friendly and helpful, 3 waiters in particular Ehab. Momen and Sayeed or syeed (not sure how to spell it) are the most friendliest in the downstairs reastaurant. the cleaners where very helpful when we accidently left our key in the room. Rooms: we where in the seaview room thats not newly refurbished and it was clean, and we didn't see a problem with the rooms, as i've been reading some of the comments, we got bit by mosqitos because my aunty left the patio open for a few hours when we where in the room at night but she went to the pharmacy who where brilliant. i can not place one bad thing about this hotel. only one thing but that's nothing to do with the hotel because it's a wellness team man. but me and my aunty are booking for next year for two weeks this time we enjoyed it that much. and last time we came to Egypt i was 11 and i couldn't wait to get home because i was really scared but this time i was crying becuse i didn't want to come home because it was that good!, even the gardeners where very helpful. they where spraying something to kill or get rid of mosquitoes everyday while i was there."

• Travel date: 25th April 2012

Dirty Hotel! With Terrible Management!

Reviewed 13th October 2011

"This hotel is extremely dirty and definitely not 5 star. We stayed there for a week and to say we had the holiday from hell would be an understatement. The beds are riddled with bedbugs and you can see everyone (even the Russian animation girls) walking around with bed bug bites. The management try to pass these off as mosquito bites, but you can tell the difference between the two. When we complained about our obvious bed bug bites the management sent someone to our room to... wait for it... look for the bed bugs!!!! Surprisingly he couldn't see them. When we explained that you would need a microscope to see bed bugs we were so greatly informed that Egyptian bed bugs are different and that you can actually see them! Extraordinary!!! After 7 sleepless itchy nights, I suffered severe gastro-enteritis and paid £250 to Dr Ahmed for IV antibiotics and rehydration drips. This was of course after paying around £70 for our bite treatments. Luckily we have travel insurance. You would have to get up at 7am to find a decent bed at this hotel. The pool area is not well maintained and I do not recommend smelling your hair when coming out of the pool - it will stink! There is no point in complaining to the management. They are in denial and seem to think their hotel is perfect. The hotel is a 3 star parading as a 5 star. We had the dirtiest rugs in our room covered in hair, flakes of skin and god only knows. We asked why we had not seen one vacuum cleaner our whole time and returned to our room to some sort of antique hoover sitting outside our door. This must have been for show because the rug was still needing to be binned. The gym looks like a jail, if you ran on the treadmills you'd likely fall and break your neck as the belts haven't been replaced in years probably they were completely bald. If you check the management's replies to bad reviews this will only confirm what we say, they are not apologetic in any way for anything and do not care. Do not waste your money on this hotel. We seen a complaint similar to ours on trip advisor and the hotel claimed to have 24 hour pest control... were these guys as invisible as the bed bugs? Maybe Egyptian pest control are different too."

• Travel date: 12th October 2011

A brilliant stay

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"Reading other reviews, I was pleased to find those who agreed with my sentiments and opinions of the Sultan Gardens resort, yet I am appalled to see how some take such pleasure in complaining about this wonderful resort. I can only fathom others complaints by placing them under two categories – 1) People expecting a grandiose resort for an extremely low cost, or 2) People who enjoy remaining silent about their qualms, up until the point where they can write a bash, harmful review. After reading the responses given by Basel Khedr (and it is rather brilliant to see how he replies to each of these reviews!) I suppose that it is shockingly needed to be said that there is a range in quality, for five-star resorts. Effectively, one should take the time to consider how much they are spending, for their time, and if a resort is worth the amount they are paying. That being, do not expect excessive catering at a resort that is effectively half the price of its neighbour. As far as food is concerned, there is a wide range from variety to consistency. The buffet almost always has several forms of meat, potatoes, two soups (that change during meals/days), vegetable portions, deserts, fresh juices, hot drinks, so on and so forth. There is even a pasta bar, with fresh pasta and sauce. Every day has different “themes,” in the buffet, allowing a variety of flavours. Remember how I mentioned category “2”, for people who like giving poor reviews? When I found I grew tired of sauces and gravies, I mentioned to my family’s waiter that I preferred my chicken grilled without anything on top. A few minutes later, I had a freshly made helping of grilled chicken served straight to me, without any gravy. If you are concerned about the quality of food, for a bit more money, a rather fancy restaurant is on the resort. Basically, if you expect higher quality, you need to pay a bit more, though it is far from unreasonable. For those who prefer a bit of junk food now and then, they serve chips, pizzas and ice cream on a constant basis by the pools. The pools themselves have something for everybody. There are multiple pools – some heated, some not, some with music, some completely silent, and one made especially for children. Mohammed, who I hope still works at the quiet pool, surely shows enthusiasm for his job. He goes the extra mile for those who wish to relax at the quiet pool – ensuring people do not start shouting, and doing routine rounds, eager to serve drinks incredibly quickly. Unlike the majority of Egyptian “assistance”, no one (from those offering to carry one’s bag, to those who serve) asks for tips, which is very different from most Egyptian catering. My family’s room was a little spacious, though a bit further from where we hoped to be. This probably had more to do with the amount of bookings the resort has. Our place, however, was very quiet, and uninterrupted. There were some initial troubles with the room – our water did not seem to have heat, and the pressure was low. However, after addressing the issue with staff and management, it was fixed at a reasonable response rate. I was surprised, and respect, how strict the resort was, regarding behaviour on the beach. Specifically, the Sultan Gardens has a very, very well-kept snorkelling area, to explore the coral. No one is permitted to step onto the coral, and that strictness reflects how gorgeous the sight is! It is very well taken care of. While snorkelling is not my cup of tea, there is certainly something for everyone. There is night-time entertainment, and there are always extra ways of seeing the country, as the resort has several agreements with other business that provide (for an additional fee) camel rides, quad-biking through the desert, swimming with dolphins, boat-riding, and many other things. I did not spend a single day in my room – even if it was just to read while sunbathing, it was a fancy treat. I had the unique pleasure of meeting Basel Khedr, the owner of the resort, in person. There is no language barrier between him and I, as he speaks English with a fluent grace and North American accent. It looks like he works very hard for long periods of the day, and even when he is on “break”, I see him making rounds at the resort, observing poolside etiquette, the local entertainment, the hygiene of the place, etc. He observes the resort very carefully, is very personal, and adores being accommodating. He notes any complaint and accommodates to any reasonable request almost instantly. Requests, like “turn the music down” are fairly silly, as the volume can simply be “adjusted” by how far away you are from the music. At the silent pool, you hear none of it, at some of the other pools, it’s quiet. If you want to dive right into the action, you can, too! Other attractions to the resort include weight-lifting, squash courts, a sauna (I think you have to pay for the sauna/massages?), the possibility of internet, and more. Compared to other Egyptian resorts, especially surrounding the Sultan Gardens, it is a tough resort to beat in price and quality. "

• Travel date: 3rd July 2011

hotel review

Reviewed 21st March 2011

"we have just come back after a holiday at Sultan Gardens. It was fantastic, the staff were fantastic all through the holiday. If you are going there look out for Mohammed in the quiet pool he was always on the go took you to your sun beds and put the towel on for you. He thoroughly looked after you. Also Ramy in the resturant he tended to our needs every day. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff always helpful. The food was really nice different countries every night, plus you had three other restuarants to go to. No problem with sunbeds plenty to go round as this hotel has 4 pools. The quiet pool and childrens pool both heated. It does go cold at night after the sun has gone down.The rooms were cleaned everyday and a new bottle of water in room. Would throughly recommend this hotel and we are going back next year."

• Travel date: 20th March 2011

definitely not a 5*

Reviewed 17th March 2011

"Reading these other reviews I am really confused how people think Sultan Gardens was amazing - it's not. It's an average 3-4* by European standards. As it is considerably cheaper than the other 5* hotels in Sharm, I guess it is to be expected, but I have no idea how it has kept it's star rating as it's nowhere near the standard of the other 5* hotels in Sharm. food: very repetitive all-you-can eat buffet, and a bit school dinner-ish. Lamb dish and chicken stew type dish plus potatoes or pasta every day for lunch, we ate a LOT of chips and bread. The deserts were all blamcmange/geletin type "cheesecakes" which were still frozen if you arrived early and didn't taste of anything. After the second evening we gave up on dinner in the main restaurant - we ate elsewhere every night. The italian restaurant is available once per week, and it's standard restaurant fare but makes a change from having to go up to the buffet. One evening on our way out two people were waiting for a McDonalds delivery from Naama bay - says it all. pool areas: 4 pools, only 1 is worth going to and therefore packed. Pools 2 and 3 (next to eachother) are FREEZING - people couldn't actually swim in them. I went in once and had a "brain freeze" (searing headache). Pools 1 and 4 are heated, unfortunately pool 4 also has blaring disco music all day. The same Ibiza-esque CD was played including classics such as "Barbie Girl" and "Cheeky Girls" for 10 hours, so loud you could hear it at the cold pools. The beach had the same speakers and blaring music, you had to shout to hear eachother. A few people complained about the volume whilst we were there but nothing was done about it. The clientele are in their 30s and 40s, couples and with kids, so 18-30 style disco was hardly approriate for a crowd looking for a bit of relaxation. staff: mostly friendly, some over-frienly as they are all angling for tips. The activities people were irritating, they would walk around the sunbeds, past people trying to read or sleep, screaming "you want to play darts!? and Aqua gym!!" at least 3 times a day. My dad (in his 70s) was woken up from his nap at the cold pools several times. I've been at hotels where pool activities are advertised, but never going to each individual person and so loudly. But they were nothing compared to the beauty centre guys. As this was a service you paid for, not the all inclusive, there was a hard sell. It was like being in Naama bay with the hawkers - every day they would spend 10 minutes standing at your sunbed trying to sell you a pedicure or a shave however much you said no. And you couldn't escape them - they would walk around the pools and the beach all day every day stopping at every person. One day I was sitting with my other half and we were watching a movie in the shade on our laptop, headphones on, totally absorbed. The Beauty guy stopped in front of our beds and tickled my other half's feet to get his attention, interrupting our movie. My other half is a 20 stone, northern irish rugby player. He does not like other men tickling his feet. Bearing in mind we had said no to this guy 3 times a day for the previous 4 days. surroundings: I will say that the place was very clean and well kept. Lawns were mowed, no rubbish anywhere. Rooms do need a refurbish though - black grout in the bathroom and cupboard doors hanging off the hinge does not say 5*. It's also quite isolated, not in walking distance of any shops or other restaurants/hotels. Means the very limited food options and 4 overpriced tourist-tat shops in the lobby were a real chore. entertainment: the singer in the upstairs bar wasn't bad, but he made way for saturday night kareoke, comedy night, the "white party"(?) and football on the big screen. It was more like a shoddy pub some nights, particularly thanks to the free beer. Personally I think Sultan Gardens is popular because it's fairly cheap, nice and spacious, and has an all you can eat and drink policy. So if you want a cheap all inclusive, then this might be the place for you. But if you've ever been in a 5* and expect this to live up to those standards, go to one of the Hiltons or 4 seasons and pay the extra! "

• Travel date: 16th March 2011

Has its faults

Reviewed 22nd November 2010

"GOOD POINTS Good sized rooms. The hotel was reasonably clean but don't expect the hygiene to be up to UK standards, I would put this hotel as a 3-4 star in the UK. The staff were all friendly and helpful, no problems there. BAD POINTS The worst was that the hotel was overrun with Russians, they were all so ignorant and rude I could not believe it. They will not queue but push straight in to the front at meal times or at the bar, the children will literally push you out of the way to get in front of you. The children are also out of control running wild and screaming. The resort has a steep hill and plenty of steps. Not good if you are disabled or with children in pushchairs. There are loud speakers around the swimming pools playing loud pop music but not the quiet pool where we stayed all the time. The beach is a bit crummy, again with loud music playing with a DJ, not our cup of tea. You cannot swim from the shore but have to go to end of a floating pier to swim/snorkel. The food isn't to bad, but got fed up with it after a week, it all tastes the same and is obviously what is left over from previous meals just rehashed into something else. ADVICE Take plenty of alcohol hand cleaning gels, Dettol surface cleaning wipes AND USE THEM! You are only given one bottle of water per room per day, k. They sell it in the hotel shop about 60p per bottle. Make sure you drink LOTS of water, keep well hydrated and clean your teeth with the bottled water to. Would I go back again? no but I do not regret going. "

• Travel date: 20th November 2010

The best holiday I've ever been on!

Reviewed 16th November 2010

"We chose to return to Sultan Gardens again this October because last year we thought it was brilliant, so why fix something that's not broken? The animation team were amazing, excellent for kids and a delight to be around. The bar staff were lovely yet efficent along with the staff in the restaurant. I would definately recommend the snorkling on the beach, it was simply mind-blowing! This time I went swimming with dolphins, a trip the hotel organised; it was one of the best experiences of my life! The shows in the evening are always fun and full of life, families with younger children would love the mini-disco each evening. The beautiful October weather and great facilities, I can honestly say it was the best holiday I've ever been on and i am hoping to go back for the third time next year."

• Travel date: 15th November 2010

Amazing!!!!!

Reviewed 21st October 2010

"We have just come back from our honeymoon, what an amazing hotel, the staff are wonderful and cant do enough for you, and the diving further up the coast is brilliant! We were all inclusive and the food is fantastic. Beach is man made, as all that area, not good for anyone with walking difficulties as climb down to beach steep as all that area, gritty beach and you have to go to jetty to jump off and swim, dive and snorkel. the fish come right up to you and are beautiful, diving you can go about 8 metres without having a certificate, would highly recommend. Amenities great for us, would imagine teenagers getting a bit bored! Very relaxing chilled out holiday and exceeded our expectations."

• Travel date: 21st October 2010

simply amazing

Reviewed 28th June 2010

"Stayed at Sultan Gardens for 2 weeks at the beginning of June with a group of friends. Hotel is really nice with spacious rooms, nice pools and an excellent beach. The food is also good especially in the fish restaurant. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. When on holiday we like to experience as much culture as possible and always book our excursions online before we leave the UK. After much searching we came across a website www.onetour-egypt.com and decided to book all out trips with them as they are very reasonably priced. We did a day trip to Cairo by bus for 40 gbp per person and what an experience. You visit the Egytptian museum which is amazing and also the pyramids and sphinx. You also go on a boat trip on the Nile - amazing trip. The other trip we did was snorkelling in Ras Mohamed. This cost 25gbp per person and was a good way to see the national park and the fish and coral. Lunch is provided on the boat and all equipment can be hired locally for a good price. Overall would reccommend this hotel for its location. "

• Travel date: 19th June 2010

Excellent Stay at Sultan Gardens

Reviewed 12th March 2010

"I have just returned from a week at Sultan gardens, March 2010. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, even my dad who is always a bit snobby about the whole 'all inclusive' type holiday. The best thing was the staff who without exception were absolutely brilliant, speaking very good English, as well as often Italian, and Spanish on top of their native language. I would say though that be aware, Egyptian 5* is NOT the same as English 5*. That said I could not fault the resort. Everything was spotlessly clean well organised. The food was great in the main restaurant and the Fish Market and Italian brilliant. Beach bar food was good considering, the only slight let down was the food at the pool bar (burgers and chips), but with so much other choice it didnt matter. As far as I can see the only cause you could have to moan about the food is if you are very fussy or a paranoid mother who is too scared to let her kids eat anything other that what they have at home. But Sultan Gardens is in Egypt, if you want burger and chips and a English fry up then stay in England or go to Benidorm. We tried everything and certainly didnt get bored or ill!!!! Massive range of salad and fruit, about 10 types of bread. So many different vegetable and meat dishes. Fresh pasta cooked to order. Breakfast and lunchtimes especially good. Vegetarians easily catered for. The food hygiene was excellent. It is obvious that the resort has recently undergone some restoration and there is some building work at one end. However this is completely seperate from the main part of the resort and to be honest the noise was almost non existant and certainly didn't impact on any part of the holiday at all. All in all if you want to relex, in clean and beautifull surrounds with excellent friendly staff then you could not ask for more."

• Travel date: 11th March 2010

lovely

Reviewed 8th March 2010

"lovely place cant fault it food great people cant do enouph for you Make sure you go to the fish market restaurant brilliant"

• Travel date: 7th March 2010
  • ...

Hotels near Sultan Gardens Resort

Top traveller tips for Sultan Gardens Resort

• by Katie J

"take some mosqito repellent as you walk through the gardens you may get bit."

• by BrotherOmar

"Take insect repellent"

• by Lindylou

"some walking involved as a big complex"

• by Vicky:)

"Ideal for family holidays"

• by sharon

"Great for fantastic food, service and diving"

• by D Cato

"I would only go for the diving which was amazing"

• by grevillia

"We were too ill to sample anything."

• by grevillia

"Take your own sandwiches."

Sultan Gardens Resort is also called