Sultan Gardens Resort

Coastal Road, Sharm El Sheikh 46199 Egypt

About Sultan Gardens Resort

The family friendly Sultan Gardens Resort on Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula has a lot
to offer in terms of fun, food and drink and that all important relaxation. A
mere 5km away from the Sharm El Sheikh International Airport, the resort is
situated in picturesque gardens on the sea front. From here the view stretches
to Sharks Bay and Tiran Island. Even with the vast array of activities to fill
your time with, perhaps one of the best options is sitting and soaking up this
wonderful view. The 5-star hotel offers an all-inclusive option and with such
quality facilities, this is a worthy investment. Why not dust off the tennis
rackets and get to work on your backhand with the resort’s professional tennis
coach? Or, if tennis isn’t your chosen hobby, the mini golf course is
guaranteed fun for all the family. This Red Sea resort has a fantastic
reputation for ensuring its guests satisfaction in all areas of their stay. This
is achieved through friendly, accommodating staff and an owner who makes it his
responsibility to deal with any complaints in person. When such a high priority
is given to ensuring your stay is memorable for all the right reasons, you can
really get down to the business of relaxing.

Room Information and Room Facilities

Guest rooms come with views of the gardens, the pool, and the sea. You can
choose from suite and 2 bedroom family rooms, all of which are thoughtfully
furnished and tastefully decorated.  Modern features for your comfort and
relaxation include a fully controllable air conditioning unit to give you that
good night’s sleep you will need after the day’s activities. Also a Mini
fridge, desk and chair, safe box, telephone, satellite TV and an en suite
bathroom. Every thought has gone in to making the rooms comfortable so that you
have your own space to chill when the excitement of the Egypt experience leaves
you exhausted. For extra luxury when booking your room, ask for a newly
refurbished one. It is also worth thinking about the location of the room when
visiting a big hotel like the Sultan Gardens Resort – do you want to be closer
to the pools or to the beach?

Facilities, Entertainment, Activities

The swimming pools at the Sultan Gardens Resort are a real selling point.
Whether you fancy a dip in a cold pool or a heated one, a pool with music or one
with blissful silence, or even a pool made especially for children, Sultan
Gardens Resort has them all. In Egypt’s glorious climate, you will want to
have a dip in at least one of the pools, or you could just head straight to the
beach. Down at the seafront you can take part in water sports and diving and
snorkelling in the protected coral reef. The resort boasts an additional 24 hour
room service, bank and ATM facilities, and for a charge, a 24 hour medical
service. A variety of spa and beauty treatments is available for those who want
to indulge themselves, and an abundance of exciting day and evening activities
for the thrill seekers.  If your curiosity takes you outside of the resort, the
City Centre’s Bazaars are 7km away. Here you can also find the Sharm El Sheikh
International Conference Centre, situated across from an 18-hole golf course.

Food and Drink Options

A good range of hot food is available at the resort, ranging from excellent
buffet meals to up-market restaurants. As well as the main restaurant, Linah,
you can chose from the Fish Market Seafood Restaurant, Casa Mia Italian
Restaurant, House of Spice Indian food or the Fleur De Leis Cajun Restaurant and
Steakhouse. Individual themed evenings are also available. You can expect Indian
meals, Russian national dishes, and of course Egyptian speciality foods,
depending on what night of the week it is. Afterwards (or before – it’s your
holiday!) for a little something to wet the whistle, there are 8 bars spotted
around the resort, serving a variety of beverages and snacks.

The worst food In Sharm El Sheikh

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"I am Egyptian and this is my sixth visit to Sharm El Sheikh. I went to many hotels before and I also dinned in different hotels, over 20 restaurants, but i never ever had such a terrible experience with food. Sharm El Sheikh is well known for its luxurious and tasty food. The dinner in this hotel is beyond imagination and the breakfast is also not good. On the other hand, the villa we stayed in was very good, the hotel is clean , the sea sight is beautiful and the kids enjoyed very much the pool for children. Of course this is the last time i go to this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of April 2006

Two sides to the coin indeed.......

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Having taken a step outside the airport, the battle of the taxi price began! They will start with £25, but for a ten minute journey, dont pay more than 10. Due to heat, and eagerness for a late evening dip in the pool, we agreed for 12. The hotel layout is magnificent and is very picturesque with lovely flowers everywhere. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable so no complaints there. Lives up to its '5 star' status, for now. Staff are friendly, over at times, but better than having sour faces. The beach is very pebbly so you need fairly strong soles.
I expected lush, white sands...but you will have to stay in Naama Bay for that luxury. Great for snorkling as the waters are clear and full of exotic fish. For avid SCUBA's, its a dream come true. So far so good? Keep reading i'm afraid. The food in the restaurant was cold EVERY single day. Buffet yes, variety good (but you get bored of the same stuff by day 4) but cold food does not do it for me. Meals were a big disappointment. The swimming pools follow the trend of the food. They were freezing. i've been all over the world and these dips were the coldest i've experienced. There is a baby pool which is heated, so parents dont despair. But, next to this pool the staff play very loud dance/techno music. Requests of the many Russians that are present there. Not the most relaxing areas of the complex. Hey, forget to pack your tennis rackets. The two courts are made of orange sand rather than clay. They are in terrible condition. Did i forget to mention that all facilities you must pay for. Tennis, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and even table tennis they want money from you. Thats a first for me! Alcohol in the hotel is extorsionate. Makes the west end look cheap. Definitely pack your duty free in your suitcases. And watch out for the security guards, they will confiscate all foods and drinks bought from outside. Hiding in prams worked ever so well for us. To summarize, the hotel has both pros and cons, with the cons winning the race. I would certainly come back to Sharm El Sheikh, but would honestly stay in another hotel in Naama Bay."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of April 2006

fab rest

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Read reviews from several site's before booking and considering the 'winging pom' attitude decided to take a risk on this hotel as some of the reviews less than great. We got a blue taxi from the airport and paid £10, we were advised not to mess about bartering too much on arrival although they originally wanted £30 but our return to the airport cost us £3.50, big difference aigh. We didn't pay £10 visa as staying in sinai area, write this on the back of your visa application if your not going to Cairo etc. The hotel was fine, very much like hotels in Cuba and Dominican. Rooms spacious, clean. Beds were the most comfortable I have slept in and we go abroad 5 times a year and mostly 4/5 star. Food not the best but pay the extra when they have their themed evenings, these were fab. Hotel full of extremly ignorant Italians, we stayed on the beach, the beds were padded and wide and the snorkeling the best we have seen. Taxi from hotel to naama bay £2.50, don't bother to book courtasy bus, 2 hours not enough to do anything. The security check bag,s and will confiscate beer so be creative with hideing places. Alcahol a little expensive so if you like a drink take in duty free but again hide it."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of March 2006

A lovely hotel but

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"My wife and myself (early 60's) spent 1 week half board at the Holiday Inn. We thought the hotel itself was very good- the rooms are clean, the beds exceptionally comfy, the staff very obliging and happy and the pools, grounds, reception area and beach were all clean and well maintained. However, the food was not hot in the restaurant and the beach and pool snack bars were very poor as the food was cold. The hotel was about three-quarters full of Russians who were loud, greedy and pushed in front of you. The price of drinks was extortionate and as there was nowhere else near to the hotel it was take it or leave it. Most people did not buy drinks and the Russians would go to their rooms to drink vodka. If the hotel lowered their prices for drinks and snacks they would sell a lot more. Also, the dining room was 1/4 non-smoking and 3/4 smoking which is not good. It's a shame because it is a lovely hotel and the snorkelling is brilliant, but we won't be going back there - we would go nearer to Naama bay next time."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of March 2006

Just returned

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Just returned home after a weeks stay at the Holiday Inn. Had a very enjoyable week, the food was excellent with an extensive choice from a buffet menu and the salad and fruits were garden fresh. It is worth queing for the chef to prepare your own pasta dish. The breakfast menu is extensive and again the chef will prepare omlettes while u wait. The staff were very friendly and efficient and went out of their way to amuse my young daughter and generally make a fuss of you after we had been there a few days.
The rooms were cleaned to a good standard and the cleaners made a point of leaving either garden flowers or arranging the towels into the shape of a swan. A daily tip of a pound coin was recommended by others and this was clearly appreciated.
The beach was larger than I expected from looking at the photographs and the sun loungers were comfortable. The sand is however very coarse and I feel that the team of 3 beach staff who issue out the towells could have done a lot more to rake out the larger stones that made walking uncomfortable. I tended to use the far end of the beach away from the music PA which tended to be loud and poor quality.
Snorkelling off the pontoon was excellent and I saw a great variety of fish including Lion Fish and a Moray Eel. The dive club has closed at the hotel however there is a "Mr Diver" club at the next door hotel. I did 2 dives with them and they were very efficient."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of February 2006

Great Sea Views

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"This hotel will meet your expectations. When I booked on line I was not sure what to expect, but was most pleasantly surprised. The rooms are very large, with lovely balconies to sit in the afternoon/evenings to watch the sea.Food very good indeed, with a varied buffet menu. The restaurant staff are helpful and happy and polite, as we found all the staff to be in all the many areas. A little cold in the evenings, but sun shining every day.I think it is a lovely place to go and unwind in the sunshine."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of February 2006

Lovely place, but is this Egypt? :)

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Beautiful landscaping with plants, trees, and small pools. Very spacious and nicely decorated rooms with large beds, satellite TV, large bathrooms and large balconies where you can sit in the evening and enjoy a silent breeze. You can also get two rooms with a connecting door - very practical for families. Good buffet restaurant - inside for breakfast, lunch (if part of the package) and dinner, and outside with mostly Italien food per menu, and another restaurant with Bedouine style sitting areas. Very helpful reception staff: They organized a glassbottom boat tour, a camel ride with visit of a bedouin lodging, and a night tour to Mt Sinai for us, for less costs than the travel agency would have been able to do. I guess by circumventing travel agencies and organizing things locally, they still can get a good cut by offering the tours cheaper, but they won't show you the tickets (which are probably even cheaper). Nice indoors tourist "lane" with various shops and a bank.

Now for those who are looking for complaints:
Though connected to the ocean, there is only sand down to the waterfront. Under water it is rocky and corally though you can jump from a small wooden pier into deeper water. To get to a real sand beach you have to take a shuttle bus to Na'ama Beach (10am and 4pm). Also, when we arrived at 4pm, we couldn't get any beach towels anymore though you are supposed to be able to get them until sundown, the beach area was full with Italian and Ukrainin tourists, and there was quite some noise pollution with blaring music (which was taken advantage of by an aerobics class). If you need to have your breakfast packed for early departure or a night tour to Mt Sinai, it will probably miss a few things. Out of eight packages we got on two days, five were missing the boiled egg, four were missing the juice tetrapack, three were missing the second sandwich, four were missing the napkin/plastic fork & spoon set, and three had a roll in it which wasn't wrapped in plastic foil.
Resume: Neither people nor food nor location has much to do with Egypt, but there are nice tours you can organize from there (unless you really only want to be at a beach), and the place itself is great."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of January 2006

Hmmmmmm!!!!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"This was our first time to Egypt and definitely my last visit to the Holiday Inn. I'm not sure if it was just the time of year but the hotel was full to the rafters with Russians and everything seemed to be catered towards them.

We had gone for a relaxing break and on the 1st day settled by the pool, unfortunately 10 mins later the music started pumping and it was dance music all day everyday. Now I'm only 32 and don't mind dance music but from 10.00am until 6pm blasting out from every speaker it was too much. We spoke to one of the waiters who told us the Russians demand the loud music to be played.

Dining - This was the 1st holiday I've been on where I actually lost weight. We had gone half board and although the breakfast was okay the evening meals were awful, it was always freezing and the Russians had real attitude problems with regards to patience and waiting in line. It was like a rugby scrum at every meal.

Entertainment - if you can call a middle aged, over weight, out of tune, karaoke singer entertainment then fair enough but it certainly wasn't my idea of fun. He was on every night singing the same old songs. We went to the club one night to see what entertainment was on there and it was a cringeworthy Mr Holiday Inn competition all in Russian so we understood none of it. After the 4th night we ended up going straight to our rooms after dinner and watching a movie. Our one saving grace was a TV with one English movie channel.

Pool/Beach - The pools were lovely, apart from the music, and the beach was really nice. I couldn't fault the beach front location along with the beautiful clear waters for snorkling/scuba.

Cleanliness - The hotel was very clean and our rooms were done every day. The rooms were also very spacious.

Staff - The staff were very friendly although I didn't have a safety deposit key on arrival and despite asking for one 4 times I never got it.

Over all I wouldn't stay here again, infact I probably wouldn't go to the Sharm again as there's not much to do apart from Scuba which I have to say was fantastic. It was altogther a very dissapointing holiday!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of January 2006

would go back

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We have just come back from Sharm el sheikh after an enjoyable stay; whilst it is true to say the hotel is probably 3 stars rather than 5 stars we encountered none of the problems posted. All the staff where very courteous and polite our room was cleaned and the sheets on the beds where changed daily, our room over looked the bay. We stayed on a half board basis the food was ok but felt the holiday was cheap enough to have the option of eating in the hotel or eating out. Naama Bay is about 5 miles away but the taxis are very cheap 3 to 4 English pounds depending on how much haggling you felt like doing we always paid LE50 Egyptian £5 pounds English including tip. You can of course use the courtesy bus but we preferred to go and come back as we please.
The blue and white taxis are all owned by the Bedouin and are in a very bad state of repair but you can book your hotel taxi to come and pick you up again if you don’t fancy going back in one, we preferred not to be tied to a time so used them a couple of times, we are still here!
It is always a good idea to shop around before booking any trips to find the best deals we booked a couple through Sun and fun in Naama bay although they do have an office at the hotel.
The hard sell and the pestering in the markets can get quite annoying at times just smile and say no thank you and keep walking.
Don’t pay any notice to some of these reviews as they are really making a mountain out of a molehill we had to come back and write this as the 'Moaners' made us think that we had booked the holiday from hell before we went but it couldn’t of been further from the truth."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of December 2005

I exspected more off this hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"we exspected allot more off this hotel.food was terrible.most off the time the food was not cooked all the way. we had paid for an room with seaside,but I guess they think different then us about seaside.I must say the staff was very friendly and kind.animatie and the shows were pretty nice.but I don,t think that this hotel derseve to have 4 stars,me myself would never want to go back to this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of October 2005

Another brilliant holiday at Sultan Gardens!

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"2nd visit to Sultan Gardens and I was even more impressed than the first time! We were instantly recognised as returning guests, quite how they did this I don't know, but it was amazing. Casa Mia food and service was brilliant. Steak was to die for! Individual themed food evenings were a great addition. I really enjoyed the Eqyptian evening. Chinese, Thai, Russian, Italian, Eqyptian, Indian. Spa facilities excellent. Even my husband used the spa facilities and had a haircut which in his words "was the best haircut I have ever had". The happiest, smiliest staff I have ever come across in Eqypt. Nothing is too much trouble for them at all. Special mentions go to Ehab (restaurant booking desk), Amr (quiet restaurant), Sherif (quiet pool bar), Abdul (Sheika)(Al-Shalal pool bar), Julia and Evgenia at Guest Relations! Basel, your amazing staff are a credit to you. Looking forward to returning to my second family soon!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of October 2012

Amazing!

Reviewed Wed 25th of April 2012

"words cannot describe how fantastic this hotel is. the main pool where the animation team is placed and is the best pool in my eyes. the staff are very friendly and helpful, 3 waiters in particular Ehab. Momen and Sayeed or syeed (not sure how to spell it) are the most friendliest in the downstairs reastaurant. the cleaners where very helpful when we accidently left our key in the room.
Rooms:
we where in the seaview room thats not newly refurbished and it was clean, and we didn't see a problem with the rooms, as i've been reading some of the comments, we got bit by mosqitos because my aunty left the patio open for a few hours when we where in the room at night but she went to the pharmacy who where brilliant. i can not place one bad thing about this hotel. only one thing but that's nothing to do with the hotel because it's a wellness team man. but me and my aunty are booking for next year for two weeks this time we enjoyed it that much. and last time we came to Egypt i was 11 and i couldn't wait to get home because i was really scared but this time i was crying becuse i didn't want to come home because it was that good!, even the gardeners where very helpful. they where spraying something to kill or get rid of mosquitoes everyday while i was there."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of April 2012

Hotels near Sultan Gardens Resort

Stayed at Sultan Gardens Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sultan Gardens Resort

• grevillia by grevillia

"Take your own sandwiches. "

• grevillia by grevillia

"We were too ill to sample anything. "

• D Cato by D Cato

"I would only go for the diving which was amazing "

• sharon by sharon

"Great for fantastic food, service and diving "

• Vicky:) by Vicky:)

"Ideal for family holidays "

• Lindylou by Lindylou

"some walking involved as a big complex "

• BrotherOmar by BrotherOmar

"Take insect repellent "

• Katie J by Katie J

"take some mosqito repellent as you walk through the gardens you may get bit. "

Sultan Gardens Resort is also called