Sharming Inn Hotel

Hadabet Om El Seed Nr. Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 11511 Egypt

Very Good

Good

"We went to this hotel with our two children and 14 friends and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our rooms were very good and were cleaned daily...no complaints there. Food...well as others stated food was a bit repetative and got a little bit fed up of going in to the dining room expecting simlar things each meal time but this was nothing to put us off the holiday and we did not spend lots of money elsewhere as other people said. If we were hungry we would eat...plenty of fresh fruit, bread, fish and meat so you could mix and match. We found all of the hotel staff very friendly and our pool shack man got the sun beds readily available for us all each morning and even put the towels on for us each morning for a couple of euros...sorry to everyone that couldnt get a bed. Entertainment was not very good, need to update on things there infact it was quite embarrasing to sit there and watch. My husband siad the only thing worth watching or money well spent was the Beddoeing Dancers.

• Travel date: Fri 13th of January 2012

Sol Y Mar Sharming Inn

Good

"Just returned from a week at Sol Y Mar Sharming. Read a wide variety of reviews before we went. Generally they were unfavourable. Well we had a great time. There from 4th - 11th April 2010. Hotel was no more than 3 star - but a good 3 star. Staff were very polite and friendly. Pool and hotel generally were clean and tidy. Lots of mosquitoes so take repellent and after bite. Lots of Russians, no answer to them, you`ve just got to be as rude as they are. Generally we had a really good week. Would advise going all-inclusive. We weren`t sure but did. Worth the extra to just have drinks when you like. Remember you`re in Egypt not Blackpool and you`ll enjoy it! Nice private beach just a bus ride (free) away - you`re better off going for the afternoon as most people go in the morning then comeback at lunchtime. If you don`t like being hassled by the sellers just make it plain that you`re not interested and they`ll leave you alone. We`d have no problem going back again."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of April 2010

Three Wonderful Weeks

"Just got back from Sharm after spending 3 really wonderful weeks at the Sol Y Mar.

Whatever this hotel may lack in star ratings is more than made up for by the pleasant, helpful, friendly and amusing staff.

As long as you are prepared to get up and do things with them the in house entertainment team were second to none making the days and nights lots of fun, I just dont know where they found the energy.

Excellent in house shops mean you dont have to go out and have everyone chasing you to by things, gifts, make up, massage, shave, trips, diving, you name it and you could get it all right there which in the 3 weeks my wife and I stayed we tried just about everything.

Near reception is a desk for the Aqua Sharm Diving College (situated next door) PADI registered, friendly, fun and safe. They took us out snorkeling at a very reasonable price in complete safety and yet showing us how to free dive and get the most from the coral reefs. A diving expert friend of ours recomended them for the SCUBA as well.

If you must have an English meal while you are there, visit Picasos about a 10 minute walk away or 20 el (2 pounds) in a taxi. Air conditioned and proper fish and chips although we would defy most people to be able to finish one of their mamoth portions.

We took over 600 photos, half on land and half underwater which we have cut down to 288 and posted on facebook if you would like to have a look, my user id there is glen.dugard
and you are welcome to browse.

All in all, could not fault the place and would readilly go again."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of July 2009

Will be going back again

"We had 7 nights flying from Glasgow with Thomas Cook Airlines booked with 118 Travel. Great holiday with great staff at the hotel. Every Egyptian we met was polite and friendly ( even the police). The hotel is quiet with NO traffic noise. We had a ground floor room leading out to the pool. The rooms are in need of a freshen up but were kept clean and tidy by room staff. The food was okay for mass produced but you get what you pay for - I never lost any weight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Large shopping centre 10 mins walk away or Na-ama Bay by hotel taxi (£5.00 each way).Beer, wine and spirits all perfectly drinkable and included. Cannot speak highly enough of the staff. Mohamed the Sandman who has a stall beside the pool making sand "pictures" inside glass botles is a real gem. Ahmed who has an oils and perfume shop beside him is a real gent. We are keeping in touch with both of them. Try the scuba diving in the red sea and the quad biking is a must !! All in all VALUE for money."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of May 2009

sol y mar sharming inn

"the reception in the sol y mar sharming inn is really nice,but the rooms do not come up to standard concidering this is a 4 star hotel. the bathroom was in desperate need of updating many of the tiles on the walls were cracked,and when tiles had fallen off any old tile had been put in its place. the shower was really small just enough room to turn around in. the housekeeping staff was really friendly he did his best too keep our room clean. the hotel staff were really friendly also except for a couple who were rather ignorant. all inclusive buffet was ok,not much variety on a daily basis but the food was edible and fresh. the main pool was overcrouded so we used the smaller pool up the top which was much better as it was quite open and we had a lovely breeze blowing through every day.i would rate this hotel to be 3 star at the most, overall we had a nice time we would definatly go back to egypt but not to the sol y mar."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of October 2008

I read a lot of comments good and bad ab...

Good

"I read a lot of comments good and bad about this hotel before booking and was just a little worried! I was pleasantly surprised - for the money I paid, I had a cracking holiday.

The hotel is basic but very clean, more of a 3 star than 4 but you get what you pay for!

I didn't hear of a single person ill with food poisoning, while the food is repetitive and a little basic there is plenty of it and it is served with a smile and safe to eat! The staff are friendly and happy to help, the bedrooms are basic but cleaned daily with great air conditioning. The pool is clean and there are plenty of sun beds - even if you are not up at the crack of dawn!

All in all great value for money, good hotel beach and an entertainment team who with limted resources kept us entertained both day and night.

If you want everything perfect pay more MONEY - if you want a cheap relaxing holiday with plenty sun and nice people then the Sol Y Sharming isn't a bad shout!"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of September 2008

This hotel is not a 4 star rating more l...

Good

"This hotel is not a 4 star rating more like a 3 star,looks quite impressive when you arrive,reception staff were good,our room was good, bathroom very dated,air con in both our bedrooms(thank god because the heat was unbearable)main pool area good you need to get up early to get sunbeds after 08-30 not many left,food this was the down side to the hotel(my opinion)very reptitive and not much selection,entertainment crap,but they did try,lobby entertainment even worse,there was just nothing to do at night,we went to Naama Bay quite a lot to eat and get entertained,we were all inclusive and yet we spent quite a lot of money just to get some decent food,we went in August 2008 the heat was unbearable 40+ during the day at night it dropped to 30+ so drink plenty of water,to sum up I think the most important things in a hotel are the rooms which were quite good,the food very very limited choice and repetitive,the entertainment rubbish(i`m sorry it just was)out of the eight people in our party 5 had the tom tits,4 for most of the 14 days,so be prepared."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of September 2008

I spent 2 fabulous weeks here with my 2...

"I spent 2 fabulous weeks here with my 2 children, Rhiannon 14 & Ciaran 7. The hotel & the staff are fantastic..The rooms are superb...Everyone at the hotel was so kind & helpful..There is so much to do & see. I would highly recommend all inclusive..I would also recommend booking the excursions in nearby resort namma bay, this saves you so much money..The entertainment at the hotel was 1st class & with such wonderful. caring & friendly staff..A first class hotel with first class people..
Caroline & family...Bridgend, Wales"

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

had a really relaxing time the hotel has...

Good

"had a really relaxing time the hotel has two pools one with pool bar. the rooms are spacious and the entire hotel is clean. the food is edible but a tad repetitve. if you are looking for a lively resort then don't go here as there are no bars or restaurants near the hotel. the private beach is approx 10 mins walk, although there is a shuttle bus on the hour fom 10 till 5. recommended on return from the beach due to the heat! another thing the drinks are also all inclusive on the beach if you are on this package. ideal for snorkellers and divers. hotel staff are friendly and helpful. i wish people would grasp the fact that hotel ratings in foreign countries are not always the same standard as the uk having said that this hotel is good for cleanliness and friendliness and a good place to relax. would return in the future. recommend trip to cairo to see pyramids and the cities traffic! also worth pointing uot due to the location of taba the trips are all day early morning till late evening"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of August 2008

Read previous comments and I was a littl...

Good

"Read previous comments and I was a little worried. The hotel was lovely, only problem was the location as it is situated away from the main resort but you can get a free bus or taxi which was very cheap. The cleanliness at the hotel was first class. The staff all very friendly. The food became a bit repetitive after 1 week but that is the same for most hotels. The weather was just too hot, 45 degrees most days, so if you can't stand the heat don't go July or August. Went out and about a couple of time but be prepared to be pestered by the Egyptian sellers. Had a good time but don't think I would go back to Egypt."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of August 2008

Myself and two friends all girls are jus...

"Myself and two friends all girls are just back after 2 weeks of relaxation at the Sol Y Mar Hotel and what can i say , The hotel was spotless those poor guys are contantly cleaning . The rooms are basic but ample, clean bedding and towels every day , no shortage of hot water and air conditioning that we had to turn of at times because we were cold .Can't ask for more .
The hotel was lovely pool was very clean Being a life guard and pool plant operator I can say this for sure . the night time entertainment wasn't very good but we went into Namma bay most nights on the free bus.
The dining room was clean and the food was great I dont know what other people expect for all inclusive , there was plenty of choice and they cant help you enough .
drinks are good I recommend the wine and the Lager didn't drink anything else so cant comment on other drinks.
The beach was cooler due to the breeze , but you cant really go into shallow water as that does destroy the reef , so I can understand why they are strict on this .not the best for weak or non swimmers but worthwhile seeing those fish ..
my tips would be take hydrating sachets with you as the upset stomach problems are due to our bodies not used to the intense heat of Egypt .it has nothing to do with the food or the water and its a shame to blame it on this .
worthwhile going out on the quad bikes in mountains great fun and the snorkleing trips but go with the locals rather than the tour operators as they are 1/3 of the price and know what they are taking about . Ive been to Sharm el Sheikh 4 times now and this hotel is by far the best . hope you enjoy it too...."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of July 2008

I stayed at the Sharming in at the begin...

Good

"I stayed at the Sharming in at the beginning of this month, and overall I can say I really enjoyed it and it was great value for money!!
On the 1st night when we got there, we went to get food, and to be honest, we were a bit like eugh, because some of it looked unusual to say the least!! But then on the second night it improved when you find out what you like. There was a lot of variety, with lovely fresh bread and fruit available. also chips for lunch if u get desperate!!
the hotel beach is a bit of a hassle cos u have to get a bus, however, we found another beach if u just go out of the hotel and walk for less than 5 mins, it costs 2quid to get onto it but its definitly worth it!!! we went snorkelling there and it was absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!! better than at the hotel beach, and the sea was a lot calmer there too.
the hotel staff were all so nice!! oh I'd recomend asking for a downstaris room next to the pool! cos then u can just put ur sunloungers outside your room n step outside and your by the pool!
animation team can get very annoying at times, but ther only doin their jobs. entertainment at night is a bit rubbish too!
ohh also, u dont even have to take egyptian money! they actually prefer sterling or euros!
the alcohol measures were not stingey in the slightest and i felt a bit drunk after two vodkas so me warned!!
only complaints really are that it would have been nicer to be near our own beach, the animation was a bit annoying, some of the food was gross (but theyv gotta cater for everyone including russians!!), thats about it really!
have a good hol!

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2008

Hotels near Sharming Inn Hotel

Stayed at Sharming Inn Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sharming Inn Hotel

• fort1 by fort1

"Hard Rock Cafe - brillliant - quads in the dessert !! "

• Glen Dugard by Glen Dugard

"Great as long as you can take the heat "

• cluffy by cluffy

"We were pleased with our stay. "

Sharming Inn Hotel is also called