Sharm Inn Amarein Hotel

Hadabett Om El Seid, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Excellent Service

"Having booked the holiday, excellent place, couldnt ask for a nicer place, I had an issue with my cash card into the second week of the stay where i was unable to draw money out. I spoke to Tamir on the reception desk, words cannot describe how helpfull Tamir was, i spoke to the thomas cook representative who said they couldnt help, it was the hotel who sorted out this problem i had. I would recommend this hotel and Tamir to anyone wishing to stay in Sharm el Sheik. I have never had such good service anywhere in the UK as i have received here."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of January 2007

A1

"We have been there 6 times know for the diving, return to see friends we have made
The dive school is very good
Hotel is a good choice for cheapness comfort relaxing away from the main area food(go bed and b as the food in Nama bay is very very cheap the choice is A1)
Staff excellent couldnt do more

Would say the managment on the desk are different though we had to remind them we are regular visiters to Sharm inn and Egypt

Its out the way but theres a free bus at night free (taxi good should only pay about 15/20 Egypt pounds. Hamesh is a good taxi man outside the Sharm Inn. bus to Paradise beach and Paradise beach is one off the best in Sharm, were both divers believe me some of the beaches are not so good for water fish sunbathing.
Enjoy were going back March"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of January 2007

sharm inn amarein

"december3rd 2006. stayed at the sharm inn for 2 weeks half board. we wish we had only booked bed& breakfast. the evening meal was repeated every night with a few exceptions. the staff were brilliant and could not complain about the rooms, they were spotless. i had a tummy bug for a couple of days and so did other guests, but this also happened in other hotels. we did enjoy our holiday but sadly this is a part of egypt we won't visit again. we are the type to see different destinations. to be fair it isn't england and there fore you accept there ways. but it was good fun and we had a good laugh with all the locals. (lovely people) i think food hygeine needs attention. my husband and i went on this holiday. age 56-60."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of December 2006

Disappointed

"I spent 10 days at the Sharm Inn at the beginning of November with a friend from work. After seeing such rave reviews we thought we'd found the perfect place to unwind. On arrival our passports were taken off us and left in open pigeon holes for anyone to take as the reception desk wasn't always manned. On being shown to our room we found the bath to have a large rusty dirty looking stain so we asked the management if we could move rooms. We managed to move to a moderately better room with a slightly less stained bath but on being so tired we agreed to stay in this one. You get 2 medium and 2 very small hand towels in the bathroom each day and they were quite rough and pretty frayed so drying yourself after a shower was novel. We did ask for extra towels but we never received them. The shower would run hot and cold whilst you were underneath it which became a bit annoying . The tv in our room had terrible reception and I managed to get a better picture myself after about 5 days because no-one came to look at it. Our telephone didn't work from day one and it took about 4 days for someone to come and have a look at it and the member of staff who came round asked if he could have a photo of my friend and I. We found this very odd and complained the manager the following day. That evening 3 men turned up to take the phone away, needles to say we didn't let any of them into our room. Being two girls on our own in a strange country this unnerved us. On reading other reviews we knew that the bar played loud music but we had to endure pumping techno music until about 1am on our first night. Several guests complained that it wasn't an 18-30 holiday and we would prefer some chill out music so we didn't hear any loud music after that. If you had breakfast and dinner included in the price of your stay I wouldn't recommend the free food at all, it was truly disgusting. However if you order the grilled fish from the bar it was amazing and very cheap. We spent a mixture of time either by the pool during the day or going to the beach but after enduring the Corrs CD non-stop one day we spent the last 3 days down at the beach. The hotel's private beach was a let down too as it was just by a little cove and you had to walk down from a small cliff to get to it. We discovered the beach at the Novotel Hotel which was amazing, with lovely food on offer and professional and pleasant staff who understood English perfectly. Sharm el Sheikh was what we expected it to be, the weather is great, food OK but you have to hunt out the good places to eat and it's only 5 hours on a plane. Would I go again... yes, would I stay at the Sharm Inn Amarein.. no. A couple of the bar staff were very sweet and the Restaurant Manager was very professional but the reception staff thought everything was a joke and wouldn't help us with any of our requests. We couldn't get the phone in our room replaced for the 10 days we stayed so we had to give up asking. They were not professional at all. If you want a last minute holiday then Egypt is great but I wouldn't recommend the Sharm Inn Amarein as there are so many other better hotels to choose from."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of December 2006

Excellent value

Good

"We recently returned from Sharm El Sheikh and a two week stay at the Sharm Inn Amarein.

Service - The staff at the hotel are very thorough - our room was cleaned to exceptional standard every day - under the bed was swept - the headboard dusted - the bathroom scrubbed - the wait staff in the restaurant are anxious to help and the front desk staff (Tamer in particular) are friendly and courteous.

Food - There is a good selection of food on the buffet - however - it gets a bit boring after two weeks - breakfast meat selection is non existant - but the omlettes and breads are very good - the dessert selection in the evening is to die for - so make sure you save room.

Rooms - The rooms are large and practical - we were on the ground floor and had a balcony that overlooked the pool. The bathrooms have a tub/shower combination and a hair dryer (although I did hear some people complain that they had a tub only so make sure you specify on checkin that you want a shower) The only downfall to the room was that there were two single beds pushed together which is not the most comfortable - but the matresses were clean and firm.

General - The pool is kept sparkling clean and the grounds are well maintained - the lobby is clean - the only downside for me is that everyone smokes everywhere - there is internet available for 10 egyptian pounds for 30 mins - which is actually quite reasonable (the printer is not working). There are "taxis" available at the front entrance - if you need a taxi take one of these - the price is the same as what you will pay on the street and you are guaranteed a quality ride - make sure that you and the driver understand how much you will pay - in which currency - before you get in - and if you are taking the car round trip don't pay until you are picked up and delivered back to the hotel.

Beach - Ok - so here's the biggest downer - the beach is not what I would consider a beach - and it's a 10 minute drive away - there is a free shuttle but it is not frequent. To enter the water you have to walk out a cement ramp to the end of a coral reef - wonderful for snorkelling but not overly nice for just hanging out in the water. If you want a better beach experience there are a few "public" beaches where you pay and spend the day - check out the Neilsen travel book in the lobby for names and locations and prices.

Location - Quite centrally located - about a 10 min drive to Naama bay - the same to old sharm - and for the highlight of my day - a 5 minute walk to a wonderful cafe - The Station - run by a sweet British lady - who made me tea and toast when I was sick (and man was i sick!!!) The Station has wonderful coffee, sandwiches and desserts - you won't be dissapointed!!! Tell Donna that Barb the sick Canadian sent you

Overall - this is a excellent choice for a budget minded traveller - we would book again if we were to return to Sharm."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of December 2006

lived up to all our expectations...fantastic

"Just returned from Egypt having spent a glorious week at the Sharm InnAmarein. We had read the many reviews and were expecting a good hotel and we were not dissapointed. Cannot fault the hotel in any way. Service, staff, food, atmosphere..everything you would want during a holiday was there. The pool area was fab, so quiet and relaxing, service from the staff was faultless.. they told us to sit and they would come to us. "You are working next week, then this week you will sit" what a great attitude !!!
The staff made the holiday.
We did the day trip to Cairo by bus, exhausting but worth every tiring moment, hotel made us up breakfast boxes to take with us and also recommended we take our pillows for the trip. We felt a bit daft getting on the bus with pillows but they were right !!! We needed them.
Namma Bay is a short taxi ride away, loved the shops and the tourist "tat". Courtesy bus leaves dead on time for the beach during the day and to Namma Bay in the evening.
You can't help but tip the staff, because it is a small hotel they get to know you and have your beer, coffee, sun beds set up for you before you get to them, fantastic.
The only problem we had was the mozzies, but they can't control them, take a plug in for the room and as many sprays/roll on's as you can get. The Pharmacist next door is great and will help if you have any problems.
We consider ourselves to be well travelled around the world and have stayed at many supposed "good" hotels, I can honestly say that if you are looking for a relaxing time with first class service and easy reach to all local amenities then this hotel is the place for you, we spoke to a couple who were there for a month and I soooo envied them. We also met a couple who had stayed at other hotels in Sharm and while they were lovely, were much bigger and they felt that the Amarein was a hotel they would return to because of the personal service they received.

Would go back tomorrow!!!!!! Infact we intend to return next year, I would happily forego 2 weeks in summer to spend 2 weeks in the Sharm Inn Amarein late October/ November"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of December 2006

Nice little hotel

Good

"Not a bad little hotel for a cheap break in November. Rooms clean and spacious, overlooking the pool - luckily we were away from the pool bar end - which seemed to play the same CD over and over all week from dawn til after dark. Breakfast was good with a huge choice, evening meal didn't vary that much - but at that price hardly suprising.
Drinks ( including water) bought at the hotel were London prices, around 10 times more expensive than you'll pay in a local supermarket.
Hotels own pharmacy did well out of us - and by the looks of the pill popping guests - quite a few others. Take note of what to eat and what not to eat before you go - and stick to it! (This maybe unfair as we ate in quite a few places, not just the hotel).
Situation may be alittle out of the way as it is a taxi ride everywhere, although only 5 - 10 minutes, so if you like an evening stroll forget it - every passing vehicle will stop to pick you up.
Staff all really friendly and helpful and majority English speakers. Highly recommend Charm of Sharm ( found on Trip Advisor) for excursions and airport transfers. Trip to Cairo by plane was definately highlight of this first visit to Egypt.
Only one negative - and nothing to do with the hotel. The guests - everyone smoked everywhere, all the time. As a smoker I dont usually get bothered by cigarette smoke, but the dining room often resembled one of those airport smoking booths - not the nicest atmosphere to enjoy breakfast!"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of December 2006

Excellent Value for Money !!!!!

"My partner and I booked at week at this hotel and was truly surprised what value for money we had. From the moment we arrived in the large spacious reception area we could see we would have an enjoyable time. We had read reviews about this hotel all good may i ask and was certainly not disappointed. The room overlooked the pool, was spacious however somewhat dark, and lack of plug sockets, however it was exceptionally clean, the room boys were tremendous they scalptured our towels most days and gave us a laugh especially when it was my partners birthday and he done a surprise man clad in all attire. The pool bar was cheap the food lovely, we travelled into Naama Bay most nights and easily found somewhere nice to eat very cheaply, we did find ourselves eating at the Hard Rock Cafe many nights. The only thing I did not like was the hassle you got from the taxi drivers and shopkeepers.

Overall I would say the hotel was certainly one of the best ones i had stayed at. The Manager did an excellent job he was not one to allow for slackers he ensured the staff did what they were told.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget it is truly value for money and would certainly return."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of November 2006

superb sharm inn amarein

"second stay ay the sharm inn amarein this year. cannot wait to go back. treated like long lost family. they all remembered my wife and i. eating in or is ok and u can upgrade to h/b or a/i but there and many good eating places ie. the tavern2 200 yards along the road(same side)fulll english breakfast ps.with bacon and sausage. go to the sharm inn amarein and be spoiled,"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of November 2006

a great holiday

"Sharminn Amarein (sharm el sheikh) is a work of art, I loved the décor; Bedrooms are exquisite, large, comfortable, and well appointed. Color throughout was chosen marvelously. The pool area is excellent, with seats and viewing of the outlay of the pool. At night, the pool and its surroundings turn into a harmony of color, light and lovely music, the sky above sprayed with shinny stars make you forget the whole world and feel the best of your holiday. Most friendly and courteous employees, staff maintains a perfect balance between professionalism and warm friendliness.

A great recipe for a wonderful holiday!Thanks

RS-United Kingdom"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of November 2006

What an amazing holiday!

"My husband and I booked a two weeks stay at Sharm Inn for our anniversary! We were looking through reviews, and to be honest, I didn't know what to expect. My mind quickly changed when I walked through the lobby doors. The hotel was magnificent! The sparkling chandeliers glittered as we were sincerely assisted by one of the staff for check in. Once we left the lobby, we entered paradise. Haha I'm kidding.. but it was really brilliant! Walking by the pool area (which was also the hotel center) at night was beautiful! They had soft music playing as we strolled to our rooms. I was a little nervous as we walked in due to the previous reviews, but the room looked very comfortable! We arrived late at night so we weren't able to go swimming, so we just took a rest in our room. To celebrate our anniversary, we ordered some champagne and drank it on the balcony. The pool looked wonderful, I was so excited to go swimming.
We woke up early the next day, anxious for the day to roll by. My husband and I got dressed and went down to the hotel restaurant. I honestly don't know why the reviews say that the food isn't good.. I thought it tasted just fine. The staff were very friendly and the food was delicious. We didn't bother having breakfast anywhere else; both my husband and I really enjoyed the food! The cook was very nice also; he would ask us what we were planning to do for the day.
After breakfast we would go take a swim. Don't forget to apply sunscreen; the weather can get really hot in Egypt! We had a lot of fun in the pool though. The pool bar staff were absolutely hilarious! Be sure to check out the pool bar and jacuzzi. I've never laughed so hard! We had so many fun memories at Sharm Inn.
After lunch at the pool, we went back to our room for a shower. The water was a little funny at the start. We just let it run for a few seconds and it was normal in no time! We watched a little television, but it was a shame to see that there were no english channels. My husband became upset but I figured we weren't in Egypt to watch the telly, we were there to have fun! I reminded him of this and then we went up to Blue's Bar to play some billiards. I didn't end up playing because I didn't want to embarrass myself, but I had a nice drink. My husband had a lot of fun with one of the other guests playing billiards. I sat down and talked with his wife and I realized that they're also from Britain! We decided to go to Nama Bay together sort of as a double date! It was absolutely brilliant. This was the nightlife of our trip. The cafes there were great; the food was exceptional. Actually, the food was almost as good as the hotels'! Overall we had a fun time. My husband got offered 700 hundred camels for me though, which I found quite funny. After buying some souveniers, we hurried back to the hotel. My husband and I had a great night and we'd definitely do it again!
Overall, my stay at Sharm Inn was perfect. We both had an excellent time and I couldn't imagine not going back again. Although airplane tickets were a bit pricey, things definitely evened out thanks to the hotel cost. It didn't cost much at all, and everything was great. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. The negative reviews previously posted honetly just confused me. I don't know how anyone could leave this hotel disappointed. Everything was absolutely flawless and I would definitely give this hotel 10/10! "

• Travel date: Fri 25th of June 2010

Very disappointed

"We did some research on this hotel before booking the holiday and there were a number of good reviews so we were disappointed that it didn't live up to our expectations upon arrival. The outside of the hotel was painted a strange colour (not the same as in the pictures we had seen online) and looked a little dirty but this may just have been due the style of the painting. The reception area was very nice and air conditioned, there was a metal detector at the front doors but why, we have no idea, most of the time we didn't bother to walk through it and when we did and it went off the police ignored it anyway, very strange.

Our room was a nice size but the bathroom had no window and was quite small and claustrophobic, there was a lot of staining in the bath, on the shower curtains and around the base of the toilet (I'm hoping the marks around the toilet were just staining anyway!). The water runs a funny colour in Egypt which explains the staining. The bath was pretty cracked as well and the shower was absolutely useless, there was barely any pressue when on a normal setting, it was almost impossible to rinse soap from your hands, in order to wash my hair, I had to turn the head round until there was a tap like flow (still not much more than a dribble but better). The pressure and the temperature were erratic and the water often burned me, I had to have cold showers so when the temperature changed and heated up it wasn't too hot and didn't burn me. The towels appeared to be changed infrequently, housekeeping hung up the towels in the same place in the bathroom each day and we thought they were fresh each day but it soon became apparent this was not the case - whilst shaving my legs in the shower, a mosquito bite started to bleed but I didn't realise until out of the shower and i used a corner of the towel to dab it, my boyfriend was pretty freaked out the next day when he grabbed what he thought was a clean towel to find a pretty awful looking stain! In order to get the towels changed we had to put them in the bath and soak them. Speaking of towels... be careful if you're a lady of a certain age travelling alone. During our stay a lady's towels kept going missing and she ended up with just the one, she asked for another towel and was propositioned by the housekeeping man who thought she was there for one reason only! It turns our there are some older women who go abroad with the express intention of sleeping with housekeeping and giving them money which explains why this particular male had got the wrong idea! Still on the subject of the bathroom, the very first full day we were there, we reported that the cold water on the sink was not working, it was impossible to wash your face after the tap had been running for any length of time as the water got too hot, we were told someone would be out in 5 minutes but no one turned up for a whole week! And then he seemed under the impression we had NO HOT water! So they would have left us for a week with no hot water? After a week of making do we just couldn't be bothered with the mither and disruption and so didn't bother explaining again.

The balcony was incredibly tiny, you could literally touch all four sides at the same time, there was just enough room for two people to sit side by side with nothing in front or behind, we were on the first floor and all the first floor balconies were the same size, they were a little bigger on the ground floor.

We requested a double bed but ended up with two singles which is very strange because two young girls staying at the same time had a double bed! On the first night I asked the staff to put the beds together but this didn't happen. It was only through chance that I popped back to he room whilst housekeeping were there a few days into the holiday and was able to ask them to make up the beds as a double. We ended up with two single beds made separately but right next to each other and pushed against the wall instead! We moved the beds ourselves back into the middle. The next day the beds had been pushed together and made up into a double but it appears they had no double bedding and made do by laying multiple sheets across the mattress overlapping. One of the sheets was so thin and discoloured we could see the matress through it. A couple of the sheets had stains too which I wasn't very happy about. As well as the sheets there was bed covers but we had to have one each as we weren't given a double one until the last couple of days and it was fleecy and very dirty looking so we didn't use it. Reverting back to the two single bed covers, every night we used them as we had the air con on and every day (almost) housekeeping removed them and bundled them up in various places in the room!

The pool area was very nice and they seemed to clean the pool itself each morning, having said that, there were often random bits floating about in it which wasn't so nice. The pool man was very helpful and would set up an umbrella for you and move it about, they were too complicated and heavy to arrange youself. The pool closed at about 18.00 hours each evening which was a little early really because the sun was still shining and there were a number of people still out and enjoying the weather. The hotel loaned towels for the beds free of charge but they were taken away at 18.00 hours also meaning you either had to do without or leave the area, or of course use your own if you took one with you. Most of the towels were stained.

The hotel catered for a number of different nationalities and so the breakfast (we went bed and breakfast) was quite varied. We didn't eat the fruit or salad though due to the water, we were both quite poorly with our bellies whilst away and we were told that eating the fruit and what not washed in tap water could make this worse. The cups for the tea and coffee were chipped, cracked and very dirty looking, each morning I had to hunt through them to find the best of a bad bunch. There were various fresh fruit juices but they charged extra for them! Surely if breakfast is included then they shouldn't be trying to charge extra for certain things being served at breakfast. The hotel used tap water for ice so we stopped having ice in our drinks when we discovered this. The food at the pool bar was very very average, the bread used for sandwiches was very hard and seemed almost stale, it fell apart when touched. The food was quite pricey, especially considering the quality. The evening meals were about 12 euros each but we didn't sample this, assuming the quality would be the same as the pool bar (they seemed to use the same kitchen) we felt that 12 euros was extortionate.

The hotel itself was situated quite a way out. It was approximately 10 minutes in a taxi from Naama Bay and about 5 minutes to Old Sharm. We went to Naama Bay most nights for an evening meal because there wasn't much by the hotel, there was a free bus from the hotel that left at 20.30 hours and returned at 23.00 hours. It cost about 20 Egyptian Pounds each way in a taxi (about £2.50). There were only a few places to eat near the hotel, there was a bar called T2 that was nice enough but had a very basic pub menu, there was Cafe Picasso that had a larger menu but still mainly British pub food and it was quite expensive really (we worked out it was about £6.50 for a baked potato!) and they didn't serve alcohol, we had an english breakast there one day and they had twinings english breakfast tea which was lovely. We ate a few times at an Italian called Blu, the food was lovely and it was a lot cheaper than anywhere else we found but alcohol wise, they only served beer, and for some reason, not every day.

The rep at the hotel (for Thomas Cook) was quite new and didn't seem to know too much, she told us we shouldn't be paying more than 10 Egyptian Pounds for a taxi to and from Naama Bay but we couldn't get one for any less than 20. She bantered a lot with a couple of blokes about football and didn't provide us with very much useful information at all.

We went to Dahab in the Red Sea last year and it was lovely and very very cheap, Sharm in comparison just didn't match up. We were hassled by the locals constantly, there was always someone trying to rip you off and everything was very expensive, much more so than Dahab. A small glass of wine in most places worked out at about £6.00, a bottle of beer was about £3.

We were very disapointed with this hotel and had totally had enough by the end of the first week. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and would say it was more like a 2 star than a 4."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of March 2010

Hotels near Sharm Inn Amarein Hotel

Stayed at Sharm Inn Amarein Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sharm Inn Amarein Hotel

• Gemcookie by Gemcookie

"Ideal for a relaxing chilled out holiday!! "

• Gemcookie by Gemcookie

"Recommend a trip to see the pyramids!! "

• jennifermclacner by jennifermclacner

"This is a must-visit, hotel! Absolutely brilliant! "

Sharm Inn Amarein Hotel is also called