Sharm Inn Amarein Hotel

Hadabett Om El Seid, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

What an amazing holiday!

Reviewed Fri 25th of June 2010

"My husband and I booked a two weeks stay at Sharm Inn for our anniversary! We were looking through reviews, and to be honest, I didn't know what to expect. My mind quickly changed when I walked through the lobby doors. The hotel was magnificent! The sparkling chandeliers glittered as we were sincerely assisted by one of the staff for check in. Once we left the lobby, we entered paradise. Haha I'm kidding.. but it was really brilliant! Walking by the pool area (which was also the hotel center) at night was beautiful! They had soft music playing as we strolled to our rooms. I was a little nervous as we walked in due to the previous reviews, but the room looked very comfortable! We arrived late at night so we weren't able to go swimming, so we just took a rest in our room. To celebrate our anniversary, we ordered some champagne and drank it on the balcony. The pool looked wonderful, I was so excited to go swimming.
We woke up early the next day, anxious for the day to roll by. My husband and I got dressed and went down to the hotel restaurant. I honestly don't know why the reviews say that the food isn't good.. I thought it tasted just fine. The staff were very friendly and the food was delicious. We didn't bother having breakfast anywhere else; both my husband and I really enjoyed the food! The cook was very nice also; he would ask us what we were planning to do for the day.
After breakfast we would go take a swim. Don't forget to apply sunscreen; the weather can get really hot in Egypt! We had a lot of fun in the pool though. The pool bar staff were absolutely hilarious! Be sure to check out the pool bar and jacuzzi. I've never laughed so hard! We had so many fun memories at Sharm Inn.
After lunch at the pool, we went back to our room for a shower. The water was a little funny at the start. We just let it run for a few seconds and it was normal in no time! We watched a little television, but it was a shame to see that there were no english channels. My husband became upset but I figured we weren't in Egypt to watch the telly, we were there to have fun! I reminded him of this and then we went up to Blue's Bar to play some billiards. I didn't end up playing because I didn't want to embarrass myself, but I had a nice drink. My husband had a lot of fun with one of the other guests playing billiards. I sat down and talked with his wife and I realized that they're also from Britain! We decided to go to Nama Bay together sort of as a double date! It was absolutely brilliant. This was the nightlife of our trip. The cafes there were great; the food was exceptional. Actually, the food was almost as good as the hotels'! Overall we had a fun time. My husband got offered 700 hundred camels for me though, which I found quite funny. After buying some souveniers, we hurried back to the hotel. My husband and I had a great night and we'd definitely do it again!
Overall, my stay at Sharm Inn was perfect. We both had an excellent time and I couldn't imagine not going back again. Although airplane tickets were a bit pricey, things definitely evened out thanks to the hotel cost. It didn't cost much at all, and everything was great. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. The negative reviews previously posted honetly just confused me. I don't know how anyone could leave this hotel disappointed. Everything was absolutely flawless and I would definitely give this hotel 10/10! "

• Travel date: Fri 25th of June 2010

Very disappointed

Reviewed Mon 22nd of March 2010

"We did some research on this hotel before booking the holiday and there were a number of good reviews so we were disappointed that it didn't live up to our expectations upon arrival. The outside of the hotel was painted a strange colour (not the same as in the pictures we had seen online) and looked a little dirty but this may just have been due the style of the painting. The reception area was very nice and air conditioned, there was a metal detector at the front doors but why, we have no idea, most of the time we didn't bother to walk through it and when we did and it went off the police ignored it anyway, very strange.

Our room was a nice size but the bathroom had no window and was quite small and claustrophobic, there was a lot of staining in the bath, on the shower curtains and around the base of the toilet (I'm hoping the marks around the toilet were just staining anyway!). The water runs a funny colour in Egypt which explains the staining. The bath was pretty cracked as well and the shower was absolutely useless, there was barely any pressue when on a normal setting, it was almost impossible to rinse soap from your hands, in order to wash my hair, I had to turn the head round until there was a tap like flow (still not much more than a dribble but better). The pressure and the temperature were erratic and the water often burned me, I had to have cold showers so when the temperature changed and heated up it wasn't too hot and didn't burn me. The towels appeared to be changed infrequently, housekeeping hung up the towels in the same place in the bathroom each day and we thought they were fresh each day but it soon became apparent this was not the case - whilst shaving my legs in the shower, a mosquito bite started to bleed but I didn't realise until out of the shower and i used a corner of the towel to dab it, my boyfriend was pretty freaked out the next day when he grabbed what he thought was a clean towel to find a pretty awful looking stain! In order to get the towels changed we had to put them in the bath and soak them. Speaking of towels... be careful if you're a lady of a certain age travelling alone. During our stay a lady's towels kept going missing and she ended up with just the one, she asked for another towel and was propositioned by the housekeeping man who thought she was there for one reason only! It turns our there are some older women who go abroad with the express intention of sleeping with housekeeping and giving them money which explains why this particular male had got the wrong idea! Still on the subject of the bathroom, the very first full day we were there, we reported that the cold water on the sink was not working, it was impossible to wash your face after the tap had been running for any length of time as the water got too hot, we were told someone would be out in 5 minutes but no one turned up for a whole week! And then he seemed under the impression we had NO HOT water! So they would have left us for a week with no hot water? After a week of making do we just couldn't be bothered with the mither and disruption and so didn't bother explaining again.

The balcony was incredibly tiny, you could literally touch all four sides at the same time, there was just enough room for two people to sit side by side with nothing in front or behind, we were on the first floor and all the first floor balconies were the same size, they were a little bigger on the ground floor.

We requested a double bed but ended up with two singles which is very strange because two young girls staying at the same time had a double bed! On the first night I asked the staff to put the beds together but this didn't happen. It was only through chance that I popped back to he room whilst housekeeping were there a few days into the holiday and was able to ask them to make up the beds as a double. We ended up with two single beds made separately but right next to each other and pushed against the wall instead! We moved the beds ourselves back into the middle. The next day the beds had been pushed together and made up into a double but it appears they had no double bedding and made do by laying multiple sheets across the mattress overlapping. One of the sheets was so thin and discoloured we could see the matress through it. A couple of the sheets had stains too which I wasn't very happy about. As well as the sheets there was bed covers but we had to have one each as we weren't given a double one until the last couple of days and it was fleecy and very dirty looking so we didn't use it. Reverting back to the two single bed covers, every night we used them as we had the air con on and every day (almost) housekeeping removed them and bundled them up in various places in the room!

The pool area was very nice and they seemed to clean the pool itself each morning, having said that, there were often random bits floating about in it which wasn't so nice. The pool man was very helpful and would set up an umbrella for you and move it about, they were too complicated and heavy to arrange youself. The pool closed at about 18.00 hours each evening which was a little early really because the sun was still shining and there were a number of people still out and enjoying the weather. The hotel loaned towels for the beds free of charge but they were taken away at 18.00 hours also meaning you either had to do without or leave the area, or of course use your own if you took one with you. Most of the towels were stained.

The hotel catered for a number of different nationalities and so the breakfast (we went bed and breakfast) was quite varied. We didn't eat the fruit or salad though due to the water, we were both quite poorly with our bellies whilst away and we were told that eating the fruit and what not washed in tap water could make this worse. The cups for the tea and coffee were chipped, cracked and very dirty looking, each morning I had to hunt through them to find the best of a bad bunch. There were various fresh fruit juices but they charged extra for them! Surely if breakfast is included then they shouldn't be trying to charge extra for certain things being served at breakfast. The hotel used tap water for ice so we stopped having ice in our drinks when we discovered this. The food at the pool bar was very very average, the bread used for sandwiches was very hard and seemed almost stale, it fell apart when touched. The food was quite pricey, especially considering the quality. The evening meals were about 12 euros each but we didn't sample this, assuming the quality would be the same as the pool bar (they seemed to use the same kitchen) we felt that 12 euros was extortionate.

The hotel itself was situated quite a way out. It was approximately 10 minutes in a taxi from Naama Bay and about 5 minutes to Old Sharm. We went to Naama Bay most nights for an evening meal because there wasn't much by the hotel, there was a free bus from the hotel that left at 20.30 hours and returned at 23.00 hours. It cost about 20 Egyptian Pounds each way in a taxi (about £2.50). There were only a few places to eat near the hotel, there was a bar called T2 that was nice enough but had a very basic pub menu, there was Cafe Picasso that had a larger menu but still mainly British pub food and it was quite expensive really (we worked out it was about £6.50 for a baked potato!) and they didn't serve alcohol, we had an english breakast there one day and they had twinings english breakfast tea which was lovely. We ate a few times at an Italian called Blu, the food was lovely and it was a lot cheaper than anywhere else we found but alcohol wise, they only served beer, and for some reason, not every day.

The rep at the hotel (for Thomas Cook) was quite new and didn't seem to know too much, she told us we shouldn't be paying more than 10 Egyptian Pounds for a taxi to and from Naama Bay but we couldn't get one for any less than 20. She bantered a lot with a couple of blokes about football and didn't provide us with very much useful information at all.

We went to Dahab in the Red Sea last year and it was lovely and very very cheap, Sharm in comparison just didn't match up. We were hassled by the locals constantly, there was always someone trying to rip you off and everything was very expensive, much more so than Dahab. A small glass of wine in most places worked out at about £6.00, a bottle of beer was about £3.

We were very disapointed with this hotel and had totally had enough by the end of the first week. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and would say it was more like a 2 star than a 4."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of March 2010

not very nice

Reviewed Fri 28th of August 2009

"when i arrived at this hotel the reception was very nice but we were dissapointed with the rooms as they are very basic. No english channels on the tv and air con was broken which is not good in that weather. for my whole two week stay my room cleaner mohammed asked for a tip everyday at the end of our stay and another cleaner tried to steal 2 items out of my brothers suitcase by wrapping them in a sheet and hiding them on top of the wardrobe however the pool staff are very very nice and friendly and cant do enough for you. when we were leaving on our last day the manager wanted us to pay for a disgusting barbeque meal from day 2 that no one ate because it was burnt to a crisp and this caused alot of trouble between our family of 15 as they said kids could eat free then changed their minds. i struggled in and out of the hotel everyday with a pram trying to open the doors while 3 or 4 members of staff just watched. if u are unlucky enough to have to stay in this hotel be sure to go up to the bar that Omar runs. this man made our holiday and is so wasted stuck in that bar everyone that met him loved him and we wanted to bring him home with us. he and the pool staff were the only good thing about the hotel. "

• Travel date: Thu 27th of August 2009

Great Experience!!

Reviewed Sun 8th of February 2009

"We've just got back from week at the sharm inn amarein, as we had never been to egypt before we didn't no what to expect. We were very impressed with the sharm inn the hotel is just gorgeous and the staff are very helpful and friendly, we would definatly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of going it's in an ideal location with regular buses from the hotel to take you round the resort day and night."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of February 2009

Best holiday!!

Reviewed Sat 11th of October 2008

"This hotel was very good, the staff are very friendly and the rooms very comfortable. We did b&b and the breakfast was very good and fresh food made to order too! We stayed at the hotel pool a few days and took the shuttle bus to the beach for the rest and both was good, with hotel towels for you to sun bathe on. The food at the pool bar was always excellent and we had ice in are drinks all the time and never had a problem with are tummies!! The holiday over all was excellent and i highly recommend the quad biking at sunset it was the best activity ive ever done!! Be careful though at the airport if you dont have transfers the taxi's take the **** big time, do not pay anymore than 100le(egpytian pounds) or £10 stg for the whole thing not per person. We are defently going back next year and will stay at the amarein for sure!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 9th of October 2008

i really liked the hotel, very nice.. th...

Reviewed Sun 27th of July 2008

"i really liked the hotel, very nice.. the rooms were ok it had air con, the beds were really comfortable (even though i didnt sleep a night), had t.v but unfortunately it had no english channels.. the pool was good deep, shallow, jacuzzi and a kiddies area.. the stuff at the bar was nice, i really liked the fresh mango with ice and the friut cocktail yummy!! there was other stuff aswell.. the breakfast was terrible i must admitt that.. the bar upstairs was good use to play billiards till 2.. the shisha lounge wasnt that bad lots of shisha flavours.. the staff were really freindly made lots of freinds the man at the reception (mohammed foud) was nice i gave him my england t-shirt he was gonna give me money but i declined nice fella.. overall id say a 7 or a 8 out of 10 "

• Travel date: Sun 27th of July 2008

The staff we're excellent and spoke very...

Reviewed Wed 16th of July 2008

"The staff we're excellent and spoke very good English. The hotel (considering the price) was very nice and the rooms we're a decent size with good air-con and a fridge (comes in handy for the water!) They don't like you brining in water & food from outside so you have to sneak it in which is comical! The pool is a decent size too and cleaned on a regular basis. I wouldn't bother with the hotel restuarant for beakfast though as it is rubbish. The fish restuarant is excellent though.

There is a lovely restuarant called Picasso's that is a 2 minute walk down the road and is English owned, and also T2 opposite that is a pub themed bar/restuarant. The main town is only a £2 taxi ride away, and Old-Sharm is only £1 in a taxi. There are taxis everywhere so you will never miss one. The location of the hotel is good as it is nice and quiet away from all the clubs etc at night.

As for the town itself, being hassled by the locals to buy from them is a bit of a pain but apart from that they are very friendly.

• Travel date: Wed 16th of July 2008

The hotel was fantastic, the staff could...

Reviewed Sun 18th of May 2008

"The hotel was fantastic, the staff could not do enough for you felt quite spoilt. We stayed on half board basis and to be honest when we go back we would only do bed and breakfast. The food is cooked very well but the variations leave a lot to be desired, of course it depends on the individuals taste. Down the road there is a cafe called picasso which is owned by an english couple so you have the option of 'proper food' if thats what you want.
Also next to the picasso and go karting is an excursion company the name excapes me but they are fantastic guides and a lot cheaper than the hotel excursions eg we paid £20.00 to go quad biking through the hotel and then booked to go with the company down the road and that cost £12.00 and a much better trip. All in all a fantastic holiday a week certainly not long enough.
Oh and take factor 30 no less.

• Travel date: Sun 18th of May 2008

What can i say, the hotel and staff were...

Reviewed Mon 7th of April 2008

"What can i say, the hotel and staff were BRILLIANT. It was a small,friendly,clean place.the security makes you feel safe.
Our room big enough, very clean and air con keeps it cool. We had a balcony over looking the pool, brilliant view! out the front door was another balcony over looking garden area another lovely view! Room was cleaned daily with clean bedding and towels, and the lovely cleaner left fresh flowers.
The pool area was great big space. The towel guy saved us four sunbeds in the same spot everyday! thanks! the pool was lovely only thing was it was freezing! most likely due to the time of year we went (sun came up at about 7 and went down 4.30pm)
The resturant was big and clean and the waiters were so helpfull and always on hand. There could of been more choice for food though but we found a great little resturant 2min walk down the road piccaso's, its english owned and great value for money aswell as very friendly! Also nama bay is great for eating out and shopping or just a nice night out.
the pool bar served nice food and drinks too. the staff there were also friendly.
The staff were so helpfull and friendly all trip, couldnt do enough. especially ayman, he became a friend before the end of the trip.
The little shop downstairs is nice for presents and sometimes cheaper than nama bay! Although it can be a pain when the man tries to drag you in and keeps you talking for ages! Overall this was the best holiday ive ever had and me my partner and our 2 friends we went with will definelty be going back!
The only bad point to the holiday was in nama bay when people try to get you into their shops, you will hear 'cheaper than primark' and 'asda price' which made us laugh! but we found a firm no thanks with a smile worked. Also the men can sometime be a little too friendly, the took a likeing to me and my friend, (although we were warned as were both blond with fair skin) one man offered my partner 1 million camels for me! that was abit scary! but if you can handle saying no sometimes IGNORE any bad comments you may hear and definely go! you wont regret it! I hope people enjoy it as much as we did."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of April 2008

Whist the whether and general surroundin...

Reviewed Thu 31st of January 2008

"Whist the whether and general surroundings were attractive, our hotel like most was next to a busy main road, with building work being tended to within hearing distance.
My husband and I used the associated dive centre 'SEAWIND' and were highly disappointed with the equipment and safety standards we encountered.
Not only was their organisation shabby but their general professionalism was worrying and at times unsafe.
I would not recommend or return to this centre for any services at all. It is a surprise to me that anyone would link themselves to such a service. We felt we had wasted valuable days diving with such a poor centre when we could have enjoyed our time with a more professional organisation. Shame on the Sharm Inn for their lack of care in associating themselves with such an terribal outlet.
The overall experience was a disappointment. I will never return to either outlet, I urge others to stay away.

• Travel date: Thu 31st of January 2008

Just back from our hols. It's such a pit...

Reviewed Mon 12th of March 2007

"Just back from our hols. It's such a pity to be back in Scotland! Missing everything about our holiday and can’t wait 2 go back next year!

Feb/March was great time to go. Weather was fantastic. Really hot, but just fine, not too much heat! Resort was busy but not overloaded with tourists.

Hotel staff were fantastic. Ayman in the restaurant was very friendly and always keen to hear what we going to be up to that particular day.

Also Nahmud our taxi driver. I loved our special little tour around the old market!

Hotel was exceptionally clean, and rooms were well presented. I especially loved the towel origami in our rooms every day!

Naama bay was great for eating out; anyone interested in your food being cooked in front of your very eyes must visit the oriental place next door to the Tam Tam on the water front. Best meal of the holiday!

Loads of fantastic trips to choose from. The desert quads were fun. Anyone thinking of taking part - purchase one of the head scarves - it stops you from swallowing dust!

Adventure safari was something else! Best part of the holiday was the scuba diving at Ras Mohammed the national park. So many beautiful things in a completely different world to that which we're used to.

Would definitely go back. Best holiday I've had."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of March 2007

Excellent Service

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Having booked the holiday, excellent place, couldnt ask for a nicer place, I had an issue with my cash card into the second week of the stay where i was unable to draw money out. I spoke to Tamir on the reception desk, words cannot describe how helpfull Tamir was, i spoke to the thomas cook representative who said they couldnt help, it was the hotel who sorted out this problem i had. I would recommend this hotel and Tamir to anyone wishing to stay in Sharm el Sheik. I have never had such good service anywhere in the UK as i have received here."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of January 2007

Hotels near Sharm Inn Amarein Hotel

Stayed at Sharm Inn Amarein Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sharm Inn Amarein Hotel

• Gemcookie by Gemcookie

"Ideal for a relaxing chilled out holiday!! "

• Gemcookie by Gemcookie

"Recommend a trip to see the pyramids!! "

• jennifermclacner by jennifermclacner

"This is a must-visit, hotel! Absolutely brilliant! "

Sharm Inn Amarein Hotel is also called