Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel

Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Really good holiday

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Had a really good holiday, hotel was nice, clean and staff were very willing to help. Food was good but bit repetitive and have had food poisoning for last two weeks since being back but did have a really good time while we were there. Beach was very disappointing, very tiny and you cannot venture onto the other beaches as they are all guarded. Quad biking across the desert is a must, but don't forget your sunglasses and the scuba diving is amazing."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007

BRILLIANT HOLIDAY!!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Before we went we had read a few reviews about Sharm Holiday which were very mixed and we were abit worried about going.. but as soon as we arrived we realised there was nothing to worry about at all! all the staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful (especially if you tip them!) the rooms were spotless and well cooled with sat tv and fridge..

the hotel A.I. service included 3 main meals, late breakfast and late lunch at the pool bar and drinks from 10am - 11pm.. food wasnt as bad as ppl have made out to be.. the only fault was that it was repeated on the second week.. but there are plenty of nice restaurants to eat out at in Naama Bay! (check out the hand book you recieve at the airport!)

all the staff are male but very friendly and helpful, couldnt fault the staff.. me and my girlfriend went for 2 weeks and didnt have a boring moment.. we went on an excursion every other day as they were so cheap!! recomend snorkling at Blue Hole in Dahab and quad biking through the desert!

i wont blab on.. so all in all Sharm Holiday in Naama bay is an excellent hotel and the holiday was faultless!!

highly recommended and a big thanks to all the staff at Sharm Holiday"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2007

Lovely hotel & staff

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"I stayed at Sharm Holiday Resort with 4 other girls (aged 19-26) for a week all inclusive (£350) in May and we loved it. We were a bit apprehensive after reading other review but I think that people just love to moan cos we couldn't really fault the hotel.

The staff who are all male were very friendly & helpful. I was worried about men cleaners etc but we didn't feel threatened at all & the staff were professional & not at all like the men who work in the shops in the rest of the resort!

The hotel was very clean & both pools are lovely.

I was very worried about the food & getting ill but the food was lovely & always served hot & fresh & I was never ill, but my friends did get runny tummys!

The location of the hotel is also good, a short walk or bus ride from the beach & shops, nice & quiet.

Our rooms were lovely & one of them even had 2 parts to it, it was very large & like our own apartment! We were based in the newer part of the hotel though which looked a lot nicer, we didn't see inside any of the older rooms.

The local alcohol isn't the nicest & the pool bar only uses plastic cups but so what it's free?! There was free water & fizzy drink always available.

I highly recommend it!"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of June 2007

Sharm Cliff!!!!!

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"I have just returned from Sharm on Sunday 27th May 2007, when i booked the holiday i booked to stay in Sharm Cliff Holiday resort, but when my friend and i arrived we got put in Sharm holiday as this is the sister hotel to sharm cliff. The food was awful, snacks was not all inclusive you had to pay for them. If you wanted to stay in Sharm cliff it was only half board but we had paid to stay all inclusive. Sharm holiday was clean and people very friendly but it was a let down that the food was awful, we ate out alot as it was so cheap. Namma Bay was lovely, next time i go to sharm el sheik i would stay b&b as there is lots of choices of lovely restaurants and bars to eat out. If any one books to stay in Sharm cliff make sure you dont end up staying at sharm holiday as this was a big let down to our holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Brilliant Holiday

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Myself and my partner went to Sharm for our final holiday before our baby is born, and it was brilliant. The staff couldn't do more to help and were very friendly. The resort was clean and tidy, and our room was always cleaned to the highest standard.

We always felt very safe in the hotel and the facilties were great. There was childrens enterainment, leisure facilties, 2 gorgeous pools and and the hotel offered all the mod cons.

In our opinion, the hotel was catering for at least 5 different nationalities (British, Italian, Egyptian, German, Greek....) and tried damn hard to make sure there was something for everyone.

What we discussed frequently was the fact that us British like to moan about the smallest thing, and as with any hotel that caters for for 2000+ people, if you do wait unitl the last minute the food will be a little cooler than when first served, but this is not their fault.

We also found that the British who stayed @ our hotel moaned the food gave them bad stomachs...word of advise...if you do sit out in the sun all day, get burned to a lobster and drink beer on tap you are going to get dehydrated, and its always easier the blame it on the food and neglect the fact you have given your self sun stroke ! THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE FOOD ! If at 4 months pregnant I can be fine......

Aquarius diving club situated @ the Sheraton Hotel comes to the Sharm hotel, and I advise to do at least the snorkelling trip to Ras Mohammed and the diving course as well, it was brilliant, words and pictures couldn't describe how good it was.

To rap up our essay, it was brilliant, no bad words to say about it, apart from the fact there were too many moaning brits in the hotel !!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of May 2007

Excellent Value for Money

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"After reading the reviews on this hotel before going we were very apprehensive about going to this resort. HOWEVER, I must say that we had a wonderful time here.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the waiters in the restaurant and bar areas. There was activities in the evening for kids and then a show every night at 9.30, this was varied but could have been a little more exciting but on the whole it was fun and enjoyable. The entertainment staff were fab, they had to cater for many nationalities mainly russians, italians, germans and the brits and spoke all these languages.

The standard of the rooms are of a good and clean, the beds were changed and made everyday, with nice WHITE crisp cotton sheets, the towels in the bathroom were changed daily, you just left them on the floor and they were replaced again with WHITE ones. Please note no baths, only showers in the rooms.

The Air conditioning was a god send particularly when tempertures were at 35c at nights. There is a fridge in each room which again was great for storing bottled water. We had a lovely pool view from the balcony which was nice to sit out on in the early hours of the mornings. The laundry service was excellent and very inexpensive, and room service was also very good.

The hotel had two pools a large one and a smaller one, we stuck to the smaller pool as it was nearer to our room and heated, the temperature was 29c in the water and very very plesasant.

I was surprised at the excellent standard of the food being catered for so many nationalities, i consider myself choosey with food, but i and the other members of my party did not find that there was limited choice of food on offer, there was many selections available (Fish, Lamb, chicken, beef, salads, pasta, and many more) The deserts were very varied and of a high standard. The first couple of days were would be having 3 - 4 deserts as they were so tempting. There was only one occasion that the food was warm and not hot, we never had a cold meal there.

The only thing that i would advise is not to have the soft drinks from the soda dispensers as this is fed from there own water supply and in my opinion caused some guests to have a upset stomach, but if you ask at any bar you can have diet coke from the bottle (Free of charge.)

Naama bay is very close there is a shuttle bus (to the beach also) but we walked as it was so near and pleasant to walk and meet the locals, beware of the locals asking you to sign there guest books in there shops as this is a ploy for them to sell you something, this can get tiring after a while but if you just say no thanks and keep walking this is not a problem.

The rep for YouTravel was again was excellent, one of the few times i have holidayed and seen the rep after the welcome day, he actually was in the restaurant most days eating his lunch, says a lot about the standard of the food !!

So to sumarise, i for one have travelled for many years to many varied locations, it is my second time in Egypt, i would not hesitate to return to the Sharm Holiday Resort again as i found it offered excellent value for money, HOWEVER if you are expecting the RITZ you have to pay RITZ prices for your holiday.

Well done to the Sharm Holiday Resort keep up the good work, we will definatley return, soon!

John, Paul & Pat"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of May 2007

Great value

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"i was at sharm holiday resort from d 17 april for 7 nights. i got their in the evening and got my room straight away. i travelled with my husband and my 4 yr old daughter, she loved it. nice hotel with nice rooms and nice food. which i did get a tummy upset but your bound to get it if you travel to a hot place. The people at the hotel are very friendly and helpfull./ i would definately visit the place again. the hotel is few minute walk to central naama bay and a few minute walk to the beach.i really enjoyed my stay and would like to vsit it again."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of May 2007

the truth about this holiday

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"we just got back from sharm hotel we paid £300 each ai the hotel yes a 3 star but clean ,except for the jaccuzzi my dog would turn his nose up.the food i must say i did enjoy very much and lots of choice i did get the belly treatment but i think it was from the thai restraunt in namma bay if you like thai food dont bother its more like poor chinese food bland ,the staff are brilliant lovely pepole the beer is great the spiritsi dont think a tramp would drink them (wow) we took ice bags with us and filled them with bottle water and bought 2 bottles of duty free jack daniels and used there coke gret idea even for me .the quad trip is a must its where the desert turns in to the m25 never seen so many quads great trip a must .you dont need a visa £15 to stay in sharm only for cairo and ras mohamed by bus or car we went to ras mohamed buy boat you dont need a visa theres a holiday saveing for you straight away, the boat trip and snorkling was great day out my partner cant swim and never been in the sea the guys on board took her out with a life jacket and ring and really took care of her well done guys so for £300 ai i thought it was well worth it you would pay that for a weekend in centre parks and its dam hot every day :)"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of May 2007

Sharm Holiday Resort

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Me and my wife went to sharm holiday resort in 18/3/07 for 2 weeks and we stayed All Inclusive, Our rooms were in block 9 these rooms we good sized and kept clean by the male cleaners, we had a pool view room (bottom pool) my first impressions of the hotel was it looked very nice and i was not dissapointed, this hotel was not 4* as stated but i would say a good 3*hotel. The staff are very friendly and help full but some times they don't know what you say so this was a bit trying at times but like i said they are friendly to all guests, When we were here there was a mixture of nationaity's form dutch, italians, russians, germans, english, etc. so from all over this was reflected in the food so a good choice there was always somthing for everyone, me and my wife are fussy eaters but enjoyed most of the food put out in the buffet style resaraunt. I even got the tummy bug as did other people but i could not say were i got it form as when i was better about 24 hours latter i ate and drank the same things for the rest of my holiday so i think it was hit or miss if you got it as my wife did not, it did not let it spoil my holiday. It cost me £19 for tablets, when i told rep he said i should of asked him.
Namma Bay is a 10 minute walk if you want to ride the free shuttle bus takes you down to the beach to alovely promanade and is about 1 mile long. You will be hassled by egyptians wanting for you to come in there shops, but if you do want to buy make sure to haggle as an item i bought they wanted 18 egyptian pounds but paid only 5 egyptian pounds so it pay's to haggle with them. Over all we enjoyed our stay at this hotel would give it 8/10 marks."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of April 2007

Honest and frank review

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"I stayed here with 2 other friends in March 21st - 28th and loved it, we are 25 years old and like to have a laugh and go out to the bars but also stay in the hotel and get to know people and use the facilities. The hotel in all fairness was not 4* but it was nice and everyone who worked there was very friendly and helpful, the hotel was always clean but in certain areas it did need touching up. The room was a good size even though we had to had to have another bed inserted, we do know that other people’s room were not as big and some of their balconies were tiny, we on the other hand had one the size of a football pitch – shared with others but big enough to have your own space! The food, obviously one of the big complaints – it was ok, the temperature was not that warm and in all fairness you would have sent it back if you were in a restaurant but there is always something being cooked fresh that you have a short wait (2 mins). but I stuck to carbohydrates and I was fine – always a variety of pasta and potato dishes. I’m baffled that someone said there was nothing to do in the hotel in the day – is a table tennis, volleyball, football, French bowls and water polo tournaments not enough for them or where they too tired after the yoga, dancing, water aerobics in the morning?!!? The entertainment team worked very hard and could all speak perfect English (not to mention Italian, Russian and some Danish!) Evening entertainment was also excellent and very entertaining and varied. The drink was a ok, beer was good but the spirits were a little like paint stripper after 5 days but I have stayed in 5* all inclusive places and it is the same – locally produced spirits are never going to scream of quality! You could also get served from any bar so do not worry about that and they were quick serving too so you never went thirsty but the self service beer pump helps. The nightlife was excellent – 5 min walk down the road – you will get pestered by people by this again happens anywhere – a polite no thank you always worked for us – we never went in one shop! The nightlife has something for all ages, nice restaurants, quiet bars, smoking bars and your clubs, and a lot of bank if you need to take out money. In summary I loved this holiday and met some great people and mixed with all nationalities in the hotel, no one was rude and the entertainment was great (unfortunately most of the team has left now for Greece but I’m sure the new crop will be good under the watchful eye of tudsie!) The food was edible but it is cheap to eat out – we only did once and the drink is fine! I paid £370 for a week AI and it was good value – its like everything in life you get what you pay for; cheap is good but good isn’t always cheap – in this case though I think it was very good!"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of April 2007

sharm hotel

Reviewed Thu 28th of August 2014

"Nice very relaxed hotel good nightlife friendly helpful staff who all speak good English excellent restaurants from all continents so cater for every taste beach and views beautiful met people from all over the world lots of Russians and Germans who were very friendly especially a German guy from Munich who was called Helmut I would love to speak with him again I didn't get chance to exchange contact details and hope he goes back to hotel again we spoke on the beach and always said hello so hope he puts a review on too."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of August 2014

One of the best in Naama Bay

Reviewed Tue 10th of June 2014

"Having read some of the BAD reports I am sure these people stopped in a different hotel, my wife and I have been going to THE SHARM HOLIDAY RESORT HOTEL twice a year for the last 5-6 years. This is not the most Palatial hotel in Egypt but compared to some of the equivalent hotels we have stopped in, it is a palace. You get what you pay for and you have to make allowances that you are in Egypt and not in the UK. . If this hotel were in England it would be about a 3 *** rating The food is not Gourmet but it is well presented and edible and a good choice of hot and cold, the staff are very helpful and friendly the room boys look after you with clean fresh towels every day and clean your room every day and make the beds. The hotel is at the moment slowly improving its facilities like having new sun lounger mattresses and refurbishing the stonework and tiles a. The rooms are all being upgraded with new furniture and flat screen TV's. The 2 swimming pools are spotless. They have one of the best guest relation teams we have ever come across Safi and Alexander if you have any concerns at all they will sort out your problem. To give you a comparison one of the hotels we stopped in called The Royal Plaza Hotel in Naama Bay 5***** and we got fish heads for dinner one night and if they ran out of food or drink then you went without.
This hotel is situated about 10 minutes walk from the center of Naama Bay which means you do not get all the noise at night but you can walk in without the need for taxi fares. If you go into town make sure you have your haggling head on as the traders tend to get in your face, just say La La which means NO !!!. One other point to remember, Sharm El Sheikh does not accept travelers checks, we always take English currency and change it in one of the money exchange shops that will give you a far better exchange rates than you would get in the UK. If you want a reasonably priced holiday and good value for money in Naama Bay then this is the hotel to stay

• Travel date: Sun 8th of June 2014

Hotels near Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel

Stayed at Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel

• Nataliexx by Nataliexx

"floka, tavern pub and aqua park in hadaba "

• macca_owl4lyf by macca_owl4lyf

"in naama bay tavern bar "

• carol65 by carol65

"have to try the snorkling! "

• "it was very hot, be carefull on your first couple of days in the sun "

• "the thai restaurant was good, "

• dannisharmm by dannisharmm

"ignore the bad reviews the hotel is fab and moany people expect to much!!! "

• millerlass by millerlass

"Sharm is very spread out , but Sharm Holiday Resort is a 5 minute walk from Naama Bay, so no taxis n "

• mikey by mikey

"make sure rooms ok before moving in "

• Linzi by Linzi

"Fantastic friendly place would recommend "

• Millstone by Millstone

"Drink plenty of water and do not lay in the sun too long "

• delores by delores

"book restaurants day before at busy times to assure table otherwise you have to eat at buffet bar which is ok but not as nice. "

Sharm Holiday Resort Hotel is also called