Sharm Grand Plaza

El Salam Rd, 8 Km from Sharm Airport P.O.Box 340 Sharm El-Sheikh, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

dont understand the moans

Reviewed Mon 29th of June 2015

"Hi came back 18th may stayed in room 1134 Tiran block looked over beach and pool all I can say and there is loads is brilliant staff good food every day better if you upgrade when you arrive £30 each beach great sea beautiful fish galore shop around for boat trips Soho square he will even get special food cooked for you if your fussy Tip him at the end it costs him £20 to get home once every 3 months its a 9 hour journey Tony Kaz "

• Travel date: Sat 27th of June 2015

1st time to Egypt

Reviewed Sun 10th of February 2013

"Spacious clean rooms. Resort well maintained. Staff work very hard & are friendly.
Food mostly ok, some not to our taste & some very nice indeed. I loved the pasta station at lunch.
Beach is very gritty, aqua shoes recommended, snorkeling is a must.

Overall a very good choice, & no neither of us was ill nor anyone we spoke to whist we were there (we had ice in our drinks too)"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of February 2013

would never go back again

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"The food ...IS BAD!!! If you want to be ill (in the loo) for half your holiday...go for it. The layout of the grounds is good, our waiter Samaire at the Riviera Restaurant, worked very hard and was very friendly, but a lot of the staff don't seem to like us very much. The place is not very clean, tables in the bars and restaurants are never wiped down, and our hotel room had soiled blankets on the beds, the bathroom was dirty, the water in the tap came out yellow, and our floor never washed. I'm not normally so negative, but your hard earned money should be spent elsewhere. A message to resort owners SPEND A LOT OF MONEY IMPROVING AND UPDATING THE PLACE ... or holiday makers will not recommend you or go back."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of October 2012

GRAND SHARM PLAZA LIVES UPTO ITS NAME

Reviewed Wed 11th of April 2012

"Literally just returned from a 10 night stay here. This is a very large complex situated in Sharm El Sheikh within walking distance of local amenities i.e. banks, shops, markets, bars and nightclubs to name but a few. The hotel itself is set within beautifully landscaped and well maintained gardens - it boasts five pools dotted around the complex ranging from paddling pool to large. Most have bars and serve snacks from 10 - 1 and 3- 5 with locally produced alcohol - all free if you are here on an all inclusive break which we were. The bar staff are really friendly special mention has to go to Osama, Mahmood and Rico who kept us supplied with both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks throughout our stay - always friendly, smiling nothing was too much for them!! Towels are provided free of charge and there is a booth from which to collect and return on a daily basis - Ahmed ensured we had fresh towels and a sunbed was located for us on a daily basis. There is an animation team providing various events from water polo to darts every day again all were friendly and exceptional with everyone from adults to babies - all speak very good english, russian, polish, italian and always keen to help - special mention to Dominic, Nikki, George and Tola. The grounds/swimming pool/garden areas are very clean - the staff pride themselves on keeping everywhere clean and tidy and work exceptionally hard everyday in temperatures that reached 38c! The front of the hotel has gated access/exit and has 24 hour security - Hotel rooms are large, clean and tidy - we had a cleaner on a daily basis, providing us with clean sheets/towels and bottled water - ours was a garden/pool view with a balcony and air conditioning - fridge and t.v. - room service was also available. The hotel staff every single one of them are always happy/keen to help. Not many bugs as contolled so no nasty nips!!! Hotel offers trips through guides from travel agents they will meet you normally the day after you arrive - talk you through what they have to offer and the prices... there are also outside agents offering similar activities that go around the hotel complex on a daily basis - our tip - barter... best trips were quad/buggy trip to the Sinai Dessert which we did twice... camel ride.. full day trip on a boat which started by being picked up from hotel at just before 8 am - taken to Sharks Bay - full day excursion to take in Tiran Island - 3 stops for snorkelling/diving, all inclusive food and drink - fantastic day sea off Tiran is awesom, warm turquoise/deep blue - plenty of fish to sea and out at sea were accompanied by dolphins!!! Well supervised with professional divers name of the boat "SHARMS"... booked through med4u hotels. Main restaurant - again all inclusive - had a theme every night normally different nation was represented - i.e. italian/chinese/british/russian all freshly cooked - salads/pastas/rice dishes - fresh fruit - cheeses = clean - and friendly staff again. WOW really have run out of things to say exceptional hotel, exception location/exception AND friendly staff - FAMILY FRIENDLY... RECOMMEND WILL BE RETURNING IN OCTOBER THANK YOU SO MUCH OSAMA/RICO/MOHAMMED/DOMINIC To name but a few!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of April 2012

Had a great time

Reviewed Fri 23rd of December 2011

"We have have just returned from 3 weeks at this hotel. Paying £1,300 for 3 weeks u can't ask for a better deal. Hotel is beautiful and very clean. The staff just cant do enough for u, and has one of the best diving sites in the world. The only thing bad I could say is the food got a bit boring. It gets rotated every week, but is well presented and cook properly. We will be definitely be going back. "

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of December 2011

Great value holiday

Reviewed Tue 11th of October 2011

"The hotel was beautiful, well maintained grounds, direct access to the beach and the staff could not do enough for you. Overall at £750 for two weeks all inclusive what more can you expect. For two days I was a little fragile with what ever it was, maybe dodgy food, maybe change in climate (43 degrees ), whatever? We were more than happy with the food choices available to us and the restaurant service was first class. I have to mention Tarik and Shahenda who gave us wonderful service at meal times. I think me and my family had a great value holiday and the Egyptian people were lovely, obviously tip driven but get real they were great! The only thing that I would say is that there is a lot of Russian visitors. There is bad and good in all races but I have never in my life experienced such animal behaviour. Drinking vodka from 7am until they throw up at 10am. Physically abusing people, my 20 year old daughter was punched in the face by a 30 something Russian guy who walked up to her only to take
her drink off her. Don't want to put you off, just keep away from these morons. The whole of Sharm offers so much to do such as quad biking in the desert visiting the Bedwin people , star gazing and Narma bay shopping not to mention the scooba diving. You have to see this even if you can't swim the sights under water are breath taking and the local people provide life jackets for non swimmers to experience this.
All in all the best holiday we have had. A shame I have to recommend you pick a hotel where the Russians aren't there. As much as they spoilt things the Egyptians made up for it.
Hope this honest reort is helpfull. "

• Travel date: Fri 7th of October 2011

Brilliant Hotel and friendly staff

Reviewed Tue 6th of September 2011

"I just returned from 1 week holiday at Sharm Grand Plaza.I went there with my friend.I am from Latvia ,but my friend from Hungaria.
Hotel is brilliant and staff very friendly.I would like tell thanks to Adel Mostafa front office manager,receptionist Ahmed,waiter Karim and barmen Sayed.They were very friendly and nice.They always looking after us.
Hotel have 5 swimming pools and beach is 1 minute walk from hotel.
They have very nice restaurants and food always is good and different.
Please dont listen negatives comments ,because Hotel is great,just sometimes some people dont know what they want.
We will deffinely come back to this Hotel next year,but this time not for one week,but for 2 weeks.

Sky,
originally from Latvia,but live now in Scotland"

• Travel date: Thu 1st of September 2011

Stay at the Sharm Grand Plaza

Reviewed Wed 29th of June 2011

"My wife and I have just returned from this hotel.We had a wonderful time there. The whole complex was spotless and our room was palacial.The food was well presented and the menu extensive. Food wise all tastes are catered for. The outside areas, pools etc. are maintained to a high standard. The staff were helpfull, pleasent and polite. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they made us feel as if we were the only guests in the hotel.Look out for ADEL and MAHMOUD in the Riveria resturant. They are the tops. Look out for HOSSAM in the Luna Bar. He makes you feel very special. The first staff members we met were AMIR and SAYED in Reception.What a good impression and service they give to you. We also would like to mention the cleaner who looked after us in room 2105. I have lost his name but he was brilliant. He even put flowers in our bedroom. Overall a brilliant holiday. WELL DONE the Sharm Grand Plaza."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of June 2011

Bad Experience.

Reviewed Tue 19th of April 2011

"My partner and I spent an unfortunate 7 days at this hotel. Although the hotel itself is beautiful, the food, staff and service are all appalling.

The food was terrible. Nothing was fresh, hardly any fresh fruit for breakfast. The only good thing about the food was the Italian chef serving fresh pasta and pizza at lunch. The food at lunch was exactly the same every day. The service was terrible, unhelpful and rude.

I would never go back to this place and I would never wish anyone the misfortune of having to spend a holiday here. "

• Travel date: Tue 19th of April 2011

great holiday resort

Reviewed Thu 10th of February 2011

"If you are looking for a well deserved rest with excellent sevice with very clean rooms well manicured gardens good bars and restuarants where the food is good not fancy but there is always something tasty on the menu you will like.Appretly they are in process of opening more eating places with Chinese, French themes. The pools are lovly but cold this time of year(jan/feb) Sea temp was quite warm fish wonderful.Only thing I found I did't like was the Russians being so ignorant the brits were treated with great respect by the staff who are always happy ,cheerful and always eager to help. I would return there for a nice quite break."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of February 2011

Wonderful friendly hotel

Reviewed Mon 29th of November 2010

"Just come back from Sharm Grand Plaza with my husband. We had a wonderful holiday, the whole resort is spotless and beautifully maintained.

We got lost in the dark in the grounds the night we arrived but eventually found our way back to our room! It's a bit complicated when you first get there but you soon get used to the layout.

The staff are friendly, have a lovely sense of humour and just can't do enough to please you.

Our room was spacious and comfortable, kept beautifully clean by Ahmed who always had a smile and cheery word for us.

The food is good with plenty to choose from every day.

Only down side is the entertainment, but they do try, bless 'em!

I would certainly go back again"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of November 2010

What a great holiday

Reviewed Mon 25th of October 2010

"We have just returned from our 2 week holiday at the Grand Plaza Resort - what a fantastic resort. Ashraf the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager and Adel and Reaf waiters, gave such great customer service it made me want to book again for next year as soon as I got back. The resort is very beautiful set on the beach with 5 pools one of which is a quiet pool, which we spent 2 weeks around. The food is the best we have ever had in Egypt, lots of choice with specialilty nights every night. "

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of October 2010

Hotels near Sharm Grand Plaza

Stayed at Sharm Grand Plaza? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sharm Grand Plaza

• Kriston by Kriston

"We are already looking to return later in the year! "

• barbaralauren by barbaralauren

"bellydancing and onions restaurant, nama bay, gettin nails done in salon in the hotel "

• Mitch. by Mitch.

"You seen one shop you have seen them all. "

• Mitch. by Mitch.

"Eating out in very good "

• eleb by eleb

"glass bottom boat/camel ride "

• realistic by realistic

"An arabian Costa del Sol 20 years ago. Don't go for the culture! "

• realistic by realistic

"Don't miss snorkelling in the Red Sea - off the hotel pier was great "

• teenaj1 by teenaj1

"Nice for relaxing if you don't do diving. Entertainement could be better for British visitors. "

• kangel by kangel

"Always ask for high quality service hotel of famous brands!!!!!Local staff is poorly trained "

• martys_baby by martys_baby

"Don't Wasre Your Money "

• polaheather by polaheather

"be careful with food and water "

• Michelle by Michelle

"Book now - its a great resort "

• young at heart middle aged travellers by young at heart middle aged travellers

"Lovely friendly place, well recommended "

• golfnuts by golfnuts

"wort a visit great for family although I went with my wife and we both really enjoyede our break "

• Gladys and Ian by Gladys and Ian

"Be carefull of the sun. "

• Super simon by Super simon

"The entertainment could be a bit better! "

• Alison R by Alison R

"Take a walk around the whole complex and down the private jetty and take in the view from the sea "

• Emmagrace2100 by Emmagrace2100

"Take aqua shoes & be friendly to the staff & they will go the extra mile for you "

• tonyandkaz by tonyandkaz

"tip at the end and talk if there is a problem "

Sharm Grand Plaza is also called