Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort

Naama Bay P.O.Box 27, Sharm El Sheikh 46619 Egypt

beach side and pay £50 more

"Beach side and get a view of another building for £50 extra, well I can do that in London thanks.
Travel Agency did not declare that beach side meant building side, look out the window and look at another building great; I can do that from my own flat.

Room was in need of lot of repair compared to other four or five star hotels. There was rotten wood around bathroom skirting boards, grouting out between the floor tiles. Couch badly stained. San fly’s in the bathroom around skirting boards.
A lunatic man was shouting in the early hours of the morning.
Possible staff member pretending to be room service and was knocking on the door at 2am dressed in uniform, the pest woke me up. The mountainside had much better pools.
Would not never stay in Marriott again as they do not seem to respond to their own evaluation sheet about the guest stay not sure why odd really, this is the second time I have filled out an evaluation sheet, the first time be in Hurgarda Marriott.

However the reception staff was very helpful at the Marriott.

In addition, to top it off I used my visa to call the UK a landline, be wary a 10-minute phone call cost £50 and so three phone calls later cost £150. This was not the Marriott itself though they are letting a Phone Call provider called International Calling Services supply phone line access for International calls.

They are called................... International Calling Services 511 E San Ysidro Blvd,#1770 San Ysidro, CA92173 customer servie centre ring (619) 428 7913, ..................................I rang the number recently and they told me to give the credit card number I used for the phone calls, the card was shredded not long after the incident. I have a fax from the bank that showed their own reference number, they tell me they cannot use their own reference number to do search on the computer database for the phone calls, they can only use the visa card number and then they have that they could not find anything on the computer. I said I want to speak to a manager though I cannot unless I give the visa number, of which I did as it was on the letters from the bank, the number did not come up with anything, don't know why it is still a transaction they had, it should be in their database. I received a fax which showed the 3 phone calls charged at £50 for 10 minute phone call. I noticed 2 of the calls listed had exactly the same referenc number.
I cannot believe Marriott and HSBC want to be associated with these types of companies, when you type the name into Google the phone company it comes up with similar experiences. With many different operational names, phone numbers, and fax numbers. It appears they are owned by a larger company though it is really hard to be sure. Though it looks as if the larger company contracts to all the big chain hotels.

International Calling Services 511 E San Ysidro Blvd,#1770 San Ysidro, CA92173 customer service centre ring (619) 428 7913...............

This cost me £150 and should have cost most likely a maximum of £10.
I tried to ring these people back, did not get an answer; they must have disconnected this number though on the Internet there are several numbers that come up."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of May 2007

A Little Tired

"We generally enjoyed our experience at this hotel but I would like to comment on the overall condition of the rooms etc. I have travelled to many countries around the world and I must say that Egypt has the lowest quality 5 Star hotels. The rate was pretty good but to be fair I would have been happy to pay a little more for a cleaner / newer hotel. The biggest problem is the workmanship in Egypt. The rooms are shabby and quite old. It's a shame because the staff are very helpful and the location of the hotel within Naama Bay is fantastic. Everything was within walking distance and it is very well located on the beach front. if I return I will probably book at the Ritz Carlton. It will cost $20 USD extra per night but is a much newer and cleaner hotel I am told????"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of May 2007

trip to sharm el sheikh

"last summer i was very upset and i dicided to make a journey to a magneficent place so i make aplane to visit sharm el sheikh i met my best friend in (5 * hotel marriott hotel see view hotel ) it was fantastic as we have a see view room we stayed there 6 nights . first day in the morning we dicide to sea the deep of the see so considerd to make atrip on aquascope submarine to enjoy almost 3 hours with the magneficent deep deep blue sea with the magneficent different kinds of fish we realy love it after we retairned back we was very hungrey so we dicided to take our lunch at class (A sea food resturant ) called estacoza it was very very delisious you can sea the fish alive before cooking . in the night we dicided to join a bedwin party with oriental dance and we still dancing until the morning and we retarned back to the hotel we was so tired but so happy . next day we went to a safary trip in the desert we enjoy the marvelious atmosfere we stayed there 2nights it was fantastic . after that we retarned to the hotel and at night we enjoy the disco tick party wich was held in the hotel . the next day we dicided to make something deferent as we went to a diving center and arrange to make adive so it organise to us avery wonder foul dive with a guide .at night we we stayed in the hotel as we was so tired . next day we went to tyran valley with boat and we enjpy the fantastic sea trip and the fantastic sea food on board then we retairned back to the hotel to arrange our laguege to retairn back home the next morning . we retairned back home we dicided to make it again as we was very very happy ."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of April 2007

Fine Hotel in a Good Location

"We have just returned from 7 days in the Marriott Beach. The standard is as you would expect from a Marriott anywhere else in the world, with the service perhaps being a little better than you would expect in Europe or North America. I had a problem with an excursion booked with Sun'n'fun, Marriott's recommended agent and I raised it with reception and withing 5 minutes I had the duty manager and assistant manager both listening to my problem and then personally resolving it!

The only minor complaints were that our bathroom looked like it could do with refurbishing. We noticed other rooms were being upgraded. Also the choice of English language TV channels is limited to CNN and a cartoon channel, but since we don't watch much TV on holiday this was not a problem for us.

We went half board and although we didn't eat in the hotel everynight, when we did the food was of a far better standard than we would normally expect from a hotel buffet, even one of Marriott's standard.

The pool is clean and welcoming and also quiet when we were there. The beach is likewise kept clean with plenty of sunbeds. A good range of watersports is available from the beach at a charge. Charges for watersports were low. £15 for an hour on a laser dinghy for instance.

The highlight from the beach is the snorkelling, especially if you snorkel in the direction of the Sofitel and Hyatt (left if you are facing the sea). The sealife has to be seen to be believed, its like snorkelling in an aquarium!

In all I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and would return happily. Not 5 star, but a good European/North American 4 star."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of April 2007

excellent hotel

"Fantastic hotel we were there for 5 nights very clean nice pool excellent breakfast and the staff is very nice would go back tomorrow ."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of April 2007

exellent location would recomend

Good

"my husband and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the marriott mountain side, the hotel was spotless and the majority of staff were very helpful and friendly although not all could speak english, the security was outstanding in fact we left early one morning to go on a tour and on our return our room had been blocked and we were unable to enter with our key as the room boy had noticed that morning that i had left the safe deposit box open and he had informed security and we were only allowed to re enter when we checked the contents were all there in the presence of the guard i was impressed that everything was intact. the hotel is an ideal location for all the amenities and only a 15 min leasurly strole into namma bay the only thing that i found fault with was you allways get hassled to enter shops and can easily get 'ripped off' if you are new to the bartering techniqhes be aware and always go for at least 50% of there asking price but what a good experience, we visited cairo worth seeing the pyramids, had an exellent overnight stay in petra to the lost kingdom followed by a float in the red sea the following day well worth the money, also st catherines monostary is beautiful worth leaving the beach for a day,we have stayed in lots of hotels and we have no complaints about the marriot in egypt well recommended."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of April 2007

Adorable Place, fine hotel

Good

"We visited Marriot Beach in Sharm for our honey moon. We stayed there for 8 days. The hotel was lovely with high quality service nice staff. Clean rooms that are taken care of twice a day The food was tasty, the breakfast bouffet had wide variety of food although the set was redundunt. The pool is fascinating with a nice pool bar neasrby also the beach is tidy, clean with an excellant, quick service at the beach bar. The gym is small without lots of varieties in machines and needs pre booking in it.

The rooms are good with nice balconies tidy furniture varied mini bar (although very expensive than the outside Nestle water 24EGP in the hotel 3 EGP outside), quality room service although they strat really early

Sharm is really nice, also Marriot Beach too I would really go there again but don't ask the information manager to verify your flight time, do it yourself"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of April 2007

A Good Hotel

Good

"We stayed here for 8 days and had a very good holiday. The staff are very friendly and helpful, so much so that initially I was a bit cynical about what they were after. However I was won round by them, especially our cleaner Ayman who did great towel sculptures and gave my wife a bunch of flowers from a room where the previous occupants had just checked out.

Breakfast was good, although the omelette chef lost the plot a few times and we ended up with an olive rather than a mushroom omelette. The pool at the beachside is cold and we never saw anybody in it.

The hotel run a bedouin evening twice a week. We went and due to the lack of people ended up being dragged up to do belly dancing while our food went cold. But the idea was good. The sushi evening once a week is recommended - eat all you can for about £16. The staff were really nice and dressed my daughter up in a Japanese outfit.

Overall the hotel is very good value and the staff are their biggest asset.

Be aware that the airport is a nightmare on Thursday afternoon. Queues start outside the building and continue until you get to the boarding gate. It is the worst airport I have come across and I have been to a few!"

• Travel date: Sun 18th of March 2007

Fantastic Hotel

"We have just got back from a fantastic holiday in Sharm.We felt we should give a review on the Marriot Mountain View. The hotel was brilliant. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you they definately helped to make our holiday.
The rooms were very spacious and had everything you could possibly require when on holiday with loads of cupboard space etc The staff kept all areas of the hotel spotless and the rooms were cleaned thoroughly every day with clean towels toiletries etc . The hotel pool was heated and the area around the pool was really nice they supplied you with towels at the pool or down at the beach so you dont have to take your own.The private section of the beach belonging to this hotel is in the best part of the beach there are sun beds with mattresses and umbrellas which you do not have to pay for a big saving on you holiday spending money.The buffett breakfast was also very good with every thing from cereal to omlettes cheese cold meat etc.We had a really good breakfast every day and the restaurant staff were all very friendly and helpfull.We will definately be going back to Sharm next year and would not think of going anywhere else other than the Marriot Mountain View which is the sister hotel to the Marriot Beach Resort you can use all the facilities in either of the hotels which was also an added bonus.I would rate this Hotel 10/10"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of March 2007

We'll be back!

"This was our first time in Sharm-el-Sheikh and the Marriot Mountain is a superb holiday hotel! One thing that really impressed us was the warmth and friendliness of the staff here. As our holiday went on, we found all of the Egyptians that we met in Sharm-el-Sheikh were like this. The Marriott was spotlessly clean, very comfortable and the food at the Mountain and the Beach hotels was excellent! We are looking forward to returning here!"

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of March 2007

Weeks stay at the Marriott red sea resort

"This was our 3rd visit to the Marriott Hotel. on Bed and Breakfast.The staff were polite and courtious,our room was spotless overlooking the beach, as we had requested. We ate at the three Restrauants in the Hotel, the meals were delicious. Yes we would return again.
We had previously spent a week cruising the Nile,on the Dominica Prestige, our Holiday was arranged with Orbital Travel,which was very well organised,from the time we left Heathrow all through the trip. their guides were there to assist with every check in with the internal flights, and our check in at the Marriott Hotel Sharm.
MT & JFA Marlow Buckinghamshire"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of February 2013

June stay in Sharm

"Having visited Sharm for the 8th time we were looking for a hotel near to the town. This hotel ticked all the boxes, both for service, quality of hotel and food. Can well recommend the bakery across the road at the Mountain side of the hotel. All in all one of the best hotels we have stayed at in Sharm. Well done Marriott: keep up the high standards."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of June 2009

Hotels near Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort

Stayed at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort

• lamia.assem by lamia.assem

"Sharm El Sheikh is amazing "

• John Pettipher by John Pettipher

"Only go B & B as eating out is excellent in Naama Bay! Can recommend the Pomedora next to Camel Dive "

• John Pettipher by John Pettipher

"Suba diving with a whale shark and 2 eagle rays.... "

Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort is also called