Sharm Cliff Resort

Naama Bay Sharm Halomy Street, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Good Hotel

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We stayed at the Cliff from 23/2 - 3/3. The hotel is lovely and clean and overlooks amazing views of Naama Bay. The staff where great and the hotel was really clean. The food is ok but most people we met ate out a few times. All inculsive finishes at 11pm and doesnt include fruit juice etc. If you tip the bar staff at the beginning of the hol they will give you big glasses instead of crappy little ones. If you are booking here ask for a pool view as the desert view is a view of a building site, most mornings we where woken ay 6am by lorries.
We did trips to Cleo Park, Submarine & Quad biking and they where all great, other guests did the blue hole and said it was a let down.
The beach is great but you have to stay on the hotels bit but it is lovely and clean and has great big double sunloungers.
The road down to Naama Bay is a bit like a dirt track with pieces of metal sticking out everywhere so only suitable for the fit but the hotel does do free shuttle buses.
Be careful of the tent at the hotel, we all got bit really bad by fleas and I ended up with the emergency doc out.
This hotel is a great location to Naama Bay, the entertainment in the hotel is not great and the pool is freezing so this holiday probably suits those who want to go out a bit.
Be prepared to get hassled in Naama Bay, they will try and get you into every shop going, just ignore them and keep walking even if they say you are rude, make sure you haggle or they will rip you off and dont be afraid to walk away if they dont give in. Stay away from the perfume shops and dont let them drag you off the main roads.
Best places are the camel bar for going out & the tavern bar for the sport.
Dont worry about the terroism the place is full of police and the place is full of check points.
Overall a great place to visit and I would definately go again."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of March 2008

amazing time

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"We are just back from an amazing week at the sharm cliff hotel and to everybody who has written a bad review about this place should stay at home, we read all the reviews before we went and were worried but when we arrived the staff were fantastic and friendly and couldn't do enough to ensure our stay was perfect. There was never any problems with reception and the food was really good, the main course food was repetitive but was good quality and ample, and the puddings were to die for. The staff were so helpful and we made a few good friends during our week especially the shop owner and the photographer and of course the little man who cleaned our room and brought us flowers on valentines day. It was such a good holiday that we are trying to book something for later on in the year. The building was in good condition, the rooms bright airy and very clean, the pool was always clean but very cold, but bear in mind we were there in their winter time too. It was very good value for all inclusive 3 meals a day and as much local alcohol as we could drink.......i.e lots......All in all a great time was had and would definately recommend it to anyone...."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of March 2008

Sharm-El-Sheikh our greatest holiday yet!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"please dont get hooked on bad reviews about this hotel, afer we had booked i read the reviews, and i was very near to telling my husband that we are not going, i layed in bed at night and worried my self silly, WHAT A WASTE OF TIME, it was fantasic, the rooms are very large and very very clean, i had taken wipes to clean the bathroom E.C.T, but didn't need to use them, i have stayed in many hotels in turkey spain greece E.C.T, my first time in egypt, but it will not be my last, yes the food is repetitive, chicken, fish and beef, every night, salads, cooked meat cheese. the staff are so freindly, our cleaner made us towel sculptures almost every day I.E swans, towers of pillows he even made us a man made of towels. the Recreation crew (towel boys) were really good, my grandson was very badly burnt and he gave us this moose cream to put on his back which really helped i would definately go back to this hotel as it has been one of my favourite holidays.

Drywhite1234"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of February 2008

We loved it, a great family holiday!

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"I stayed in the Sharm Cliff with my family, 8 of us (including my 86 year old grandad,) for two weeks over New Year. We all enjoyed our time there. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the rooms were large, comfortable and clean, the views from the restaurant were amazing and the FOOD WAS GOOD! We had taken imodium with us after reading the other reviews however none of us had to use it!! After 2 weeks though it did start to get repetitive although there was always various options each day.

Our only complaints were the steps leading down to Naama Bay - they were very uneven and steep however my grandad could still make it up and down them! The hotel did run a frequent bus service though. Also the pools were too cold to go in they were always empty, I suppose it was January afteral though!!

When booking excursions stay away from Orbit travel which is in Naama Bay along from the shopping centre. They promise the earth then once they have your money they don't deliver very much....there excursions were very unorganised...they always took much longer than they were suppose to pick you up and drop you off (By hours!!!) eg..We queued for 9 hours at the Israeli border to go to Jerusalem - we were told it shouldnt take any longer than an hour!! and there always seemed to have hidden extra costs which you end up having to pay for even though they clearly stated everything was included!! We could have let this company ruin our holiday but we didn't let them even though they made us very frustrated at times!!!

All in all we would definately return to the Sharm Cliff hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of February 2008

What do you want for the money?!!

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"I have just returned from a week at the Sharm Cliff Resort, my first time in Egypt.

I spent ages reading reviews before I went, and only really learned that people moan about the most obscure things! (to the person complaining about there being no bacon, try visiting a country that ISN'T predominantly Muslim!)

Upon arrival we thought the place looked fantastic! The rooms are clean, the whole place is really well kept by friendly staff who are always willing to help (the guy selling the papers is a bit of a nuisance, and £3.60GBP for yesterdays Mirror is a bit steep, but I digress!)

OK, the food isn't fantastic and the drink is a bit ropey, but considering we paid £250 each for a week all inclusive including travel and transfers, I'm certainly not complaining - you will never go hungry, and it doesn't cost the earth to pop down to Naama Bay if you fancy a bit of a change. Of course, there are always higher quality places with great food and plentiful drink, but you'll be paying a lot more for the privelege, and they probably won't be in Egypt!

My only moan would be the fact that you have to pay for the bottled water (it is available by the glass, but only during all inclusive times), but again the cost was next to nothing.

To those complaining about the noise and building works - half of the area is being built, although it never bothered me. Yes, the water is cold in the pool, but it is winter there too, remember! The heated pool and sauna etc in the sister pool were a bit lacking, and the all inclusive option didn't extend to there, but the beach is a few minutes away so all is good.

In short, this is a great hotel at an unbelievable price. The people are friendly, the sun is shining and anyone who moans about it really ought to stay at home!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of January 2008

cant understand what the fuss is about!!!

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"Angie and John in Sheffield,

We are a couple who are nearing our 40's.By the time i had read all the reviews about this hotel i was expecting 'bates's Motel'..what i found didnt match the reviews,what we found was a very clean, pleasant and friendly hotel complex..we had a pool view and the room was very clean and spacious. the people in the hotel were very friendly , and went out of their way to make each and every person feel very welcome, i didnt find any of the Egyption people 'slimy' they were pleasant all times,yes they did expect to be tipped (bearing in mind they earn less than £100 a week for 14hr days, 7 days a week), i didnt feel this was much to ask. No the food wasnt good and it was very repetitive and i mangaged to lose 1/2 stone (not a bad thing). But what i feel most people are forgetting is that Egypt borders on a third world country and as English people we all expect to be catered for in every way...if thats what u do want then dont go to this hotel or to Egypt!!! or you could always go into town and eat McDonalds and the usual run of the mill eateries which are in plenty.

Me and my partner spent time by the pool and found the building works didnt affect us at all. the area is undergoin building works but doesent that happen at home!!! The steps are steep and are not very family friendly but the hotel runs a shuttle bus every 20mins from the comlpex into narma bay, so again, i cant understand the grumbles!!

All in all this was a fantasic holiday, Egypt is beautiful, the people are very friendly and welcoming and apart from the food, i can find no fault with this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of January 2008

becareful

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"hi im from greece and i want to say something about the hotel,the last day when i go for check out the receptionist tell me were is the card of the towers for the pool,i explain him that the second day the cards disapear from my room maybe the cleaners i dont know,i go to my room only at the night for sleep because all the day i go for diving.he tell me to pay for this cards and i refuse,when we go to the bus wit5h other tourists he come into the bus take the mic and say to all for this and the bus didnt left if i dont pay 200 egyptian (money) .what i can do?i pay,so becarefull very much such a think.and when i pay he didnt give me a receipt,probably my money now is in his pocket.thanks!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 16th of January 2008

Not 4*

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Me and my friend booked a holiday at the Sharm Cliff Holiday Resort from 5th Jan for one week. We arrived late Saturday night and were happy with what we saw at first sight ie the reception, pool area and our room. We went to the pool to sunbath Sunday morning and realised they were building another hotel next door, therefore it was so noisy, even with our ipods on we still heard the noise! We were also told that we would have a heated swimming but be warned, it is not! We booked all inclusive so had breakfast, lunch and dinner on Sunday and were appalled by the food. There is not much selection and it is all very bland. We thought we'd give it a chance and went for lunch on Monday and again were dissappointed by the food. That evening we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for our dinner (which was lovely and very reasonable). Both evenings we waited to see the youtravel rep who was supposed to be in the lobby at 8.30pm every day - he never turned up so the second day we went to reception and he said the rep hadn't been in but he called him for us, by now we had decided we couldn't stay here any longer and wanted to get moved to a better hotel. We spoke to him but he was extremely unhelpful. Didn't want to know at all so we spoke to the company we booked it through in England and they arranged for us to be transferred at an extra cost of £160. But between us we would have spent more than this eating out everyday. My advice to you if you booked this hotel is get moved to another hotel. One positive thing to say was that our room was lovely, however the "desert view" wasn't that at all, more like some gravel then a load of bushes!!! This hotel is NOT 4*"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of January 2008

Honestly do not bother.......this review will explain it all

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Firstly, I know this looks long, but its all the information you need on this hotel. We (myself and a friend both in their 20s (just) looking for a relaxing hols with a bit of life nothing heavy) booked our holiday through Teletext (Bookable holidays) and the accommodation was through YouTravel and Flights through XL. After a delayed flight and rerouted flight we thought the worse was behind us. We arrived at this hotel late evening, and thought it looked ok from the outside as the lobby area was quite modern. The lobby bar is on the left hand side as you walk in, there was no one in there and this was at 11pm so thought it was a bit strange. The process for getting the key was painless so it was running smoothly at this point. We then went to the room which was the other side of the pool in the newer block, we had to walk through the older block and thanked our lucky stars we weren't in there. Our room was a 'desert view' room, what a joke, basically it was a spare piece of land no more than 10 metres wide, followed by a road, followed by a building site. Nevertheless this didn't really bother us. The room however was lovely, nice and big and the bathroom was ok. The next morning we went to breakfast and what a selection there was not!! Don't expect anything nice because you just won't get it. We thought it was just breakfast. We went to the late breakfast served by the pool just to have a nose really, OMG they had a few cakes out nothing special. The newer pool was nice although too cold to go in (neither pool was heated and there was no jacuzzi as advertised). There was a building site next door (both sides) and it was a racket chucking out fumes, noise and dust. So still hungry we decided we would order some pool bar snacks as a couple had them besides us and they looked nice (surprisingly), when I went up to the bar, they told me that I would have to pay for them, and if I wanted lunch I would have to go to the restaurant. So we went, it was disguisting. By this time (after 5 hours, we were getting annoyed). We went to see the rep he didn't turn up. So we braved dinner to find it was the same as lunch, just reheated. We tried to eat some but nothing was appealing. Needless to say we went out that evening on the 1st evening because there was just no entertainment, no one in the lounge bar, no one around the pool bar but it was quite chilly in the evenings so would expect it. The drinks were either beer, whisky, brandy or vodka with coke, lemonade or still orange, they would not prepare cocktails or even irish coffees, you had to order a coffee and then a whisky and mix it together, the selection of drinks was lacking. All inclusive finished at 11pm. We went out, there was 2 exits to Naama Bay which was really close so we was excited about this, 1 exit was either done a dirt track which hadn't been built yet, or down some dangerous steps, it was ridiculous, they had no hand rails, broken steps, low lighting, rubble and a corragated fence to get out onto the road. The next morning we didn't even try the breakfast, we waited until lunch it was the same variety as the day before. The noise was still going on around us, but this time they didn't try and dull it out with pool music it was constant banging and the flies was so annoying. By this time we were ready to move hotels we weren't going to stay here. We waited until we could see the rep, he was at the hotel every night at 8.30pm or so the board told us, he didn't turn up......2nd night in a row. So we called him, told him we wanted to be moved, he said "in my opinion the Sharm Cliff is the best 4 star hotel in Sharm" is he having a laugh, he wasn't prepared to move us, however could if we paid £100 a night (£500) to a 5 star. He was extremely unhelpful, and told us to call the UK by this time the office was closed, so we had to wait until the next morning, we ate out at the Hard Rock Cafe that night and what a difference in food it was soo nice compared to our hotel. We called the UK at £1.29 per minute and they were helpful at a price, we had to pay near on £200 to be moved to a 5 star and not in Naama Bay. We waited all day for the confirmation telephone call and didn't get it, so had to call the other half in the UK to call the UK office as it was so expensive, he said he had to hold for 35minutes (thank god it wasn't my phone bill) they moved us that evening to a hotel in Nabq bay.

I suggest if you must go to this hotel, make sure you are room only, that you request a pool view in the newer block. You must be prepared for building noise as they are developing on all sides of the hotel, front, back and both sides. You won't not be able to go with little ones as the steps are impossible to get down in a buggy or wheelchair, by the way if you are disabled or having trouble walking you won't be able to access any part of the hotel, as there are no lifts (as far as we could tell) and the restaurant was on the 1st floor, there were steps everywhere. ( I shall try and upload some pics). Otherwise do not bother you are wasting your money."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of January 2008

Best Holiday Ever

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"Me and my mum stayed here in sept, was supposed to be a hoilday with my boyfriend but we broke up so invited her! We had a great time, met up with some great people although they were only there a week which was a shame (kevnally!)
At first when we arrived we were confused at the all inclusive system, we got bracelets but these were just for the food. we got these like tickets for drinks and had to keep going to reception for more but we found out this was like a stock control measure as we were the only all inclusive. our room was lovely, even had air con and a fridge. everyday the cleaner made things out of bedding/towels etc, one day we even found a life-size man made from towels laid on the bed reading my book! the rooms are very spacious, bathroom was huge!
the pool was really warm! usually the pool is cold when you are abroad! it was cleaned everynight and the sun loungers were big wooden ones with big thick matresses.
the food was great, nothing was too much trouble for them. as there were only about 6 english, the chef came out and asked us what we wanted, he would make burgers, pizza, sandwiches, steaks ANYTHING. the buffet breakfast and dinner was excellent also, good choice of foods and if you wanted anything they got it. the waiters and bar man were very good and had a laugh with them, in the second week, me and my mum were the only english so we chatted to them all the time and the entertainment guy adel. he always tried to get everyone involved in water-aerobics, water polo, darts etc and organised shows on a night, as it was a quiet part of the season we were usually the only ones sat at the bar but we weren't fussed on having a lively clubbing holiday, we wanted relaxation and we got it.
however the town was about a 5 min walk away down the steps at the front of the hotel but there is a free bus every half an hour. the town is very lively with lots of bars and restaurants and a couple of large clubs like pasha. we thought the price of drinks in town was reasonable, only what you pay in england really and food was very very cheap. the only expensive place for drinks was the hard rock cafe but thats the same in any country and it was worth having one drink for the atmosphere in there.
all in all it was a great holiday, we paid about 500 for 2 weeks all inclusive so wasn't expecting anything flashy but it was excellent value for money. my only advice would be to take the trips to the pyramids and ras mohammed if you have time as they were remarkable but took a full day each. drink lots of water as it is sooo hot and many people went down ill. be warned though it isnt the food like many people say, its simply the lack of water in the sheer heat. i would say the hotel was a good 3 star quality and excellent value for money!"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of October 2007

How i got my lover back

Reviewed Wed 27th of July 2016

"Love spell came out tremendously, I highly recommending robinson.buckler @ yahoo . com for whatever problems you are experiencing in your relationship. He is the real deal. his love spell is absolutely wonderful."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of July 2016

Remeber insect spray

Reviewed Mon 12th of April 2010

"Hotel is really nice, our room was not that clean, but clean towels and sheets every day.
We payed for all inclusive but had to by water downtown in big bowls, couse its not allowed to fill bottles with water in the hotel.... Thats BAD
The food is poor and the plates and glases are not clean even after washing.
The staff is mostly really nice, they dont understand or speak english very good, but they do their best.

Highly recommand the waterpolo :o)

Some from the animationteam are wonderful, and they all do their best.

Watch out for the thoussands of mosquitos down there, remember to bring spray and antihistamin. The hotel gasses some days, but people are badly bitten anyway.

Give the poolguy 20 Egyptian pounds on the first day, and he will keep your sunbed ready for you every day."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of April 2010

Hotels near Sharm Cliff Resort

Stayed at Sharm Cliff Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sharm Cliff Resort

• R+D Neath by R+D Neath

"Ras Mohammed well worth visit on boat trip. Hubby loved the snorkelling and I loved the sun bathing. "

• skelly690 by skelly690

"nice town. pushy people. "

• BarroomHero by BarroomHero

"Visit Ras Mohammed national park for snorkling. Hard Rock cafe. "

• ddaavviidd30 by ddaavviidd30

"Wonderful safe place. "

• ddaavviidd30 by ddaavviidd30

"Zane bar, Naama Bay-all of. "

• Laura B by Laura B

"Can't wait to go back "

Sharm Cliff Resort is also called