Royal Paradise Beach Resort

Ras Om El Sid, Sharm El Sheikh 5331 Egypt

Good

Dirty Hell Hole

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"We have just returned from a one week holiday in this four star waiting to be upgraded to a five star hotel, what a Joke more like two star waiting to be down graded to a one.
As soon as we walked through the Reception area there were people queing to complain.
The hotel was dirty, the floors were mucky, the glass doors had finger prints all over them.
The cups and glasses were chipped and the cutlery dirty - the table cloths were not changed and the floor never cleaned. The restaurant toilet-don't even go there!!!
The waiters shirts were dirty and the Chefs used their fingers to put the grated cheese on the pasta-YUCK. The food was not edible other than the bread rolls. No fruit unless you were a Russian. No wines available other than in the Restuarant at lunch and dinner times.
We had to book to go to the Italian Restuarant and was offered a choice of four pizzas only - no other food available and us six being the only customers, bearing in mind you had to book the day before !! We requested wine and was told we would have to pay for this(ALTHOUGH WE WERE ALL INCLUSIVE).
The pools and the pool towels were disgustingly filthy as were the sunbeds and mattresses - a lot of the sunbeds were also broken. The pools had algae growing on the sides and the tiles on the bottom of pools were cracked and dangerous.
There was a terrible smell around the grounds which we found out was raw sewage water used to water the gardens.
There was a used condom in the gardens which had been there several days. This was removed after a English person complained to the Management to be told it was not his!!!
The rooms did not get cleaned and on two occasions we had to go to complain as we had no clean room towels.
The bathroom was dirty, and the toilet needed a good bleaching and the whole place needed a refurb.
The water was turned off at prime times and you were lucky if you got hot water.
This was our seventh trip to Egypt and the worst hotel ever - if it had been our first we would never have returned !!!
Please read the reviews on this hotel as they are so very true - if only we had read them before we booked.
ADVICE TO ANYONE DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL
VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED.
Julie, Robert, Sue, Barry, Jean and Colin"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of October 2007

Don't worry

Good
Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Don't worry. we are staying at the hotel and after reading the other reviews I tried to cancel my booking as did 2 other english groups. It is fine in a great location. Sharm is a resort for sun & snorkelling or diving if you expect beaches it is not for you. The hotel is dated, if you are picky about food eat out! the food is adequate the dinks are fine they even have diet sprite and diet coke. If you want large measures go back fo more.
The 2 pools are hygenic and the service is great.
Don't worry!!!! if you are only paying 140 per person for a week all inclusive. excluding flights you cannot expect 5* quatily.
I hope you are reassured. [email protected]"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of October 2007

Please do not stay at this Hotel

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Royal Paradise Hotel Sharm el Sheikh Egypt
Date: 4th-18th October 2007
Please do not book this Hotel. My Husband and I have just returned after two weeks from the worst holiday experience in over 40 years of travelling abroad. The whole Hotel is far below being a 4 Star status. The Hotel is dirty, in our bathroom the shower tray had multiple cracks, black mold was on the tray, shower curtain and tile grout. We did not have any HOT water in our room for the entire two weeks stay. The Dining room was not much cleaner with stained table cloths cracked and chipped mugs, plates and dishes. The food was appalling. We had to go out at night to have a decent meal. The other English guests ourselves included suffered with stomach problems. I could continue but please do not book this Hotel, you will be very disappointed and wasting your money.
Maureen, Mick WSM"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of October 2007

Good if you looking for sea but not for service

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"The were seven of us and we did not spend a lot of time inside the hotel. But we will not return here again.

What was great:

- Terrible service
- Limited "all include" drinks
- Hotel's beach and pontoon

Tips:
I would recommend to visit Ras Um El Sid Beach - It's 10 minutes walk or 2 minutes by taxi. You will feel the differense."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of September 2007

dave and anita from maidstone

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"dear gang who we met on holiday its dave and anita here, [email protected]

i digress

for all who we met on holiday thx for being such a great spirited bunch and the fun and laughs we had were just priceless,, jerry u the man dude,,

on to the hotel and staff and also the lovley restaurant... guys im no snob but some things an english man deserves and expects,, cleanliness is a must and food of an edible standard is also a plus,,, YOU WILL NOT FIND THEM AT THE ROYAL PARADISE RESORT.....

The restaurant was bad and UNHYGENIC THE STAFF EVEN TOLD US NOT TO EAT THERE
the pools were dirty and extremley dangerous
the beach pontoon leading to the edge of the reef was disgracfull
the rooms were average and the cleaner was the best,,,,
the towels that u recieved each day were used and dirty
the enertainment was laughable but dasha my russian funny girl was brill

the entertainment team left the day we departed for home as they fell out with the managment

if you are planning to visit sharm el sheik please do so but avoid this hotel at all costs

we are seriously seeking a refund from our tour company

PLEASE AVOID THE ROYAL PARADISE HOTEL AT ALL COSTS, IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH THEN PLEASE TAKE NOTE.......

DAVE AND ANITA"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of September 2007

Don't Book It And If You Have Booked Change It Quick!!!!!

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We stayed at the 'Royal Parasite Resort' in September this year having booked a much needed 5* break. This was most definitely not what we experienced at this hotel. Problems have been well documented by other reviewers but in summary were:

Old tired bathrooms, bad, repetetive food, lack of hygeine in restaurant, swimming pool and bar. Dirty, unwashed pool towels, mattresses and loungers. Broken loungers, broken pool steps, algae in the pool (I contracted an eye infection). Dirty chipped glasses and mugs (when you didn't get miniscule plastic cups for your drinks). Rampant food poisoning, rude reception staff. Dangerous jetty/pontoon on the beach, the list goes on...........

The only saving grace was the people we met and Sharm/Naama Bay which together made this a fantastic holiday but the experience at the hotel severly detracted from what was booked and paid for as a 5* experience.

This hotel is no more than a 2* and I urge anyone who stayed here to write a review and claim compensation from their Tour Operators.

Anyone interested in starting a forum on this?????"

• Travel date: Tue 25th of September 2007

Disgusting

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"A group of nine, we were all dissapointed as soon as we walked through the doors of this hotel. Not just outdated but dirty,unsafe areas,bad customer relations. For the first time in my life I complained and asked to move into another room, we wre over-ridden by ants, and there was no way any of us could use the bathroom.We could not get a nice cold drink in this hotel and the ones you did get wre in silly little plastic cups. We also got the immpression if your not russian you dont exist. I like many other people checked trip advisor and decided it couldent be that bad, but believe me it is!!! Just a note to say, we have travelled abroard for many years and expect to get what we pay for and dont expect the Ritz, but take heed what everyone is saying about thi hotel because it is all true. We made the most of our holiday by going on day trips and eating out with people we know out there otherwise it would have been a total disaster."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2007

Please do not book here so disappointing!

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I would like to state that I am a normal person and read the reviews of this hotel after and booked and took comfort from the fact only losers right reviews this is not true! I'm the type of person who never complains however this hotel needs to be complained about! Most of the things I have to talk about other reviews have mentioned, for example the awful food gave us food poisoning and the dirty pool gave my boyfriend an ear infection. The pool was also unsafe, full of cracks that scratched your legs and the size of the cups the drinks were served in were just so small.

Our room had an ant problem and the cleaner would also knock on our door after we got back from the pool and hang about for a tip. There were lots of Russains in the hotel who were all quite rude to the English and would save each other sunbeds, and I think all the awful was catered for the Russains cause they seemed to love it. The entertainment there called 'Freak Animation' associated with the Russains mainly, and the little nightly entertainment there was all done in Russain. However I just want to say we has a brilliant holiday we just had to laugh at everything that happened and make the holiday our own. If you have all ready booked your holiday I hope you have a really good time!"

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of September 2007

Dissapointing

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"When we book this holiday we had been advised the hotel had just been awarded it's 5 star, we thought great. When we got there we soon realised it was def not! The decor of the place was dated and our room was more like a 2 or 3 star. Could not eat the food there everything looked and tasted like rubber so we ate out everynight. The alcohol was also disgusting and was served in tiny cups- there is no way u would get drunk in the hotel! We even had to buy a bottle of water off the staff because we were so fed up of going up to the bar every 5 mins. I had a tummy bug 4 nights out of the 7 there and so did my partner. My man who cleaned our room would haggle about and wait for us to arrive to the room 'asking if we liked how he had cleaned it' and then wait aroung until we gave him money! One day he even knocked our door and walked in! THERE IS NO ENTERTAINMENT except a bit of music played some nights in the week. We did speak to our rep about it and he said the hotel was actually a 3 star. Also full of Russians did find out that this hotel is widely advirtised in the Russian holiday brochers. One thing that did annoy me was that the sunbeds would always be reserved for someone - that just is not right. Egyptians will also try and get u into their shops and once ur in there u cant get out. If you don't go into the shops they will frown upon you - you cant win and it is very uncomftable to think u have 2 buy something in the shop - you cant just browse!! The weather was gorgeous and i enjoyed a week off work relaxing but was not as we expected. We're sticking to Spain in future!!"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of September 2007

PLEASE READ MY REVIEW... I AM A NORMAL PERSON...HONEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Ok, so I always thought that the people that wrote these reviews were a little sad, and didnt have anything better to do with there time! BUT, here I am pleading with you, not to waste your money. We were told the hotel was 5star! no the pool rep actually said it was two! Its full of Russians and they are the only people the hotel caters for. The food is god awful, you don't even know what your eating, needless to say we didn't eat there. The one time we did, we got food poisioning, so please re-think before ooking this hotel. The pool was wonderful, but dangerous! One poor girl fell down a grate and had to have stiches, and when I asked if they were goining to mend it, he said it was!! Oh and the beach... you can only go on the bit owned by the hotel, and Royal Paradise was the only hotel to have a sunken, algi covered jetty, so very dangerous, where as everybody elses was floating, and very safe. Ow one more thing, it had no evening entertainment, so we went into Namma Bay - but please get the free shuttle bus, and NOT a taxi!

I hope this helps, Im sure it wont, if you have already booked!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of September 2007

Not recommended

Reviewed Tue 27th of September 2016

"Unfortunately I had my last vacation in Royal Paradise Resort Sharm one of the most unexpected bad holidays ever.
Hotel sight and facilities are nice the problem they need badly to be renovated. Staff no. Is very few comparing to the size of the hotel and no. Of guests. Speaking about rooms are unclean furniture is old insects in rooms bath rooms are disaster not clean taps are broken towels are dirty air conditioning system all over the hotel is very weak. No room service unless you ask several times. Reception I'd a night mare no customer services knowledge what soever one they can't solve any problem lack of experience and few of them are friendly one of the worst thing happened during our visit they closed the air conditioning system and when we start sweating we asked the receptionist is the air conditioning broken he said no we close it from 3:00 to 6:00 pm !!!!!! Temp. Was more than 35 degrees and crowded lobby is this possible! !!! Food is horrible taste less no variety. Although this place has great view and great beach but it's very clear that it's management system is poor lack of experience wish they can enhance their performance in the future."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2016

Awful Nasty Hotel

Reviewed Fri 16th of May 2014

"This is a paradise to hell. i will not advise anyone who wants a decent holiday to go there.
the hotel has had no running water for 2 days, can anyone imagine this?
the food is rubbish, the staff rubbish, the rooms rubbish and they have packed a bunch of ignorant ugly looking Russians who act like they own they hotel. Perhaps it belongs to a russian.
do not go to this hotel it has been most regrettable. do not go to this nasty awful dirty hotel.

no water for 2 days and all they can say is don't worry it is coming for the past 48 hours and now i have to go find somewhere to have my bath as the hotel has no water.
The all inclusive is a joke with these Russians acting like food is scarce in russia. what a horrid horrid hotel.....no room service, no internet, no water, full of dirty toilets and flies, the worst mistake i have ever made on a holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of May 2014

Hotels near Royal Paradise Beach Resort

Stayed at Royal Paradise Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Royal Paradise Beach Resort

• caela by caela

"Beautiful place unfortunatley the people are not so kind to the younger tourists "

• caela by caela

"quad biking through the dessert and scuba diving "

• LynneP09 by LynneP09

"Very Nice But Expencive £££££ "

• LynneP09 by LynneP09

"Dolphin Swimming, Quad Biking, Camel Riding And Boat Trip "

• Abeke by Abeke

"Dont go there.. you will regret it. most definitely.....the worst hotel in sharm el-sheikh "

• CrystalAdm by CrystalAdm

"Don't carry too much cash on you, stay away from locals. "

Royal Paradise Beach Resort is also called