Rehana Sharm Resort

7 km North of Sharm Airport South Sinai -Sharm - Nabq bay, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 1111 Egypt

Good

Great Hotel Friendly informative excellent!!

"Hello all,
This is a four star hotel regardless what others say. My girlfriend and I booked via teletext late deals, having read the reviews on trip advisor was fearful to say the least!!
Having arrived in and not having booked transfers we had to get a taxi!!! plenty available & helpful we were unsure the how far hotel was from the airport so we got in in good faith!! it was a ten min journey and was charged £20 english the hotel porter came out and asked how much, he couldnt believe we paid the dishonest driver that ammount and therefore got on the phone. i said dont worry its ok jet lagged etc, five mins later the taxi driver pulls up and gives us £15 back!! result!!

the rooms are clean spacious and comfortable, the pools are gorgeous although wanting your space you gotta be prepared to get up early as there are a few eastern europeans! food we found basic although you are allowed to boook the italian and mongolian bbq for two nights a week not many did this very nice, and low and behold your end up gettin ill, i was severly ill with dehydration too my own fault.
Theres a parasite within egypt that egyptians come immune too, foreignors arent therefore suffer so be prepared to visit the on site doc! NO IMMODIUM WONT WORK JUST MAKE IT ANGRY LOL.
the resort itself is new, though entertainment is scarce, youhave to visit sharm for that taxi ride away. Overall we had a great time and the pyramids by air trip is defo worth it! also the bedouin village trip is great under the stars very romantic.

id say this is a great resort for kids n families and couples!!

we loved our rehana experience.."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of March 2007

Hotel ok - Food awful

"The hotel was lovely but unless you are Russian in the winter or Italian in the summer avoid the food - it was terrible. Not one sample of Egyptian food to be seen."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of March 2007

Loving it!!!

Good

"My partner and I just got back from a really enjoyable 2 week stay.
It was our first visit to Egypt and although I had read as much as I could find out about it on the internet, we weren't entirely sure what to expect!

Reading the previous reviews on this site helped to some extent, although they were a bit of a mixed bag.

I can honestly say that we were impressed with the hotel. It was very clean, the rooms were spacious and comfortable (great Air Con) and the staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The food was plentiful and offered a reasonable choice each day, although by the end of the 2 weeks it inevitably became a bit repetitive.

The hotel boasts great pools with a lazy river and there are 2 pool bars and one by the beach. There was no problem getting sunbeds during our stay (the hotel wasn't full though) and we found the pools preferable to the beach, which was a bit of a disappointment.

Neither of us had any problem with 'Egyptian Belly' during our stay - which was an unexpected bonus, although we did both suffer quite badly from insect bites - and perhaps the only thing that spoiled our holiday slightly was the perpetual bombardment of the flies! They were a real nuisance, particularly when we were trying to sunbathe by the pool (as were the East European brigade, many of whom who we found to be rude and arrogant)

All in all, we had a great time in Sharm and were really comfortable at the Rehana. Looking back at the other travellers comments, it does look as though most of the negative feedback is the oldest - which suggests perhaps that the hotel has addressed some of the teething problems from it's early days.

The most endearing memory we will have of our stay at the Rehana will undoubtedly be the lovely people working in the hotel. Their friendliness and genuine desire to look after their guests in any way they could was very refreshing. - despite having to put up with some very rude guests from Eastern Europe.

If you are thinking of visiting the Red Sea area, perhaps as an alternative to the Med, Sharm is well worth a visit, particularly if you like snorkelling or diving - and you could do a lot worse than stay at the Prima Rehana!"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of October 2006

Loved it!

"Me and my friend Molly went for a week, and we loved it! The hotel was very clean and the rooms were spacious and pleasent. The pools were so pretty especially at night and there was plently of sun beds. The bars were excellent, swimming to the pool bar in the day and the others at night.
Staff were very friendly and would do anything for you. There was plently of choice of food and although it was a little on the bland side the pancake man made up for that! Book yourself into the mongolian as the food there was excellent.
Beach is about a 5 min walk away and although snorkelling is a little difficult due to the coral it is well worth it as the fish are amazing.
Over all me and my friend had such a great time, the outside roman theatre and the shisk place were our favourites and i would even suggest a late drink in the magic bar as well.
Brenda and Molly 2006"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of October 2006

They tried their best but...

"Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel from 2006.03.28 for a week, and we have quite mixed feelings about the hotel.

The hotel itself is beautiful, well maintained, our room was very clean, modern and spacious, everything started fine... we checked in late night, so we had a quick dinner and go to bed, because we were very tired. Than the surprise: We barely could sleep because somereally loud strange noise. Next day we realised that the hotel is just under the main airline, so every airplane that takes on/off fly just above the hotel. During the week we stayed there i have awekened several times by the airplanes during the day/night. It was so loud that we couldnt talk at the pool bar, because we didnt understand each other because the jet engines noise. Terrible.

We love to snorkel, so we went to the beach. The beach is quite far from the hotel. You have to go outside the hotel across a road, and walk about 400meters to get to the beach. During this 400meters you can smell sewage, because there are palm trees and flowers at the both side of the path and the locals are using sewage to water the plants. Thats why you shouldnt eat anything in Egypt without washing it well, or peel it.

The beach was another dissapoitment for us, because the hotel's mole was broken, and the next hotels employee didnt let us use their's mole. So we had to act like the other guests who walked onto the coral reef (ruin it by this) find a spot where you can jump into the deep water, and than find a spot wehere you can get out safe. My girlfriend was wounded her knee with a coral when she tried to get off the water because the big waves.

The food was good, but the all inclusive board didnt covered the drinks at breakfast, that means you couldnt order a coke or something, because there were no waiters around who would take your order.

The 'best joke" during or stay was the coke... as many pools are in the hotel, you can get as many kind of coke. I mean the coke machines were badly calibrated, so you never got a perfect drink. I have attached a picture about two glass of cokes, both was terrible. After some day, we figured out that we have to ask for diet cola, so we got coke from bottle not the machine. The result was that the hotel run out of light cola in 2 days, and the waiters "made" light cola by mixing regular cola from the machine with soda. Thank god we are not diabetics, because we would have serious troubles by drinking that sugary stuff."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of July 2006

friendly but got ill

"The Rehana is a nice hotel but when we went there were hardly any English 8 of us in total through the whole hotel! The room we had was gorgeous huge big bed, walk in shower and a nice balcony over the pool. It was cleaned every day. As there are hardly any english I think it would be difficult for younger children to have a good time as there would be hardly anyone to talk to.

Whilst away we both suffered with bad bellies, this seemed common all of us bar 1 was ill out of the 8. We went to the pharmacy which is straight over the road to the right, it cost the two of us £50! Be warned do not say you have a headache otherwise they charge you £3 for 6 paracetamol tablets. The tablets seemed to work for a few days but then it came back again I don’t know if we were just unlucky but it seemed that this happened to the others also. Then again they only seem to swill out the glasses rather than wash them, the pools have really bad scum lines and u can hardly see your feet at the bottom. So I’m pretty sure that had something to do with it!

Saying this we still managed to enjoy our holiday, all of the staff were really friendly and did as much as they could to help. The shops on site were great Mr. bean was really friendly so pop in there. They seem to love the english and if you take your time to speak to them and have a chat you soon get little perks like them carrying your drinks over from the bar, milkshakes, coctails and so on.

We went on the trips to Luxor, quad bikes and Tiran island, all were amazing. We were going to go to Cairo but were told you could see MacDonald’s from the pyramids which put us off. Luxor seemed more value for money we saw loads of different tombs and also got a boat trip down the Nile! It was very hot so may not be suitable for really young children. Tiran island was gorgeous, if you look right when you are at the beach you will be able to see a boat wreck and this is where they take you.

The beach by the hotel is man made, it is very different from the one in Naama bay. This one is coral all the way out, so buy some sea shoes from the dive center at the hotel they were £4 each. Because it is coral all the way its shallow, the highest it goes is to your knees until you reach the shelf edge where its suddenly 200ft down, its a bit scary getting in and out but once you've mastered it, its ok. You dont need to get in as you walk up near the edge and they swim around your feet! There is a public beach in Naama bay its quite nice with a jetty to get in and out, you do have to pay, but again be nice they remeber you and let you back in for free!

Food is buffet style in the main restaurant, this is very repetitive and not great. There is very little choice if you are a vegetarian as even pasta seems to come with meat. Were not fussy eaters but it was pretty poor. The best food is the Mongolian restaurant its a stir fry and its in the all inclusive package, you do have to book though. We also tried the Italian £3.50 for a 5 course meal which was really nice, felt rude leaving some food but there was just so much to eat!

One tip is you get a lot from being polite and friendly anywhere you go in egypt, a few of these reviews where the staff were rude i cannot believe as they were all so lovely as long as you are nice back.

Overall if they sorted out the basics in hygiene then there would be absolutely no fault with the hotel. Every hotel in Egypt is amazing looks wise, and all seem to have the huge pools and gorgeous rooms. So I wouldn’t recommend this hotel as being the best more so as everyone seems to get ill."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of July 2006

Tummy bugs!

"I visited this hotel/resort with my 9 year old at the end of May 2006.

Please be aware on entry to Egypt you will be told you need a visa - you don't if you are not planning to leave Sharm during your stay! So save your money. They wil try and sell you a visa on the transfer coach as well but don't pay unless you are planning to visit Luxor, Cairo or go off on a boat trip. We were told the tranfer time was 10 miutes, which is correct, except that we were taken on a tour of the resort as we were dropped off last and this took over an hour. So seriously forget tour operator tranfers, get a taxi! This is very easy but make sure you negotiate the price before you get in.

The hotel is nice, and rooms are bright and clean. Food is average in the main restaurants but adequate, and would definitely recommend the Italian and the Mongolian restaurants. Pools are nice and unusual, although towards the end of our week one of them was looking a bit murky and I am not sure how clean they actually were. The beach is across the road, and to go in the sea you need special beach shoes to protect your feet from the coral, you can buy them at the hotel but might be able to get them cheaper in England etc. Beach is okay but not really a kids beach, shale rather than sand etc, apparently Sharks Bay is much better for snorkelling. The shops at the hotel are nice, but remember to barter as they are a bit pricey.

Staff are in the main very polite and friendly, but some were not so with children and actually ignored them at bars when they went to get drinks etc. All the staff are men, in fact you probably will not see an Egyptian woman the whole time you are there.

Entertainment was okay, until the last 3 days when they got rid of the entertainment team and replaced it with an egyptian one - have to say I thought they were poor, and a bit of a waste of time.

There is a building for kids, but there is no kids club despite what it says in brochures etc. So again if your kids are used to this forget it. Also there are very few English visitors, lots of Russians, East European people, which is fine as they were all lovely and not at all rowdy like some Brits can be, but a bit difficult for kids as they can't really communicate too well with other children, so you might want to think about this if you are travelling with children.

By the second day, I along with many other guests had developed a horrible stomach bug which was very resistant to medication. I did complain to the manager and was told it was as a result of heat, as I had come from a cold country. I refuted this and was told they didn't have a problem as they check with the doctor everyday the numbers of people he has seen.. But of course this is madness as most people either bring medication with them, or visit the pharmacy which is across the road, they do not consult a doctor.You are told to only use bottled water, and this is very important, but on the last but one day we saw staff at one of the pool bars filling up the juice machine/soda machines with tap water!!!!! So this may go some way to explain the problem. Again I challenged the manager but he denied that this was possible. Both my child and I had the bug, and mine is only just getting better and I have been home now for 6 days.

Overall we had a reaonable time, but I have to say I wouldn't go back to this resort for 2 reasons. Firstly, the stomach issues, this is not just a problem in this hotel but in many of the others, and secondly the world is a big place and going back is so uneccesary!"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of June 2006

absolutely fantastic

"we have just returned from the rehana and what a fantastic time we had the staff are very friendly the food excellent with a good choice. the hotel is on a flight path but it is hardly noticeable. The staff are always cleaning the pool area floors in the lobby and gardens etc.

no need to take towels as they are readily available you can change them as often as you like during the day.

The rooms were cleaned daily by a man how rare!!! He made swans and even a man out of blankets and towels. excellent."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of May 2006

very good people

Good

"i like this hotel but the the most important for me was the people thanks to the manager and his assistant"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of March 2006

great hotel

"I was just there and I thought I had to make a report of the wonderful time we spent there. Having read the recent reports before going, I was optimistic, but...it was even nicer and much more charming. ANyone thinking of going to Sharm el Sheikh should surely head to Rehana Prima. THe staff is very friendly, the food is very good, both in quality and variety. There was entertainment all day and all night, which were surprizingly a lot of fun. We had our 3 year old son with us, and we barely saw him. Language was no barrier, the caretaker at the kids club spoke several languages. What else, the pool, is amazing, there are 5 of them!
so much more, one should head there for vacation anytime (think of the price as well, cheaper to go than stay home for a long holiday!)"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of March 2006

Not 4+ more like 2+

"If you have never traveled, are a first timer, a young "I don't care about accommodations, food or service as long as I have my girlfriend with me", a family on a tight budget or have lower standards overall, then this Hotel/Resort/Whatever is for you.

Don't get me wrong, the staff is friendly and try to be accommodating, but it is clear that they do not know what a 4+ standard is like, therefore, it's silly to blame them. The real culprits are the tour operators that qualify this hotel as a 4+. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I suggest that you do better research before you commit to this hotel, I was there with my girlfriend and demanded to be moved out of it which I accomplished after paying a "fee" to our tour operator and travelled a few miles towards Naama Bay. It was well worth it, I lost 2 out of 14 days but the time spent in the new Hotel made up for it. The Red Sea was extraordinary and the diving first class, but not a Prima Life Rehana.

Too many flies by the pool, the beach is too far and the beach bar looks right down dirty, the rooms are too dilapidated, the entertainment silly and amateurish, the towels too old and flies magnets, the food average at best, sand/dust/trash storms will permeate the hotel and the food court at any given moment. Should I go on...? I think not. "

• Travel date: Tue 20th of January 2009

don't bother going!

"My husband and I booked this last minute and really should have done our research first!I did read reviews after booking and they did concern me but we decided to make the most of the holiday and decided that the reviews were probably exagerated-well they weren't!

On arrival at the airport we waited an hour for our bags and as it was 5pm and pitch black we were nonplussed to not be shown to the coach!eventually 2 and a half hours after landing we set off for hotel.The welcome and check in procedures were excelent and reception area spotless.we were shown to our room which was enormous and to be fair kept very clean throughout the 2 week stay.The pool areas were constantly kept clean and the staff could not do enough for you.

However,all drinks were served in plastic cups which were tiny and never washed,just tipped into a sink,the tap was turned on then off and they were back on the shelf.
The restuarant was more a canteen and even for evening meal there was no dress code or even linen napkins.There were laminated place mats that one day i wiped with a baby wipe and it was black-we were scared to put the cutlery on the table.There was about 3 cruet sets for the entire restuarant so we spent 10 minutes each meal time searching for them,it did not matter because the food was cold anyway.The breakfast pastries,mouldy cheese and overripe fruit was set out directly after dinner had finished.

We survived on boiled eggs for breakfast and cheese bread and soup for lunch and tea.Initially we did try all sorts of food but were both ill.Therewere not many English there,mainly Russian,Chezc and Dutch but the 10 english we did meet were all poorly and if well enough to go to chemist ended up on antibiotics which obviously means they had a bacterial gastric infection.

It would be simple to correct the flaws;have a head waiter ensuring the tables were wiped with antibacterial spray between diners,make dinner special by seating people at tables and having cloth napkins and by serving hot food,it was actually stone cold as it was brought out of kitchen.also wash the plastic cups between uses and serve drinks in glasses in areas other than the pools.

The music arond the pool areas was far too loud and would be banging at 11.30 and 3pm especially when the young animation team were on duty.

We did go out to watch the Liverpool Chelsea game but even then did not feel well enough to take the opportunity to eat some proper food but i feel we should have eaten out from the start as once we were ill we never felt right until 2 days after returning home."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of November 2008

Hotels near Rehana Sharm Resort

Stayed at Rehana Sharm Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Rehana Sharm Resort

• trampslikeus by trampslikeus

"Go to the Faraana Reef Hotel, an older (14 years), but extraordinary resort. "

• trampslikeus by trampslikeus

"The coral reefs right in front of the hotel, extraordinary. "

Rehana Sharm Resort is also called