Reef Oasis Beach Resort

Marine Sports Club Street Hadabet Um El Sied, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Good

absolutely fabulous . . .

Good

"after reading some of the reviews, we were apprehensive, but the place is brilliant. the staff are friendly, but a tip goes a long way, and why not, they work hard for so little. the spirits were limited, but we go on holiday for the sun, the snorkeling, and the relaxation, not the beer! which by the way was not warm, as some people have stated. . . the food was fine, there was always a good selection. great for people on the atkins diet! plenty of meat being cooked on the bbq outside the restaraunt. the snorkelling is awesome, people from other hotels on trips get brought to the reef oasis for the coral and the fish it attracts, there was something quite large loitering around which spooked me a little, the rooms are large, and very well maintained, clean aswell. the only problem that we encountered was the entertainment, it was mainly directed to the italians, and the animation team that took care of the english were russians. but they were ok.
all in all we would go again without a doubt."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of July 2005

first holiday i,ve not enjoyed!

"after reading other reviews on this resort i can only say that i am amused!the beer was warm for 14 days! it was served in a minature tumbler (3/4 of a bottle)! The food was only warm for 14 days! the main buffet restraunt was like a cattle market full of rude noisey italians,all the entertainment on the beach was in italian,the entertainment theatre was in italian,so if there are any british tourists thinking of going to this resort ,it looks attractive on first impression but it certainly is very biased towards the italians and spoiled our well earned holiday.Its back to cancun/carribean for us me thinks."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of July 2005

Exceeded my expectations!!!

"I loved the hotel, It is by far one of the nicest hotels in Sharm. The location is perfect and only its reef worths the five hour flight!!!
I just would give two advices before going there: Include inmodium in your checklist (believe me, I normally eat any kind of food without any problem, but there is something there that makes you go to the toilet more than usual, he!!). The second and most important is that under ANY circumstance NEVER use the INTERNATIONAL CALLS NUMBER, the one which charges to your CREDIT CARD and that is on the telephone of the rooms and advertised everywhere. It is preferable to pay the £5.50 per minute that the hotel charges, than £25 that the f...n company charges for the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck in your holidays and enjoy that wonderful hotel!!!

PS. Smoke shisha as much as you can, it's included!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

amazing holiday..............

"Wow - what a fantastic holiday - have just got back (9th June) from Sharm and I am desperate to go back. I seriously recommend this hotel - the food was good, staff so friendly and plenty to do. During the day we usually went to the columbo pool - more for the English (try not to get beds near the speakers though!), need to get there by 10am really to get beds - I did Yoga overlooking the sea, water polo, aqua aerobics - but the pool is huge so none of this gets in your way if you just wanna swim, the international Animation team are so lovely - all really friendly and speak english. The Grill restaurant was the best (just down from this pool) and the beach is just down from there so is all in close range of eachother so I tended to pop to the beach on the afternoon for a spot of snorkelling. I would suggest buying a snorkle here first and taking it with you cause I payed £33 for one that prob would have cost half in england - but if you do get it there get the Italian makes - any probs though and they are happy to exchange them. We honestly didn't need to leave the resort - it had everything you need, but we went into Naama bay twice in the evenings- Hard Rock Cafe was great fun and really cheap, and then drinks in the little budda (across the road) definately the best bar/restaurant there! With great cocktails which were so nice after a serious lack of nice booze at the hotel (thats its only downfall - I just ended up drinking rum and coke - it tasted the best, but the beer is okay too, no risk of getting drunk thats for sure!) There is sprite/ coke/ fanta etc free flowing and a bottle of mineral water was 2 euros (which you pay on departure). I recommend having a massage they are really cheap and soooooo good - have it in the wellness centre though where its cool and relaxing (or you can have it on the beach or by the pool). anyway - I could go on and on but just take it from me - this place is lovely! If you are going to do a dive do it with Aquarius Diving (they come to the hotel on your welcome meeting). They were really professional etc. good luck and happy hols. ps - i'd take egyptian pounds, english pounds and Euros if I went again (not US dollor), also try to get in the newer rooms cause they are loads nicer than the older ones (ours was 653 and needed a refurb! the 300's are nice)"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of June 2005

If you want snorkelling this is the place

"Just returned from a faboulous weeks stay at the reef oasis. Before we went I was really puzzled by the mixed ratings this hotel gets but can now shed a bit of light. Firstly the reef is wonderful, which is why most people are at the hotel. The hotel is large and sprawling, we booked on the internet and used the savings to upgrade to a better room, which turned out to be a good decision, we overlooked the Columbo pool and sea and were away from the sprawl. There were at least 5 pools, we found the Columbo most convenient and it had a bar ( not all the others did). The pool staff were great and always found you a sun bed, finding shade was more difficult, every day was in the low 90's. We mainly used the Grill restaurant at peak times it was crowded, so we always left eating till late and every meal we managed to get a table overlooking the bay. The food was varied (e.g. 2 choices of fish, 3 choices of meat, 3 choices of pasta for each meal) but like all holidays often gets tedious, especially for my wife and daughter who are vegetarian and survived on pasta and salads. Yes the food was not piping hot but i've rarely been to a hotel where the buffet is hot. Sun beds did get booked on the beach early but even so, if you went down after ten you could still get a bed. We only went to one show which was the Oriental show, which again we thought was better than the average hotel entertainment. As for the previous comments about the Italiens, I must have missed something. We found most of the cliental pleasent and it was nice to mix with all nationalities, where else would you find Italiens, Spanish, French, Germans, Brits, Russians, Poles and many more in one place. The animation team around the Columbo Pool certainly spoke good English and included everyone in the activities (if they wanted). All in all a lovely week of snorkelling made better by upgrading the room and not eating at peak time."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of June 2005

Most Excellent Hotel

"We are a uk family living in surrey and have travelled to various destinations including Caribbean staying All Inclusive in so called 4*/5*. In our opinion the Reef Oasis has everything you need for a fantastic holiday; excellent facilities, excellent rooms with effective aircon, lovely pools, lovely beach with tremendous/superb snorkelling. no litter anywhere. The landscaping and architecture is sympathetic and intricate, the buildings are at most 2 storeys and are very pleasing to the eye with a classical Egyptian turrety/castle look, (if you like huge modern hotel structures/skyscrapers then get ye to Dubai or somewhere else)!

We have been bored in the past on AI after a few days with repetitive menu but here the food was excellent; excellent pastries and fresh yoghurt/fruit for breakfasts, drinkable tea/coffee (hot food including omelettes etc also available if that is your thing), great Italian pizzas etc in the Grill and hot snacks including kebabs etc down at the beach restaurant, lovely live BBQs in the Main restaurant most evenings. In the main very friendly helpful staff (a tip to the right people helps secure sunbeds/prompt waiter service etc!). Beer constantly flowing (but in small glasses only), red wine ok, white wine !!!???, local spirits passable, coke/lemonade is the real thing (or at least tastes like it).

I do not understand previous comments about the standard of this hotel. Accept that if you can afford and require true 5 star service you should not even be considering going All Inclusive (it is a contradiction in terms)!

Ok there are more Italians than Brits but that did not bother us at all (they behave much better than the majority of Brits in my opinion). Excellent kids club for our 3 and 5 yr old girls plus aqua aerobics etc for adults, ok the main focus on entertainment is for Italians but there is still evening stuff for the Brits.

Only negatives in my opinion and nothing to do with the hotel are; 1) only venture outside of the hotel into Naama Bay etc if you like being ripped off by the taxi drivers, appreciate driving around in unsafe vehicles at high speed (particularly the blue and white taxis), 2) have the patience to put up with endless hassling to buy stuff from the locals 3) appreciate >40deg of relentless heat all day (next time we will go at a cooler time of year) 4) happy to spend a day or so running to the toilets (actually I was ok but rest of my family not so). My personal theory (probably bollocks) is that my love of hot chilli condiments keeps everything in order (you tend not to see our Asian friends suffering with a similar plight)!!

The smorkelling is wonderful (has to be seen to be believed - obviously!) due to the coral reef off the beach, there is even a pontoon that you can snorkel off for those who are not the strongest of swimmers. You can tell the snorkelling is good because numerous other boats turn up to snorkel(people not the boats); however this is not too much of a problem since they have to stay a set distance offshore.

In conclusion this represents the best value and most enjoyable AI holiday we have ever been on and we would definitely come back to this hotel but probably at a cooler time of the year!"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of June 2005

fantastic reef for snorkling

"Just returned from a weeks holiday at reef oasis. The hotel staff were 1st class and very friendly to the british. Haven read some of the reviews before leaving I was aprehensive on what to expect. This was the biggest hotel I have stayed in Egypt and having gone for a chilled week with my partner I would not stay again. . Most of the guests were Italian followed by Russians and Germans. Yes everybody has a coloured band the Britis been Blue, good idea for the hotel staff to know but the Italians always got preferential teatment. The animation team did not talk to you unless you were Italian. The hotel grounds were lovely (although some building work still going on) what little entertainment was on all yes in Italian. Our room faced the Coral pool I saw people putting their towels down at 6.45am, You will need to be on the beach before 10.00 as the beach chairs go very quickly and you need to be under the shade because of the heat.There are jellyfish in the sea but they are harmless but if you go in at the end of the jetty there are hardley any. The food was average but given the number of Italians the pasta, pizza were well above average.
There are a number of trips we went to the Arabian night in the desert this was the best night we had. (make sure you go) The location of the hotel was superb been on the coral reef and alough i would rate the hotel as 3/4 star I saw a lot worse hotels. You have to see beyond the loud rude Italians and not let them spoil your holiday"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of June 2005

So long and thanks for all the fish

"We recently returned from a week at the 'Reef Oasis' in Sharm, and if, like us, you're looking for lots of excellent snorkelling, then this is the place to go.
The location, sheltered by the headland of Ras Um El Sid is probably the best in Sharm, with a private beach complete with large coral reef accessible from it's own jetty. Don't miss the floodlit jetty at night! All much better than N'aama Bay, which is mainly a coral free zone with little marine life.
The standard of accommodation, food and service at the Oasis were all extremely high, and it's attractive gardens and pools are scrupulously maintained. It is an 'all-inclusive' hotel, we were completely satisfied with the quality and quantity of everything on offer. The staff were very attentive and a little 'baksheesh', say 50p (E£5.00), does wonders. We are a retired couple, but the families we saw seemed equally happy with the facilities. It is very International, Italians, Germans, Russians, etc. Hotel phone is unbelievably expensive, take your mobile.
Don't miss a trip to the 'Fantasia' entertainment and shopping centre only a few minutes walk from the hotel. Great illuminations for an after dinner stroll. If you like the sea life, then take an all day snorkelling boat trip to Ras Mohammed for an unforgettable experience.
Visa only required if leaving Sharm area.
In late May '05, any remaining building work was in no way intrusive to us. Elsewhere, a lot of Sharm is a building site!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2005

excellent hotel but very impersonal

"Huge hotel in very large grounds with several swimming pools but it is filled with mainly italians and the activities on the beach and entertainment is in italian and they don't even bother to come to you if you are not. You have to wear wrist bands so everyone can identify you by the different colours.The sea and snorkelling were great but the reef is very popular with other boat companies and we counted 23 boats one day moored out just off the shore snorkelling which sometimes makes it very crowded.The 3 restaraunts are very similar food which can get boring but as I was very ill after 3 days with sickness etc and after having the doctor, it did not bother me.The rooms are adequate and are cleaned regularly but I would say this hotel is only a 3 star. I would go back but not to this hotel, I would try a smaller one."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of May 2005

Don't worry, it's fantastic!

Good

"Despite what some of the reviews say, we thought this hotel was fantastic! Agreed, it's more of a 4 star (the rooms let it down slightly and bottled water isn't free), and there are more Italians and Germans than anything else. You're branded so you know who's who - blue for the Brits! For this reason kids may get bored of the entertainment, but you can make of it what you want, as with anywhere.

The place is huge with loads of pools and lovely places to eat and drink all day. The Italian and Grill are really nice at night, and cater for all tastes. We liked th Piazza bar where they had a 'pit' you could lie in whilst drinking and smoking a pipe! Beach is beautiful, with a long jetty you can snorkel off, or walk along at night to see the fish.

We loved our holiday here and would definately go back.

Oh, they prefer English Pounds so don't bother changing currency, and there's a local supermarket selling water for 15p and cigs for under £1 so don't buy these in the hotel!"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of May 2005

Just got back Aug 2011 - Never Again

"Nice clean hotel, waiters couldn't do enough for you. Food let it down, seemed to be the same every day/night very bland, salad not fresh, flies on everything. Loose tiles on floors outside - very dangerous.
Our room key (magnetic) didn't work 5 times which was extremely annoying when you had been on a trip or out for tea and all you want is to come back to your room to the air conditioning. Well away from reception - sick of trailing back and forth with new keys which also didn't work - reception staff not helpful and took their time sorting out the problem. Even though we kept telling them it will happen again all they did was change batterya and say sorry. Gave us change in US dollars - why??? Our rep couldn't be bothered either - cancelled our welcome meeting twice, could never get hold of him. Will not go back to this hotel - definitely not 5 star!"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of August 2011

AMAZING HOLIDAY!!

"Well what can I say we have been to Reef Oasis hotel 3 times now and every time it gets better. Amazing holiday. Our first room was fine but on our second week asked to move to the new block of rooms which was beautiful a room for us and a room for the children, was a few steps to the pool that was bliss guarenteed beds by any of the pools. It was so large there was no getting up at stupid o'clock to put towels down to reserve a bed! A little tip is to get friendly with the pool guys who will do anything for you get you nice covers for the sunbeds. Plenty there for the children, kids clubs that are run by some amazing people outside parks and now a water park with slides and a food bar very nice. The food there has enough to offer for anybody! I think there are 6 bbq's outside main dininh hall food cooked fresh a wide selection of meats fish breads salads kids food is a little poor but mine seamed ok by what they ate! Evening entertainment was good, mini disco that my little girl loved and joined in with every night my older son 9 was a little old to join in I think! After mini disco the team did shows which were good, karaoke and some egyptian night entertainment too also very good. The staff were wonderful couldnt do enough for you (especially the annimation team who made my kids holiday and who I cant thank enough made some special friends with them)only thing is it ended a little early and moved on to adult disco in a club in the complex, so not much going on after half 10, but we were ok with it really. Overall an AMAZING holiday and cant wait to go back again!! :)"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of January 2010

Hotels near Reef Oasis Beach Resort

Stayed at Reef Oasis Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Reef Oasis Beach Resort

• rach by rach

"so and see 4 your self you will love it "

• loneill8 by loneill8

"Definalty worth visting the Pyrmids!! Amazing is all i can say "

• steve&kelly by steve&kelly

"beautiful place worth a holiday! "

Reef Oasis Beach Resort is also called