This hotel is now closed.

Ramada Plaza

33 Mohamed Mazhar St Zamalek , Sharm El Sheikh , Egypt , Africa

Hotels near Ramada Plaza

Good

nice hotel and nice service

Reviewed Mon 9th of April 2012

"my husband booked our surprise honey moon to egypt and we stayed at the royal plaza nov 2010, we both were very happy with the service and respect we recieved. We had tea delivered to our room and staff were very attending and useful, they respected our wishes that we didnt want a early room clean as we used to come back late and sleep till late. We really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning we used to wake up at 7am just for the breakfast and go back to bed. We are thinking of going back to egypt this year i.a. and will be definately going to stay at the royal plaza. We always talk about egypt and miss the time spent there and the hotel. Thank you royal plaza for making our holiday special and complete."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of April 2012

not bad / bar needs to be looked at

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"my partner and i satyed at this hotel for 10 days around the xmas. on arrival we were greeted warmly and taken to our suite which at first looked ok but had no outdoor balcony we then asked to see another suite which we did and liked very much. a VERY large room with a massive bed lovely bathroom wuite which was clean and all marble dressing arear for myself and partner also lovely big balcony that we could sit out when not at the beach. We did not have a stocked mini fridge and we did not have tea/coffee facilites as requested when we asked for this we were told that the bar down stairs contained the drinks and to use their. for the tea we could order from room ervice for anotjer charge. we refused this as we had already paid for an all inclusive holiday.
the food was not too bad breakfast a bit reapative lunch was interesting sometimes dinner a little bit of a let down but on the whole you could eat it. always best tyo get there early lots of lovely breads and cakes tthough.
xmas eve we were all offered coffe/tea facilites andU thought that it was because of the xmas but on talking to the deputy manager we discovered that it should have been provided sooner(new facilties had to be bought and installed) we felt that we should have been compensated with something at least for the inconvience of the last four days.
on the whole the staff are quite helpful the resturant staff two in particulr that is ahmed and akram very helpful and entertaining young men. who nothing could have been too much trouble. we found that the bar staff did not know hoe to make a cocktail off any type the beer was always quite flat along with the coke which was off putting. the red wine was not nice/ white wine a lot better which meant the white wine was always running out. you always had to sign for your drinks in though you were all inclusie and some times you were asked to sign for things that you did not have.
on the whole not a bad hotel deputy manager is trying very hard to bring it up to stanards and is very approachable wehen you had a probelm which we did no our last day but was easily and quickley resolved.
the hotel for me lacks entertainment which it could have done with as we were happy to stay in at times but nothing to do except to stare at a big screen in a smoky reception bar.
it also lacks daytime actives what was on offer is very poor and you can not get excited in the least. you are bothered a lot by the spa people for treatment and i am sure that they are very good but the prices are far too high can get cheaper back in england.
apart form that the hotel is in a prime location minuteswalk to naaamba bay. the hotel is also very clean and modern it does cater for the disbaled and the staff are very friendly.
my husband and i was on our honeymoon this was not really catered for although it was mention by a resturant staff.

Just one small hiccup the person that clean our roomsd liked to surprise us with display with towels which was fine but not when he was using my nail polish to draw a face on the toilet roll or to use my hat to make a display of a baby on my bed"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of January 2011

vast improvement

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"we had stayed here 2yrs ago,it was a bit neglected,but hey Rod what a transformation!
we stayed for a week from 23/12 and could not wait to see what you had done,the roof terrece now all cleaned and in full use again great. The rooms had dressing gowns & slippers much appreciated,& tea & coffeee facilities with complimentary bottles of water every day too.
we both love the food because its traditionally egyptian and a varied choice although might suggest that lids are used to keep food hotter as for some nights some food was cold, we didn't complain but we saw guests who did and they seemed to be frowned on by the staff - after all its better to be advised of this then have people eating cold food or just not eating there i would of thought!.
all in all the holiday was great and yes i hope to stay there again.
well done to all staff for an excellent and relaxing stay.
julie & tony -Preston- lancs"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of January 2011

Lovely hotel...needs work on service!

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"My partner and I have just returned from 10 lovely days in Sharm. After being transferred to the Ramada Plaza, we found the hotel very welcoming. The Reception team worked hard to ensure that we were happy with our room and clearly stated what was avaiable to us at the hotel. We had a wonderful room which was kept spotlessly clean(super jobs from the cleaners. Fresh towls were brought daily to our room with tea and coffee always available!!!!! We were lucky to get a room at the poolside, with a balcony which was lovely on a morning. A special mention for poolside barman(Syed) and Towel boy/pool cleaner; they both made our stay very enjoyable and offered us a perfect service. THANK YOU!!! I said the hotel needed work on a few services. The bar staff in the 'lounge bar' were appauling rude and it often felt that we were being interegated each time we ordered a drink-signing each time... a better system is needed here. Where to begin with the entertainment staff??? These people seem to be getting paid for sitting and talking amongst themselves, talking to those they 'liked' and actually NOT entertaining. Evening entertainment was poor and sometimes non existant. Do NOT book anything such as nights out with these people as the RIP YOU OFF!!!!!

As much for the moan; the hotel is perfectly clean, food is good and most of the staff are friendly. Do not go to this hotel if you want pure luxury but it is perfect for access to nearby naama bay and cheap taxi rides to aqua park, soho and old city."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of January 2011

poor hotel with poor service

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"went for new year hoping for a relaxing time but got anything but , arrived on the 29th dec to a indian buffet that never changed much for the next seven days apart from the name of the name of the buffet,could not get a drink of wine untill we had words with the manager , but after the all inclusive stopped at 11 you could get one if you paid about £50 for a bottle .all in all not a very good time at this hotel ."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of January 2011

Great bar staff.......

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"My husband and stayed for two weeks over Christmas and New Year, we had a lovely relaxing time despite the days rain. The new tea making facilities were a really nice touch. The staff gave the New Years party their all and I know that both us and the people we sat with had a wonderful time. The hotel itself as mentioned before have a few niggles to iron out but nothing that would encroach on your holiday enjoyment, yes the pool is cold but it is December and all other hotel pools are as well unless the brochures quote heated. The food sometimes not hot enough by British standards is plentiful and even the pickiest of people would never go hungry. My one true gripe is the entertainment team, they are useless they do very little work and I myself felt that the effort put in by the bar and restaurant staff for very little money is made a mockery off by the hotel by paying the "entertainers". I know little entertainment is the case in most hotels in Sharm but these are really taking the ..........
Finally I must pass on my regards to the hairdresser and her husband I had a lovely manicure and pedicure and massage well worth it and something the hotel should help the girl and her husband promote."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of January 2011

I will Be Back

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"I went to the Royal Plaza, (now renamed, Ramada Plaza) with mixed feelings based on previous reviews, however, my fears were quickly resolved and I enjoyed a very good holiday.The management is quickly assembling a very good team which is evident by the attitudes of the entire staff towards the guests, Yes there are one or two minor points which are still to be resolved, but, unlike many Hotel managers, the current manager (who is British !!) listens to the guests and where possible resolves any issues on the spot. the restaraunt is well staffed and the food is good, during my stay, all rooms were issued with tea and coffee making facilities, this was done within 24 hrs of comments made about them..I was there over Christmas and every effort was made to create the right atmosphere, for me, one of the major advantages of the hotel is that it is very disabled friendly, there are lifts to all floors, and ramps make access to all areas possible, there are also elevators for the more ambulant people as a disabled person myself, I found these points very important,and, would have no qualms about recommending this hotel to disabled people."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of December 2010

good but needs some basic stuff

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"basically good hotel, but lacks things like glasses for beer, buy some pint pots and stop the hassle, bizarre system of stock control, have one guy on every till who produces a triplicated receipt which you put your room number on even when you are fully inclusive, often ended up putting room number on for loads of stuff i never drank so seemed a waste of time, food okay but always warm rather than hot, and fish overcooked. guest a mixture of brits and dear god, russsians of ever flavour who were united in drinking alcohol and hating anybody who was from a different state, town etc, lot of the girls interested in posing and being sullen. good scrap between two of the enterntainment team added to interest but apparently lost them their jobs."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of December 2010

Good hotel

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"A good hotel. we had a room poolside, but many stairs to get there! The water in the pool is very cold! However, it was worth it to step out onto the patio and enjoy the sun. There is a shuttle bus to the beach which is okay even though the beach space is small. The water was so warm there!

The service was good even though the night we arrived they couldn't tell us what time dinner was! Also, half board does not include drink which includes tea and coffee!"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of December 2010

x a lent

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"spent 2 wks at ramada plaza just back cant fault rooms gud staff gud food it was our wedding anniversary they done sparkling wine, flowers , and a heart shaped cake it changed to the ramada while we there in our opinion it will get even better

paul / mo questa"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of December 2010

This hotel has everything you need.

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"I have just returned home today, 5th December after a week in this hotel. the staff were great and nothing was too much trouble for them. the food was the best i have had in an all inclusive hotel and the rooms were lovely. The roof top pool is realy nice with views over naama bay on one side the the south sinai moiuntains on the other. the sunrise and sunset are beautiful. I have read soem of the views and we are all entitled to our opinion but i would say dont think twice about booking the Hotel. Will be back next year for sure. Sue S. Liverpool."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of December 2010

Royal Plaza stay

Reviewed Mon 30th of August 2010

" Didn't get off to best of starts when we arrived at the hotel at half 4 in the morning. They couldn't find our reservation and we were arguing for about 5 minutes before a manager was called, who confirmed our booking. Then the cheeky reception guy said that my son was almost 14, and I would have to pay adult price for him. He isn't 14 for 2 more months and I refused to pay.
The hotel room itself was ok and the room keeping was fine.
The food at the hotel was not very good and basically the same everyday. The waiter service was pretty naff and they expected tips every time they bought us drinks to our table at dinner. The bar staff at the pools were miserable and it was like an effort to serve us. However, women seemed to get much better service from them.
If you can afford to, book a 5 star hotel and I can't recommend The Royal Plaza at all. Avoid!!

• Travel date: Sun 29th of August 2010

Hotels near Ramada Plaza

Top traveller tips for Ramada Plaza

• amzy.mo by amzy.mo

"best hotel to stay at as the shopping and food is easily accessible "

Ramada Plaza is also called