Poinciana Sharm Resort & Apartments

Om el Sid - Hill El Hadaba, Sharm El Sheikh 4545 Egypt

Good

Don't ever stay at this place!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"I have just got back from staying at this hotel with 11 members of my family, and we can all confirm that all the reviews are 100% accurate! this hotel is terrible - they do not understand the concept of all inclusive, they provide the same cold food everyday - which i dont even think is freshly cooked. it is no place for children and all the facilities advertised come at an extra price - even though you expect them to be included as you have paid to be all inclusive!!!!!!. You cant get a decent drink at the time you want one - the staff are dopey and refuse to even listen to what you have to say. The managers are beyond reasoning with and I can honestly say that this hotel ruined our holiday comlpetely, as well as about ten other families who were also staying there and complaining every day! Egypt is beautiful and there are hundreds of better hotels we could have stayed in - so please dont make the same mistake and go this one! it really is awful - and is definitely the worst hotel i have ever stayed in! They treat the half boarders like royalty but they just dont want to know anyone who is all inclusive - probably because they already have all your money and once you are out there you are stuck!"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2007

insult to injury

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"we stayed at this hotel for two weeks, although we found the rooms very pleasant we could not say this about anything else. The food at the hotel was terrible, very basic and nine times out ten it was bairly warm. The pool area was very large, but also very dangerous. On the first day at the hotel my six year old sister went to step into the pool and badly cut her leg on a rusty nail sticking out of the light fixtures in the water. We were given a free meal to compensate but nothing was done about the nails. Then just to make it worse on the second week my step dad stepped into the pool and sliced open his foot on yet another broken light that was floating ontop of the water. This made him unable to go on an already payed for trip to the local water park and needed hospital treatment when we returned home. The hotel did and said nothing on the matter.

Their was building work going on outside of our room. The workmen there constantly stared into the room leering and shouting making things like gettin changed a very un-comfortable experience considering the curtains did not close.

We did find most of the staff friendly and were always warmly welcomed at breakfast everymorning.

Narma bay is fantastic i highly recommend eating at hard rock cafe (especially if its your birthday), onions restaurant does a fantastic
piece of steak and sitting outside with your meal really gives that good holiday feeling.

the snorkelling is definatley worth ago, its like swimming in a fish tank its fabulous.

over all sharm el sheike is a fantastic place to go on holiday but i would never recomment this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of August 2007

Please read this review! Hotel from hell

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Please do not book this hotel its a complete nightmare! I was sceptical to read reviews believing you should go with an open mind, but let me tell you all the awful ones are actually true.
The staff were very rude and only cared about the paying customers, as we were all inclusive we were treated like outcast and made to feel like we were begging for a measly cup of water which in that weather was just ridiculous and at one point the barman told us to "slow down" our drinking which wasnt at all excessive. There was a shortage of entertainment only a dark small "disco" where the staff were very rude to you until 11pm came which meant all inclusive people had to pay for their drinks then you saw a completely different side to them. You get bothered alot by the pool staff, ladies beware they are extremely slimy and unprofessional, taking any opportunity to feel you up.

The food was probably the worst i had ever tasted it was buffet style and the same thing every day left out for hours and cold and left me and my partner with horribly upset stomachs that we are still trying to get over. If you have children bear in mind there is nothing for them and actually two families and one couple moved to another hotel as it was so poor! I have to say this hotel and the attitude of the employees really spoilt my holiday, i have never been so happy to come home."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of August 2007

friendly and welcoming hotel

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"We really enjoyed our stay here and found this a lovely relaxing holiday. Room was excellent, very clean, and well looked after. Fontana restaurant had always good selection of food and the staff here were fantastic, really looked after us well. We enjoyed lazy time at poolside beside Laguna bar, where, snacks were supplied all day if wanted and were good quality and served by good humoured staff. The pool staff were first class and also looked after us very well indeed, clean fresh towels each day, and lots of queries if we were okay , but not overpowering, always happy and answered all questions with a smile. Reception staff always friendly and responded well when asked anything. We went on a couple of trips whilst there and reckoned they were great value for money, and well organised. Have stayed in Egypt before and had a great time, this was just as good, and probably friendlier. Give this place a chance well worth a visit."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of July 2007

great people, graet hotel

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"we stayed here , and was amazed at the room we had it was facing the big pool,room was massive, had our air con too.food was ok , but the security was a big issue i was staying here for 2 weeks and asked me in the 2nd week to check my bag at the gate my bag was ony a tiny one , entertainment was poor , but good on the 1st week , we had aqua arobics for a week and was good , pool boy abraham was very good he keep our place every morning and always asking if were ok,
in the morning we d go for our breakfast and was well looked after off ashfam he was great and usually went to see him in the new swimming pool too , he was great, all im saying is yes i would go back there again and reading some of these reviews i was scared stiff going but u have to go ya sel to find out how it is .in wispers bar you have mostafa he is brill and very polite, couldnt fault him , knew wat we wanted straight away and alway s smiling,"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of July 2007

lovelly hotel pity about the pool boy

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I stayed at Creative in June/July this year. I was a lone traveller and wanted some peace and quiet. My room at the hotel was fabulous - had a lovelly terrace leading onto the garden with a sea view. My room boy was very nice and made towel sculptures in my roomm and put flowers there also.

The main pool area was noisy with lots of kids, but this good for some people. However, there is a second pool - fabulous. As soon as I saw it I knew I would spend most of my time there. Swim up bar, view of sea, nice breaze, lovelly staff ......... except for TAHER the pool boy. Very friendly and put my towel on the sun bed every day. Gave him tip of £5 first day, but this was obviously not enough for him. Throughout my 2 weeks he hasseled me to go outside shopping with him (he could get best price), go for coffee with him, etc. I said no. Sooooo, he then asked about my family, my son, how much money I earned, how much money I had in the bank, really this was becoming tiresome and I did not want to discuss my finances. He kept telling me how poor he was.

He then said he would bring me a gift for my son as his friend. I told him he was not my son's friend and I did not want anything - he was obviously hoping for more money. By middle of second week I had sob story about his friend and he blatantly asked me if I would give money for his friend as he knew I had a big heart. That was it. Then he kept asking me why I smoke so much, why I did not swim to pool bar and talk to everyone, why did i read my book all day. He came very close to a punch.

However, eveyone else at the resort fabulous. Food was very good. The only drawback for all-inclusive was you had to pay for snacks at the pool bar. And at the second pool bar you had to pay for drinks. This was not a problem, I usually had a large bottle of water for 70p and the barman brought it to my sunbed in a bucket of ice.

The resort has 2 beaches, Diamond Beach for snorkelling and Mexicana Beach for children and swimming. Yes you had to pay for drinks and food there. At Mexicana, however, the drinks and food all £1.

I would definitely return to this hotel, but will avoid anything to do with TAHER."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007

Good Hotel

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"This hotel was good but not fantastic,we got the deal really cheap on otbeach.com. The room was excellent,large,with air conditioning definate 4*.Also the pool area was very good 4*. The bad points are as follows,the upstairs disco bar has no music infact nothing at all we were often the only people in,except for the barman, not even 1*!!! The food was good although rather repetative rice potato salad chicken was a definate for every meal 2-3*. If you want to go out the hotel you can by free bus every hour outside reception which was superb going to narma bay as well as the beaches. All the trips to swim with dolphins-£60 each, quads in dessert-£50 each are on the reception wall with all the necessary info. WARNING do not go out the hotel over the road there is a line of so called GIFT shops do not go in or speak to them outside how ever nice they seem to be,they sometimes lock you in their shop until you agree to buy something!!! We got ripped off with the taxi from the airport,it should have been 80ep(£8) he charged us 250ep(£25),always ask how much before you get in.On the whole 7 days was long enough it was a fantastic holiday.with a good hotel"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of April 2007

wonderful villa

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We stayed the last 3 nights of our 14 night holiday in Creative Grand Sharm and kicked ourselves that we didn't find it sooner. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom, kitchen, large living room with dining table and balcony for £100 per night in Easter holidays.

The villa was very well appointed (2 televisions, deep freeze, hairdryer etc). The villa overlooked the smaller and quieter pool which was never very busy. The swim up pool bar was staffed by one man who did all the work and another who just sat all day and directed any requests to his co-worker. We ordered lunch from this bar, but the barman had to go to the main pool to get it, which did result sometimes in a luke warm meal.

The management are obviously spending alot of time upgrading the facilities - while we were there they totally overhauled the childrens play area, then re roofed the sunshades and our villa had the unmistakable smell of fresh paint when we arrived.

The air conditioning was the most efficient of the three places we stay (see reviews on Hilton Waterfalls and Hilton Sharks Bay).

We have taken the contact number of the Creative and will definitely be going back - in fact my husband was wondering how much it would be to buy our villa from them!!"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of April 2007

lovely hotel, great snokelling

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"The Creative Grand Sharm was a pretty looking resort and very well kept around the grounds, the room we was in was a 3/4 1 bedroom and we had everything we needed. It was not 5 star but it was nice and cosy, the cleaner came every day and was excellent, the general rule is usually you would give the cleaners a small tip each day, about a pound or 10 Egyptian pounds is fine.
We found the staff to be very friendly although most do not speak good English, the food was fine, again not 5 star but still very nice just the same, although if you are a person that prefers simple food, chips etc then maybe all inclusive is not for you, plenty of rice and pasta dishes and chicken and meats, done in their own way on the buffet, myself and my wife found it lovely, all a matter of taste really.
The resort has its own private beach although this is a little walk about 10 mins through the resort and the neighbouring Ibrotel Grand Sharm, there is a shuttle bus that goes about once an hour to the beach and a return, the shuttle bus also runs into namma bay ( the main town ) several times at night with returns up until midnight and also once during the day with a return to another larger beach ( we never went there ).
The beach has a floating walkway that takes you over the reef, supposedly one of the best reef areas in Sharm, and I can vouch for that as I did a fair bit of snorkelling there and it was truely amazing.
The resort has a large pool and both the pool and the surrounding areas were imaculate, the water in the pool was always crystal clear.
The restaurant is a buffet style, spacious and pleasant, and the upstairs disco bar is ok but very quiet when we was there and no real entertainment other than one friday evening they had an Egyptian night with Egyptian folk dancer and belly dancer, still very few people though."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of April 2007

What! No Disco !!!!!!!! At The Upstairs Disco ??????????????

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"my husband and i stayed at the creative grand sharm egypt on the 17th march2007 ,going through sharm airport was a nightmare as it is very small and a few planes came in at the same sort of time we landed at 8.30 and finally got to our hotel at 11pm that same evening which was only 20 mins away we waited ages for our coach then when we got on it we sat on there for half hour only to be told to get on another coach then off we went traveling to other hotels first and i think you startworring when you see people getting off at 5star 4 star then we were last thiking we going to end up in a tent in the desert we got to our hotel which was pretty nice our room was lovely two big beds each and huge balcony the cleaner was really nice made us flowers and swans out of our bath towels !! a lovely touch meals were ok nothing to rave about all inclusive is not what it seems though, i must say the staff are a lovely bunch the pool was below freezing the beach has.nt got any sand on it i think they have used it all in the bottles of sand you can buy " namma bay is a yes yes yes you can get a taxi anywhere outside there,s millions of them the egyptians are a great lot to be with they make you laugh and you will love them barter with them they love it !!!i would go back but stay in namma bay at a 5star all inclusive
but the area around the creative will be lovely come the summer they are working very hard to get things done"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of March 2007

dirty hotel

Reviewed Thu 22nd of July 2010

"just returned from grand sharm resort also known as other names creative been one we paid alot of money for our family holiday me my husband and our 12 year old daughter the hotel is dirty holes in walk ways manholes with no covers on filthy pools not cleaned in the 2 weeks we were there not even the bathing area rubbish left in bags especially in the bushes most of the umberallas are broken no air conditioning in the one bar you have upstairs not cleaned at all the food was terrible everything done on in spices had to fight to get anything plain which then became just chips last orders is 11 oclock and plastic glasses and warm beer the shorts excist of gin whiskey crap vodka and brown bicada if you sit down stairs in the one other bar you pay for drinks at all times then there cold and a full bottle no entertainment appart from once at eleven oclock when you pay for drinks and that lasted 20 minutes so called karaoke one singer when people wnted to sing they said it was time to put it away it was a joke my holiday company told me this hotel had no complaints but when we went to complail there was at least ten or more a day my advice would not to go unless you dont mind muck and rubbish everywere it hasnt put me of egypt the bar and restaurant staff work hard and are friendly but this hotel needs closing down and refubishing DONT GO if you do make sure your room is 300 and over there the cleanest below that are filthy and infestsd with bugs"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of July 2010

Great Value for Money

Reviewed Mon 13th of April 2009

"Going back in June 2009 and can't wait. It's not 5 star and doesn't claim to be. The rooms bars and restaurant are clean and the food whilst a little repetitive is ok. The pools are lovely and the staff helpful enough. The beach is nice and the shuttle service to Naama bay a bonus. If your really fussy and want to spend the holiday in a posh room, spend the extra and go somewhere else. If you want good basic accommodation that is value for money consider this one"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of April 2009

Hotels near Poinciana Sharm Resort & Apartments

Stayed at Poinciana Sharm Resort & Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Poinciana Sharm Resort & Apartments

• Hornby by Hornby

"It is a great place to chill out, however apart Naama bay, which is a small Blackpool, not a lot mor "

• Hornby by Hornby

"The pyramids were fantastic, but take the plain. Diving is amazing "

• juemeg by juemeg

"not what it says in the brochure change hotel "

Poinciana Sharm Resort & Apartments is also called