We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Partner Sunset

Om El Seid Cliff, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

very basic

"the one thing I can say about it is that the bedlinen was changed everyday and so were the towels.the bedrooms were vey basic but clean
The food was very basic and there was no choice especialy at breakfast at diner you had two choices but if you did not like any of them you could not have salad because there was no lettuce or anything like that.
The staff was very helpful especially in reception.
The pool was good.
The choice of spirits was 4in all
so allinclusive was a letdown especially what we got
would not stay there again"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of November 2007

avoid at all costs

"arrived on 2nd sept 2006, the place is a dump, we arrived and half the sign was missing from the hotel. everyone there was egyptian which is ok, until u try and sunbath and the muslim woman and men give u evils, the place is located no where near nama bay and we got transfered after one day to the halomy hotel which was amazin. it costs about an extra 20 to stay there and its well worth it. look at the reviews in comparison!"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of September 2006

Mixed Review!

Good

"We travelled with Xcel airways which we had read was infamous for its delays. We had to change airplanes at Manchester as the first one had technical difficulties, although we ended being delayed for only 30 minutes. The flight was comfortable - just your usual expensive drinks and snacks on board.
Arrived at Sunset Partner hotel late at night. We were initially happy with the look of the hotel but decided to explore the next day. ALL of the hotel staff are very friendly and can mostly speak good English. They brought a complementary snack to our room which consisted of stale bread and pasteries - these could also be found every morning for brekfast.
It was the next day that we were told that the hotel is an Egyptian hotel, meant for Egyptian residents. As a result, the food is nothing compared to our usual English grub and we had to eat out every night. Naama Bay is the best place to eat and is very cheap.
Our rep was from MedHolidays. His only job seemed to be to try to sell us excursions. We booked a trip to the water park although we were very angry when the coach didn't turn up to pick us up. As a result, I would advise people not to book trips with their rep but use the company 'Charm of Sharm' (check out their web-site) who did a good job of providing our transport from the airport.
The best place to get water when staying in this hotel is across the road in a supermarket where we payed about 25p for 2litres. BUT when going to the supermarket BEWARE of the men on the street who approach tourists and ask them to come into their shop and sign their guestbook. DO NOT go in - they sit you down, put a table in front of you so you cant get out, then they force you into buying things. Some of them got quite rude when we said no, but you need to be persistant and stand your ground. They do appear friendly at first, but be weary.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions concerning this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of August 2006

you get what you pay for!!

"We booked this holiday through teletext holidays and what a mistake the hotel was!!after reading the reviews already on trip advisor i was dreading our stay here and i was right to feel that way!!some of the staff were very friendly and helpful but others were mardy and never smiled!!the food at this hotel is worse than tarrible!!you can have eggs, omelates or stale bread or pastries and it doesnt get better for dinner!!they vary about one dish a night!!chicken, liver, pumpkin and rice. Everything is cooked in spices and there isnt any chips or english food in sight!! The puddings are just as bad!!the food at this hotel is like this because it is a egyptian hotel and most of its guests were arabic. We didnt even find this hotel clean, yer sure your rooms got cleaned everyday, but our sheets never got changed!!i had to ask for them to be done and when they did change our sheets they put on dirty ones with marks on them!!! There was mold on the tiles in the bathroom and a broken drain were the mossies came up!!We had clean towls everyday but that was about it!! There are 2 good things about this hotel, the pool is fantastic you can go in at any time and its great and you can always get a sunbed there was about 8 people at the most around the pool at any one time. The other good thing about this hotel is the massage guy he is fantastic and very cheap compared to england, his little hut is great, the glass bottles are amazing and the purfumes are cheap and they are not watered down like the other stores in namma bay!! Overall we had a good holiday as the resort of namma bay is fanatstic, the food outisde the hotel is great andis very cheap around 20 quid for 2 people to eat a decent meal with drinks!! We will be going back to sharm next year as it is amazing unlike teh hotel!!i would give this hotel 1 maybe 2 stars!!there are far better hotels than this one
!!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of July 2006

basic but clean

"Ok we arrived late on a saturday evening, My wife and I where greetd with a big smile and a nice wellcome, asked if we wanted twin or double rooms, we opted for double right outside the pool. The room was clean but basic only complaint was that the shower curtan did not reach down far enough, though it is a miner fault, staff where always keen to help and tipping was not a issue, but we left a generouse one for the room staff,
Out side was well maintained with staff always pottering around the gardens and pool area kepping it clean and tidy, a very enjoyable area. the pool side bar was ok but slow service,Meals in the restuarent where very simular each day, same style of cooking but differnt items, always rice, salad,soup and deserts.Drinks are not included in evening meal, but breakfast tea and coffee and juice are avaluble.
NOTE, Take a kettle as 1 is not supplied
My wife and I enjoyed the stay very much and will be returning agin next year with our teenage children."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of March 2006

hell hole

"We booked this holiday through Imperial Travel and med hotels work on their behalf. On arriving at the airport we were asked to pay our transfer charges of £16.00 even though we had already paid when booking, apparently our names were not on their list? When we finally arrived at the hotel after waiting over an hour at the airport we were so upset at the state of our room. We were led to a room down a short alley and once inside it looked like a prison cell. The toilet was leaking so we were forced to use the poolside toilet overnight and also we had no hot water. The light fitting in the doorway was hanging off the ceiling with wires showing and on trying to switch the fridge on I got a spark from the plug!! The dressing table was hanging off the wall also. I have never seen such disgusting food in my life. You had a choice of boiled eggs stale bread some kind of mashed up beans or an omelette made by a very miserable unclean looking chef. We were kept awake until 3am by the staff having a party outside our window and then they decided to put the music on n the restaurant (which was about 10 yards away from us) at 6am! When trying to complain to the staff they claim their English is not good. We contacted the rep the following morning from med hotels and after 8 long hours he got back to us saying we could move hotels but we had to pay an extra £161.00. We eventually moved so we didn’t ruin our holiday having to pay the money. We are currently trying to claim some back. On leaving the hotel their English was fantastic asking us for money as we are checking out after 11am and they then wanted to know what our complaint was. We never got a complaint form from the rep despite asking 3 times. All in all this hotel should be knocked down!! The hotel we moved to was St George and it was wonderful. It’s only been open about a month."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of February 2006

do not go

"we have just come back from sunset partners hotel this hotel was the worst hotel i have ever stayed at when we arrived the two rooms we had booked were not available so we were put in the presidential suite it was horrific,we pulled the sheets back on the beds to find dirty stained sheets with pubic hairs on them my wife and children just started crying the room stunk and was absolutly filthy. the restaruant was not much bigger than my kitchen the food was terrible served by dirty grubby looking chef could not bring our selfs to eat or drink there could not bere to stay ther for more than one night so had to fork out more money to move to a better hotel please do not make the same mistake as we did and go.take no notice of the other reviews on this hotel take my advice and please please do not go"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of January 2006

Friendly hotel but terrible food!

Good

"We booked the Sunset Hotel through Med Hotels and it was described as a 3 star hotel. When we arrived it looked a bit tacky on the outside. The hotel is located on a busy street and is about a 1/2 hour walk from the sea.

The staff were great, really friendly and accommodating. Our room was basic, but clean. The shower pressure was terrible, but the TV had 1 english sat channel we were able to watch.

Beware the food. Breakfast consisted of 1 choice of cereals, salad, stale pastries, chewy ham, made to order ommeletes, strange-looking beans and boiled eggs. The dinner consisted of yet more salad, an awful buffet selection served by sour-looking chefs and pastries. The food really let down the hotel.

The courtesy bus was free, as were towels. I found the hotel to be very intimate, and with the exception of the restauarant, a lovely place to stay. Expect european 2 star."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of January 2006

great holiday at the sunset partner

Good

"we booked this hotel through med hotels on the internet,by the time we reached the hotel late sunday 22.09.05 . we booked in and when we went though the entrance doors the pool lights were on and it looked fantastic. we opened the door at 131, to a lovely clean room. the staff are all fantastic people and are very helpfull. the breakfast and evening meals we found very good.there is a small pool side bar with very good snacks and drinks. you can also relax by the pool and take advantage of the in house massarging area. we took the bus daily to the beach at narma bay, and on returning to our room it was nice to see little towels shapes on the beds. the airconditoning was great and we had the sat tv. as the sun sets the veiw from the garden is fantastic looking towards the sinai mountains. we loved the holiday and cant wait to return in june 06. i completed my padi diving course out there. and wait for more. mr&mrs sword..."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of November 2005

Fantastic Hotel

"First impressions outside hotel were" where the hell have we come" as from the outside it looks a bit rough round the edges.But once we had walked through reception big smiles appeared on our faces and the race was on to get into the inviting pool. Our room service was excellant and every day fresh flowers and towel art left on the beds. We found the staff very friendly and helpful and all seemed eager to learn and understand the english language. The resturant provided good food that we really enjoyed even my husband eat really well being a vegetarian. We would like to give special thanks to all staff as they work long hours for little pay yet have big smiles for you and nothing to much troble. The egyption people are the best race i have ever met. If you have complaints about a member of staff be sure they will be out of a job if you complain about them.We hope to return to Sunset for Christmas."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

Perfect for divers & brave individuals

"Good value for the money. B&B is the best basis. Room was clean(dead rat was removed efficiently over the balcony).Rooms at the back 300's please avoid. Lunch was the best option of food, but food wasnt so bad as reviews state. I think that most travellers expectations are too high & after working in the travel industry I can honestly say this place is unique. Ok, the staff need training or better opportunities at a better hotel with more facilities, but look on the bright side..Egypt has so much to offer, your hotel is just somewhere to sleep! www.sinaiscuba.com the dive centre at the hotel was fantastic. All staff, bar, reception, waiters & the Bar manager were friendly & helpful. As a single traveller wanting to do diving this place was excellant & location isn't a problem as the dive centre is attached to the sunset & their snorkelling is cheaper than the reps!..I will return to the sunset & will enjoy my holiday & Egypt as it's a great place! The sunset made me laugh, it is Egypts own Fawlty Towers! "

• Travel date: Wed 10th of February 2010

Do Not Book This Hotel!

"On arrival to the hotel it looked ok-ish from the outside, then expecting to be walking through a grand reception area was far from, the receptionist was helful and took our luggage to the room which he said we had 'special' room. I think English meaning of 'special' and Egyptian meaning of 'special' is different! With one bright orange wall was abit sore to the eye, the furniture had seen better days and the patio door was very tempermental to shut properly which dont make you feel very safe at night. Also when my friend lay on the bed it had broke and its not as if shes fat with only weighing 8 stone!

The bathroom was basic, sink, toilet and a shower which was a nightmare, either being too hot or too cold and it was tricking out like rain.
You could also hear other people from the room next door whilst in the bathroom which didnt help for privacy.

We only went bed and breakfast because thats all what was available when booking as we only booked 3 days before going, Im so glad it was only B&B because I would have been gutted if we went All Inclusive.
The restaurant was dirty with egg shells on the floor from the chef cooking omlettes, very basic breakfast, great if you love bread! I asked for plain omlettes and everytime I had peppers in it, I gave up in the end with trying to explain what I wanted.

The pool area was fine nothing really to complain about only the fact that some of the egyptian men appear to like having abit of an eyeful, really annoying when your trying to relax and a man also comes round asking if you want a newspaper from about a week before!

The staff were friendly, some do go out their way to help you but some of the receptionists are plain lazy, I went down and asked for more towels they said they would bring them up, I had to go back down a furthur 2 times to eventually get them.

We got a taxi into Naama Bay every night, I was abit wary at first with just being two girls but it was actually fine, as long as you get in a blue and white taxi you should be fine but make sure you agree the price beforehand, they tend to change their minds half way through the journey and put the price up but just say no and they agree. I dont know why they bother trying to haggle back because they always agree your price. We always payed 30 Egyptian pounds to Naama Bay.

Naama Bay has a good selection of restaurants, eating out is really cheap, service is always good, never had to complain about anything whist eating it out. The only thing that pissed me off in Naama bay was the men standing outside the bars trying to get you in and asking you the same questions, I dont know many times I must have said England last week!!

The trips were fantastic and really good vale for money. We went quad biking at sunset for about 2 and half hours for £10, The waterpark (Cleo Park) was £20 and you got a meal and a drink with that, lots of entertainment there or just chilling on the sun loungers.
Snorkelling at Ras Mohammed is really good, again £20 for the whole day with lunch included, make sure youve got tablets if you suffer from sea sickness! The instructors are very professional and are always around if you need them.

Overall a fantastic holiday its just the hotel spoilt it, I wish I had read the reviews before booking at Sunset Partner!!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of November 2008

Hotels near Partner Sunset

Stayed at Partner Sunset? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Partner Sunset

• carmex by carmex

"cheap,great for divers, or back packers "

Partner Sunset is also called