This was our first trip to Egypt & it wa...

Reviewed Thu 20th of April 2006

"This was our first trip to Egypt & it was absolutely fantastic! We paid extra for a premium room which was on the 3rd floor & had a sea view, although views from most balconies were of the pool & gardens which look lovely when lit up at night.

The accommodation was exceptionally clean & staff were the most friendly genuine people I have ever met. The maid service was usually twice daily & they even make your towels into shapes (swans, hearts even a crocodile!). The rooms were lovely & spacious & ours even had a fridge & safe.

The food is what you would expect from AI, is of a good standard but is on a weekly menu so if you get easily bored be prepared: I couldn't complain. Beer tastes like Stella, red wine is lovely although white & rose were a little dodgy! Cocktails were fantastic, the pina colladas were divine. The swim up bar is fab and occasionally provided bar snacks (included in the package) & bar staff were wonderful.

Entertainment is geared towards the Italians but if you are willing to join in the animation team are great, you can always take the hotel bus (about £1.50 return) to Naama Bay which will drop you off and pick you up in the centre.

The best thing about the red sea resort is the guaranteed weather, there has been no rain since 1996 (or something like that) & it was gloriously hot every day. If you are afraid of blazing sun and high temps beware of June to August.

The beach is across the road (approx 500m away) but there is a free venga bus which runs every 10 minutes or so. If you are nice to the driver he will even put some music on for you! The beach bar & food is great and they serve ice cream here & the snorkeling is amazing.

We flew to Cairo one day to see the pyramids & Cairo museum, this cost a lot (beware tour operators will try to skank you on the ex rate) approx £190, but was well worth it.

All in all i would say that Egypt is the best resort I have ever been to & we intend to go again this year. I would definitely stay in this hotel again."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of April 2006

We went on a weeks honeymoon it was fant...

Reviewed Mon 10th of April 2006

"We went on a weeks honeymoon it was fantastic, the people out there are so friendly and help full.

The hotel Golden resort was in my case one of the most fantastic I have ever stayed in they are there to help food great the accommodation 100% and the area really nice for walks at through the gardens which smelled heaven.

I will be going back later this year and hopefully in the years to come."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of April 2006