Palmyra Resort

Nabq Bay, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Middle of nowhere!!!

"Just came back from a weeks holiday, and it's a place that we will never go back to!!!!. The All Inclusive was the worst it's meant to be food and drink on tap NOT in this place the drinks are only between 10am and 12am, and the food is only available at meal times!!! Some of the staff were extremley rude, I had ordered a drink and the barman couldn't find the bottle opener so he used his mouth, stuck a straw in the bottle and expected me to drink it after he had spat all over the top of the bottle! disgusting!!!!
Yes there is a bus that runs every hour ish to the beach but to get into Naama Bay if you don't book it first thing in the morning you dont go, unless you pay for a taxi.
This holiday was our 1st wedding anniversary and we thought that we had booked a 4 star accomodation but it was no more than a 2 star!.
I would say only go there if you don't mind being in the middle of nowhere and your not fussed in what you stay in."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of July 2006

!!!! FAB PLACE !!!!

"Just returned from our 2nd stay at the Three Corners Palmyra this year, and booked to go there again in September.

Can't believe some peoples negative comments on here, they're obviously typical English who love to moan....

We had a fab time, went with 2 other girls and loved every minute of it, didn't want to come home for the second time!!
The Animation team (Titto, Tony, Sasha, Ngaty & Hiya) were excellent, had a rite laugh with them, they don't get enough credit for all the hard work the do..

Bar Staff were very friendly (swanky a legend), Reception staff were very helpful, housekeeping were great. Rooms were a nice size and clean.
Pool is massive, very clean and the animation team keep you entertained with their little dances and WATERPOLO..

The food was average, drink was free flowing so had a few messy night!!!
Naama Bay is lovely, Pizza Hut..FAB....

Recommend quad biking in the desert was great fun!

Can't wait for my 3rd visit in early September"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of July 2006

!!!Fabulous!!!

"I can't believe people have actually wrote bad reviews about this hotel? Me and my friend (both 21 years old) went and It is amazing and so beautiful!!! It's really clean and the staff are the most friendliest people ever! They can't do enough for you... Room service is brilliant and the rooms are HUGE!!!! The only downside i have to give (and it is my own fault anyway) is that im a really fussy eater and i just had chips and rice nearly every night but if i werent such a fussy eater the food would be great! There is a shoppin mall inside the hotel aswell and you can take a shuttle bus to the private beach where there is a bar with free drinks and snacks! We went on 3 trips - Cario, Saianai Nights and Snorkling @ Tiran Island... If you can't afford the trips, at least do the Saianai nights... i couldn't possibly fit how amazing it is in here but you have to experience it to believe it! Na'ama Bay isn't to far and there is also a shuttle bus to take you there and back which is known as Egypts little Vegas which is full of shops and nightlife... I could just carry on forever saying how fabulous the hotel and holiday is but you deffinatly have to go there. I'm booking to go back with my Sister the 31st August to the same hotel and everything and i've never done that before, because that's how nice it is! (and ive travelled everywhere!).... DEFFINATLY A MUST!! Luv Chelle x (Wish i could add my photo's but i haven't got them on this computer. If you want to see them, you could e-mail me at [email protected])"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of July 2006

Fabulous!

"My friend and i (both 21) have just got back from a week at the wonderful Three Corners Palmyra Resort!

After reading the reviews i was a little worried about going - but how anybody could find anything to moan about on this holiday i will never know! We had a brilliant time! Some people are just never satisfied!

The hotel was lovely, there is a huge swimming pool with lagoon area, plenty of sun loungers for all to use. I thought the pool bar was a great touch, it was lovely being able to jump into the pool to cool off then swim to get a drink!

All the grounds in the hotel are spotless and the staff would bend over backwards for you. They really made us feel welcome from the second we arrived.

I just have to tell you now - if you are planning on going on any trips then make sure you go on the camel ride through the desert (think its called the Arabian Nights trip or something like that!) once you are in the desert you get to eat food, dance with the Bedwins and listen to stories about how they live. Then about 15mins star gazing - its so relaxing. Honestly though, this trip is an amazing experience not to be missed!

The hotel is a short (free) shuttle bus ride from the beach - and id advise you buy some water shoes (only about £3.50 from the hotel) so that you can walk on the coral.

Na'ama bay is about a 15 min (free) shuttle bus ride away and that is where all the night life is. Definitely visit the Camel Bar, its great, and there is a relaxing terrace area upstairs too. We spent our last night in Pacha and had a wicked night.

Well, i could carry on telling you my stories all day! You just need to visit this place so you too can bore all your friends and family with stories like mine! x"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of July 2006

Fantastic Holiday!!!!

"I have just come back from a week in the Three Corners, and I had a great time. I went with three other girls, ages 22 - 25, and we spent the week relaxing and not doing much which was great. We had a great laugh and loved every minute.

The amination team made our holiday, they made the days fun and relaxing and the evenings a good laugh.

Yes there is a flight path above the hotel and you do hear the odd plane but it doesn't bother you really. Some people just love to moan thats all!!

The hotel is a little away from Namma Bay but with a shuttle bus that takes you there and back. I personally preferred to pay for a hotel taxi and the driver was very friendly who listened to Michael Bolton with was classic!
Be careful of taxi drivers at Namma Bay they are dodgy and love to toote their horns..

The hotel is close to the beach and Namma Bay but far away enough not to let them bother you if you don't want them to.

I have already booked to go back at the beginning of July, returning 3 weeks from when I came back the first time.

The food does get a bit samey but its not that bad to be honest. I don't go on holiday to moan about everything, and I don't expect things to be perfect. Was just nice to be away and relax. The hotel staff are very friendly and join in the fun.

I would go back and I am....

Don't listen to all the bad reviews - I note they were in the winter, with the sun blazing how could you possibly moan...xx"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of June 2006

Nice Place

Good

"We stayed in the 3 corners palmera in nov 2005, as a first visit to egypt we were not sure what to expect, we found the hotel a really nice relaxing place , the staff were all great you could do allsorts of activities if you wanted ie water polo table tennis ect .There was a lovely kids club, with plenty going on. there was a bus free of charge to take you down into the main shopping eating area NARMA BAY . thet would have a time to pick up again if needed, or you can get a taxi which are available cheeply but barter the price BEFORE you get in the car.
You had a mini bar in the room and there were plenty of bars with a good choice of drinks available i was pleased to find the soft drinks were all branded not the cheap muck you sometimes get in all inclusive hotels. i would love to go back to this hotel it is a nice relaxing holiday. However if you are looking for loads of night life and bouncing bars you would be better staying in narma bay."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of June 2006

Great hotel and staff - awfull food

"just got back from 2 glorious sun filled weeks in Sharm, staying at the Three Corners Palmyra resort. Overall the hotel is very clean, staff are very friendly and the pool areas are great. But one word of warning the food is awfull - no choice, the same thing every day
and no imagination. We paid for all inclusive but ended eating out in the town most nights
which kind of defeated the object of paying an all in one price. We didn't pay big bucks for a family of 4 - but next year when we return to the Red Sea going to save harder and go for a 5 Star nearer the town.

Overall the family and kids had a great time - just won't be staying at this hotel again.
I would give it a 3.5 Star as a hotel - and 1 Star for the food."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of June 2006

Great holiday!!1

Good

"I have just returned from a weeks holiday staying at the three corners Palmyra resort and I can offically say we had a GREAT TIME!. I also was quite concerned to go after reading the reviews on this site. I went as a party of four girls all aged twenty-one and we all had the perfect holiday. Although there is not that much to do directly around the resort the animation team help to keep you entertained during the day and evening with various games and activities. The food was ok! meals usually consisted of pasta, chips and various meats. The menu did not change greatly from day to day, but it was hot and there was lots of it! Beer, wine and bottled water was free whilst we were there and I can honestly say that during the whole week I only noticed three planes going over! The beach is about a ten minute walk, but there is a free shuttle that runs every half an hour. The sea is amazing, but it is really easy to slip on the coral and cut your feet. I strongly suggest taking water shoes! The rooms were spacious and clean and all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. It's a great place to stay at, although I do think two weeks might get a bit boring! Great place to go if you want to relax and get a really good tan!"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of May 2006

two star not four

"well what can i say about this hotel sorry to say not to good, food nwas wyy under standard for four star had the trots to. Rooms of a poor standard not cleaned properley.
Not a proper all inclusive holiday as stated local beers in bottle eg Stella and Sakara were cgarged at £2.50 a bottle even though they were local beers brought this to their attention nothing done, charge for fresh orange juices melons and so on this is not good enough for four star rating events during day such as darts and biules equipment terrible,. After all this found staff excellant could not do enough for you so I put problems down to Management not running the hotel properely if only they would listen to people Hotel could BE a Four Star not TWO STAR, sorry to say will not return to this hotel"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of May 2006

nice for the weather

"hi,
stayed at this hotel beginning of may, weather was fantastic, staff very nice and friendly. hotel clean and spacious rooms air conditioned which was great. food was just ok, and breakfast was awul, got sick of eggs after a week.

great place for a relaxing week of doing nothing. courtesy bus takes you to namma bay which i absolutely hated with a passion. too many lecherous folk trying to get you into their shops and once your there, your in for the duration. awful.

beware of flights going over. wasn't bothered during the day, cause was lying at the pool and the pool was lovely, but during the night was a nightmare, 3am 5am, you never knew when the next one would pass. big 4 engine jumbos that would wake the dead.

had the runs for 4 days, but got stuff from the chemist on site. overall would probalby go back to this hotel, if got same cheap deal and was my winter holiday as weather was brill. thanks"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of May 2006

Expensive Lesson

"My family stayed here 24/06-01/07, my son and I both had money stolen from the locked safes provided in our respective rooms, I lost £40, my 18 year old son who had paid £950 for him and his girlfriend to holiday here had £140 stolen. We stayed in rooms 6312 and 6320. The violation by a member of staff to break into our safes is disgusting. This hotel was full of Egyptians who we found out were offered cheap 4 day breaks to ensure full occupancy, however this resulted in a dire choice of food, grey grilled chicken drumsticks or a variation of beef dishes, which always tasted like stew. There is only one restaurant which advertises themed evening buffets but these never materialized. The rooms are shabby, dark, the bed bases dirty and faded and not particularly clean. The whole hotel has the appearance of being run down and is in desperate need of financial investment. There was little or no effort put into daytime animation, an animator would start water volleyball and would then disappear for an hour, the one exception being Sasha on the other pool. Bottled water is provided once only then you have to use water dispensers located around the hotel. The drought beer is watered down, the soft drinks out of bottles that soon get warm and flat. There is no jetty at the beach to use even though the hotel's official photos give that impression. This is my twelfth visit to Egypt and the first time I have experienced blatant theft from myself."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of July 2013

"The Hotel has the potential to be better than It is.Food not very nice not much selection.Rooms to me can be updated a little.Most of the guests are Russian and I found them to be quite rude.
Most of the staff were nice but a word of warning 2 of them Noaman and Mohammed appeared very nice and sweet but have a habit of charming female guests for tips and gifts and could be aggressive If they dont get what they want.
Overall this Hotel I would not like to visit again."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of February 2012

Hotels near Palmyra Resort

Stayed at Palmyra Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Palmyra Resort

• SUMMERTIME 2009 by SUMMERTIME 2009

"Try some of the local tavernas for a meal and drink "

• jumpywildjess by jumpywildjess

"its a wonderful place and look out for the mountings in the evning "

• gold14 by gold14

"dont go. go nicer hotel in naama bay etc hilton "

• rrhion oldfield by rrhion oldfield

"dont give into price HAGGLE "

• camel by camel

"Best tip is don't go, give the money to charity "

• Tatiana by Tatiana

"Buy drinks from duty free as the drinks served tastes watered down "

Palmyra Resort is also called