2 huge water slides

Good
2088 reviews

Expensive Lesson

Reviewed 2nd July 2013

"My family stayed here 24/06-01/07, my son and I both had money stolen from the locked safes provided in our respective rooms, I lost £40, my 18 year old son who had paid £950 for him and his girlfriend to holiday here had £140 stolen. We stayed in rooms 6312 and 6320. The violation by a member of staff to break into our safes is disgusting. This hotel was full of Egyptians who we found out were offered cheap 4 day breaks to ensure full occupancy, however this resulted in a dire choice of food, grey grilled chicken drumsticks or a variation of beef dishes, which always tasted like stew. There is only one restaurant which advertises themed evening buffets but these never materialized. The rooms are shabby, dark, the bed bases dirty and faded and not particularly clean. The whole hotel has the appearance of being run down and is in desperate need of financial investment. There was little or no effort put into daytime animation, an animator would start water volleyball and would then disappear for an hour, the one exception being Sasha on the other pool. Bottled water is provided once only then you have to use water dispensers located around the hotel. The drought beer is watered down, the soft drinks out of bottles that soon get warm and flat. There is no jetty at the beach to use even though the hotel's official photos give that impression. This is my twelfth visit to Egypt and the first time I have experienced blatant theft from myself."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2013

Reviewed 6th February 2012

"The Hotel has the potential to be better than It is.Food not very nice not much selection.Rooms to me can be updated a little.Most of the guests are Russian and I found them to be quite rude. Most of the staff were nice but a word of warning 2 of them Noaman and Mohammed appeared very nice and sweet but have a habit of charming female guests for tips and gifts and could be aggressive If they dont get what they want. Overall this Hotel I would not like to visit again."

• Travel date: 4th February 2012

A waste of money this is a 24 carat dump

Reviewed 15th November 2011

"This "complex" is directly under the flight path of Sharm El Sheikh Airport with multi-engined aircraft taking off and landing at 10 to 15 minute intervals, day and night and passing over this hotel at between 200-300 feet. The rooms are clean, but despite numerous requests the mini fridge was never stocked, no bottled water and basket of fruit appeared. The swimming pools are clean and warm, the pool towels should have been given to the local dogs home, they were filthy! Trying to get more than one toilet roll a day was impossible, so most folk resorted to stealing them from the public area loos, with predictable results. Food, a high proportion of the guests were having deliveries of Big Macs and KFC delivered to the hotel but had to eat them in the reception area as you couldn't take them back to your room to eat. If you wanted to eat in the Chinese, Japanese or Belgium restaurant which in total had a combined seating of 32, for a hotel with a 400 to 500 guests was unnacceptable, but what really capped it you had to book your seat before you left the UK!!!"

• Travel date: 14th November 2011

Amazing

Reviewed 14th April 2011

"i M ONLY 13 BUT me and my 4 other members in my family had the most amazing time looking at the bad reviews it sounded as though i went to a total diffenent the hotel was fabulous the animation team was lovely not going to name any names because i might miss someone out food was lovely staff were lovely room and hotel pools gardens entertainment were AMAZING !!! lovely and i would go again anytime :) "

• Travel date: 14th April 2011

Dirty hole

Reviewed 12th August 2010

"we visited this hotel for a week in July. The hotel is definately not a four star, it is run down and tired. the food was terrible, left overs from the evening meal was served for breakfast!! the staff were friendly, but the hotel did allow sales men to come into the hotel and they hassel you every minute of the day. BUT on day 5 of the holiday my husband became ill, he had a fever, vomitting and what we thought was the shaemm shuffle. he was ill for the rest of the week and spent the remainder of his holiday in bed. On returning to the UK he visited his GP, and after several tests he was diagnosed with a very infectious bacteria in his bowel... called shigella. Which is passed on from people going to the toliet and not washing their hands before they prepare food!!! faecal to oral contamination!!! this was definately contracted from the hotel. i have tried to contact the travel company who we booked with (Loe cost Holidays) and the hotel with no response. A week and half on my husband is still suffering. would definately recommend you pay the extra and stay in a 4+ or 5 star hotel when visiting Egypt. we will not be returning again in the near future."

• Travel date: 4th August 2010

Fantastic!

Reviewed 22nd July 2010

"I think the russians must have gone by the time we got there! we heard lots of horror stories about other hotels in Sharm but this was one of the best. Lots of pools with the amimation team keeping you busy. Choice of food, some nice ,some not but you get that in any hotel. I am a very fussy eater and found something I liked each mealtime Rooms basic but spotless. All the staff were courteous and friendly and couldnt do enough for you. My sons girlfriend was poorly (and not because of the food) and they made up a fresh plate of fruit each day for her. If you wanted a break from the hotel you could get the free bus into Naama Bay or the little place down the road we haggled the price down and it worked. All in all we had a great holiday and would stay at this hotel again"

• Travel date: 21st July 2010

very poor

Reviewed 12th March 2010

"this hotel is not 4 star more like 2. full of russians, food was slop cold and bland. entertainment was very poor 1 night of belly dancin wich you get charged 20 erous including meal which should have been included in all enclusive. out in middle of knowhere. free bus to narma beach. which is packed with rude ignorant russians. the hotel is basic and dull, rooms basic and dull. you get mithere to death about having photos took, massages day trips, mither round the pool. nothing to do at this hotel. dont beleieve the good reviews beleive me the food is horrible. anyone whos says its good as not obviously lived.staff friendly but of course they expect tips. the gym and sauna are not free. the night club is not included in all inclusive plus the other resteraunts are not in the package. and want 20 euros for set meals.. there taxis a rip off. the beach is basic . no snack bars etc."

• Travel date: 11th March 2010

A great hotel with lovely staff

Reviewed 22nd February 2010

"We stayed at the Palmyra Resort Hotel for two weeks in October 2009.It did look Egyptian unlike alot of the other Hotels in Sharm. We had a great time. The hotel had a great selection of pools. Our room was large clean and really nice.The hotel staff had realised we had a 2 year old with us and we got a really nice room in a quiet location of the resort. It was cleaned every day and the cleaner was lovely and always came back in the evening as by the time he got to our room it was aroud mid day and my 2 year old was having her nap. The staff were very friendly and helpful. the only problem we had was a light bulb going in the bathroom but this was reported to reception and before we arrived back to the room it was fixed. The food was ok mostly meat/fish rice/potatoes and salad selections, deserts were good. There was very little fresh fruit available which was suprising.After the first week the menu was repeated so was a bit boring however we were all inclusive so could have ordered different meals for a reasonable price if required.As far as I am aware the food was fine we certainly had no problems eg tummy bugs and my young daughter was generally happy with the all inclusive menu except for lack of fresh fruit. the childrens menu left alot to be desired eg hot dogs or pasta but that was it. The on sight Doctor was excellent unfortunately we had to see him due to a boating accident which required several stiches to a cut to the head. be warned if you decide to go paragliding locally the boats are very fast and there is nothing to hold on to|its easy to get thrown out of your seat and hit the side of the boat.All in all an excellent holiday and we would stay at this hotel again."

• Travel date: 17th February 2010

the animation team

Reviewed 23rd July 2009

"the animation team are wonderful so sweet and include games and dances for you at the the pool there's hiya, sasha and tito also tony there a wonderful team thy do games like darts, tabel tennis,tennis,water polo,water volloy ball,billard and many more "

• Travel date: 22nd July 2009

Can't Wait To Go Again

Reviewed 29th January 2009

"The hotel is spotlessy clean and the staff can't do enough for you. The management are easily approachable, customer service and good customer relations seem to be their goal. This break for us was on a budget and it far exceeded our expectations. My husband and I are a difficult pair to cater for because I am a vegetarian and my husband is a meat lover. We both gained weight on this holiday - we couldn't stop eating! There is so much food to choose from. The restaraunt staff can't do enough for you. If you mention a food or meal you'd like they do their upmost to ensure it's on the menu while you're there. The cleaners in the rooms work very hard and the sheets/towells are changed daily. Check out some of the towell models/designs each day on your bed! Sit back each day and relax in the lobby - a couple of glasses of wine go down a treat before a siesta! As soon as your glass is emptied another arrives on your table. We would advise any family who want an excellent holiday on budget prices to try this hotel. fantastic value!"

• Travel date: 28th January 2009

Honest Review of the Three Corners Palmyra

Reviewed 15th January 2009

"We went to this hotel on the 27th December 2008, and after many trips to Egypt we were very dissapointed with this hotel. The hotel was rated a 4 star, I would rate it no more than a 3 star. We arrived late at night, the reception staff were very nice and polite and out bags were taken to our room. The block we were in was a long walk from the reception area, however this was not a problem. On entering the room I realised there were no towels, I tried to phone reception but the phone didn't work, so I had a treck back to reception to ask for towels to be delivered. The room safe was in reception, which was not a problem but just a bit inconvenient. The whole week we were there the hot water ran brown through the taps. The whole hotel looked shabby and in need of decoration and new furniture. The food was awful, you get better hospital food! The omlettes were paper thin. At lunch/dinner the salad bar was very poor, plenty of green but no cold meats/cheeses available, no olives etc. The hot food was really poor, you generally got 2 choices of meat/fish. The chips were terrible and the veg very overcooked. Very poor choice for a 4 star. The soup was terrible, more like tasty dishwater. The cakes were the only thing that always looked good and tasted good. There was never any fresh fruit to take out, other than melon fruit salad and slices of orange.No bananas, apples, grapes etc... The New Years Eve Party was fantastic and I think all the food had been saved up for then, you had the choice of anything you could imagine, and more fruit than you could wish for. I can honestly say it was the best NY Eve Party I have ever been to. The general manager and his senior management team were great fun and we spent the night bombarding them with little balls that had been left on the table to throw at midnight! Great Fun! Our waiter was fantastic and he made sure the drinks kept flowing. The Pool area was good and the pools were cleaned everyday. The animation team worked extremely hard and were very friendly. The hotel staff were all very friendly. We had a nice week but it was a shame the hotel was not up to the same standards as the Three Corners St George (3 star)! that we stayed at in 2007. "

• Travel date: 14th January 2009

This hotel is not 4 star it is a 1 star....

Reviewed 29th August 2008

"This hotel is not 4 star it is a 1 star. I will give you a list of things wrong with this hotel. 1. The pools had tidemarks around them that the staff were trying to clean whilst you are in the pool. 2. The plants are watered using human waste fertilizer, this is sprayed whilst you are in the pool. As you can imagine it stinks and obviously won't be very good for your lungs. 3. Due to the spraying there were flies everywhere. On you, in your drinks, on your food etc etc. 4. The food is inedible, although the flies seemed to be enjoying it. We spent the majority of our holiday money on having Mcdonmalds delivered and buying pizzas. 5. On the whole the staff were really nice. But you could see they were getting annoyed as the hotel kept running out of bottled pop, water etc. You could see they were embarressed to be taking plate after plate of food away for throwing. 6, The reception staff were not concerned when my camera was stolen from my locked room. They insisted I must have lost it but my camera case had been stuffed with paper, how that got there I do not know. They insisted that their staff do not steal. Anyway my camera was not recovered. 7. You will get the dreaded tummy. It will cost you £30.00 for tablets from the chemist. I will add that having been home 6 days now our tummys are still not right. If you want a really bad holiday in a dirty hotel and want to spent a lot of your spends on food (and it is expensive) then come to this hotel. However I reccomend you avoid it like the plague."

• Travel date: 29th August 2008
  • ...

Hotels near Palmyra Amar El Zaman Aqua Park

Top traveller tips for Palmyra Amar El Zaman Aqua Park

• by camel

"Best tip is don't go, give the money to charity"

• by Tatiana

"Buy drinks from duty free as the drinks served tastes watered down"

• by rrhion oldfield

"dont give into price HAGGLE"

• by gold14

"dont go. go nicer hotel in naama bay etc hilton"

• by jumpywildjess

"its a wonderful place and look out for the mountings in the evning"

• by SUMMERTIME 2009

"Try some of the local tavernas for a meal and drink"

Palmyra Amar El Zaman Aqua Park is also called

• Three Corners Palmyra Resort
  • Three Corners Palmyra Resort Hotel
  • three corners palmyra hotel