Oriental Rivoli Hotel & SPA

Peace Road Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 375 Egypt

Good

Luxurious hotel with an intimate feeling

"Me and my friend stayed in Oriental Rivoli for one week, and i have to tell you, from the very first second we checked in, to the last moment checking out, we enjoyed our stay to the fullest. Hotel staff was polite, friendly and funny and made us feel very special. The staff was always joking and smiling and you could easily feel how relaxed the atmosphere was. This is for people who always complain about the service they get: just smile, and you will be smiled back!
First night we stayed in a smaller room with just one small window (we still loved the room, decoration was just awesome and the room was so different from the boring, unsurprising 3-4 star hotel rooms we had stayed in before. The room was simply beautiful.) The next day we got upgraded to a even nicer room with a balcony, and i must say that we couldn't have been more happy with our room!!
We were on a b&b basis, and thought that the breakfast was very nice and there was always new and exciting things to try. We accidentally missed breakfast one morning, and felt kinda sad because we liked the breakfast so much!! We always felt that it was safe to eat anything that was served, and didn't experience upset stomachs during our stay. But because the bacteria in Egypt is very different from what we are used to in Europe, I'd suggest everyone to take lactic acid bacteria pills (i hope that's the right word?) during the trip. If you get an upset stomach from the food you eat at the hotel, don't blame the hotel; I know they pay extra attention to cooking all the foods properly. We were prepared to the different bacteria and were just fine even though we ate almost anything that Sharm el Sheikh had to offer! :D
One thing that really surprised us positively, was that you get to borrow very nice, big and soft towels free of charge from the hotel and are allowed to take them where ever you are going during the day. So save room in your luggage and leave beach towels home!
Naama Bay is not too far away, you can easily walk there but if you feel like taking the taxi, we never payed more than 10LE (1,4€) / one way. There is a nice little super market (called 24/7) right outside the hotel. We bought our snacks, fruits, juice, water etc there. (don't bring any foods or drinks to the hotel, though! If you do, just don't let the staff to see your purchases. But remember, they're only protecting their guest from upset stomachs, which i think is wise) We also tried the Italian restaurant right outside the hotel, and liked the food.
The private beach is not the nicest one i have ever seen, but for snorkeling its ok. We took a taxi to Sharks Bay one day, and the snorkeling there was awesome!

We got this hotel for a bargain price through hotels4u.com, and could not have been more pleased with what we got. Me and my friend fell in love with this luxurious, unique, friendly and welcoming hotel and are already planning on going back."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of April 2009

I would stay there again !!!!

"I got a nice deal with my traval Agent with this Hotel with me knowing any thing about it !! but when I got there I was amazed with the Cleanliness and the Value but if you tend to go to Nema Bay evey day it will cost you 15 EP for each trip but if you are a Star Bucks persons it right there next to the Hotel. the food in the hotel was not bad. I didn't like the location of The Hotel Beach is was accross the road."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of April 2009

Very good value for your money

"I had an excellent vacation in Sharm, and the hotell lived up to my expectations. I had never been to Egypt before, so I was quite anxious to see what was in store for me. I was pleasantly supprised to get to know the very friendly staff there.

The food at the hotell was ok, but not more. But who really cares? I'm not the kind of guy who spends all my time at the hotell. All-inclusive is boring! :)

Some said the pool was a bit cold, but I thought it was just fine. The nearest beach where you can get a free sunbed is allright, but I recommend people to rater pay 30-40 Egyptian Pounds in taxi fare and go to Sharks Bay. There you will have to pay 25 Eg pounds for a sunbed, but it's worth it! Excellent place for snorkling and not that much hassle from sales people.

All in all - at Oriental Rivoli you get great service and a great stay for pocket change..."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of March 2009

Beware thieves at this hotel.

"I stayed at this hotel in late Jan to early Feb 2009. When we arrived, before we were allowed to see our room, we were immediately told that our room was available, but we could have a better one if we paid an extra 300 Egyptian pounds. (We became suspicious.) The 1st room we were shown was very basic. After some haggling we agreed to upgrade the following day.
On the 2nd night my phone Sim card went missing from the hotel room. When I returned home I found that it had indeed been stolen and someone had run up a bill of over £1,000 ringing numbers all over Egypt. The theft from our hotel room spoiled my experience at the hotel. I could not recommend this hotel to anyone for this reason."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of March 2009

Very nice stay in Oriental Rivoli

"I spent a week in Oriental Rivoli ( from 02/03 till 09/03). Really enjoyed the stay. The staff was very kind and willing to help with any questions or worries. As many others I first got a very dark room without windows, and upgraded it without problems for only 53 euros to the one on the first floor overlooking one of the swimming pools. The room was very nicely furnished and decorated, big and very clean. People that do the cleaning do it really properly. Bathroom was spacious and always clean to the highest of standards. I did not have a balcony, but did not need one as I spent most of my days out diving. I had BB and breakfast was good with a variety of food and nice pancakes. I have not used swimming pools, but they (3 of them) looked very nice. The barmen was very friendly and entertaining and coluld speak different languagues.
The only thing I did not like was that you could not use your room telephone for the international calls. But later it got out ok because the guy working as the operator at the reception was very helpful and whenever I needed he made a phone call for me straight away.
If you go to the beach it is quite near by, only couple of minutes walking distance. Naama Bay city center 10 to 15 minutes very pleasent walk along the beach. You will find a variety of restaurants there.

When you need, you can easily exchange your money at Thomas Cooke near by hotel.

Well, I would deffinitely go back to Oriental Rivoli.
Best regards to all the staff working there."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of March 2009

Pleasant hotel

Good

"stayed for a week at the oriental rivoli from 19/2/09 - 26/2/09 and really enjoyed our stay.i have stayed in many hotels in sharm, some i would return to, and some i wouldnt. The rivoli is one i would return to. we stayed on a B&B basis as there is so much choice of restaurants in namma bay.
We had room 204 which was decorated very nice, the shower was fantastic and was always keot very clean. everyday the room would be scrubbed spotless and our clothes folded and bottles of perfume etc lined up neatly. We returned every evening to find wonderful towel art on our bed. The only down side to the room we had (which was a standard room) was there was no windows so the room was always very dark. There was also nowhere to sit outside. we did asked to be upgraded to a room with a balcony and had a look. The room with the balcony was nowhere near as nice as the one we had, so we decided to keep the standard room and our $106.
As divers we didnt spent much time at the hotel, but the time wedid spend there, the staff were always polite and couldnt do enough for you.
Just a word of warning... if you have a flight later on in the evening, you have to vacate the room by 12.00. We asked how much to keep the room on until we left (which was an extra 4 hours) so we could shower etc, but the hotel wanted to charge an extra 30 euros. With the exchange rate being poor we decided that 30 euros for a shower is very expensive.
all in all, a very pleasant stay and would return"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of February 2009

Very relaxing, friendly hotel.

Good

"Just back ftrom spending a lovely week in the Oriental Rivoli. Staff very friendly and helpful. Only on B & B but had a few daytime meals round the pool which were very nice. We upgraded to a room with a balcony overlooking the pool, the room wasdecorated to a high standard, and was kept very clean, and most days the cleaner made bed art which was a very nice touch. About 5 mins from the beach and 20 mins walk along the promenade into Naama Bay, which is a nice walk especially after eating to walk your meal off. Dont walk along the main road as the taxis will drive you barmy. 3 swimming pools with loungers around them, although it wouldn be nice if one was heated as they were freezing, no need to take towels as these were supplied. Would definately go back again. Mustnt forget to mention Totti the barman he was so friendly and helpful, and made the stay very enjoyable."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of February 2009

Not a bad hotel

Good

"We were put in a dark room (211). They upgraded us to another room with a balcony and even a bidet for $50. This happened to quite a few people. The staff were friendly and the food not too bad. Plenty desserts although no full English of course. The beach is a 5 min walk. It is conveniently situated near Mcdonalds and a supermarket. The three swimming pools were very cold. We gave the reception staff 4 postcards to post but they never did."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of February 2009

beautiful, affordable, comfortable

Good

"Just got back from a great stay at the oriental rivoli. The hotel was clean with great decor, the rooms were comfortable, there wasn't much light in the standard room, but why do you want to be in there in the day when there's the beautiful beach to get to? The standard room had lots of space, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean and in good working order, and there was well working air conditioning. The rooms are set well of the main road and are quiet. We went for a B&B option and the breakfast had a wide choice including freshly made omlettes and crepes. The staff were all very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The hotel pools were beautiful and the pool sunbeds very comfy, but we spent most of our time down at the beach. It's a 5 minute walk, your sunbed and towels await you, and then you can just walk into the clear turquoise sea and see hundreds of multicoloured fish! The snorkelling was fantastic right off the beach and there were some reefs in easy swimming distance. The hotel is about a mile from the centre of naama bay, it's nice to pick and choose when you want to be in the centre, as it can be a bit full on. We caught the blue microbuses- you have to have your 1egyptian pound to hand, but that's all it costs (about 20p) they run all day and night and it takes 5 mins, just flag them down on the side of the road, otherwise it's a leisurely 30 min stroll along the promenade (you could definately do it quicker, but you're on holiday...what's the rush?) The oriental rivoli is also just next door to a body shop, claire's accessories (of all things!) starbucks and mcdonalds, so if you're feeling a bit homesick..it's on your doorstep. We preferred to go to the lovely Kan Zaman restaurant right next door, egyptian food and very reasonable, the kofta (meatballs) were great. There's also a pharmacy and a 24 hour supermarket right next door too. The hotel policy is no food and drink from the outside ...(so make sure you don't flaunt your purchases!!!). We got a good deal from last minute.com at £160 for 1 week, and felt it was well worth the money (and more) would definately go back."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of February 2009

not bad

Good

"We stayed at the Rivoli in late January 2009. It was our first time in Egypt and were surprised at how friendly and hard woking the Egyptians are compared to previous holidays in Spain and Teneriefe where you are barely aknowleged.

The hotel is generally a good standard, but could be made a true 4 star hotel by just a couple of improvements. The food is buffet style, if you are half board. The breakfasts are ok, no sausage and bacon of course, but there is a chef who cooks omlettes and pancakes. At dinner, it is buffet style also, and there is usually some form of chicken or other meat and a fish option. It was fine, but repetitive towards the end of the week. No typical brit food like pizzas, burgers, or chips, instead lots of rice and pasta which I suppose may cater more for the Russians (70% of the guests)

There are 3 great looking pools, but why are they so dam cold!? Surely one of them could be heated for the winter months at least. The pool guy was a good laugh though.

Everything else about the hotel was good. Ideal location 15 mins walk from the centre, good beach, nicely furnished rooms which were cleaned every day by our mate Ahmed who left some interesting towel sculptures, and as mentioned friendly staff who were very chatty and helpful. I would certainly return here again, maybe next January as the weather was just about right."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of February 2009

Cool holiday

"Just spent 2 wonderful weeks in this great hotel, I cannot praise the staff of this hotel highly enough they always have a smile and are willing to assist you in any way they can . The food was excellent and there was always something on the menu to please.A special thanks to Mr Ayman the food and beverage manager and to Mr Khalid for their kindness and consideration and patience.
To the young man who kept our room (2233) spotless again a special thanks also to the towel guys and to all the pool bar staff for keeping us well supplied with sustenance nothing was too much trouble.
If you are looking for a hotel where you can really relax I would recommend the Oriental Rivoli most highly we cannot wait to return.
David&Jo.
Glasgow."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of March 2015

Hotels near Oriental Rivoli Hotel & SPA

Stayed at Oriental Rivoli Hotel & SPA? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Oriental Rivoli Hotel & SPA

• David A by David A

"The animation teams entertainment in the evenings is worth watching "

Oriental Rivoli Hotel & SPA is also called