We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Oonas Dive Club Hotel

Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 11341 Egypt

Good

Oonas baby

"You must stay here. The price is a bargain for where you're staying as you'll be surrounded by really expensive hotel resorts but for a fraction of the price. The staff here are amazing. The manager Ahmed 1, Ahmed 1 because he was one of 5 different Ahmeds that we met. The second was his really good mate who was very helpful in booking adventure excursions to the dessert and to mount sinai and st catherines monastery. Furthermore, Ahmed 1 was really useful in helping me track down some climbing after I had originally given up on finding some in Egypt (in case you're interested..there's some in Dahab further east of sharm el sheikh!

In case you were wondering Ahmed 3 was a mate who arranged a trip to the local nightclub and got us cheap tickets, 4 was one of the guys who worked outside Pacha, one of the night club who gave us discount on a night out as well (o yeah by the way going out in sharm is bloody expensive) and finally Ahmed 5 was a nice taxi driver! Moral of the story is that everybody in Egypt is either called Mohammed or Ahmed and surprisingly we met mostly Ahmeds.

Back to the point i strongly recommend this hotel, i won''t look else where in sharm even if I could afford the hilton, sonesta or the other numerous pricey 5* hotels they have in close proximity to oonas. The rooms have ac and tv is satelite and constantly showing relevant and good films. comfy hotel with comfy beds and a good view of the beach and yeah really really cool place...Go there!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of December 2009

Oonas Dive Club review

"Did not stay at hotel, although the food at the bar was fine for lunch. We used Oonas for our Open water certificate. Fantastic team, who were flexible, friendly, and helpful from the start. Also a 20% discount for staying at oriental Rivoli.
Emily Achard, who is soon to leave for Australia, was excellent, and professional at all times. 100% would use again."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of November 2009

Review Only for the Oonas Dive School

"I didn't stay at the hotel but I took the advanced open water course at the dive school. Everything was very professional. My instructor Anna was excellent, the boats were very good, and the equipment was in good condition. At all times they were well organized and professional. I have dived all over the world and I can definitely recommend Oonas."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of November 2009

Excellent alternative to pricey 5* hotels

"We were travelling around Egypt for 2 weeks and had 3 days to relax at the end, at the beach. We decided the easiest place for us to get to was Sharm... so set about looking for hotels. Everything is 5* and at 5* prices, which is a bit of a shock after travelling the rest of the country. Eventually found Oonas and got it booked for £40 a night. We weren't expecting much, but we were very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large and airy, huge bath room. The only issue I had was the air-con was a bit noisy, but it was still quite compared to a lot I had slept with in Egypt.
Oonas is not a 5* hotel, so don’t expect it... yes, you will have to walk up some stairs if you’re not on the ground floor! But it is a very nice place to stay. If I go back to Na’ama Bay I would stay here again.
To top it off the dive school was very good and gave a 10% discount to hotel guests and it is right on the beach!
If you are going to Sharm and don’t want to be part of the “package holiday” group then choose here."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of October 2009

Definitely coming back

Good

"The diving is very good. The staff & the boat crews are very friendly and helpful. Everything is organized. Breakfast is OK.

If you're going to do a night dive. Beware of lionfishs, they will follow you wherever you go because they love the light but they mean no harm. You’ll find out how fast they are!

I've reserved my room on a short notice so I think I got a bad one. It was on the third floor so the water pressure was low. The Air conditioner makes a lot of noise and isn't cooling enough. I saw there are rooms with newer ACs so you should book early to have a good room.

The hotel is just a 3 minutes walk to McDonalds, Sushi place, cafés & a supermarket.

Special thanks to my instructor Amy, Beith and Ahmed (Boat crew)."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of October 2009

Best Dive Club in Sharm

"We've just returned from a week's diving with Oonas and everything was excellent. I've dived in Sharm 9 times previously and this was by far the best experience. The dive club staff are all professional, relaxed and friendly, numbers on the boats kept to a sensible level and the staff around the hotel are great. Special thanks to Corry for sorting our booking and thanks as well to Amy for being the best dive guide ever!! We're already trying to plan our next trip with Oonas."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of March 2009

12th visit and many more to come

"My wife and I have dived with Oonas 12 times now. We have stayed at the dive club for our last few visits. The hotel is basic but clean, the pool is the Red Sea. This is not a 5 * hotel, but you don't pay 5* prices. This said the guides are brilliant so you don't miss out in the pool. The staff are laid back, the boat crews look after you and many have been on the Oonas boats for years, but the diving is safe and well organised. The courses are spot on and you leave having learned something.
The name says it all it gives a club atmosphere with staff making you feel like a member of the club, you are not just a punter where at the end of the day you get ignored, the staff sit and chat after a days diving and yes, EnglandD, they may have a drink with you, but I 've never felt the drinking goes over the top. Obviously EnglandD did not stay at the same place as we have used for the the past 6 years."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of February 2009

Friendly and Fun

"I have recently returned from my second visit to Oonas Dive Club in Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh. I give Oonas Hotel and Dive Club top marks all round but especially for the friendly and sociable atmosphere. The hotel is small with light, airy, spacious rooms and lovely clean en-suite bathrooms all with balconies overlooking the bay. The restaurant and bar are very conveniently situated and staff are very helpful and friendly.

The crew on the dive boat cannot do enough for you and the dive guides do everything to make sure your dives are safe and enjoyable. The staff at the centre are incredibly sociable and hospitable and go out of their way to make you feel at home - more than any other centres I have dived with. For all these reasons, I will return many more times to Oonas Dive Club and would recommend it highly to anyone looking for a good value, friendly and relaxed atmosphere."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of February 2009

Naff

"Poor servive & diving, poor quality of boats & staff seamed more interested in drink large amouts of alcohol than customers"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of January 2009

friendly B&B dive hotel on beach

"This is our 3rd stay here, and we'll be going back next year.
Although this is a diving centre you could stay here without diving.
The diving/accommodation packages are very competitive and they are a good safe outfit to dive with, boats are spacious with friendly crew and great buffet lunches.
The rooms are cleaned every day and the staff are helpful and friendly.
The rooms are let on B&B basis, breakfast being quite basic but cooked to order and just right before a days diving.
There is no pool at Oonas but its right on the front promenade at Naama Bay, just 25m walk to the beach. The section of beach you can use is shared with the adjacent hotel (Sonesta Beach) its not massive and does get busy, we weren't that bothered because 6 out of the 7 days we were there we were on a dive boat, if you want a sun bed you need to get up @ 7.00 to get one near the front otherwise its pot luck!
The last 3 times we've stayed at Oonas we booked our flights thru' XL airlines, next time we'll need to look at Thomson or Thomas Cook although someone's told me Easyjet are starting soon so watch that space.
To book all you need to do is email oonas and tell them when you're thinking of going, they'll confirm if they have rooms available then you book your flights and confirm your rooms with them. They will pick you up from the airport and take you back at the end of your holiday free of charge. We stayed in twin rooms but they also have suites for families, check their website for details.
Please be aware that the accommodation is clean and regularly tidied but it's not 5 star so dont be expecting it to be, just compare their prices and their location, its at the end of the prom between sofitel and sonesta, @ 15-20 min stroll into main centre.
You can find oonas by typing oonas dive club into google. Hope you enjoy!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of October 2008

Hotels near Oonas Dive Club Hotel

Stayed at Oonas Dive Club Hotel? Share your insight.

Oonas Dive Club Hotel is also called