Nubian Village Hotel

Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

No thrills holiday

"The hotel itself is nicely kept and on a hole the staff were friendly and helpful.
The food was ok but does get a bit boring as it is very repetative, but something we ate made us pretty ill and talking to other guests many of them seemed to be experiencing the same sort of stomach illness.
The hotel is definately not 5* and seeing some of the other hotels around confimed that.
We went on the quad bike, glass boat and camels which were all fantastic and luckily we had already been told to book these in Naama bay as they are alot cheaper for exactly the same trips and they pick you up from the hotel. The glass boat cost us £4 each, quad bikes £12 and Camels £8 and if you booked it with the guy who comes around the pool it was alot more so if you want to do a few trips it makes a big difference.
Would definately come back to Sharm El Sheikh but not to this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of May 2006

"Can't understand all the poor reviews, I was very dubious after reading them. We stayed over new year and it was out first visit. 18 yr old daughter & sons 10,11,4. All of the children had a fantastic time. I'd say the rooms are only 3* but very clean. Most of the staff only speak basic english but all very polite and nothing is too much trouble for them (fantastic with kids).

The food was nice, but we tended to get a bit fed up with the buffet style process, so a few trips to naama bay sorted that. (Had a meal at Hard Rock Cafe and it cost under £50 for seven including drinks). There is also a kentucky and mcdonnalds which deliver!!
The buffet breakfast consisted of cereals (cocopops and other for kids), breads, fruit, yoghurts, other strange stuff which I presume were for other nationalities and the chefs will cook your eggs however you like them.

For lunch and dinner there was a wide selection and everyday a pasta station where the chef will make the pasta and sauce as requested.

There was only the main and poolside restaurants open when we were there but there was still enough variety for every one. The poolside restaurant offered something different each day, burgers, kebabs, chips, salad, pasta.

The italian animation team are actually quite funny and despite working very hard and long hours are always smiling and being silly.

This was one of my first relaxing hols, kids didn't pester as it was all inc and they could eat and drink when they wanted >- even my 4 year old could go and get his own drinks."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of May 2006

I cried when I left

"I write this review with the same honesty that I personally recieved from every person that I met in the Nubian Village, I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed my first stay in Egypt.

I do realise that I was on holiday and I was there for a chill week with my wife, the staff in the resort could not have done more, they would have carried me down to the beach as well as my towels if I had asked them, very very friendly people and never ever in your face.

I arrived on the day there was a bombing in Habab,24th April 2006, the very next day the resort Director and his family spent most of the day mingling with the guests, to me it was a sign of reassurance that our safety was not in any way compromised.

I only work to go on holiday now and Nubian Village will be seeing a great deal more of myself and my wife, on my next visit I am going to look into the property market.

I had the occasion to visit Naama Bay, the security presence for me was 100%, I feel I have made some real friends, some English, Italian and some Egyptian, I am Scottish, that should speak for itself, many thank you's.

I would recommend The Nubian Village to anyone, the reason I do not include photo's, I lost my camera along with some other personal items, I have two pictures on my camera phone, when I work out how to download them I will post them on trip advisor.

Yours Sincerely

• Travel date: Mon 1st of May 2006

A big thumbs up....

"We return from here on the 11th April after having what I can only described as a fabulous, brillant and excellent holiday. We have had problems in the past trying to find hotels etc and all inclusive that do rooms big enough for a family of 5. Our room at this hotel was superb. Space, Space and more Space. All the staff were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel was mainly full of Italians and Russians and a handful of Brits, but it does say that in some write ups of the hotel.
Overall if you are looking for a value for money holiday then look no further. We are already planning our return...."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of April 2006

Why Do People Moan!!!

"I cant understand why people moan, the hotel was lovely nice big bedroom with brilliant view of the pool , the grounds of the hotel was out of this world lovely gardens 2 big pools lots of sunbeds ,sammy the pool guy was lovely to give him a tip and he will look after you all hoilday, the same with the cleaners they made swans and love hearts out of our bed covers,
the food was good all different, also a kids corner which was very nice,
we meet some lovely people there which helped in the evening as there isnt much entertainment, but you make it what it is my boyfriend spencer sang a few songs and got the crowd going,
i would without a doubt go back to thi hotel for the money it is well worth it, dont listen to the people who moan if they 5* then they should pay for it, this hoilday was well worth the money."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of April 2006

You get what you give

"My 2 daughters and I stayed at Nubian Village during February half term. I had read the reports and was anxious to say the least, however: I must admit that the service was second to none, and I can only say to those who enjoy the 'hokey kokey' to round off every evening while on holidays....stick to the costas.

Sharm is a lovely yet developing resort, that will soon be overrun with people looking for cheap deals etc. The staff in the hotel are friendly and polite (thanks for the tip about 'tipping' up front, as it worked well). I had only to lift my head from the lounger, and a drink was brought to me. It was interesting to watch the less than polite Italians 'hobble' across to the pool bar. (So much for clicking your fingers eh?!). At the bar before dinner every evening, our drinks were brought to the table without asking every evening. (Ice cream was even served despite being advised it was not all inclusive.
The girls had a great time, and went snorkelling most days, making use of the underwater camera which is a must if you really want to capture the essence of how close you are to the brightly coloured fish. There are lion fish sheltering in the coral so beware if you have inquisitive little ones!
The reports about the entertainment are accurate, however; if you want to go for a peaceful, relaxing holiday then this is for you. We were very lucky that one of the taxi drivers took us to the mosque, so if you are interested in this beautiful building and get the chance to be invited..take it!
Auf leila au Leila is an interersting purpose built entertainment centre, and well worth a visit of an evening. There is a scaled down version of the Karnak sound & Light show which is ok.
Old Sharm is interesting and there are many shops. Our friendly taxi driver directed us to his friends shop where we bought everything we needed for less than £25 (including mother of pearl trinket boxes which were priced at £20 for 1 in the hotel shop)Mars ice creams are £1 at the hotel shop.
Don't bother buying snorkels/masks to take as the hotel sells them for less than £10.
Namma Bay was very busy and good to go and see. There is a great leather shop in the precinct where you can pick up some great value items. Jewellery is not as plentiful or as good quality as Turkey, and so if you enjoy picking up a trinket as I do, you may be disappointed.
I booked our transfer through octopus, and it was great to be greeted and directed through customs avoiding the queues. Well worth the £16, as we had already decided we did not need to pay entry visa. if you do: you can purchase from the windows to the left of the main desk rather than along the main area.
This is a spotlessly clean 3*+ (London standards) hotel, with polite staff who will bend over backwards for you if you treat them as YOU would wish to be treated. Don't be frugal! Give the pool, cleaner and bar men £10 each at the start of your holiday. Leave a collective tip in the box at the restaurant and you'll be treated well."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of April 2006

Really Good Value For Money

"Stayed at Nubien Village between March 9th. and 23rd found the staff really friendly and helpfull Food was good with a nice selection,on a daily basis, although it did seem a little repetative. The rooms are large and well eqipped, and although very clean are begining to show signs of ware and need cosmetic attention sooner rather than later. The grounds and the pools are excellent. The entertainment in the evenings is virtually non existant. With the main problem being the childrens entertainment being held in the lobby, wich is surprising as there are two entertainment areas away from the lobby, that could be used. The rest of the evenings were mostly Karoke geared up for the Italians and Russians. However we made Friends with a smashing family from Tidworth, and were happy just to sit have a chat and a few drinks {especially on Paddys Night} would we go back? try and stop us"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of April 2006

Nice for the price

"my hubby and I and 2 friends stayed here at the Nubien village for 1 week. i found the staff friendly and the food excellent. the bathrooms could do with an overhaul but the rooms were nice and clean. the entertainment was very much karoke based and had not much variety. the main bar lounge area did not have adequate seating and only one choice of beer which was bottles of stella. the 2 pools altough set in lovely surroundings were absolutely freezing! but take off your blue all inclusive armband and head down to the nubien island heated pool next door. all in all we had a fab week very relaxing and weather was great! a trip out on the quads was lots of fun and worth the money."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of March 2006

Would give this hotel a wide berth

"We arrived just before midnight, no snacks available, tried to charge us for drinks. Man who carried cases to room demanded 50 Egyptian pounds for his trouble. Room was nice and large. We had two kids 3 & 9 with us, 9 year old was bored, kids club and entertainment was all in Italian. Food was terrible, Food at beach bar was better. Entertainment consisted of a man singing same songs every night, it was only on the last night we realised it was Kareoke!! Kids entertainment on an evening was 20 minutes dancing to same songs every night - very tedious. Was differnt entertainment in ampitheatre, but no bar and again it was all in Italian.
Mohammed the pool guy was fab, always got us sunbeds and towels, tip him on first day and he will really look after you all week. Staff in restaurant were abrupt and ignorant at times.

Meal times were like a rugby scrum, the meat and fish were hot but vegeatbles were cold. My three year old lived on tomato and cucumber for a week.

If your kids are teenagers and you are looking for a base this would be ok but personally I would not stay here again. We have booked to go back as we loved everything else the weather was fab, pool and beach were good."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of March 2006

Very relaxing and enjoyable fortnight

"Staff were really friendly and helpful. I was a female travelling with my 2 daughters and felt at ease here, the room we were allocated was very spacious. We met lots of really nice people and this ensured we were enteretained each evening. I felt the entertainment could have been better and was more suited to children then adults. There was only one bar area open for the all inclusive package and this did tend to get a bit boring after a week. There were plenty of sunbeds, the beach was great for snorkelling and we found the food to be ok. Some people were moaning about the food, but i think some people just can't enjoy themselves without moaning about something. They were in Egypt and not in a Butlins holiday camp after all. The pools were very cold so if you do like to swim in them you need to be very brave to be able to get in, but the sea was lovely. I went for a fortnight and found that having a TV in the room that showed 3 british channels and movies 24 hrs a day was good. It meant we could have relaxing evenings in the hotel room reading and watching TV. There are agents within the hotel complex that you can book excursions with and they are very good prices. We went on Horses, Camels, and quad bikes, all excursions were good and i would thourghly recomment the quads, it made us feel like we were part of the Mad Max film crew. Brill. All in all i thourghly enjoyed my holiday and found it the most relaxing fortnight i have had for a very long time, and i could have easily stayed for another fortnight. if you want a hot winter destination and a reasonable cost, this is the place to go. One piece of advice i would give is don't go via Excel airways. Worse flight of my life. Delays and no leg room, and i am only 5ft 2 ins tall."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of March 2006

very pooor

"The hotel is good as size ,, rooms is very very poor style for the price even they don't put LCD TVs .. .. the big big big trouble n this hotel is the stuff .. with the all nationality they r really ugly and un polite with the guests .. specially the security they r low low low low educated

i was n over than 14 hotels n all sharm el sheikh allover my life .. this hotel is the worst ever ever

finally :: (( Security staff and is not qualified to work in an area such as this ))"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of September 2012

fab hotel (i wanna go back)

"what can i say ?

spacious clean friendly staff , good with kids will do anything to make your holiday an experience you will never forget !

pools were fab clean and we had no problems with getting a sun bed and we went in august peak season !

food was fab as well and there was something for everyone even after 2 weeks we did not get fred up of the food ! "

• Travel date: Wed 7th of March 2012

Hotels near Nubian Village Hotel

Stayed at Nubian Village Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Nubian Village Hotel

• katie by katie

"a must is going to the bedwin tent situated on site , its a fab night out and very cheap "

Nubian Village Hotel is also called