Noria Resort

Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 46619 Egypt

Good

Beautiful Hotel - one of the best beach holidays I have had!!!

"I stayed here with a female friend of mine in May 2007. The hotel was absolutely beautiful and was situated right opposite Naama Bay where all the night life is in Sharm. The hotel staff were very helpful and extremely friendly (that may have had something to do with the fact that we were both young blonde females!!!) and couldnt do enough for us.
The room was great, with a fantasic view of the pool, and we made many great friends there. The only thing I would suggest but this applies to Egypt as a whole, if you dont like being hassled or accosted to buy things from shops or stalls do not go there, or if you are female make sure you have a male with you. We found that we were accosted quite a lot as they are desperate for you to look in their shops and buy their goods, but are not threatening in any way just a bit annoying.
Definately one of the best holidays I have had though and I would definately go back to this hotel!"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of April 2008

Not perfect, but fine

"Hello everyone!
Me and my boyfriend were in Noria last year. I will be short, because I don't have much time, but all I can say is that this hotel is great. Well, great for its price of course. We didn't have any problems at this time (I guess we were lucky and got the good room), but some of our friends were complaining about the air condition, water leaking and bathroom. Well, we are not very pretencious, anyway we came to that hotel just to sleep somewhere and we didn't care about the rooms.
The staff was very friendly - some of them even too friendly. I was afraid of the banker, who was following me and annoying me all the time, althought I was always with my boyfriend. He used every single moment when I was alone... I was avoiding him all the time. The cook was very nice, he was preparing special meals for me because he remembered the first day that i'm vegetarian, and every day I got different macaroni. Mmmm... The shop keepers at the hotel were also very friendly, especially Mohamed - Zizo and Mohamed - Mousa. we had fun every evening. There was so much laugh that my belly hurt me every day :D I swear, they are so funny.
The beach: Hmmm - I wasn't much there, but it's really small and crowded. The staff ... hmmm ... Too intruding. Someone made me depilation on the beach, but I didn't ask for it! And when I wanted to sleep on a beach - no way baby! They keep bothering you! But it depends what kind of a person you are. I was just laughing at them.
I will write more next time. I promise. But for now I had all the good experiences. What else do you expect for this price???"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of March 2008

We will be back to stay

"Staff very friendly and made us feel very special and for this we would like to say a big 'Thank You' to ALL the staff . Room was large and got cleaned every day. Two lovely pools, with the pick of sunbeds. I enjoyed the peace and quiet whiie my husband went diving. Dining room staff could not do enough for you. Bar staff lovely. Within walking distance of shops, bars, and beach. You can get the free bus at the hotel entrance if you dont feel like the short walk to the beach. I think we were the only Brittish there, but we did not find it a problem. My husband and I will stay there again. Cant wait!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of March 2008

There must be better in Sharm than this

"If you are not Italian or Russian, you will find yourself in the minority here. I stayed here 14- 21 October 07 in a group of 13 + baby.

On arrival, the couple with the baby were allocated a ground-floor room with patio doors that had been jemmied open and could not be secured. They had obviously not heard of Madeleine McCann here. When the couple pointed out this was unacceptable, reception staff claimed that no other rooms were available. After a National Tourist rep was asked to intervene, alternative rooms suddenly became available. There then followed a lengthy discussion to convey the needs of a nine-month-old child for a cot, which had already been booked anyway.

In my own room, water leaked through the ceiling from the air-con system after it had been switched on for an hour or so. In the morning, the tiled floors of the bathroom and hall were pooled with water. Reported on Day Two, and returning later that day, it was fair to say that someone had been working on the ceiling cavity, as the ceiling lights no longer worked!! That evening, water leaked again through the ceiling in the same spot. Reported on Day Three, and returning later that afternoon, it was again obvious that someone had attended, as broken plaster was now scattered over the floor from where the ceiling grille had been removed. An hour later, water was again dripping from the ceiling.

All this could have been reported to Reception or Customer Services via the telephones in the bedroom and bathroom. Neither of them worked. So each report required a lengthy march from the back of the site to the reception area. A very firm third report, direct to a Duty Manager, finally achieved the desired repairs.

There is a large attractively contoured pool at the core of the site with numerous sun-beds. But do not expect to doze in the sun or quietly read a book here. When the “animation team” are not organising games by use of the loudspeaker system, the same system is used to blast out incessant disco music, with almost none of it in discernible English.

A smaller pool, on an upper level at the back of the site, is a little quieter and more intimate. Even so, there is still often a background of similar “entertainment” drifting over from the adjacent aqua-park site. Also, there are often lengthy periods when the small bar here is abandoned.

There is a courtesy shuttle-bus which will take you to the hotel’s private beach area. It’s a fairly short walk to the main shopping areas, restaurants, bars, clubs and other facilities. To reach them, however, you will have to take your life into your hands to attempt the crossing of the four-lane road outside of the hotel gates.

The buffet-style restaurant provides varied but average food. Unfortunately, the self-service does not extend to the provision of tea and coffee. The jugs, cups etc. are retained at waiter-stations. Service thus often involves a number of transactions while you a) catch a waiter to ask for tea/coffee b) await the delivery of cup and saucer c) probably catch a waiter again to indicate that you still would like something in the cups d) wait while the jug is taken to other tables on its route to you e) expect delivery of a teaspoon only after a further request. If the group on your table want any combination of tea, coffee AND sugar, you can expect breakfast to be a rather convoluted affair. After a couple of days, you soon resort to biding your time until a waiter is away from his station, then making a quick raid for all your needs in one go.

There are dozens and dozens of hotels in Sharm. I am sure that there are plenty that provide better levels of service than this one."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of November 2007

Unfortunate experience

"We have just returned from a week at the Noria. It is supposed to be a 4 star hotel but unfortunately we found quite a few issues with it, which coloured our view of the holiday. It is shabby, the rooms are badly maintained, and in the first room we were shown , the balcony doors (on the ground floor) did not shut properly. Unfortunately the staff and managers did not speak very good english at all and I could not make myself understood when I asked for a cot for the baby. The laundry was returned to us at 12:30 at night, waking up ourselves and the baby. The manager blamed me when another couple in our party did not bring back their room key at the allotted time, and I came away from the hotel relieved to be going home. It is a shame as it looks really nice from the photos and I had been looking forward to the holiday for a long time. I would not recommend going there and will not be going back"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of November 2007

decent hotel

Good

"I stayed in Noria in Sept. '07 for a one week, not AI but half board. All in all I was satisfied. Hotel has got great location if you want to be close to touristic part Naama Bay and it's probbable best buy Naama Bay hotel. Though little far from the hotel beach. However I was on that beach only two or three times during my stay couse I went to Sharm mainly for scuba diving and to do some excursion trips. But I enjoyed these 2 or 3 times on the beach, there are few small coral reefs around 50m from the beach where snorkeling is great, lot of tropical fishes to see (depth 5-8 m). Beach is safe and good for relaxing.

Rooms are clean and I had more then enough fresh towels every day. I tip around 1$ a day. Food was good and I didn't have any problems with digestion. (I used botteled water for drink and toothbrushing). Staff were friendly and spoke decent english.
There are two hotel pools, good thing was that they were opened all night long..
I would go to that hotel again."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of November 2007

The best hollidays ever

Good

"We stayed in this hotel last year and we had an excellent time, best time ever. Mybe the reason was sun, mybe just good will.

The hotel is very clean, rooms are very nice, service is good.....all you have to do is treat staff with some respect. When we were checking in we nicely asked for a room with a nice view and we got it! A great room i might say.

Restaurant is self service, at least our was, since we were not on all inclusive. And i must say that juices were fresh and there for taking, as well as all the food there. The food is not to die for, but it's ok.

The beach is nice, small, but nice. I must say that it was not crowded, because most guests stayed at hotel pool, besause it was too hot. The beach is only 10 minutes walk from hotel. I don't know, but drivers were very kind. They allways stopped and let me cross the street. Mybe beacuse i smiled at them?!

Notice one thing when going to Egypt: people there are nice, friendly and very helpful, but some of zhem can be pushy, so as Teenie already said: polite no usually worked. I must add, it allways worked!!!

All in all, i loved this hollidays, and i will come back!

Keep smiling :)"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

Avoid this!!

"Me and my husband booked this hotel on all inclusive, last minute, in August.
We hoped that the bad review will not become true, since we were just hoping to have a nice, decent week of rest..
Where should I start with?..

First of all, it is true, the main lobby and reception are nice.. but that's about it..
1. the room. It was terrible-- the walls were not painted for at least 10 years, the furniture was very old, maybe longer then 20 years..We could not understand how a 7 years old hotel may look that bad..The courtains were so dirty and pehaps never ironed that we were so avoiding to touch them! The bathtub was terrible, destroyed and may be full of germs..Therefore we found this very stressful and we request another room. We received another one that was slitly better.
After 2 days, since we could not stand the hotel we requested our travel agency to change the hotel and then the hotel manager showed us other types of rooms, on other building of the hotel, which obviously were newer and cleaner..
It depends probably from which country or travel agency you are.
2. The hotel is full of Italians. No offense, great people, but in this hotel they were all teenegers, who believed that they are on some Italian market or they have to prove how loud they may speak Italian. Even if they are booking only with some sodas included, and I barely saw one drinking something else but non alchoholic drinks, they are very well served by the personnel.

3. The pool is really bad. The colour went down, it looks like somebody just found an old, left behind, pool and after 50 years put some water inside... the water looks strange and I saw no filters.. perhaps I am mistaken.. The service in general on this hotel is VERY BAD but the fact that the pool boy recommended, as the policy of the hotel, to change the towels each 2 days was quite shocking for us!Good that we did not have to keep teh same towels for one week and wash them before!

4. The Beach. If you want to relax by the beach, That's definetely a bad idea.. The beach of the hotel is VERY, VERY small.. around 20 m x 60 m, closed to other beaches, of other hotels! There is no distance on the beach to others and it is quite crowded.. How they were thinking that for 180 rooms one may have such a small beach I don' know. A good beach is Hilton, Novotel, Mariott but for this ones, one has to pay 100 LE /person entry. --about 15 Euro. Better to check in at Hilton!

5. Services. The personnel in general is nice, they try to help. Of course there are also those who cannot wait to piss you off! We had all inclusive and in the restaurant, the waiter did not want, one evening, to serve my husband with a Heinnecken, only with the local beer (I have to mention that there are only 3 types of beer and wine that one might choose. The cocktails are like they don't exist.. Only some Americano, Martini Dry and perhaps 3 more that are sooo cheap, in general!). So, when my husband insisted for a Heinecken the waiter and the chief of restaurant told him that the did not recieve Heinecken on that day and the chief of restaurant literally took the pen from my husband's hand and wrote down that my husband wants the local beer!! As a conclusion, my husband went to the bar on the lobby where they provided 2 Heineckens without problem!!
By the way, there is only one restaurant, NO PIANO BAR or other amneties they advertise!
Talking about restaurant, we took some excursions so we missed some meals, but one day we decided, since we were supposed to miss lunch and dinner to make some sandwiches. We asked for a bag to make them ourselves, not the staff!! (a four star hotel!) The staff, especially one manager of the hotel did not want to provide a bag and much more they told us that it is forbiden to take food out.. We did not want to take food out, just to make a sandwich, since we payed for more than we received.Of course, we saw later one that managers are taking on constant basis food out!

On one lunch I requested from the waiter the list of fresh juices and he mentioned the orange juice. So, I ordered 2 orange juices, beside other drinks. He did bring the others, not the fresh juice. When asked about the reason why --perhaps he forgot-- he comes back and tells me that he has no orrange juice because he has no oranges... It was full of oranges on the basket at the bufet!!! I asked how is it possible to tell me such excuse..since they have on the table..and the answer was simple: we cannot take from that basket .. and after I asked more he just said that I have to leave the restaurant to go in the bar to drink orange juice if I want (I was serving my lunch) but he cannot bring me from the bar!!!

There are many things to say. It was not at all a pleasant experince. We were very disaponted that we just wanted to relax and we dealt with people who are rude and clearly did not know how to make us confortable.

We are sorry we went there. I don't advice you to go, for the money we payed for that trip, 1500 Euro, better go to Hilton, Sheraton, etc!! If not.. I hope you'll be lucky to have a good room and service!"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of August 2007

great hotel, great holiday!

"Just arrived back froma week's bed and breakfast at the Noria Resort, Sharm el Sheikh. What can I say?? A fab hotel wwith friendly staff, clean rooms and nice food.The bathrooms are slightly dated, however, they are clean and serve their purpose. The rooms are really big with two queen size beds and great air con!! Try and book a room at the upper pool area with a pool view as you can see down to the main street.
the hotel has two pools. The upper pool is the more quiet area, and the lower pool has table tennis, snooker and massage area, they also have tennis courts. The pool guy called Osama was so helpful and had our towels and loungers set out every day for us. Reception staff and the bar staff were really nice as well. the hotel's location is great. It's about 400m from the main street and beach.The private beach is quite small and would be very crowded in the busier summer months. There is a main road which you have to cross, its quite mad as the Egyptians don't like to stop!!
We booked with thomas cook and we were given the excursion list from our rep. After going down to the beach on our first day, we discovered an agent called Ocean Club which was based at another hotel, but they have a hut on the beach for booking the trips, these guys organised all the trips at a better price ( all very professionally done). It turns out that thomas cook book with the same people but charge you more. A must is the quad bikes in the desert (£13 each) for 2 hours, horse riding and the boat trip to Ras Mohammed - the snorkelling was amazing, you do three stops and lunch and soft drinks are included. The coral reefs and the fish are stunning. we also seen wild dolphins! We did book the Arabian nights with thomas cook which was a night in the desert, 3 course buffet meal with all drinks (alcoholic and soft), belly dancer, whirling dervish man, camel rides, shisha pipe etc. It was a great night finished off with star gazing which was a great laugh. lying in the dark looking at the stars!!
We were told to buy a visa which was $20 but we did not need it at all. it's a bit of a rip off. You would need it if you were going to Cairo or Luxor for they day. When I go back I will take a mixture of dollars (to pay for excursions), small amount of egyptian pounds and the rest english money(they do not accept scottish notes). Then change english money over there as you get a better exchange rate. It works out cheaper paying for excursions in dollars, You do get hassle from the guys in the street but a firm and polite no usually worked. Don't be tricked into going in their shop to sign guest book as it's just a con to get you in their shops, dining out was really cheap working out at £30 for 3 course meal with drink for 2. A great holiday, with great company. Can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of March 2007

oooohh dear

"i stayed here @ the begining of feb 07 ... .. on 1st arrival the hotel seemed clean & checkin was swift .. the room was clean but seemed to have had a hard life, the wallmounted lamps were bent & loose & were held in by 2in wood screws which werent all the way in, the lamp on the table was also bent, the room thermastat was loose & when you touched it wood come away from the wall, the french windows handles were broke & awkward to open. now the bathroom or mastic city as i call it .. it was everywhere .. there was a thick coating round the sink & bath , it was round the baths overflow where mold had started to grow underneath, the bath taps were bent,there were quite a few cracked tiles, the loo seat wasnt attatched to the toilet & the grouting looked dirty
now the food ... iv had better ..it was ok but nothing to write home about ..the reastaunt opens at 7pm where you'd expect the food to be piping hot but it was warm .. the staff were polite but couldnt cope & id hate to see it when it was full. several times id ask for a coffee an in the end id have to take my cup to the waiter to get 1. now the beach... theres a shuttle bus every half hour or a 5-8min stroll but to walk means you have to cross a busy road outside the hotel a the egyptians dont like to wait for you to cross so sometimes they dont bother stopping at all.. when you get to the beach which is sectioned into 20m widths for each hotel theres large fixed parasols which means everyone moves their lounger from under & into where you want to walk .. again id hate to see it at high season when everyone there !
now the town ... omg ! it was awfull ...you cannot walk 10m without being pesterd !! its all the time ..serious its all the time .. & you get ripped off ..while i was there i talked to quite a few english who said they'd had been ripped off in some way & everyone said that they didnt like it n wouldnt go back.
so if you take my advice ... Go Somewhere Else!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of February 2007

“Great Hotel good people fantastic country”

"Reviewed 2 February 2013
The hotel was perfect in every way, we love swimming and holidaying in January we had the choice of outdoor heated pool if the other one was a bit too cold. The food was the best we have ever eaten abroad, all thanks to good chefs, i was with a party of 4 and none of us had any upset tummies. The bed was massive and so was the room, very clean and comfortable. The entertainment was great which i never expected there to be any so early in the year, karaoke belly dancing night and even a snake charmer they even had bingo night they also provided excellent music while we sunbathed all day!!! Only a 5 minute walk to the main strip where all the bars are, even though they provide a shuttle bus to the beach we preferred the short stroll. The staff and management could not do enough for us we were honestly treated like royalty. The bar area and the whole hotel, inside and out, was spotless i can honestly find no fault with this accommodation. There is a safe in every room at no extra charge the rooms are cleaned every day including fresh towels, there is a cash point machine within the hotel which also changes English money. Shops are inside a kebab house outside and a shishka shop for anyone who fancies trying the vapour smoke outside with a drink. I would deffinately recommend this hotel to anyone and it is so peaceful and quiet at night, cant wait to visit it again in the near future.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of February 2013

Best Hotel out of the last five holidays in Egypt

Good

"We have just returned after two weeks in the Noria Resort Hotel 17/03/12-31/03/12.
The hotel was very clean the staff were superb nothing was any trouble to them.
If you want to find fault you can in any Hotel if you had a complaint of any nature the Management addressed it very quickly.
Food was very good this was one of the main appealing differences to the other Hotels we stayed in.
Presentation first class and again they tried to cater for everybody's needs.
People going to Egypt should remember that the Egyption Cuisine is not British however they are trying to please all and will if possible address any reasonable requirements. ( Just Ask ).
Before you ask the answer is yes we are hoping to go back next year."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of April 2012

Hotels near Noria Resort

Stayed at Noria Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Noria Resort

• weary by weary

"For us we like to laze by the pool but the hotel is 2 minutes from the main beach area which is nice and flat for a early stroll "

• Kathy B by Kathy B

"Save english money for tips in the hotel they appreciate it "

Noria Resort is also called