Melia Sinai

Pob 154 - Montazah , Ras Nasrani, Sharm El Sheikh 154 Egypt

Good

Ideally sited right on the beach, excellent snorkelling

Reviewed Mon 12th of July 2010

"Having just recommended this hotel to a friend (July 10) I thought I ought to add a review too even if it's a bit late. We had a very good week here, the food was always fresh and of enough variety to enable a person to vary their meal. We found the staff courteous and helpful, the room was a good size and everything was in working order. Our patio door onto the poolside was rather insecure but that didn't spoil our holiday at all. We had no other issues with security. The hotel is wonderfully sited, with the gardens right onto the beach, then a pontoon over the coral straight into the sea. Gorgeous. "

• Travel date: Fri 9th of July 2010

The perfect chillout place

Reviewed Mon 16th of March 2009

"We went on our first ever all-inclusive holiday for some sun, sea and relaxation after the winter weather. We couldn't have found a more perfect place. The weather was wonderful, the hotel grounds were beautiful and our room was comfortable with a sea view. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful for the most part. The snorkelling was amazing from the hotel jetty and the pools were clean with plenty of loungers.

The food was great with plenty of choice and with a few precautions like only drinking bottled water we didn't encounter any health problems. We would love to go back."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of March 2009

Best Holiday Ever

Reviewed Fri 6th of March 2009

"If you want good service, nice weather, good rooms, good pool, amazing snorkeling, amazing people go here.

I loved it there and Im so sad to be home. All the people there made us feel welcome and it made my stay alot better. The food was FAB. It was the same most days but it varied in style. Yes You do have to share tables sometimes but if you get there early then it's fine. We went for lunch at 12:30 everyday and then Diner at 6:30 every day and it was perfect.
The Service is amazing as was the hotel in general. I loved it there and I will be returning very very soon.

Best Holiday Ever :)"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of March 2009

Not bad but

Reviewed Mon 9th of February 2009

"We went during Aug. Weather fab. Pools lovely and clean. No probs with sun loungers etc. A long trek though for drinks from the one pool tho as even though all inclusive, drinks/food from pool bar not included. Mini bar in rooms also not included in all inclusive, even in the executive suites. Which seems unreasonable considering the hefty upgrade charge.

Sea and diving fabulous. Service ok, not much good english spoken so difficult sometimes depending on staff working at the time to make yourself understood.

Main problem food! Buffet style in main resturaunt very samey. Also lovely fresh fruit and cakes available but not kept cold and left uncovered for flies and birds to access, i'm sure it would have been fine but didnt like to risk it. Also, beware - if you are a couple ensure you get there in plenty of time to get a table for two, because if it's too busy the staf will quite readily sit you at a table of random strangers to make up numbers. Not the most romantic i have to say! Also there was apparently an a la carte place there but this does not open during August. Therefore stuck making up numbers with people all week.

And to finish, both ill for last two days until weeks after returning home, D&V.

Nice."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of February 2009

This is a very nice clean hotel, though...

Reviewed Thu 17th of July 2008

"This is a very nice clean hotel, though more of a 4 than a 5 star. The Hotel sits more or less on the beach and the staff couldn't be more friendly or helpful. The food is quite good though rather samey, lots of salad and pasta every day and then the rest of the food doesn't vary much. The breakfast was a bit of a let down and consists of either omelette or continental items and fruit, though you could have fried eggs on toast if thats your thing! You can't actually swim in the sea here unless you wish to walk down to the pontoon and then jump into the deep water,(because of the coral) all the boats head for this point too, as the divers all dive here, so it can get a bit crowded. We went all inclusive and found that we could only eat in the one restaurant and only drink in 2 in the evening. We were allowed drinks in the beach bar, but not if there was entertainment on, which meant that everyone who attended the beach party simply walked back up the beach to get drinks!! Half way through our holiday we both came down with a stomach bug, as did most other English people we spoke to, so that stopped us eating much for the rest of the stay. We found out on the plane home that this was the same throughout the resort and nearly everyone was or had been ill, so I dont think the Hotel was in any way to blame for this, though they do rinse the glasses out in tap water! I dont think I would go back to Sharm again, my stomach is finally ok after 6 days and a trip to the doctor."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of July 2008

Having checked your web site before book...

Reviewed Thu 12th of June 2008

"Having checked your web site before booking our holiday i thought i ought to take the time to write a review.
We found this hotel to be absolutely FANTASTIC!!.I must admit to being a little concerned before we got there having read some of the more recent comments but once we arrived all fears we put to rest.
Arriving at the airport all went swimmingly bags through before us! Taxi waiting outside as arranged.At hotel staff were charming and great with our 8 year old daughter, who had the best holiday ever and cried when we had to leave. This has never happened before.Our room was fantastic! we had paid extra for a seaveiw suite and were not disappointed.We had a quirky room right on the seafront.Ok maybe everything isn;t brand new but to be honest this hotel had a charm and character that a lot of the s****ier hotels lack.I found the food to be of an excellent quality,and varied with bbqs nightly and judging by how much food most people managed to get on their plates they couldn't have found it too bad could they? As for the birds at breakfast i thought they added to the fun, my daughter thought she was a princess who could call the birds.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful.We will definitely be going back.soon i hope.
Oh by the way this has the best snorkelling on the house reef , going elsewhere is just a disappointment."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of June 2008

This was my 6th Visit to Egypt. The Meli...

Reviewed Sun 8th of June 2008

"This was my 6th Visit to Egypt.
The Melia Sinai is a beautiful hotel set on one of the best snorkeling area's of Sharks Bay. We had beach front room.
The staff are very friendly and the place is spotlessly clean.

The only draw backs are: The food while of good quality lacks variety. You have to sign for all your drinks even on all inclusive and water is only served by the glass, bottled water is not included. The rooms are tired looking and the sheets/ towels were in need of updating.

This is not a 5 star hotel, more like a 3 but still had a enjoyable holiday.

• Travel date: Sun 8th of June 2008

Stayed here during the half term week wi...

Reviewed Tue 1st of April 2008

"Stayed here during the half term week with our disabled daughter and it was overall excellent.
We chose this hotel as we wanted to be by the sea and we were not disappointed as our room looked out over it. There is a pontoon out over the coral that you can snorkel from, our daughter loved this!
The hotel complex is very large and the walk from the restaurant to our room was rather long as we had to detour using wheelchair accessible routes. The pool was very nice (also right outside our room) and was never very busy despite being half term week.
Breakfast & dinner were very good but the restaurant was always very busy and you had to get there early if you didn't want to queue. There was a problem with birds in the restaurant at breakfast time pinching the bread (don't eat the iced buns, it may not be icing!) but management said that this problem was being dealt with!!!
Our room was excellent with safety deposit box and fridge, room service was also good.
The evening entertainment was good, again you have to get a seat early or your standing!
All staff were very friendly, room service was good, towels changed daily etc.
The hotel was quite a way from anywhere but nice if you didn't want to be in the hub of things.
I would recommend this hotel if you wanted a quiet sea/pool based holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of April 2008

Brilliant hotel, very clean & staff alwa...

Reviewed Mon 4th of February 2008

"Brilliant hotel, very clean & staff always polite and friendly. Worth paying extra for All Inclusive as the the hotel is some distance from the main resort so you would still have to pay the hotel prices for meals and drinks.

Likes:

- The views
- Snorkelling
- Diving
- People

Dislikes:

- Food (not much choice)
- AI Option finished at 11pm
- Restaurant not very big, not a problem in summer as hot enough to sit outside but in winter not enough tables so there was always a queue for dinner.

Personally I wouldn't book this hotel if you are expecting it to be a true 5 star it is more of an average 4 star but with the 5 star price ! "

• Travel date: Mon 4th of February 2008

This hotel is lovely but not a 5* or eve...

Reviewed Mon 28th of January 2008

"This hotel is lovely but not a 5* or even a particuarly special 4* It is very clean and the staff are all very friendly especially the entertainment team.

My main bugbear with this hotel is the food, the quailty is very good but the quantity very poor, it really is the same day after day and not much choice at all. There is a pasta chef every lunch & evening but again its the same thing there is no variety. It seems to just be grilled fish and chicken (I wouldn't risk personally as looked undercooked everytime I saw it) The fruit is always the same oranges, pears & bananas yet they manage to put a bit of mango, pineapple, etc in the fruit salad yet it isn't available on its own.

We paid extra to go all inclusive which is a must at this hotel as otherwise you will have to eat in the al a carte restraunt or taxi to naama bay, I think we would of spent the extra on drinks alone had we not.

Back to the food again please be aware that they don't cook bacon, sausage, ham etc so its not available at breakfast and if you want chips, cheeseburgers etc you will have to buy these from the al a carte restraunt (even if you are all inclusive!!)

The beach was fabulous and so Im told the snorkelling I didn't make it into the sea as it was a bit to cold for me and really deep, you have to enter from the jetty as the whole sea front is coral so you can't just walk in. There are plenty of loungers on the beach and it was never a problem getting one although this may be different in peak season.

Overall I was satisfied with the hotel but I wouldn't go back again due to the food.

Just a few other things I think are worth mentioning is that the bar stops serving at 11pm for all inclusive so I would advise getting a couple of rounds in just before. Take a look in the perfume shop Mustafa the guy who works there is lovely and just remember the prices are slightly higher than naama bay due to the quality (we found that out for ourselves the hard way)

If you take a walk along the beach from the left you will find the barons resort which has a small shopping centre, be very careful here as we literally got locked in a shop and don't let anyone offer to thread your eyebrows for free as they will do one then leave the other so you still end up paying !

I think that anyone considering this hotel on a 5* basis should look instead at the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons which we were told are amazing. Also if you have a night flight request the Melias MAS card (available from there website) as this gives you FREE late checkout until 4pm."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of January 2008

We too booked this hotel after reading r...

Reviewed Fri 18th of January 2008

"We too booked this hotel after reading reviews on Watchdog and TripAdviser. We were definitely not disappointed. It is a lovely hotel and the staff are really friendly and helpful. It was also excellent value for money.

Our room was great (except for the one mozzy in the whole resort!), the food was good if a little bland, and neither of us got sick which can be a bit of a worry in Egypt.

The real reason to stay at this hotel though is the snorkelling which is absolutely fantastic. Get into the water at the end of the jetty and it is like swimming in an aquarium and the coral is amazing.

The only negative comments we have is that the food can get a bit boring after a while and the all inclusive bar finishes as 11pm. Other than that I would recommend it wholeheartedly.

We stayed for new year and although there must have been a lot of people staying at the resort it never felt like that, you were always treated as special by the restaurant staff and you could always find a sunbed that didn't feel like you were packed like sardines! Having walked around and seen the other hotels in the area we definitely made the right choice."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of January 2008

I have never posted on message boards bu...

Reviewed Wed 2nd of January 2008

"I have never posted on message boards but as it was yours that led me to Melia Sinia, I thought I should and thank you for the introduction.

We could not have been luckier in choosing this hotel and choice based entirely on your reports. The staff and management are indeed the friendliest in the world and they do not appear to be making that effort. The hotel is kept spotless, the food was of a very high quality and there was no sickness reported although Swedish tourists were spread over 5 or six hotels and all apart from residents at Melia suffered.

The best beach on that coast by far with every conceivable choice of activities offered every day. Diving and snorkelling highly organised (or not if you wish) and among the very best.

If a trip to Giza is to be taken, go to Said in the Ground Floor Bazaar who will arrange flight, car and guide for the day to see New Cairo, Old Cairo, the Egyptian Museum, Pyramids, Sphinx, visit a perfumery and exhibition on Papyrus making including lunch for £150. The Guide in Cairo, Abdul, is a Masters Graduate with the most comprehensive knowledge of the past 5,000 years. A treasure.

Naama Bay can be missed without disappointment. We did not have time for Old Sharm but should have gone there - next time, as there certainly will be one.

Having stayed at several excellent resorts over many years I cannot recommend highly enough this hotel.

XL Airways are as always more than adequate but although XL Leisure having the finest notice board which remained empty the whole time, have a representative who does the best impression of the invisible man possible. It didn't matter as nothing was too much for these Egyptian people to do for all."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of January 2008

Hotels near Melia Sinai

Stayed at Melia Sinai? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Melia Sinai

• NNS by NNS

"Lovely place....the roads are dodgy though... "

Melia Sinai is also called