Pools Area

• paid internet
  • tv channel one russia

must book Luna sharm hotel

Reviewed 2nd January 2015

"Excellent hotel and very caring staff special thanks to (REDA)been very helpful very responsible price and affordable hotel,very safe environment for children and family,I am pure vegetarian and I enjoyed very tasty food so if you are vegetarian I would suggest Luna Sharm hotel, for vegetarian and with children and family, very supportive staffs, we had very safe and affordable Cairo trip in Egypt,we booked it from hotel I really enjoyed the trip to pyramids amazing experience, thanks to guide Mohammed, also we had really good advice from travel agent Mustafa Said who came to Luna Sharm hotel and advised us how to be safe and enjoy while in Egypt and some trip that enjoyable thanks for that,also we had wonderful new year party for 2015 with very testy food and some free entertainment,with traditional Egyptian dance, belly dance, magic show it was very worthy enjoyable holiday with reasonable price, thank you for all safe and enjoyable trip from Bhagvati Birks Nd Family "

• Travel date: 2nd January 2015

excellent hotel

Reviewed 2nd January 2015

"Excellent hotel, with reasonable price, excellent staffs and service, food I am pure vegetarian and I enjoyed food, very responsible price shops inside hotel you could get all in cheap price in hotel shops, also beauty parlor with cheap price. I mostly enjoyed food and realization at hotel, you could book all your trips from hotel with reasonable price. The hotel is suitable for everyone children and adults and all, as I said I enjoyed vegetarian food, if you are vegetarian and looking for reasonable price I would suggest LUNA Sharm Hotel..I enjoyed new year party and I had chance to dance with famous belly dancer and excellent new year 2015 food all this provided by free from Luna Sharm hotel overall excellent hotel and very helpful staff.thanks to hotel staffs for wonderful relaxing holiday very kind regards from Bhagvati Birk and family "

• Travel date: 2nd January 2015

This resort is overratted.

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"This is not a 4star resort. The resort itself was cleanish, if your not expecting perfect. The rooms were average, cleaned daily but in need of a refurbe. The pool was clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was discusting, I travelled with my husband on a short break without the children, thank god, because they would have been ill. There was nothing we could eat for breakfast appart from eggs. Nothing for lunch or dinner. We spent an extra £400 eating out everyday. The all inclusive drinks stop at 10pm which means even a soft drink or water is charged for. I would not recommend this hotel at all, is was a big disappointment. The only thing it could rate was the local beach, where the staff an snorkelling were amazing. Mine an my husbands overall review on this resort is, JUNK!!!!!!!!!! "

• Travel date: 10th November 2012

wonderful staff, should be rated 2 star very run down, food barely edible.

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"We arrived at Luna Sharm with quite high expectations, the hotel staff and manager were really helpful when we needed to change our room, we went all inclusive and only ate 3 times in the hotel restaurant, honestly, the food was appalling most days I picked up a serious tummy bug and I am being treated by my own doctor. It really was the hotel staff that made our holiday they were excellent, our rep Mohammed was wonderful and did his very best to try and change things for us. Barely anything that you could call entertainment, No aircon in the reception and bar, so the mosquitoes were rife, no snacks at all in between meals and we were all inclusive so if you did miss a meal you just had to go without. 10 oclock curfew for bar and when we went to the bar after 10 intending to pay first off we were snubbed by the barman and the charged £500 egp for 2 small egyption beers ripped right off the bar down the road was half the price. The cleanliness of the hotel was well below standard when we arrived there was sticky stains on the floor and bedside tables in our room I cleaned them myself. The drinking glasse in the bar were filthy I will go back to harm but the Luna Sharm I would never go there again. my thanks to the staff who could only work with what they had. Robbery and fights, all this in the short time we were there."

• Travel date: 7th October 2012

Ups and Downs!

Reviewed 1st September 2011

"Just returned not long ago from Eygpt staying in the Luna Sharm. First off the staff are friendly and quite helpfull and will help you with taxis, ordering mcdonalds etc. The food was quite underexpectations and was the same every day. Pasta, Rice and Chicken with a bit of salad and lots of bread! The drinks were good, with a small variety but were quite basic and bartime was limited (10am-10pm). The rooms were cleaned everyday which was good but mainly just making the beds and mopping the floor. The sunbeds were limited and lots of people where arguing about them. People would take towells off your bed and puts theres on. There was also a sneaky man who , who worked for the hotel, would take bribes to put your towells on other peoples beds! There was a bus everyday at 9pm to Naama Bay and came back at 11:30pm (which was a little early for all the things down there but it was free) Be aware! Across the road from the hotel there is a supermarket. The supermarket is fine but there is a man outside who takes you into his perfume shop and makes you buy something to leave. We ended up with different oils and perfumes costing us £65! If you want my advice there iis a man behind the desk called Fares and he is as honest as you will get as a receptionist so ask for him. There are two shops inside the hotel one for cigarettes, sweets, drinks etc and one with clothes and bags in run by Marco, a very nice man who will give you a good price. There is a sports bar next to the hotel called the tavern with all the football on which was helpfull for me and my dad and there is a pharmacist up the road for all medicines and creams. At the bar there were snacks but you had to pay extra for them but its all cheap out there. Overall it wasn't the best holiday we had but not the worst either. Thanks for reading my review."

• Travel date: 30th August 2011

keep away!!

Reviewed 16th December 2010

"went here on a last minute holiday for a week in december. food terrible just reheated pasta. staff very rude to women making comments on weight etc. beds are like bricks and sheets arn't changed all week. bad stomach after 2 days when speaking to other guests. thomas cook rep said it was the food as he also had the same after eating there. hotel full of flys due to bad hygiene, not an enjoyable week as it was wholely spent in the room!"

• Travel date: 16th December 2010

friendly

Reviewed 7th April 2010

"I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, Chef Abed, and bar staff Ali and Sherif made us very welcome, they were very helpful and great fun. the rooms are basic but clean. "

• Travel date: 6th April 2010

last minute deal

Reviewed 1st March 2009

"We booked 2 days before we went away. Hotel staff are ok, friendly, all men! They are a bit over friendly towards the women! The food was great, repatitive but no bad tummy which is common in Egypt. We went all Inclusive which was ok but you can only drink between 10am and 10pm, after that you have to pay. Drinks included on the all inclusive are only local beer, wine during lunch/dinner, local vodka/gin... and soft drinks are coke/fanta/sprite... thats it!! they don't include diet drinks, these you have to pay for, oh and you pay of tonnic too! There is no evening entertainment so its a bit boring unless you go into town which is ok if your ready to get pounced on to go into their shops.. we felt a little scared to be honest in the town, if you said no they spat at the floor in discust! so beware! The pool is really cold, infact freezing, there is no heating and noone goes in the pool, we tried but it took our breath away!! lol.. we complained about it and were told its gets warmer in the summer! the rooms are all the same and very basic, they have a problem with water pressure in all rooms, on our day to leave the water was turned off and we had to wait 1 hour for the water to be turned back on. When you first turn the taps on the water can be a bit brown but i think this is due to rusty pipes! the rooms dont have irons or tea/coffee making facilities and there is no safe. It literally has a tv and a small fridge.. thats it! The tea and coffee there is horrid so take your own, we did and they didn't mind getting you hot water. all in all it was an ok hotel.. if they sorted the pool out with a heater and made the rooms up to date we'd go back. Also just to add you dont get mineral water included on the all inclusive, the water in the hotel is expensive so we bought it from the shop across the road.. you weren't supposed to, there are posters stating this but they never ask to search your bag. "

• Travel date: 1st March 2009

SUPER HOLIDAY *****

Reviewed 30th January 2009

"not long returned form Egypt, my partner and i stayed at the Luna Sharm hotel and we really enjoyed are holiday. for how cheap are holiday was and for a 3 star hotel it was amazing (if u want luxuary then pay for a 5 star hotel). the food was fantastic not alot of choice but still plently. breakfast offered omlets,toast, sausage, eggs boiled and fried, cereals, pastries and fresh fruit. lunch and dinner offered a large salard selection, beef chicken ect, and lots of desserts. the weather was hot for the time of the year and there were always lots of avaliabe sunbeds around the pool. the pool was clean and a resonable size altough it was to cold to go in sometimes. the hotel staff were so friendly and made us feel very welcome. we had are own personal waiter mohammed which we made friends with and also made very good friends with a gentleman named essam from the shops in the hotel. the rooms were cleaned daily and all our clothed were folded and toiletries organised, the bed was decorated daily with flowers which was lovely. there are lots of things to see and do in egypt which are only a taxi drive away. we went on a quad biking excursion through the desert which is a must do. if you can get this holiday for a reasonable price we would highly recomend staying here. we will definatly be returming to egypt but i think we will stay in a larger hotel and pay more. "

• Travel date: 30th January 2009

Just returned from a week's holiday with...

Reviewed 6th April 2008

"Just returned from a week's holiday with my twins. A brilliant and a safe hotel. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Excursions booked by the hotel were reasonable as compared to others. Room was very spacious and clean, the children loved the pool. Food was unfortunately not very good and drinks were quite expensive. On the whole we have had a great holiday. The hotel should definitely be a 4*."

• Travel date: 6th April 2008

It was a good base

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"The Luna (no longer Mercure chain) was adequate for what we wanted. We are a family with two children under 10. We stayed B&B. Breakfast was a bit repetitive and a bit of variety would have been welcomed. The pool was great, the children loved it. The rooms were basic but sufficient for what we needed. They were cleaned daily. We went "yuk" when we saw the splattered mosi's on the walls and ceilings, but at the end of our stay, it was no problem as we'd added a few more!! We did day trips to Cairo and Luxor, Ras Mohammed National Park. Naama Bay is a short taxi ride away. Old Sharm was a disappointment. If you're not into shopping, there isn't much else there. The hotel was a good base. The weather was great."

• Travel date: 12th November 2007

Brill

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Had a brill time! Arrived at night and first impression I was dissappointed by this hotel, but things looked very different in the morning. The hotel was very clean, and the staff extremely helpful. I loved the fantastic display created with towels and flowers I received each morning on my bed. The hotel is in a very good location. I really advise a trip to see the pyramids in Cairo - Brill holiday!"

• Travel date: 3rd September 2007

Hotels near Luna Sharm Hotel

Top traveller tips for Luna Sharm Hotel

• by hollie_parker

"generally seeing their way of life"

• by hollie_parker

"it is amazing and there are lots of things to see and do you wont get bored "

• by Bhagvati

"excellent valuable hotel,with excellent staffs service and food, very safe with family "

• by Bhagvati

"It's trust worthy hotel , with extremely supportive staff and safe for every one every thing near"

Luna Sharm Hotel is also called

• Mercure Luna Sharm El Sheikh
  • luna hotel sharm el sheikh
  • sharm el sheikh luna