Lido Sharm Hotel

Naama Bay - Main Street South Sinai Governorate, Sharm El Sheikh 12345 Egypt

Loved It

"What a great idea for a hotel, Shaped like a cruise ship :)
Location is amazing bang on the beach in Naama Bay(all shops, restaurants,Prominade and night life are 4 mins walk away)
Room was nice very clean, hotel staff were very helpful.
Would recomend this hotel to anyone:)"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of May 2007

Lido Excellence

"Well. What a great place to stay. The best location in Naama Bay. Right at the beach/sea front. Interent/website photos etc do not do this place justice. I thought it looked a bit odd etc. However the hotel has more aesthetic value than your avergage monoblock monster. I have just cam back and despite looking for faults or complaints - I can honestly say I have none. Both my wife and I have travelled extensively in the far east, carribean, north america, north,south,west and eastern europe, travelled for business amd stayed just about everywhere. The hotel utilisises the rock that it it is built round and gives it a very soft,earthy feel and is beautifully maintained. It centres around the upper sundeck/pool area, middle lounge deck area and lower level restaurant which is on decking over the water. This hotel has shown great imagination in putting this lot together. Being a medium size hotel it does not suffer from screaming kids or noisy teens. Each of the areas in the hotel have a great amount of space and you are not crammed in like sardines. The rooms are as you expect - tv, mini bar, a/c all balconies with sea view/mountains. The centre of Naama Bay is a slow 10 minute walk maning the hotel ideal. Naama bay itself is very modern spotlessly clean and easy going. No hassles from locals for restaurants or shops etc. Naama bay could easily pass for any upmarket area any where in the world. Thorougly recommeded and very safe.

One thing for divers though. Dive School Below 100 - you may wish to avoid no BWRAF or safety checks. Not impressed with dive briefs. Go to Werner Lau next door to the hotel - top class.

R Bowie 11 May 2007"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2007

what a view

"stayed at lido dec 2006 great room ,on bow of hotel everything provided soap shampoo bath gell etc good stocked fridge various t v channels extreemly clean and well maintained hotel good breakfast choice dining area in a beautifull setting very very large bed clean non crowded pool area efficient friendly staff unique hotel great holiday"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of February 2007

Such a special place !

"Let me start by saying that the only reason I decided for this hotels were reviews on this page.
My bf and me are 29 and 34yrs. As we do a lot of business traveling (always 5* hotels) we get a bit picky when it comes to hotels and their service and how clean they are. What we wanted from this vacations was to have good, CLEAN hotel, with nice beach not too much activity and a good service.
So, Lido:
LOCATION: really 2min walk to the center (I hate walking so I was a bit worried if it's really so close - don't worry, it is.) Road from center to hotel not busy at all.
STYLE: Design of hotel is quite special with big (fake) rock in the middle, lots of greenery (you can hear birds singing), wood etc. I think it's just about enough different. It looks authentic, not kitchy at all.
ROOMS: this was the only slight disappontment (however we were forewarn by the previous post). They didn't manage to put any sort of panache into the rooms, they are quite standard, a bit outdated (not worn out, just passe). But they are clean, big enough, bathroom is clean as well. Towels were changed every day, room cleaned and sorted. We did get towel sculptures but only on the last day :-)
RESTAURANTS & FOOD: gorgeous. we were on breakfast and dinner basis and both were flawless. Taste, variety, ... Nice salad bar at dinner, absolutely fantastic dessert choice (I have a sweet-tooth). Always 3 - 4 types of meat, 2 side dishes plus some form of pasta. And a chef that cooked additioonal something (usually curry) on spot for you. And outside grill with additional 2-3 dishes. Fruit selection as well (the best oranges I ever had in my life !!!) - this was all Delphino restarurant. You as well have an a la carte one and the On-deck one - we didn't try them but they were full all the time.
BEACH: sandy part is small (as the hotel is :-) but very clean, loungers in working order. You don't need any shoes to go in the water. Wooden jetty was nice as well. We got new towels each day and always had the loungers we wanted. Music comes from the beach next door, it's OK, not too loud.
POOL: as the sea was very warm we didn't even bother with the pool. Its heated but not very big. However the terrace and the view are amazing !!!
SERVICE: here, I have to compliment everybody, from the guy at the reception to beach bar guy. I have never encountered such a level of kindness, friendliness (without being pushy or overbearing). You get the feeling they are truly interested in you having a good time. Hotel's animation guy (I do not know his name) is FANTASTIC. Really funny, kind, friendly, again if you don't want that, he will leave you alone. You can join the few activites he organises (just enough, otherwise it gets too much) or just lay there and watch. If you need someone to animate you heavily during your vacation, than go somewhere else. Waiters (and there are a lot of them:-): again no comment. They really try to accomodate you, to be kind and friendly.
So all in all, to be honest I feel in love. This is quite a special place, it is a home away from home (except at home you won't have a feeling you matter THAT much :-)
I have also tried the massage in the hotel, now that was a wild experience: the lady does not really speak good english so it was more of a surprise thing. It's not expensive (50€ for total body and face massage). It was funny when she decided I have too much hair on my face (I though she meant eyebrows) and I gave her thumbs up to do them. However from there she took a thread and did my entire face!!! OK, I do have babyface skin now but it was a bit harem-ish feeling :-)
And there is another thing: diving centre at the hotel. This is an absolute MUST !!!!!! I have never dived in my life and my bf has a certificate so when they asked us if we were interested he was ready to go so I decided I'll snorkel. They are extremly proffesional - my bf had to do a scuba review as he didn't dive for more than 1 year, you feel very safe, they take their time to explain things to you - very very friendly and nice. We went out on a boat for a day and during that time our instructor Jusif convincted me I should have an intro dive. How grateful I am !!!!! It was the best 40min I had for a long time. You only have to breath he'll do the rest. For 50€ I would strongly urge you to do it. It is totaly unforgetable !!! . I am in fact considering doing a course (my bf already decided do to the advanced one). So, all my thanks and regards from my bf as well to Yusif and all the guys at the centre - you are great !!! It is indeed something one shouldn't miss on Red sea, especially if you have such a good crew taking care of you.
There is also a small reef on hotel beach. Our travel agent said that this hotel doesn't have a reef but there is this small one. But its enough, you will see all you need to see. So don't just lay there but have a look.
NAAMA BAY: very clean, we felt completely safe. Shop owners are not pushy at all (we had a bad experiance in Tunis). Enough places to have a drink or party (PASHA).
All in all, this were probably the best vacations we ever had (we are back for a week now but it's still on our mind all the time) and it's the first time we said we are definitely going back, perhaps even this year (Feb next year the latest).
So thanks again to everyone at Lido to be so engaged in being excellent. Special thanks to Yusif and our animation guy."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of February 2007

Suited us perfectly

"There are very few bad things to say about this hotel and all the good things have already been said so many times, it has to be great – Loved it. A fantastic alternative to all-inclusive."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of February 2007

A note of caution

"Whilst I agree with many of the other reviews that the location of this hotel is fab and sitting on the deck watching the sunset is to die for..................................the rooms are more basic than I'd expect compared to other 4star hotels. They're pretty small and the sound insulation isn't great. Also really simple stuff like providing soap bars doesn't happen and the minibar isn't replenished. It took 3 requests to get an iron.

If you get a cheap deal - fine - but if you're used to 4star don't expect it here!"

• Travel date: Sun 31st of December 2006

Perfect Hotel!!

"This hotel is special! My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week in december 2006 and it was such an amazing week! The hotel is beautiful, our room was fantastic and the staff made our holiday even more special. The hotel is also in the perfect location, its a 5 minute walk to the shops, bars and resturants and about 30 seconds to the beach!!!

Sharm el Sheikh is a really nice friendly place to stay, there are loads of resturants to choose from and nice bars to go to, the food is also mega cheap although the drinks can get a bit pricey. We would definantly reccomend the "Camel" bar which was by far our favourite place to have a drink or something to drink.

We would also recommend the quad biking trip through the desert which most trip organisers do. Its only £10 and is such a fun afternoon out, go in the evening though as you will get to see the sun set and driving in the dark is quite fun!

If you want to go to Sharm el Sheikh then please stay at the Iberotol Lido it is by far the best hotel there!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of December 2006

Can't wait to go back!

"What a great hotel, right on the beach too! They picked us up from the airport and the driver was very nice. While we checked in they gave us a fruity drink. The weather was perfect and it wasn't too crowded in September. We stayed in one of the Suites, very nice! We also got the all-inclusive packages. All meals included and some beverages. The staff was super nice and they were very helpful. We are divers, so we were gone most of the day, but our room was on the floor with the pool and it was very relaxing, by day two after diving, the bartender would greet us with a couple of drinks. We did not have any bad experiences in Sharm el Sheikh or at the Lido. We are planning on going back next September, but we might stay longer this time! 1 week is not enough. Oh and you must get one of the spa packages! Great massage and body scrubs. The chairs on the deck on the water fill up fast, otherwise we had a chair on the beach and the pool with no problem (dead season for them). We really liked being close to everything in Naama Bay. The food was great at the Lido; they tried to do something different every single night. The breakfast had everything on the buffet. The cooks and the wait staff were very friendly and great! Like I said I have nothing negative to say about the Lido!"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of December 2006

Excellent- Best Location in Naama Bay

Good

"Just back from a week in the Lido. We picked this Hotel based solely on other people’s reviews on Trip advisor so am just repaying the favour. Excellent hotel. Very friendly, rooms cleaned spotlessly. We had a deluxe room with sea view on the top deck which had excellent views of the sea and Naama bay. The Hotel is situated just at edge of the town (2 mins walk) so you can avoid the hustle and bustle of the town centre. I would advise booking on B&B basis as there are many restaurants to choose from - Little Budda, Tam Tam, and a few lovely fish restaurants on the sea front and are very reasonable. Plus you also have the option of eating in the floating on Deck restaurant in the Lido. The hotel also has excellent snorkelling outside the door !

Few tips if you have never been to Egypt before. In the shops nothing is price marked. They want and expect you to haggle. Always offer a quarter of what they ask and then bargain up to a half. Regarding taxis we paid 100 LE (£10) from the airport but we got a taxi back to the airport for only 30LE (£3 english) but they will try and charge you anything up to 200 LE - haggle haggle !
I never go back to the same resort/hotel for a holiday but we will be making an exception here. We are now booking for next year.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel !"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of December 2006

Loving the Lido experience

Good

"Previously of the backpacker ilk, my partner and I proceeded with caution to a ‘quality tourist hotel’, expecting overburden pressure to involve ourselves in touristy activities. What we experienced was casual exposure to open, un-opinioned advice from pleasant and informative staff. This, in addition to the relaxation and opulence we (before arrival we were not overly concerned about) were exposed to in a relaxed, unpressurised environment was an unexpected pleasant experience.

Whether you are wanting exuberance, which the hotel offers, in additon to delicious food whilst experiencing amazing views of the sunrise and sunset over Namma Bay or the numerous incredible diving experiences, which the hotel (at additional price) offers, in addition to affordable accommodation with pleasant, informative and cheerful staff, you will thoroughly enjoy your experience.

Once gripe we found that if you do partake in the (extremely tasty evening self service-buffet) does cost around 50% more than other, extremely good 3 course meals offered in other restaurants in Namma Bay."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of December 2006

Wonderful

"My partner and i stayed at the Iberotel Lido , Sharm in Dec 08 . We were on a bb basis , we really loved this hotel from the location to the staff. Nothing was to much trouble. Food in the hotel was great with a varied breakfas menu from cereal , pastries and a chef making fresh omlettes to order. The hotel is on the beach front with a small private beach ,. you recieve a towel card on check in so you dont need to take a beach towel. The only thing we found were the couple trying to get us to buy massages were a bit pushy . All in all a wonderful hotel with great location , rooms were spacious with balcony with sea view . Not much storage in rooms but adequate. Would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of January 2009

Hotels near Lido Sharm Hotel

Stayed at Lido Sharm Hotel? Share your insight.

Lido Sharm Hotel is also called