La Vita Resort & Spa

Al Sheikh Zayed St., Sharm El Sheikh Egypt

Had a Great Time!

"We arrived on 9th Oct 07 at the Savita which is called La Vita at the entrance. The name of the resort is currently undecided between the owner and manager so is called both! Very confusing.
Hotel was excellent. Room was spotless and all rooms had a view of the sea. We had an extra extension to our balcony which was shared between 6 others which we didn't mind. The bed in the room was massive! Pillows abit hard so I used a folded towel which the room service man left folded for me early day instead of a pillow which was sweet. Rooms were cleaned every day. The pool was amazing, took me 10mins to swim around it all. There are 4 pools in total but the other 3 are rarely used. Get your towels out early to get a good spot. All the beds and beanbags on the beach and grass were gone by 5am!
We treated ourselves to a turkish bath here which was amazing. The staff were really friendly and looked after us well. This was the highlight of the holiday and would recommend it if you are going to stay here. The food was nice, there was always something we liked. The queue for the omelettes in the morning was abit of a pain but at lease the russians didn't push in! Beware of rude people pushing in front of you at dinner and not willing to queue like the rest of us. We made it clear to them this was not acceptable and towards the end of the holiday it wasn't happening as much. It was nice to see the staff telling them also and refusing the serve them drinks at the bar unless they went to the end of the queue. Talking about the bar this was the biggest disappoint. They ran out of beer on tap every day and then completely 2-3 days before we left. They replaced it with crap tinned beer. Also soft drinks were sometimes flat and they ran out of tonic water. The main bar in the evening for all-inclusive shuts at 11pm but their clock was 10 mins fast so there was always a mad rush at 10.30. The staff at the bar were lovely and if you tipped them they would bring you drinks before you finished the last ones. Snokelling was great. Mosquitos were a nightmare as we got bited loads but could never see the buggers! Flies during the day were so annoying, managed to kill 17 of them in a squatting game so thats a few less for everyone else to deal with!! Overall we both had a lovely time. All the English people we met weren't happy with this all-inclusive hotel in Egypt but they had been to other places in Egypt before the compare it to. We however had not so really enjoyed staying here for our first visit to Egypt."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of October 2007

It's Bad

"We stayed at the La Vita (formerly Savita) for 2 weeks returning 1st October (it's taken me this this long to even speak about it). This was our fourth holiday in Egypyt and in all honesty the La Vita is the worst hotel we have ever stayed and has put us off ever returning to Egypt. We booked this through Thompson who are mis-selling this hotel as a 4* plus.
When we arrived our rooms weren't ready and we had to wait for 30 mins while they finished cleaning them, once in the rooms we then waited a further 30 mins for our luggage.
Within 48 hours of arrival we all went down with a terrible stomach bug followed by chest infections. A trip to the chemist in Naama Bay (there isn' one on site) to buy medications helped.
Food at this hotel was diabolical, repetative, bland and barely warm. I think they cater mainly for the 80% Russian contingent, whom I was told by one of the waiters will eat anything! and they did!. We did'nt bother using the complimenatry meal tickets offered at chek-in to the seafood (hardly anyone every in there) and steak (4/5 plastic tables around the pool bar) restaurants. We ended up eating in Naama Bay on numerous occassions just to get away from the place. Rooms were ok, tea and coffee making facilities ( when kettle plugs worked) replenished each day. Rooms were cleaned each day with fresh linen and clean towels. Unfortunately the gross stench coming through the bathroom vents was stomach churning at times, this accompanied by the extreme smell of what smelt like diesel coming through the air con made the room very unpleasant. Bars were neither well stocked or manned and the evening Moonlight Bar lacked atmosphere. Evening entertainment ( I use the term loosely) in the amphitheatre didi'nt start till 10pm and was boring.
No stools around the pool bar made it impossible to have a relaxed drink. Waiters do get better the more you tip. Animation team and their loud repetative music around the pool get's very tedious on a daily basis. DJ's- Fat Boy and Slim ( when you see them you'll understand) play the same CD over and over. Towels start getting put onto sunbeds as early as 6am, get down to the pool after 9.30 and youv'e virtually had it!. Shops in the hotel are a rip off . My daughter and I went for a facial treatment £25 at the hotel salon, this was probably the most expensive laugh of the holiday. On top of the face pack they stuck bits of toilet paper all over our faces ( think they were taking the poverbial).
We lodge our grievences (not about the facial) with Dee the Thompson rep and have since received a cursory letter from them, which quite honestly is an insult following this experience. I do hate being negative but find it hard to write anything positive about the La Vita. However, our thanks do go to Mad Alex. Alex sells the boat trips etc around the pool. We went on his speed boat trip to 'Tiran Island' and it was the highlight of our holiday.
I have had some great holidays in Egypt in the past (Coral Sea last year was fab) but this holiday has honestly put me off going to Egypt ever again. Thanks Thompson!."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of October 2007

Awful Food

"I stayed at the Savita ( now Lavita for some reason) for a week, coming back on the 5th October.
I took my sister as it was her first time to Egypt, and I had been raving about it.
Our first impressions were favourable, the hotel is very impressive, with a huge pool, clean rooms and a wonderful position right on the (manmade) beach.

Our rooms were spacious, clean and the beds were simply huge, thought the baths were tiny, little more than glorified shower trays.

Ok, the bad stuff, the food is simply dreadful, having visited Egypt three times this year, this was definately the worst hotel I have stopped at.
Within a day of arriving, my sister was taken ill with the dreaded holiday stomach, myself falling victim to it 24 hours later.
I visited the local chemist, got tablets, which didnt shift it, having to visit 3 days later to get higher dosage antibiotics, we are both still ill and I am due to visit my GP on Monday.

This was a very common occurence with pretty much everyone we spoke to, who all either had it or someone in their party who had contracted it.

The main problem is the food, its cold,and by and large unappetising, it is obviously batch cooked in quantity in the kitchens, left to cool, then brought out and put into the warmers which then feebly tried to heat it up, making it lukewarm at the best.
At the other limited places where you could get food than the main restuarant, they didnt even bother to turn the burners on under the warmers, we watched staff bringing trays of chopped frankfurters from the main kitchen to the pool bar, leaving them on the side for 40 minutes, then at the stroke of 1pm, putting them into the cold servers.

Myself and my sister existed for 5 days on pretty much soup and bread rolls.

Several people complained to the First Choice rep, who first blamed the Sun, the when people told her that they had visited in August when its 45 C, changed her story to the water they used to water the plants, saying it was spreading bacteria through the air!!

I myself have lodged a complaint with Thomsons, the Rep having apparently seen the Manager and voiced our concerns.

The spa is useless, my sister had a manicure, which was a waste of time, took an hour, cost £20, and she has to go back to a nail salon in the UK to get it re done.

Special mention has to go to the bloke in the supermarket, which has no prices on anything, he looks you up and down before giving you a price, obviously judging on what you can affford, he seems to have a genuine contempt for the English, often serving other nationalities before, even though we were waiting patierntly in the queue.

Not all was bad, the reception staff were fantastic, very helpful, and the guy who cleaned my room was extremely nice, as well as Joseph at the pool bar.

The heated pool wasnt, and even though the hotel had only been open 6 months, a lot of tiles on the swimming pool were chipped, leaving sharp edges.
Also for such a big pool, there was only 1 set of steps into it, and 2 sets of ladders, one which had rungs missing.

At night, there was only the one bar you could get drinks from, it was a huge hassle and wait, as there was only 2 barmen serving, 1 of which used too spend his time making cocktails for and entertaining a group of young russian girls whilst people were waiting to be served. Though this was academic to us, as after the second night, we were both so bad we could only drink water or pop, and spent most of our evenings in our rooms being ill.

Having stopped for 2 weeks at the Baron Palms in July, the Savitas failing where only more too obvious.

I really suggest if you have booked here to change. The experience has so affected my sister she has cancelled a holiday we had booked to go to Turkey next year."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of October 2007

Fully Inclusive???

"Just arrived back early hours of this morning...

When we arrived first impressions was obviously hott and looked pleasant. Coach was with air-con. Arrived to Savita which is now Lavita. First impressions was amazing, staff all happy and helpful.

Did not like the fact we had a bell boy take our cases then bring them to the room and then expect a tip, which we did give.

Room was lovely and clean, fresh towels and a new bottle of water everyday, bed was comfy and great views. After our first night we sorted everything and had to wait for half an hour for the manager to sort out our safe as the last couple left it closed and we could not get into it. How ever, on the following tuesday it took us over an hour to get back into our room as the key card did not work, and all reception would tell us that it is not there problem, 7 times it took for them to sort it out.

Food from the restuarant was cold and horrible, Russians pushing infront instead or queing like the rest of us. Not enough glasses to get a drink, desserts were dry and had no taste.
There are 3 other restaurants which you would have to pay for as its not part of the package in the hotel.
The Piano bar by reception is ok, waiting ages for a drink as under staffed and only one person serving. After 11 o'clock you have to pay for drinks, which is pretty expensive

The pool bar was ok, lovely food execpt the steel containers were not big enough for the amount of people there. Drinks came in plastic cups which are roughly 4 mouth fulls same as the plastic plates, so have to keep going to the bar all the time to re-fill. Waiting times for a drink were some days unreal as only one person serving.

The staff members from the Health Spa harrass you to use the health spa, they dont leave you alone. I had to even make a complaint against one of the staff members.
The pool itself was lovely, bit chilly but felt nice once you have felt hott from the sun. How ever, make sure you get up early to get a sun-bed, i was up at 6:30am to put a towel down, otherwise none would be left from 9am.

Be careful of the small grocery shop in the hotel, as nothing is priced and he makes it up as he goes along to get more money out of you, so you have to haggle with them, which we found out during the week.

The Entertainment was lousy, i would of had more fun watching paint dry then watching their shows. As it was half an hour for the children then half an hour for the adults.
During the day it was the same CD which would be playing then the staff would leave it to play then it would skip for two hours and no one would sort it out. The same programme such as water gym, volleyball etc etc.

We stayed for two weeks, and heading towards the last few days could not wait to leave, so many more problems to tell, but would be on here for days if i told you them all about the hotel and Naama Bay.

But with out a doubt i would never go back to Savita, let alone Sharm El Sheikh"

• Travel date: Fri 5th of October 2007

first class

"any one due to stay at this hotel is in for a fantastic treat, what a beautiful place to stay, hotel was spotless, rooms cleaned every day including fresh sheets changed daily, food was great with a choice of different dishes each sitting, from beef, chicken, pasta, rice, salad bar, and lots of beautiful danish pastries and cakes, pool was great and beach right near for fantastic snorkelling with plenty of fish to see, excellent holiday, staff very friendly and always happy to help, only draw back is there is no where to go outside the hotel, having said that a taxi into namma bay or sharm town is a 15 minuite drive and only £12 return, fantastic holiday and would recommend this hotel we will certainly be going back"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of October 2007

Dont Bother

"Arrived at the Savita on 6th September 2007. Looked very impressive from the outside. Checked into the room which was adequate, bathroom looking a bit shabby for only a year old (cracked tiles etc). The rooms were kept very clean cant complain. The pool area was great if should could stand the loud music from the animation team and especially if you like the same music every day. There is building work going on next door starting at 7.00 in the morning and drilling, but when the music starts around the pool the drilling seems to fade. The all inclusive part of the hotel was a joke asked for a "Bloody Mary" and didnt make it with tomatoe juice as they did not have any it was awful and not included in the all inclusive package. The piano bar is a lovely large bar area - nobody in it though as you had to pay for your drinks. Dont bother with the Steak Bar or the Fish Restaurant because the food was worse than the buffet restaurant which was very repetitive and boring. There are snack bars available 3 around the pool and one upstairs but to be honest they served small cheese rolls, chips and pizza. The drinks around the pool are served in very small white disposable plastic cups so kept having to get frequent top ups as one sip and it was gone. As usual all us Brits were ill and yes the immodium does not work have to get their medicine - stomach still not right and have been back 5 days. There are hardly any english people at this hotel mainly Ukranian, Russian and Polish. To be honest the best food we had all of our stay was room service because I was ill and consisted of a club sandwich which was lovely - shame the best meal you have is a sandwich. I would definitely say that this is not a 4*+ hotel and was extremely disappointed. Friends we met were so disappointed that they asked to be moved and were. I would not recommend anybody to go to this hotel, it could be lovely but they have got so much wrong with the running of it. Hope you found this helpful."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of September 2007

All Inclusive-I dont think so!

"When we arrived the Hotel looked perfect. Check in was so easy and the room was perfect. Dropped the bags and went to the bar. The drinks they had were very basic and the staff looked quite embarrased. Oh well. Lets try another bar. The piano bar doesn't have a piano and is not all inclusive. The big Horn Restaurant comprises of four plastic tables by the pool and a very small grill. Again the drinks were not part of the all inclusive package. This meant there was only one bar at night on all inclusive and one night they ran out of Gin, Tonic, Vodka and Lemonade.
The food was very good in the buffet restaurant. We went into Narma Bay a fewtimes just for a change and the restaurants were very good and extremely well priced. The Camel Bar Indian Restaurant was superb.
The snorkelling from the hotel beach was on a par with Ras Mohammed and this made our holiday. It was superb. The pool at the hotel was excellent as well but you have to be down for 7.45 to get a sunbed. Believe it or not it was the Brits who got up at the crack of dawn to secure a space.
On the whole we enjoyed our holiday but we would not go back to this hotel. All the amenities were not available and the all inclusive package was not all inclusive. Last year we went to Tropicana Grand Oasis and I thought it was much better."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of September 2007

Loved The savita Resort

Good

"Just came back from Savita yesterday!!! I loved the place. me and my husband we stayed there 15 days.
The Savita is only 5 minutes from the airport we arrived at the hotel in an air conditioned coach.
The Savita is beautiful. the hall is huge, in marble and glass. Check in was very simple.
All the rooms are all sea facing with balconies and are big with a wonderful huge bed with pure white Egyptian cotton bed linen. They clean the room and change the bed linen every day.
The food in the buffet restaurant is very nice with a good variety and any kind of pasta, for the Italians!!!!! The food isn’t as bad as some other reviewers have made out.
Just pay attention to the waiters if you leave your dish on the table to go take something more they will removed it immediately also if you not have even touch it so please pay attention to avoid a waste of food for nothing!!! all the drinks are all inclusive and also wine and beer until 11,00 pm. There are other two restaurants, one for fish and another one is a BBQ restaurant in the beach (4 tables) , they are not part of the all inclusive but you will get a 25% discount. There is one bar at the swimming pool, 2 in the beach/garden and one near the entrance. Anyway is the first time, after six, that i don't get sick in Egypt with the food.
The swimming pool is beautiful and is open until midnight. There is also a separate kids pool. If you want stay at the swimming pool is better reserve your sun bed before breakfast. At the beach I would recommend wearing beach shoes is an artificial beach made like a terrace and there are 2 long floating jetties that take you directly inside the sea near the reef where you can see beautiful fishes. The snorkelling is fantastic.
The animation is quite good, they organize beach volley, football, water gym..... the only thing I disliked was the volume of the music...was really loudly from 8,30 in the morning till midnight but after we complained (we was not able to sleep!!!) they started to put down the volume. They have also a Spa ...but is not like our standards...my advise is not to use it and don't spend money for that. The structure of the SPA is good but the employees are first all guys (not everyone like to get a massage from a Egyptian guy that never had seen a naked girl before!!) and second not professional at all and is relatively expensive. Enjoy the gym is open from 9,00 AM to 9,00 PM and it is free. There is a shuttle bus free 3 times a day to Naama and to the Old market otherwise the price is 4 euros return trip per person.
Over all was a great holiday, I would come back in this hotel but keep in mind is always a 5 stars...egyptian standards. The Hotel is new and they still fixing some problems."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

New hotel all inclusive

"Well...on our first night of arriving at the Savita Resort we ordered a glass of wine from the bar to be told that wine was not included in our all inclusive package and we would have to pay extra for this. We then decided to have a look around the hotel and to our pleasant suprise there was a bbq restaurant by the pool so my wife and I decided we would have a meal there. It was then that it was explained to us that the meal at this particular outdoor restaurant was not in the all inclusive offer and that we would have to once again pay extra for this. The only place we could eat which was within the all inclusive package was the buffet restaurant. Our rep from Thompson told us that the buffet restaurant would have a themed night every night. This was not true. We ended up eating out 9 out of the 14 nights in Nama Bay which has some fantastic restaurants, one of which we can very highly reccomend by the name of "Dananeer". In our opinion this is the best steak and seafood restaurant we have ever been to, well worth a visit. One last comment on the food would be that Ice Cream should be included and not charged for. The next day we recieved a call in our room to see if we had setteled in ok. I explained that we were surprised of the lack of things that were not all inclusive. Sheriff, the front of house manager, explained that Egyptian owned hotels do not offer the same as European owned hotels that provide all inclusive holidays. However Sheriff then upgraded us free of charge and also invited us to the barbecue restaraunt for a complementry meal and bottle of wine. Would we go back to the Savita Resort....Yes but hopfully they will take note of this and other comments as to what British tourists expect from an all inclusive holiday. The lack of information on this resort is in no way the fault of hotel but is the downfall of the travel agents for not explaining fully what can be expected from the Savita Hotel when booking an all Inclusive holiday. Sheriff is a great manager and think with a few changes here and there this hotel could be a real jewel in Sharm El Sheilk"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

fab

Good

"dont know why this hotel is not in the top 10 of Sharm El Sheikh hotels. Beautiful hotel, excellent staff and the snorkelling is fantastic. We transferred here from the Coral Sea Resort and this hotel is actually cheaper than the Coral, but far superior, could not believe our luck when we arrived at the stunning reception. The beds are really comforable, the view stunning and the food very good compared to the previous hotel. Local taxi back from Namma Bay was 30 Egyptian Pounds have the correct notes as they 'have no change'. The hotel runs a free shuttle bus 3 times per day but the rest of the time it is payable, so book this the night before you want to go with the concierge desk. Book you trips locally they are a third of the price , we booked with happy tours at Nabq 'La strada' shopping arcarde and was only 10 pounds per person for the quad biking in the dessert (we went at 5.30pm nice time), the same price for the Ras Mohamed trip (snorkelling at the hotel is so good you dont really need to book this) If you go quad biking, the bedouin kids try to sell you braclets when you stop at echo mountain, take something with you to give them, (sweets, slides, pencils, ball, just kids stuff, as they dont have much, and were delighted with pencils I had with me) We are so lucky and they live in very different conditions from us. Lovely hotel , the food could have been hotter as we all had upset stomachs and we were really careful with salad, ice cubes and drinking plenty water, seems to be something that every hotel in Sharm has a problem with. This was the only down side of our holiday once we arrived at the Savita. Take american dollars with you for the airport $15 for the visa on arrival and the duty free is priced in $s on departure, scots change your notes to english as they look at it like its monopoly money. Have fun. When you go to Namma Bay, barter and banter with the locals they are really good fun and just want you to look at their wares, if you dont want to look just tell them youre late for your hotel bus and youll look next time, they just leave you to it. The more times you go in the more they remember you and just leave you to actually browse. Hard Rock, and TGIs are good for a change and cheaper here than the uk/"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007

Not only the ash cloud that spoilt my holiday

"Due to the volcanic ash cloud in April 2010, my holiday was re- scheduled and I ended up at La Savita. My room was nice and had a sea view but the rest of it was disappointing. Like another reviewer, I had previously stayed at the Concorde el Salam, just around the bay, and there's absolutely no comparison. My main complaint would be about the food which was awful and, more than once, I nearly burned my wrist on the steam from the bain marie keeping the food hot; I worried about food poisoning for the whole week but, by being careful, and eating very little, I managed to stay healthy. The animation programme is very intrusive if you're just there for quiet relaxation but the loungers and mattresses were in very poor condition to do achieve that. The best thing was the semi-indoor heated pool which was very relaxing at the end of the afternoon. I'm glad that I wasn't there waiting indefinitely for a delayed flight home and I went back to the Concorde in November 2010 - 4 years since my previous visit but still remembered by some members of staff. I won't go back to La Savita!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of February 2011

Hotels near La Vita Resort & Spa

Stayed at La Vita Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

La Vita Resort & Spa is also called